Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by Xite91 »

tomorrow wendy wrote:nah, I think that it is a rather clear example of buddying up.
Aside from me....once you have finished catching up, what other player or two are you suspicious of?
a certain person that has said that you were scummy more than a couple times without voting for you.
Nah, it really isn't. I was just trying to tell you, in a nice-ish way, that you're an idiot.

Oh, did you mean me?
Did you want an actual reason to find him scummy? Cuz I'll give you one, just not one based off of a null tell.
I'm not voting for him because I would like to keep discussion going as long as it's good, and me voting him would just make the day end just that much faster, plus I was more interested in Lat at the time (although Fitz still looks like scum and I wouldn't mind ====[ ] him, but I'm waiting for discussion to die down and him to be at L-1). I'm not voting him now because I'm more interested in you, in the
non
creepiest way possible :mrgreen:
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

Xite91 wrote: By the way, this isn't an insult (I'd be much more harsh if it was) but is english your first language? I'm just curious
calling me a noob and ovnoob was insulting. now you are just trolling for information to discredit me, either language barrier or grammar or something. too transparent, sorry.
Nah, it really isn't. I was just trying to tell you, in a nice-ish way, that you're an idiot.
is totally insulting. do people where you live not defend personal honor. keyboard cowards annoy me.

do you attempt to undermine me to defend h.fitz?
I'm not voting him now because I'm more interested in you,
b.s. I'm brand new here. you've been calling him scummy for pages.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

paging h.litz
tomorrow wendy wrote: remind me, why was LAL enforcement a reason to try to lynch dalt but not a reason to lynch Nexus? Was it because your scum buddy was voting for Nexus and you didn't want to be on the same wagon?
did you miss this?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Xite91 »

tomorrow wendy wrote:
Xite91 wrote: By the way, this isn't an insult (I'd be much more harsh if it was) but is english your first language? I'm just curious
calling me a noob and ovnoob was insulting. now you are just trolling for information to discredit me, either language barrier or grammar or something. too transparent, sorry.
is totally insulting. do people where you live not defend personal honor. keyboard cowards annoy me.

do you attempt to undermine me to defend h.fitz?
I'm not voting him now because I'm more interested in you,
b.s. I'm brand new here. you've been calling him scummy for pages.
Yes, those were insults, that question was genuine curiosity, and I wasn't planning on and I swear to you that I will not use the answer for any case made against you in this game, and if anyone else does, I will instantly jump their shit :)

I'm not a keyboard coward, ask anyone that knows me, I'm this confrontational IRL as well. (You can send a PM to Kmd, he knows me IRL :P ) And hey, I was
trying
to be at least somewhat nice.

I was calling you scummy for jumping onto the guy with the most suspicion using a null tell. That
is
scummy
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP
I am honored, though, that you would put a quote of mine in your sig :)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

Xite91 wrote: Yes, those were insults,
FU2 buddy ;P
that question was genuine curiosity, and I wasn't planning on and I swear to you that I will not use the answer for any case made against you in this game, and if anyone else does, I will instantly jump their shit :)
if it can't be a part of a case, than it is not game relevant, no? dropping it like bad habit.
I was calling you scummy for jumping onto the guy with the most suspicion using a null tell. That
is
scummy
I also benefit from reading game knowing dalt's role PM. Hence my OMGUS vote on h.fitz.
I am honored, though, that you would put a quote of mine in your sig
sunlight is the best disinfectant
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

Xite91 wrote: (You can send a PM to Kmd, he knows me IRL :P )
This is against rules! Would get me killed! WTF, no tricks!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Post by havingfitz »

tomorrow wendy wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
tomorrow wendy wrote:I didn't like how havingfitz played along with iamausername's claim thingy early in the game.
Why?
seems insincere to me
So you don’t believe my explanation. “Seems” seems a bit gut. Gut is ok but no way to back it up.
tomorrow wendy wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
tomorrow wendy wrote: I like the posts by Leech and Loud Mouth Lee.
What do you like about them?
seems sincere to me
Vague. More gut.
tomorrow wendy wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
tomorrow wendy wrote: havingfitz voted for me.
I voted for dalt. What do you think of his play? What is you mafia experience?
he seems dumb. i've played beofre online, i've read games here.
Personal attack on dalt noted…have you played on this site before under any other names?
tomorrow wendy wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
tomorrow wendy wrote:
unvote, vote: havingfitz
OMGUS
remind me, why was LAL enforcement a reason to try to lynch dalt but not a reason to lynch Nexus? Was it because your scum buddy was voting for Nexus and you didn't want to be on the same wagon?
I wasn’t using LAL as the lone reason for voting dalt. I also thought his game naivety was a bit overt and my suspicions were compounded by the fact dalt bailed on the game and failed to acknowledge a single point against him when he did post after accusations were made towards him. I commented on what I believe is the line Nexus is accused of lying in. He gave his explanation…something dalt never did…and I did not think that lone comment was enough to vote him. Is that why other’s have their votes on him? Because they think he lied? Do you think he did despite his explanation?
tomorrow wendy wrote:
havingfitz wrote: Aside from me....once you have finished catching up, what other player or two are you suspicious of?
a certain person that has said that you were scummy more than a couple times without voting for you.
Vague again. Why do you feel the need not provide clear answers?
tomorrow wendy wrote:calling scumteam of "Xite91 + havingfitz"
Me for being insincere and Xite for defending me and (I assume) voting you?
tomorrow wendy wrote:1) obvious? no. scummy to my eyes.

2)yes. i am accusing you of being scum, and lying about not knowing the set-up. To me you post replying to iamausername seems to be written with the voice of a scum player impersonating town, playing along by pretending to not know the setup but to still try to stop the gambit by accusing the gambit author of being a rolefisher.

3)
iamausername wrote:It's not usually done, I know, but
I have reason to believe we should massclaim immediately in this particular game.
I'm really hoping I don't have to explain why.
bolded for duh
1) That seemingly insincere scummy gut feel again. Good solid reasoning so far tw (j/k).
2) You don’t believe my explanation for my knowledge of the game set up and of mountainous games. You obviously have the same telepathic skill that others have displayed with dalt.
3) "This particular game" to me indicates this particular
game
. Not this particular
set up
. And there is no need to be an ass about it…which combined with calling me a liar and your predecessor dumb…comes across as very hypocritical after your offense at Xite calling you an idiot.
tomorrow wendy wrote:paging h.litz
tomorrow wendy wrote: remind me, why was LAL enforcement a reason to try to lynch dalt but not a reason to lynch Nexus? Was it because your scum buddy was voting for Nexus and you didn't want to be on the same wagon?
did you miss this?
paging t.windy
I am not online continuously. Did you have any comment on your OMGUS vote on me or what comes across as OMGUS accusations towards Xite?
Xite91 wrote:I was calling you scummy for jumping onto
the guy with the most suspicion
using a null tell. That
is
scummy
When did I become the guy with the most suspicion? Did you notice the three other equally exciting wagons to choose from? Four if you include the one you just jumped off. And you still haven’t given your reasoning for me moving up your list.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:08 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

LlamaFluff wrote:1) "I do not like the entire post". Great! Why?
2) "He made a votecount! That is IIoA!" Sorta but not really, IIoA more applies to summarizing events that are occuring and not giving your own insight to them, like if I broke down the whole LML-Nexus thing
3) "Voting due to not believing someone". His vote is not horrible in reasoning here, just lacks backing. He is voting someone who he thinks is scum trying to wagon baselessly.
4) "Saying he is useless". You say it is trying to give him reasoning to lurk, without him ever exhibiting lurker tendancies. The "I am outclassed" possibility is completely ignored by him here. If CA wants to go after lurkers, there are other candidates.
5) "Rally Cry". This continues on to be said as "either side can do it". So CA is trying to force a null tell into a scum tell here to help further his case, although he says he views it as a scum tell.
6) "He is rude". Again, not a tell.
2) Wouldn't a vote count be a summary of events that is occuring and not giving own insight into it?
4) Who said I was going after lurkers in particular? His post sets him up to go under the radar for day 1. I don't think he will disappear completely, but it still provides an excuse for a lack of analysis.
5) I play games on another chat mafia site (epicmafia). While that game is vastly different than mafiascum mafia, when I play, players who give rallying cry type comments (no big deal, we can still win this, no point in dwelling on mistakes, etc) are players I've found more likely to be scum.
6) I was never using it as reflective of alignment. You'll see in my original post that I voted him before calling out the elitist statement against noobs. The revote was more for dramatic effect/snarky commentary.
LlamaFluff wrote:CA reacts to this comment by missing the entire point. IAU brought up that he was lurking to get the wagon off him, CA responds by saying he is tunneling on him, which is not the case. IAU brings up some points, such as the contridiction that I mentioned already, and you never respond to him, instead you stop posting for a few days (ie lurking to get a wagon off of you).
Apparently you missed or didn't read the part of that post where I said I forgot about the thread.
LlamaFluff wrote:Also there is the attack on town reads of himself and IAU, attacking town reads of people you do not think are scummy is in itself scummy. I mentioned this earlier and it also got ignored. CA has missed/ignored quite a few things directed at him.
All reads should have reasoning behind them. Scum don't have honest reads, they would want to fake them. If the reads were on other players, I would have questioned them as well. Without reasoning given with them, scum can take a stance without having to back up why they are taking said stance.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 am

Post by iamausername »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Secondly, I know how some people found HF's opening quote to be a nulltell, and some people found it town-ish. I found it scummy. Here's the quote and my explaination:
havingfitz wrote:VOTE: iamausername for rolefishing.

Seriously...did you expect any town PRs to reveal themselves? Though I do support scum claims. You first?
I don't know HF enough to metagame, but considering this to be a mountainous game (and it obviously is, checking out the title of the thread), his lack of knowledge of the game is inexcusable. To me, this felt so wrong, and it did at the time, which is why I kept on bringing it up.
That's only obvious if you know what "mountainous" means in a mafia context, though, which is hardly self-explanatory. So if you're suggesting that there is no way anyone could have missed the setup, and that havingfitz must therefore be lying, I'd have to disagree. If that's not what you're suggesting, then... I don't understand where the scumminess comes from. Being unobservant is no kind of scumtell I've ever heard of.
Xite91 wrote: HF is looking scummier by the day...
Really? I've been finding the opposite.
tomorrow wendy wrote:If h.fitz as town thought that this was a normal closed game in little italy then as town shouldn't he have been curious about why iamausername thought this game was different? It seems to me that h.fitz was a scum typing out what he thought would look like a townie post without really thinking like a townie.
Yeah, that actually makes sense as a reason for finding fitz's first post scummy. I don't agree with it, but I can at least see where you're coming from.
aaaaand you've lost me. It's really too early in the game to go calling scumteams IMO, even if you actually had a decent basis for it. And you don't.
tomorrow wendy wrote:To me you post replying to iamausername seems to be written with the voice of a scum player impersonating town, playing along by pretending to not know the setup but to still try to stop the gambit by accusing the gambit author of being a rolefisher.
OK, that's way more of a stretch than the first quote. So you think that fitz not only knew the setup, but also realised what I was trying to achieve with my gambit and deliberately acted ignorant to shut it down? No offense to him, but I just don't think there's any basis to believe that he's sharp enough for that.
Xite91 wrote:Did you want an actual reason to find him scummy? Cuz I'll give you one, just not one based off of a null tell.
I know I'd like to hear it, at least. But I dunno if maybe you're pulling something sneaky again and there's a reason you're keeping it under wraps right now.
tomorrow wendy wrote:calling me a noob and ovnoob was insulting. now you are just trolling for information to discredit me, either language barrier or grammar or something. too transparent, sorry.
tomorrow wendy wrote:if it can't be a part of a case, than it is not game relevant, no?
It's totally game relevant. Knowing that a language barrier exists will totally affect how I read someone, as I'm pretty sure it should everyone. You're really being unnecessarily confrontational about this.

If someone brought it up at all, it would be far more likely to be in the context of "he's worded it badly because english isn't his first language, so it's not as scummy as it looks" or something like that, rather than "look at this loser who can't even speak english properly, we should totally ignore everything he says". So really, it's a huge advantage to claim ESL. :p
tomorrow wendy wrote: I also benefit from reading game knowing dalt's role PM. Hence my OMGUS vote on h.fitz.
Yeah, that's just bad. The contents of dalt's role PM shouldn't be used as a major factor in your evaluation of fitz's actions, because fitz doesn't necessarily know what the contents of dalt's role PM are.

Question for anyone who is not voting either Lateralus or ConfidAnon right now... why not?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 am

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:I'm really leaning towards Prana and CA looking scummy because they're overposters
Do you not see any significance in the fact that CA conspicuously stopped being an overposter as soon as he came under pressure?
Also quoting this unanswered question as reference material for LML in answering that last question.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

LmL wrote:Do you really believe this? This seems like (a) you're making an excuse for Dalt's confusion and (b) Rationalizing something that doesn't need rationalization.

I have gone on really feel like the Dalt play was a red-herring, and it has really dominated the post-waves for a while.
Yeah, or in the very least more than Dalt being a evil mastermind cleverly lying about everything including his own identity.

A. I prefer the term explaining, but yeah I guess I am making an excuse. That being said I believe it is a logical reason reason that can explain why he was confused.

B. fitz brought up the "oh he's pretending to be confused" and so I tried to explain Dalt's confusion.
LmL wrote:I don't know HF enough to metagame, but considering this to be a mountainous game (and it obviously is, checking out the title of the thread), his lack of knowledge of the game is inexcusable. To me, this felt so wrong, and it did at the time, which is why I kept on bringing it up.
Why is lack of knowledge a scum tell?
havingfitz wrote:he didn't directly deny knowing the roles. In one case he is flippant, and in the other he denies know what "mountainous" is rather than simply stating that he didn't know the roles in this game.

in your experience, don't liars generally prefer saying half-truths or talking evasions like flippancy over stating obvert lies?

iamausername's post asking for a massclaim was direct enough in specifying this specific setup that I looked at the mod's first post again to make sure that I didn't miss anything. If h.fitz as town thought that this was a normal closed game in little italy then as town shouldn't he have been curious about why iamausername thought this game was different? It seems to me that h.fitz was a scum typing out what he thought would look like a townie post without really thinking like a townie.
What? The fact that he thought there were town pr's shows he didn't know the setup. Where are his half truths? I don't find it surprising fitz didn't pick up on IAU hinting at the setup, most people didn't.

I'm just wondering, do you really believe your own case? It's rather weak and it looks like you just took the idea from LmL post (#282).
IAU wrote:Also quoting this unanswered question as reference material for LML in answering that last question.
He actually did answer the question, but on the days he didn't post here was he posting in any other mafia threads?

Unvote:

Vote: Xite91
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Llamafluff
-3- ConfidAnon, Nexus, havingfitz
ConfidAnon
-2- PranaDevil, Llamafluff
havingfitz
-2- LoudmouthLee, tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
-2- Saga, Xite91
Lateralus22
-1- iamausername
Xite91
-1- Lateralus22
Nexus
-1- Leech

Not Voting:
No one

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!

Deadline is August 22!

Sage will be replaced (if you know anyone who don't like PR heavy roles, tell I'm looking for a replacement)!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:26 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

HF, in regards to TW wrote:I voted for dalt. What do you think of his play? What is you mafia experience?
Why does TW's mafia experience matter, even a little bit? This is an obvious play to discredit another poster.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:35 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

iamausername wrote:
iamausername wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:I'm really leaning towards Prana and CA looking scummy because they're overposters
Do you not see any significance in the fact that CA conspicuously stopped being an overposter as soon as he came under pressure?
Also quoting this unanswered question as reference material for LML in answering that last question.
I missed this, and reread my context.

At the beginning of the game, Prana, CA and myself were all overposting contrary to the rest of the players. With that being said, I was afraid that my two biggest targets (Prana and CA) were both targets in my head because they were overposting, and I didn't see enough from the remainder of the people.

And forgive me. I came back to MS because I saw there was a mountainous game. I, personally, new the lexicon, and again, am I the only one who reads opening posts?

To me, a mafia game, when you're PRO-TOWN is about acquiring as much information as possible. When you scumhunt, you look for inconsistencies in stories, roles, etc. Things that don't seem to fit in place. With that being said, the opening post of any game has tons of information that the typical pro-town player NEEDS to be aware of. In this case, THE ENTIRE DAMN SETUP.

With that being said, HF's reaction was one of "I have a power role." That's MY opinion.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:39 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

And once more for good measure!
Lat wrote: Why is lack of knowledge a scum tell?
Because the information was readily available for us in the opening post. That's why.

I hereby ask you, honestly. Look back at this game. Be honest with the situation. Did you know that there were 2 goons and 10 townies before you posted? I sure did.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Lateralus wrote:He actually did answer the question, but on the days he didn't post here was he posting in any other mafia threads?
I thought you were talking about CA... question still stands for CA though.

Questions for wendy,

1. What do you think about the Lateralus / Nexus situation
2. Your current views on Korashk/LlamaFluff?
3. What do you think about the Lateralus / Xite situation?
4. Any other suspicians or alternates to who could be scum if fitz turns up town?
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Leech »

iam wrote:Fuck that noise. Gut feelings own.
There's nothing wrong with gut feelings, I don't believe I ever stated as such. I remember distinctly explaining that it shouldn't be your sole reason for judgment. If you're going to dispute this, would you at least provide reasoning other than "they own"?
HavingFitz wrote:Sorry I didn’t spoon feed you. There a thingy on the bottom of the screen that allows you to sort on specific players. If you look at my ISO 6-8 posts they state and elaborate on my reasons for suspecting Korashk/Llamafluff. All while in the middle of trying to get my dalt case supported. These remain the only reasons atm for my suspicions towards Llamafluff so if you want more…just reread them repeatedly.
You are right, I did not look far enough back to see your case. Thank you for pointing that out.
HavingFitz wrote:Thanks for the warning. Can you define a flip flop wagon and how it pertains to me (as opposed to anyone else in the game who has moved their votes? And as mentioned above…I still support a dalt lynch but I’m not going to keep my vote essentially out of play when there are other scum to catch.
The word "other" in that last statment indicates that you do believe that Dalt is scum. I do not buy, for a second, that you would switch your vote off of someone you believe is scum, for someone that you're suspecting for the reasons you stated. How the flip flop wagon pertains to you, as opposed to others, is how you clearly believed in your case only to drop if for your "second best" just because that wagon had steam.
LmL wrote:Because it's the biggest bandwagon at the time.
Well, I do feel the need to point out that I was wrong here. HF did explain reasons why in earlier posts of his, I just did not look back far enough. While I am in agreement with you on the swap, you should take into consideration that he did explain his case previously. Just not at the time of his switch.
tomorrow wendy wrote:I didn't like how havingfitz played along with iamausername's claim thingy early in the game.
I like the posts by Leech and Loud Mouth Lee.
havingfitz voted for me.
unvote, vote: havingfitz
Fluff, Fluff, OMGUS. Wow, that post is so bad it's painful. If you are going to state that you feel a specific way about a player, or that you like the posts of others, you should offer explainations.
tomorrow wendy wrote:yes. i am accusing you of being scum, and lying about not knowing the set-up. To me you post replying to iamausername seems to be written with the voice of a scum player impersonating town, playing along by pretending to not know the setup but to still try to stop the gambit by accusing the gambit author of being a rolefisher.

You said you believe he is scum, yet also knew the setup of the game. When you look at HF's initial post it was a clear indication that he thought there were PR's present. If he was scum and knew the setup, why would he post in a manner that deliberately made it appear he was unfamiliar with the setup, and draw attention to himself?
Xite wrote:
I'm not voting for him because I would like to keep discussion going
as long as it's good, and me
voting him would just make the day end just that much faster
, plus I was more interested in Lat at the time (although Fitz still looks like scum and I wouldn't mind ====[ ] him, but
I'm waiting for discussion to die down and him to be at L-1
). I'm not voting him now because I'm more interested in you, in the noncreepiest way possible :mrgreen:
So, you're not voting for HF because you want to keep discussion going? Am I silly for assuming that you weren't voting for HF because you feel that Lat is more suspicious? Your vote is on him afterall. What you've just said is that if the conversation were to stop now, you'd vote for HF. Let's actually think about that for a second. If conversation stopped, nothing else would be added to the conversation, right? You just said that if conversation stopped you would vote for HF, without anything else being added to cause that. So, why is your vote still on Lat?

With the last two bolds you just said that you are going to be a hammer vote. Why does he have to be at L-1 before you vote for him? If the event you described were to take place, it would be easy for you to justify that hammer because there was no duscussion. You could claim it was better than a no-lynch, or that the game was dead and you wanted to progress it. I cannot think of a single pro-town reason to withhold a vote for the reason you just stated. This is easily the scummiest post that I've seen in this game so far.

Unvote, Vote: Xite91
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Xite91 »

Hi lat, mind telling me why you voted for me?
tomorrow wendy wrote:
Xite91 wrote: Yes, those were insults,
FU2 buddy ;P
that question was genuine curiosity, and I wasn't planning on and I swear to you that I will not use the answer for any case made against you in this game, and if anyone else does, I will instantly jump their shit :)
if it can't be a part of a case, than it is not game relevant, no? dropping it like bad habit.
is
scummy
I also benefit from reading game knowing dalt's role PM. Hence my OMGUS vote on h.fitz.
I am honored, though, that you would put a quote of mine in your sig
sunlight is the best disinfectant
Bolded. Hmmm... simplest form of buddying up.
Partly game relevant (because it means there might be things you just don't understand, also, I'm less likely to insult you :P )
Mostly though, I was just curious which language was your first?
Uhm, everyone benefits from reading the game? Is that supposed to be a breadcrumb?
I'm not sure disinfectant is the right word :)

Anyways, you're really jumpy... Why is that?
tomorrow wendy wrote:
Xite91 wrote: (You can send a PM to Kmd, he knows me IRL :P )
This is against rules! Would get me killed! WTF, no tricks!
It's not against the rules to talk to other people about other people, as long as it doesn't directly involve the game
IE) Hey, XXXX said YYYY, what do you think about that? <---- That would be against the rules
But
IE) Hey, what's XXXX like in person? <------ Has nothing to do with the game, so it's not against the rules.
But here,
Mod, Would it be against the rules for Wendy to ask someone I know in person how I am in person?

Just in case.
Again, though with the jumpy overcautiousness.

@Whoever asked, I didn't say anything because I figured it would be obvious. This one wasn't one of my tricks (but I'm glad you're prepared for them now ;P ).
Fitz is scummy because of his LAL attack on Dalt, and the fact that he won't drop it, or wouldn't drop it until he realized that he'd lost the rest of the players' (respect, interest, something like that? Can't find the right word). Then he changed to another person, Llama, for Korashks play. It was just really scummy to me.

@Whoever asked the Lat/CA question
I find Wendy to be more scummy at the moment... Duh?

Preview Edit, Damn Ninja, I'll respond to you next
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Xite91 »

So, you're not voting for HF because you want to keep discussion going? Am I silly for assuming that you weren't voting for HF because you feel that Lat is more suspicious? Your vote is on him afterall. What you've just said is that if the conversation were to stop now, you'd vote for HF. Let's actually think about that for a second. If conversation stopped, nothing else would be added to the conversation, right? You just said that if conversation stopped you would vote for HF, without anything else being added to cause that. So, why is your vote still on Lat?

With the last two bolds you just said that you are going to be a hammer vote. Why does he have to be at L-1 before you vote for him? If the event you described were to take place, it would be easy for you to justify that hammer because there was no duscussion. You could claim it was better than a no-lynch, or that the game was dead and you wanted to progress it. I cannot think of a single pro-town reason to withhold a vote for the reason you just stated. This is easily the scummiest post that I've seen in this game so far.
Lat is scummy, but IIRC I called them being the scumteam. I think Lat IS scummier than him, but if Fitz gets to L-1 then it's partially obvious that Lat will not be the lynch of the day, right? Not to mention, I just like to put the hammer on people. It's the most fun position on a wagon, except for the person that started it, that's where it's really at.
Also, it's not scummy because I am claiming the hammer vote before it happens, therefore I can't just say, oh, it was because it was better than a no-lynch, or that the game was dead.
If the game was dead, I'd find something more amusing to do than hammer someone... Maybe get on a table and dance the Cha-Cha (by myself no less), or maybe pick on newbies more, or come up with another fun shenanigan against someone, or maybe, just for the sake of this game claim a PR.
I don't hammer a person to get a game going, it's a stupid thing to do IMO
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:04 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

havingfitz wrote: I am not online continuously.
saw you posting elsewhere, decided to page you.
Xite91 wrote:or maybe pick on newbies more,
not sporting. tacky.
Anyways, you're really jumpy... Why is that?
fleas
Lateralus22 wrote:1. What do you think about the Lateralus / Nexus situation
2. Your current views on Korashk/LlamaFluff?
3. What do you think about the Lateralus / Xite situation?
4. Any other suspicians or alternates to who could be scum if fitz turns up town?
need to read more carefully, will do so with these in front of me.
LML wrote:With that being said, the opening post of any game has tons of information that the typical pro-town player NEEDS to be aware of. In this case, THE ENTIRE DAMN SETUP.
agreement. How can a person claim any sort of authority for compensation in this text-based forum game without having read and understood the first post by game moderator? In clear red letters he wrote that there were two scum and 10 townies, no power roles. Accusing iamausername of rolefishing seems fishy to me. Possibly h.fitz was trying to emulate a powerrole, possibly he was scum thinking that rolefishing would be something that he might be accused of later.

Most fishy thing in the game so far, definitely stood out to me.
somethign to consider. If h.fitz is telling the truth about not knowing that setup was open, is that ignorance more likely to be town or scum? Town with vanilla role pm would be looking for any clue as LML just said. Ignorant scum would know that he is on team of two in a twelve player game. Would he assume multiball game with two teams of two against a town of 8 with powerroles?

I have two models for h.fitz scum in my head right now: one is ignorant of the set up, the other was not. In the first case he thinks that there is a multiball game with PRs that need to be protected by town players, and he might need to claim PR later. In the second case, where he was not ignorant of the setup, perhaps he was worried that his partner might fall for iamausernames gambit.

My belief that Xite is likely to be scum if h.fitz is scum is based off of scum distancing without a vote.
Would like proof of hammer preference that Xite is claiming. If his preference is so strong, there should be plenty of precedent for it, no?

sory for being long with poor organization. Also want to read today, but have limited time.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:07 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

iamausername wrote: Yeah, that actually makes sense as a reason for finding fitz's first post scummy. I don't agree with it, but I can at least see where you're coming from.
aaaaand you've lost me. It's really too early in the game to go calling scumteams IMO, even if you actually had a decent basis for it. And you don't.
sorry. Was trying to be a baller.
tomorrow wendy wrote:To me you post replying to iamausername seems to be written with the voice of a scum player impersonating town, playing along by pretending to not know the setup but to still try to stop the gambit by accusing the gambit author of being a rolefisher.
OK, that's way more of a stretch than the first quote. So you think that fitz not only knew the setup, but also realised what I was trying to achieve with my gambit and deliberately acted ignorant to shut it down? No offense to him, but I just don't think there's any basis to believe that he's sharp enough for that.
trying to rationalize gut is a tricky business. Was he looking out for his partner?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Xite91 »

Sorry, can't give you proof, all my games on here are ongoing, and I mostly play IRL otherwise.
But I will prove that I will hammer as long as someone doesn't beat me to it if that's what you mean?

Oh, and you seem to be looking for reasons to pair more than one person up to Fitz, when, ironically, you know there's only two scum present... Just something to consider
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:18 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

Xite91 wrote: Oh, and you seem to be looking for reasons to pair more than one person up to Fitz
really? where?
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:23 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

iamausername wrote: No offense to him, but I just don't think there's any basis to believe that he's sharp enough for that.
I thought about this some more. Doesn't this game require the assumption of competence? I am familiar with Hanlon's razor
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
" but in this asymmetric information game shouldn't giving out passes for incompetence give false reading of "town" when evaluating alignments?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”