Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:36 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Good & Honest: To be honest myself, I rather enjoyed your long posts. They were well thought out, and your writing is easy to read and understand. Don't expect many people like me in the future though. It's going to be a long hard battle for you and your playstyle on this site. I don't wish to discourage you, but that is the reality. Good luck to you mate.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

though I'm very disappointed in silver's attitude.
Don't understand why as it wasn't like i went "screw this i'm scum lynch me" in game...
Anyway, Hinduragi committed suicide and I knew why - so that the partner wouldn't need to comment on Hinduragi's situation. Which meant that the partner was most probably a player who hadn't had the chance to react - Switz or silverbullet999 (or even archaebob)
and this is EXACTLY why i really lost interest in the game after day 1. I have never seen a mafia suicide and completely disagree that it was in anyway a helpful move.
... People were right it seems....
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Excedrin »

silverbullet999 wrote:and this is EXACTLY why i really lost interest in the game after day 1. I have never seen a mafia suicide and completely disagree that it was in anyway a helpful move.
Hinduragi was basically dead, you probably should have been on the wagon or hammered.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 am

Hinduragi was basically dead, you probably should have been on the wagon or hammered.
You are reiterating my point, I was gone for the day, and when i checked back i see to my surprsie the day had ended with hindu being lynched. I GLADLY would have bussed him and hopped on the wagon or hammered (as stated in the quicktopic) but he didn't even give me the chance to do that!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:40 am

Post by KittyMo »

Hinduragi wrote:Haha, sorry, I didn't mean for it to be seen like that. In all honesty, I did that in the best interests of having SB survive. The point of that was SB was lurky and I analyzed Foilist the second I saw him post a case on me and begin to tunnel on me. I could tell Foilist wasn't going to be convinced by a doctor claim.(For one, I already posted about the setup and the chances of cop/doc and he touched on that and would definitely link the two. Secondly, if I claimed doctor and didn't turn up dead N1, they'd quicklynch me in seconds. This is debatable but my gut reads of both bob/foil turned on me when I thought about my chances of surviving.)

The others, in retrospect, would've rolled with the claim. Ah well, I failed in the end. xD Saw that coming. I shouldn't have based my play off of the players playstyles at the beginning of that game since I didnt figure replacements would come in. Just a mistake to learn from. Although it did feel horrible when I saw newbtown start using AtE. Some of those unvotes were just me falling for town AtE. Not trying to earn town points. I guess I'll have to be more scummy next time.

Also, yeah, when I was looking up where bob played a scum role and I was reading through his games(I actually did do this because I am capable of deluding myself into thinking I'm town when it's necessary), I saw you IC'ing with ABR in there, haha. I thought that was ironic. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the game. It was fun. ^^
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:16 am

Post by archaebob »

@ silver -

The reason it was a helpful move is because scum often trip up when bussing. Bussing is the one of the easiest things to screw up, because of what a contrived thing it is. Bussing would NOT have given you any town points in this game, guaranteed. All it would have done would have been to give us more information about you, which would have made a contradiction more likely in the future. Hinduragi's self-hammer was extremely pro-scum.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 am

Post by archaebob »

KittyMo wrote: Also, yeah, when I was looking up where bob played a scum role and I was reading through his games(I actually did do this because I am capable of deluding myself into thinking I'm town when it's necessary), I saw you IC'ing with ABR in there, haha. I thought that was ironic. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the game. It was fun. ^^
And LOL at this. Remember that game, Kitty? It's still my favorite that I've played, by a long shot.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 am

Post by KittyMo »

archaebob wrote:
KittyMo wrote: Also, yeah, when I was looking up where bob played a scum role and I was reading through his games(I actually did do this because I am capable of deluding myself into thinking I'm town when it's necessary), I saw you IC'ing with ABR in there, haha. I thought that was ironic. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the game. It was fun. ^^
And LOL at this. Remember that game, Kitty? It's still my favorite that I've played, by a long shot.
Oh, I definitely remember that. My only time being killed N1. :razz:

It was really nice that you killed me, though, because like right after that I had to replace out of all my games. >>
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Good and Honest »

Thank you for your words, foilist 13!

silverbullet999, I have definitely seen mafiosi on this forum suicide in a manner similar to Hinduragi's - as far as I understand, exactly to help their partner.

Prox, I haven't taken physical notes of the game but I guess you can say that I've been taking mental notes...

By the way, I planned to mention something in my previous post but somehow didn't so here it is:

In my post about Switz and silverbullet999, I said: "As a whole, there are several players silverbullet999 has interacted very little with - Prox, Switz, Hinduragi... I think a probable explanation is that when asked about the lack of interactions with Hinduragi (the partner), silverbullet999 would be able to use this as excuse: "But there were other players I didn't interact with much, either!"...". I have the feeling that silverbullet999 didn't see that - in the post used as a defence against Switz's case, silverbullet999 made exactly that excuse - not having interacted with Switz... I would have certainly pointed that out but, as it turned out, the case was solved in the meantime...
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Kison »

Good and Honest wrote:Hello Kison! That must have been a dream scenario - you enter and immediately give town the win!
I was actually hoping for a challenge. :-(
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:16 am

Much rather have been bussed than seeing my partner self hammer.
First game that it's occurred here for me and I still don't see the point of it as was apparent the only people who didn't bus were me and maybe 2 others... thus making it more likely we were scum.
It was not a pro-scum move.

He also could have fake claimed a pr to last one more day at the least.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:17 am

As I said glad this game was over with as I lost all my motivation in it. It wasn't a perfect victory for you guys so I'm more than happy.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”