Choose Your Side: A Comedy of Whims (Game Over)

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:55 am

Post by Twomz »

It doesn't matter if they're hostile or not, their wincon is not with the town so they cannot be trusted. That's besides the fact that I still kinda think ani is lying and is just scum trying to fakeclaim.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:59 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Andrius wrote:I was warming up to the idea. Not going full-force. And I realized that he has no motivation to actually help the town, so his uses are numbered. Just hope we have a town vig to replace him.
Why are you so hung up on the concept of Vig as a necessity? Do you think that Town can’t win a game without one?
Manho wrote:THE ANI LYNCH IS PUSHED BY MAFIA!!! HE IS THE VIG, AND I WON'T LET HIM SHOOT ANYONE. SO HE IS NOT A THREAT TO ANYONE. WE SHOULD LYNCH THE MAFIA FIRST.
What relevance does Ani being a Vig have if you say you will not let him shoot? If he is truly a Town Vig (which I don’t believe for a second) then you are rendering the only reason for keeping him around moot.
Esp wrote:Ok. I will hammer or L-1 Ani if we agree that it is the right way to go for now but I would still prefer to get more out of this day if we can. We can almost start playing day 2 now.
No we can’t play the rest of the today as if it is Day 2. We need confirmed flips to begin judging reactions and interactions properly. Ani still could possibly flip Mafia instead of 3rd Party. Additionally we need to see for certain if Manho dies when Ani does. If not we will need to assess how to proceed based on Ani’s alignment.

The only reason I see for continuing the day at this point is to wait for CSL’s input. Given what I have seen in other games I’m expecting disappointment.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Twomz »

@ MoI: Yeah, I'm thinking of just saying we end it as well. Anyone have anything else they want to talk about day 1?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Espeonage »

VOTE: Ani L-1
Don't @ me.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Twomz »

TEMPTED SO MUCH TO HAMMER YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

FIVE POSTS, IF FIVE PEOPLE POST AND NO ONE WANTS TO CONTINUE THE DAY AND ANI'S STILL AT L-1, I'M HAMMERING.

GOING TO GO LOOK FOR A GOOD HAMMERIN PIC.
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:28 am

Post by caelum »

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Given CSL's meta, I wouldn't mind if we end the day now. animorpherv1 is probably scum and regardless of a mafia or third-party flip. If he's mafia, we'll be able to search for connections between him and other players and if he's third-party, we get rid of two likely third-party players. Either way, animorpherv1's anti-town flip will put town ahead of the game.
Andrius wrote:[sarcasm] There's this wonderful thing called "considering other possibilities", which is something that people should do, so I tried it out for a bit. It didn't take over my mind in the end, and the town still has to win, so I dropped it.
Yes we should consider other possibilities in the game, but that does not mean you have to contradict yourself just to do that.
animorpherv1 wrote:vote: AlmasterGM for tunneling.
I'm surprised more people didn't noticed but, but obvious OMGUS is obvious.
Twomz wrote:Anyone have anything else they want to talk about day 1?
Not really anything important. We can discuss our other scum reads, but it's not really necessary dragging the game out longer then necessary.
caelum wrote:post
Is that it? Nothing to say about the game, no opinions. Is this
seriously
a post just to avoid prod?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:33 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

TWOMZ SWING THAT HAMMER. BE A HERO.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

OH WAIT I'M NOT VOTING I CAN DO IT. SORRY TWOMZ, I'M STEALING YOUR THUNDER.

Vote: Animorpherv1

caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:41 am

Post by caelum »

twomz wrote:FIVE POSTS, IF FIVE PEOPLE POST AND NO ONE WANTS TO CONTINUE THE DAY AND ANI'S STILL AT L-1, I'M HAMMERING.
caelum wrote:post
SSBMF wrote:lol
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:42 am

Post by caelum »

Ah forgot. AWESOME MAN LOL YEAH IM AWESOME!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Twomz »

AlmasterGM wrote:OH WAIT I'M NOT VOTING I CAN DO IT. SORRY TWOMZ, I'M STEALING YOUR THUNDER.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOvOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

vote: animorph
T.T hammer

Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

yay, a lynch!
~Toon fighter~
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:45 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Vote Count 4.5

(8) animorpherv1: Seraphim, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Andrius, Toon Fighter, caelum, MagnaofIllusion, Espeonage, AlmasterGM

(2) Mafuyu: Nobody Special, manho
(1) SaintKerrigan: UnitedKingdom
(1) AlmasterGM: animorpherv1

Not Voting: CSL, Mafuyu, Espeonage, Twomz

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
Deadline is on Monday, August 23rd, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST.

Huggle Count 0.9

(17) Nobody Special: Andrius, Twomz, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim, Seraphim

(4) UncertainKitten: Twomz, Nobody Special, Mafuyu, Mafuyu
(3) SaintKerrigan: Nobody Special, Mafuyu, Mafuyu
(3) Andrius: Super Smash Bros. Fan, Twomz, Nobody Special
(3) Twomz: Andrius, Andrius, Nobody Special
(1) Espeonage: Andrius
(1) Manho: Andrius
(1) AlmasterGM: Andrius
(1) animorpherv1: Twomz
(1) CSL: Twomz
(1) Super Smash Bros. Fan: Twomz
(1) Everyone in the Dai Gurren Brigade: UncertainKitten

Not Huggling: caelum, Toon Fighter, animorpherv1, CSL, MagnaofIllusion, AlmasterGM, manho, Espeonage

With 15 players alive, it takes [REDACTED] huggles to [REDACTED] someone.
Deadline is on Monday, August 23rd, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. CST.

- A Lynch Majority has been Achieved -

"It seems they've decided who they wish to kill, sir."

"Very well. Let's give them their fun."

As the rest of the people debate on how best to put the one known as animorpherv1 on ice, the one known as Espeonage turned and said, "Lo! Have a look at this!"

The rest of you turn, and behind you is a small little town - with a gallows on its outskirts, close to the meadow where all of you currently stand. "Let's have a hangin'!" the one known as MagnaofIllusion suggests.

"Aye!" the others chimed. Collaboratively they dragged animorpherv1 to the gallows, where a local sheriff was kind enough to demonstrate how to properly operate a gallows. Soon animorpherv1's neck is encircled by a noose, and all that remains is to pull the lever.

"Here goes," speaks Nobody Special, reaching for the wooden lever.

"Hey!" Seraphim protested, grabbing Nobody Special from behind and heaving him out of the way. "
I
wanna pull the lever!"

Soon Nobody Special will quickly dash in to make another attempt to pull the lever, but Seraphim will simply huggle him away once more. This process will be repeated fifteen times in succession.

"Hey, Huggle Time!" Andrius called, darting up to a bunch of characters and huggling them enthusiastically. Soon almost everyone is going at it, and even the Dai Gurren Brigade got brought into the fun, while animorpherv1 stood in the noose, his hands and legs fasted together with duct tape.

"Where's Charles?" Mafuyu and Nobody Special are whining. "We wants to huggle him!"

"You wanna join the fun?"

"Not yet. It's not my cue. Let's keep the fun going, though. Initiate Operation: Senior Year."

"Yes, sir."

About five hours, tons of huggling (among other physically strenuous activities), and a nigh endless intake of illicit narcotics and alcoholic beverages later, you look up at the gallows, bathed in a giant shadow, and see something swinging from the wooden beam.

"Wait, did we hang Ani?" manho asked sharply. "Who did that?"

"HAHA I GOT IT LOLZ!" AlmasterGM will yell, grinning at the top of his lungs. "I GOTZ HIM WHEN YOU WUZZN'T LOOKIN' HAHAHA LOLOLOL PWNED!"

"
I
wanted to do that!" Seraphim and Nobody Special cry simultaneously before glaring at each other simultaneously.

"Well, at least Ani's dead," Twomz said contentedly.

"I'm not dead!"

Everyone turns to look, and sure enough, animorpherv1 is right down there with them. "What the [REDACTED]!" Seraphim exclaimed.

"You got lynched, dude," Super Smash Bros. Fan protested. "Why are you still alive?"

"L33t skillz," animorpherv1 will reply, grinning.

caelum scratched his chin. "But if he's not swinging, then who..."

Everyone will rush up to the gallows, and there they found something that will surprise them: a small orange creature with black stripes, yellow belly, and a pink nose is swinging on the gallows, blowing slightly leftward due to a rightward wind.

"Is that who I think it is?" Toon Fighter inquires.

Mafuyu nods. "Indeed it is. Such a sad day when-"

"Pardon me for the interruption." Everyone turned to look at Charles. "Well, that's what I'd say if your matters were more important than mine, but they aren't, so I need no pardon. Anyway, night is falling, and all of you must immediately proceed to the places described on the strips of dead trees I'm about to give you."

I will go to each of them and hand out these thin slabs of wood while simultaneously turning to the audience and saying, "Yes, I have no respect for the environment. Deal with it." Once Charles is finished, he concluded, "You know where you're going, so get moving. Once you get there, stay there until morning under pain of... Understood?"

They nodded and dispersed in multiple directions. Charles waits until everyone is long gone, and then he says,

Tigger,
Tigger
Unknown
, was lynched on Day 1.

Night 1 has begun. Deadline is on Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. CST.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:06 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Night 1 is now over. Day will break once actions are resolved.
Oops I jumped the gun. You have less than an hour left to get actions in, folks. DOOOO EEEEET!!!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

NOW Night 1 is officially over! Day will break once actions are resolved.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"And so it begins anew."

"Indeed. Run the clips we've prepared last night. I need to have my tie straightened."

"As you wish, sir."

In the middle of nowhere lies a railroad track. For no apparent reason, someone is dancing on this railroad track, while feedback noise and static plays in the background. The figure is silhouetted in black, so its identity is unknown.

Red blood rushes from the black figure's crushed body, as the freight train moves on without stopping. Limply the head collapses, and the figure is revealed to be...

Without warning, a train whistle is heard. Barreling toward the dancing lunatic is a freight train carrying 665 cars. The figure doesn't seem to notice, and now its playing an electric guitar that sounds like a snare drum. Mercilessly the train runs over the figure, along with all 664 fully-loaded boxcars and the caboose. In the end, the figure is laying on the track, a pulpy, shattered mess.

BANG!

The black figure tilts its head up to stare at the intruder. A gun is pointed at the figure's head.

The first movie is paused, and another one begins to play. It's another black figure, sitting on a bench in a school locker room. He doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment.

The figure's head jerks back sharply. Limply the figure's body slumps to the floor. The intruder leaves quietly.

Suddenly, footsteps are heard, and an intruder walks into view.

The movie pauses.

The intruder's mouth moves silently, with no words being heard.

Charles will open the door and enter. "Like the new place?" he inquired, indicating the large meeting room that everyone was gathered in.

"Can't we go back to the meadow?" someone complained.

"You are at the meadow," Charles responds. "But we digress. I'm sure you've noticed by now that one of us is not here this morning." I will gesture toward the wall-screen TV. "Marley, please remove the Silhouette Effect, if you will."

The two black figures from the two movies were suddenly revealed, and everyone gasps. "So that's that," Charles stated. "I have other business to attend to, but I'm certain you all know by now what to do. Get to it."

MagnaofIllusion,
Randall "Pink" Floyd
Third Party
, was shot in the head on Night 1.

Piglet,
Piglet
Unknown
, was hit by a train on Night 1.

It is now Day 2. With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
Deadline is on Sunday, August 29th, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. CST.

Toon Fighter is on V/LA until Aug. 28th.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

You may post now.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

You know what these results mean to me!? I THINK ANIMPORPH HAS LIMITED IMMUNITIES TO BEING KILLED! And you know what role needs those!? SERIAL KILLER! WITH BURNING PASSION LET US KILL HIS IMAGINARY FRIENDS!

"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:30 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

OK, I should explain now, shouldn't I?

I myself had no idea why I didn't die, then in the Lovers QT, manho stated that as long as I don't kill, we are both practically killproof (that means lynches and Nightkills), and the death of the other creatures is just flavour.

TBH, I have no idea what this thing that supposedly kills us is, and neither does manho (for those that don't get it, he wasn't told whst kills us, and either was I). We took a guess that it was something magic, though.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Seraphim »

Okay, what the [REDACTED] is up with this fucking Winnie the [REDACTED] bullshit. I'm guessing that [REDACTED] has some sort of body shield thing where these non-player [REDACTED] die in his place. Let's kill him until he dies. Some [REDACTED] analysis...looks like a vig tried to [REDACTED] ani last night, given all this weird Winnie the Pooh shit. MoI is [REDACTED] a Mafia kill, scum have no reason to kill ani because he's obviously Mafia or third-party.

Vote: animorpherv1

I would say [REDACTED] or die but you're going to die [REDACTED] so there's no real reason for you to explain.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:34 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

UncertainKitten wrote:You know what these results mean to me!? I THINK ANIMPORPH HAS LIMITED IMMUNITIES TO BEING KILLED! And you know what role needs those!? SERIAL KILLER! WITH BURNING PASSION LET US KILL HIS IMAGINARY FRIENDS!

Have you also forgotten that manho is claimed 3rd party Lover-Survivor (wins if him and myself alive at endgame), and could have possibly gotten this ability to make it more likley for a 3rd Party win, since they are far less often than Mafia/Town wins?

@Seraphim:

It looks like MoI tried to kill me, not a vig. TIME TO READ.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Seraphim »

Actually, I [REDACTED] if we shouldn't try to lynch manho [REDACTED]. Fuck, why can't scum just [REDACTED] already? It's hard enough that we need to [REDACTED] and get all the votes to [REDACTED] them, but we need to kill them multiple times too?

I want manho and ani to fullclaim and explain this fucking shit.
It looks like MoI tried to kill me, not a vig. TIME TO READ.
How do you [REDACTED] that? Is it the kill flavour?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@Seraphim:

Because MoI flipped 3rd Party, I'm guessing it was either a lyncher on me (he suggested my policy lynch), or a SK.

Also, let me take a look at my role PM one more time.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Seraphim »

If he was a lyncher, [REDACTED], he wouldn't have tried to vig [REDACTED]. I suppose we'll see if that kill flavor [REDACTED]s up again. The town does not have a [REDACTED] to trust you.

We also might want to consider [REDACTED] manho rather than ani if this keeps happening.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”