Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:40 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

iamausername wrote:You mean the guy who replaced out and is no longer playing this game? Vote switch time.

unvote; vote: CA

At least pretend to pay attention to what's going on.
So much fail here.

Obviously I mean his playerslot. The fact that he replaced out of this game when he took heat, but not another game, is hella suspicious.
havingfitz wrote:That said…as Korashfluff is my second option…if CA can actually provide a link or quote to what it is he is talking about that would be helpful.
Not sure if that would be legal.

Why too lazy to look yourself?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

havingfitz wrote:@Lat…did your last post have a purpose or were you just posting fluff to express the inner poet in you?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was trying to sum up everything dalt did while saying he had legit reasons to be confused and that he was just doing what he was told in a comical way. I'll stay away from the poems and be blunt and to the point from now on.
fitz wrote:As for your comments about me lying….that is complete crap. First…I prefaced my comment about the pre-dalt votes with an iirc so if I missed one…meh, the eleven other votes all get my point across equally well; secondly, whose to say the LML vote you mention was not valid? It contained all the required formatting. So please get serious…unless you plan on making this another of your replace out games. And feel free to take onboard any of my comments to Prana that apply to your defense of dalt.
"Vote:"
"Random Vote:"

Eh last time I checked you weren't supposed to add the word "Random" before you vote. Regardless of wether it was valid or not it makes sense as to why Dalt was confused. And the vote bolding Dalt simply did what PranaDevil told him to. Unless I happen to die, get blinded, or have no internet access you can expect me to be here.

Iam wrote:That "You think Nexus is town? OMG scumslip!!" nonsense has pushed him over the edge, I think.
He was convinced Nexus was town after only three posts, that doesn't seem right to me at all.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Nexus

1. The odd order of the lists are weird. List one says "suspicions" then says Xite isn't suspicious. Looks like he's just trying to lay low and stay away from someone he figures to be a threat.

2. I don't believe what he says about not trying to avoid confrontation with Xite. In post (#111) he speculated that Xite was might have been trying to distract everyone why didn't he mention it? If scum can lay low and avoid suspicion then they would be safe.

3. Then there's the lie about about seeing how LmL would react.

4. Then we move onto the inconsistencies with his lists. List one states Ca is not that suspicious but he's the 3rd highest unless you include me. (he was only adding me there to put pressure on me which is fine) Yes he explained it saying that he reread the thread, I don't really know. I noticed that the CA/LmL/Prana order was the exact same as Xite's list and thought he just copied and pasted which would explain the difference between the lists.

5. Now as to why I questioned him about his posting I wanted information. I also wanted to see if I could catch in him in a lie. It seemed to be like he said he was rushing but his largest post looked like it took time to post. Again this goes back to seeing if he was lying.

6. I was satisfied with his response about the last point. He sounded honest and answered confidently, post #178. I cannot say the same about post #150 when he is explaining his actions he blames it on a mistake, this leads me to believe that post was a lie.

I hope this clearly explains what I was thinking and why I questioned Nexus about certain things and why what I brought up related to him lying and explaining the inconsistencies instead of only accepting they were mistakes.

Xite

1. First off the whole basis of my case against is that he pretty much "knows" Nexus is town. It seems that he's been doing some sort of gambit the whole time and the basis of that was that Nexus was town and he'd get some sort of reactions from the scum. This relied heavily on Nexus being town, which it seems he deduced from reading only three posts. That is the major part that doesn't sit right with me.

2. Again going onto Nexus is town gotta see what scum will do. He states "And this is how you make a successful gambit" meaning that he finished what he needed to do. Now he only said earlier on that he wanted to see reactions because Nexus was town and he made a fake scum tell to lure them. He never once states (Until after I mentioned he wasn't investigating.) that he was also looking to see if Nexus was scum. If he truly was he would have told us, but he didn't. Scum does not need to investigate anyone in this game because they know everyone's role.
Xite wrote:2) Why the hell would I need to do that? It's the opposite from what I'm saying, so why would it be important? Just wonderin
This would prove my accusation of you making a scum slip is false, I figured you'd want to make my whole case null.

a. Go back to you didn't investigate him because you knew he was town. Only scum knows who and who is town.

b. This means you figured out he was town in only three posts. That's pretty risky for a gambit that would go on for such a long time wouldn't you agree?

3. I honestly want to know why they aren't scumtells in this situation.

6. Nah, just putting out my thoughts. You can see above my reasoing from when I was attacking Nexus and why.

If I am missing something important or anything is unclear let me know so I can clarify my thoughts or anything on this post that is confusing.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 am

Post by havingfitz »

ConfidAnon wrote:
havingfitz wrote:That said…as Korashfluff is my second option…if CA can actually provide a link or quote to what it is he is talking about that would be helpful.
Not sure if that would be legal.

Why too lazy to look yourself?
Ahhhh...good point.

No..I thought you had intended to provide a link to a post and had overlooked it.

So...I looked before responding to this post and low and behold!!!!!! Nothin jumps out at me. WTF? And I suspect Korashk and still couldn't see anything to implicate him (more) in this game.

FoS CA
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Xite91 »

havingfitz wrote:
Xite91 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say that AFTER you did your little check-up on him?
You would be wrong
By "correct", I meant "prove to me," but eh, honestly, this whole Dalt Did/Didn't lie argument is making me hate this game and reading it so much. Honestly, the only thing it's doing other than diluting the tread more, is making my second idea for scum stronger and stronger.
FoS: Havingfitz

I think Lat should suggest to have his title changed to "The Poet" in honor of this game.

Hafingfitz and CA need to read the thread, especially modposts
Lateralus22 wrote:
Iam wrote:That "You think Nexus is town? OMG scumslip!!" nonsense has pushed him over the edge, I think.
He was convinced Nexus was town after only three posts, that doesn't seem right to me at all.
Not convinced, pretty sure. Sides, if he wasn't, we'd find out, didn't add that part partially because it seemed obvious, and partially because it really wasn't my intent to catch Nexus-scum because I didn't think he was scum, and still don't.
Lateralus22 wrote: Xite

1. First off the whole basis of my case against is that he pretty much "knows" Nexus is town. It seems that he's been doing some sort of gambit the whole time and the basis of that was that Nexus was town and he'd get some sort of reactions from the scum. This relied heavily on Nexus being town, which it seems he deduced from reading only three posts. That is the major part that doesn't sit right with me.

2. Again going onto Nexus is town gotta see what scum will do. He states "And this is how you make a successful gambit" meaning that he finished what he needed to do. Now he only said earlier on that he wanted to see reactions because Nexus was town and he made a fake scum tell to lure them. He never once states (Until after I mentioned he wasn't investigating.) that he was also looking to see if Nexus was scum. If he truly was he would have told us, but he didn't. Scum does not need to investigate anyone in this game because they know everyone's role.
Xite wrote:2) Why the hell would I need to do that? It's the opposite from what I'm saying, so why would it be important? Just wonderin
This would prove my accusation of you making a scum slip is false, I figured you'd want to make my whole case null.

a. Go back to you didn't investigate him because you knew he was town. Only scum knows who and who is town.

b. This means you figured out he was town in only three posts. That's pretty risky for a gambit that would go on for such a long time wouldn't you agree?

3. I honestly want to know why they aren't scumtells in this situation.

6. Nah, just putting out my thoughts. You can see above my reasoing from when I was attacking Nexus and why.

If I am missing something important or anything is unclear let me know so I can clarify my thoughts or anything on this post that is confusing.
1) See Above. What can I say? I'm becoming a master of early-tells
2) Ok, and? See above, also, see 1
Youre gonna hafta explain that bit after the quote, I'm confus
a) See 2
b) Not really, if things changed, my view would change, and I'd go from there, that's what you're supposed to do in this game, IIRC
3) Because of the way he's doing it? I like to call it an informed gut reaction
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

122/124 (LML) - He is dead on about Nexus having suspicion lists that do not match the actions that he is exhibiting. While an immediate call out on this is not the best way to go about it to me, this is a good spot and an acceptable action. More interesting is the lack of real distinction I was able to find from Nexus in ordering his list.
126 (Nexus) - Just funny since Nexus called LML defensive, and this would qualify more to me. It is not a good tell, but worth noting that Nexus is attempting to apply a double standard here.
145 (IAU) - Basically just good posting. Points out a slight contridiction from CA.
174 (Nexus) - Finally moves off LML due to pressure. Not sure why pressure on him justifies removing a pressure vote on LML, or why Nexus was still pressure voting once it had been revealed as pressure (hint - As soon as a vote is called a pressure vote, it is no longer useful as a pressure vote).
~Wierd side note, I just realized there are three older people then me in this game. I think this is the first time that has happened in a long time.
179 (Lat) - Brings up the point that Xite-Nexus are basically indistinguishable, but comes to a different conclusion then me. I see this as a tell against them being partners more then them being partners.
181 (CA) - *twitch* First he seems to challenge a town read on him and IAU from Xite, I think CA had IAU as town, and I would expect to think himself would be town if he is town. Why is this being challenged? He really glazes over the Nex-LML debate, just taking one shot at Nexus before moving on. He votes Korask for
I see it as kind of a Town motivational rallying cry . . .
either side can do it
, and it strikes me as a cheap way for scum to earn town points.
a null tell! Which he attempts to justify as a scum tell, then proceeds to attack korashk additonally for being a dick (which he was, but that is not an alignment tell). Then he attacks IAU for 'tunneling' on him when he had not posted since the 'tunneling' started. Really bad post all around.
193 (fitz) - He continues to hound on dalt for a the whole "I am new" thing. At almost 200 posts into the game, it is the epicenter of action from fitz, who I know is a much better player then what he is exhibiting right now. Most of the other action in the game is going ignored by him at this point.
208 (xite) - I like the move of trying to put a vote on someone who is not getting pressure right now. I do not like the part about waiting to see if dalt gets replaced in other games though before making up mind too much. What does that have to do with anything?
216 (leech) - Why is this scummy? I will try and throw around a bunch of things like that to get people to listen to me if I otherwise cant.
217 (PD) - I do not even know what you want here from me. Saying that my predecessor was not that great of a player? If so, Korashk was not a very good player.
218 (xite) - How is the information biased? I thought that was the difference between inherent and research knowledge. Biased information is still gut, simply fancy. Just like High Class British Gut compared to Inbred Redneck Gut.
220 (IAU) - Reg no lynch: Yes late in the game is better, it did need to be stated that no lynching increases towns win chance by 5-10% (I think, have not looked at that data for a bit).
221 (xite) - If I have this right, you thought that nexus was a newbie showing some town tells, so you attacked him to see who would bandwagon, knowing that he would be bad at defending himself and look scummy? First, that is not a 'gambit', more of a trap, but not a good one, since most people will attack 'scummy'. By the same logic wouldnt you expect any newbie town to see the scumtells and jump on it? I just do not see this as without lots of pitfalls scattered throughout it. The wierdest part is, I actually can see the Nexus-town mindset in some of your posts, which was odd given your vote on him. This just is wierd.
250 (CA) - Why is Korask replacing out of only one game suspicious?

unvote
as I realize I never did upon replacing in.

CA, fitz and xite are scummy to me at this point. Probably will vote CA or fitz as some of the recent things I see are making me think xite is town, albiet a little bit crazy town in reasoning here.

Will try and get up a case/vote on them by tomorrow, as I will have no access this weekend due to having to help a professor in the field.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Xite91 »

LlamaFluff wrote: 208 (xite) - I like the move of trying to put a vote on someone who is not getting pressure right now. I do not like the part about waiting to see if dalt gets replaced in other games though before making up mind too much. What does that have to do with anything?
218 (xite) - How is the information biased? I thought that was the difference between inherent and research knowledge. Biased information is still gut, simply fancy. Just like High Class British Gut compared to Inbred Redneck Gut.
221 (xite) - If I have this right, you thought that nexus was a newbie showing some town tells, so you attacked him to see who would bandwagon, knowing that he would be bad at defending himself and look scummy? First, that is not a 'gambit', more of a trap, but not a good one, since most people will attack 'scummy'. By the same logic wouldnt you expect any newbie town to see the scumtells and jump on it? I just do not see this as without lots of pitfalls scattered throughout it. The wierdest part is, I actually can see the Nexus-town mindset in some of your posts, which was odd given your vote on him. This just is wierd.

unvote
as I realize I never did upon replacing in.

CA, fitz and xite are scummy to me at this point. Probably will vote CA or fitz as
some of the recent things I see are making me think xite is town, albiet a little bit crazy town in reasoning here.

Will try and get up a case/vote on them by tomorrow, as I will have no access this weekend due to having to help a professor in the field.
208 I meant Korashk if I'm recalling the post. The way he replaced out was just odd.
218 I should have put information in "". I said that because I was getting tired of sorting through the same case over and over again, where there were extremely biased observations being thrown back and forth. By this I meant the whold Prana/CA/LmL thing
221 There were a lot of things that could have gone wrong, but I figured I would be able to figure things out as I went along
Bolded. Image
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Llamafluff
-3- dalt54321, ConfidAnon, Nexus
Nexus
-3- LoudmouthLee, Lateralus22, Leech
dalt54321
-2- Saga, havingfitz
Lateralus22
-2- Xite91, iamausername
ConfidAnon
-1- PranaDevil

Not Voting:
Llamafluff

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!

Vote count might be incorrect, as I am tired. Will recheck tomorrow.

Leech and Nexus have been prodded!

Deadline is August 22nd!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Nexus »

Doesn't prodded mean a PM? Either way, I'm here.

Although, mod, I may well be
v/LA until the 18th August from tomorrow
as it's my birthday on Monday and my girlfriend's coming down to see me.

I'll spend what time I've got today looking through the last few pages, and try and get some thoughts up. No promises, though.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP: Also, I will probably still be able to read, and if anything needs my immediate attention, I'll try and find time to answer it, I just wanted to let you all know my activity will be even lower for the next few days. You have my sincerest apologies.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

LlamaFluff wrote:217 (PD) - I do not even know what you want here from me. Saying that my predecessor was not that great of a player? If so, Korashk was not a very good player.
I meant more along the lines of whether you find any of his posts scummy or not, and what you feel about his dialogue with other players.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Nexus »

Dalt: I don't really understand why he's here if he doesn't want to post. Or why he hasn't requested replacement.

Korashk/Llamafluff: I admit, I was annoyed that Korashk requested replacement. He'd been under sustained pressure, and it seems to me like he's just quit before he was lynched, and now has left it up to Llamafluff to clean up the mess, which is a bit of a dick move. Re: Your points against me in post #225. I was defensive, yes, but I don't think I was any more defensive than one should be when trying to defend themselves against false accusations of being scum. I think that LmL was being even more defensive than me, which is why I brought it up. I also moved off LmL because I was less suspicious of him, and I wanted to make sure he wasn't lynched before I had the chance to reread the thread and collect my thoughts. Which I did, after I'd been allowed to (after answering the suspicions against me.) Which led to my vote on you. Well, Korashk, but your slot. So, I took off my vote from LmL for these reasons: 1. I was told it looked more suspicious keeping it on him. 2. I had decided that others needed checking first.

Lateralus: You were convinced I was lying, but I believe I've probably proved to you I wasn't, or it was unintentional.

Post #252 responses:

1. List one was written off the top of my head, without checking back in the thread. I couldn't remember some the players, so I listed all the players I could remember, hence some people being missed off. Which is why Xite is on the list. I thought, since I'd started listing most of the players I'd remembered, I might as well list what I thought of all of them. So, I did, but neglected to change the title.

2. Why wouldn't I try to avoid confrontation? It was getting more and more like a proper argument, rather than something to do with the game, so I was trying to defuse it. I didn't realise that would be seen as scummy.

4. I didn't just copy and paste, I re-read the thread, and I changed the order. That's how I considered the order. You're continually barking up the wrong tree, and I'm getting pretty sick of explaining the same thing over and over.

5. The largest post took as much time as it took me to read the thread and right my thoughts. It was the first time I'd done it, and that's why it was considerably longer than all my others-all my others had been immediate reaction posts.

6. Post #150 isn't a lie. It's my truthful explanation. The last bit is also truth.

LmL: Your question to me (Post 203) is quite leading, because even if I say "Yes, it could be seen as buddying," or "No, it can't be seen as buddying," I can't really take a step back if it's me you suspect. You are basically asking if I were buddying up, even if you claim you're not. Any agreement between players could be seen as buddying up.

Fitz: Really quite angry that people are arguing against the way he jumped on dalt. The fact that dalt still hasn't posted makes me think that perhaps he had made a genuine mistake, and feels like he can't come back to the game because he'll just get loads of crap again, with fitz calling him a liar despite the fact he'd only made a couple of posts which someone else pointed out. I think Prana has a good point that in this situation, it's more of a grey area, than a black and white area that fitz is claiming it is. The fact that Fitz is so focussed on one player, who hasn't even posted since the first couple of pages, is quite damaging to the town, imo.

CA: Post #240. Demanding votes for Korashk, despite the fact the guy's switched out. He doesn't even want to give Llamafluff the chance to explain himself. This seems a bit of a scum move for me, because he's seen an opportunity to get a lynch, and is pushing for it. Yes, I've voted for Korashk, but I'd quite like to see what Llamafluff has to say as a defence.

Llamafluff has actually provided some useful analysis, which Korashk hasn't. So, I'd like to see how people react to that and answer him.

I don't like the way fitz is still kinda focussed on dalt, and won't admit he's wrong.

I'm also wondering whether we might get a bit more from Prana.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:14 am

Post by havingfitz »

@CA….regarding your recent post on Korashk being in another game and my FoS on you. I misread your post and thought you were insinuating he (Korash) had madesome sort of incriminating comment in another game that related to his play in this game. When I did not see anything of the sort it made me suspicious of you for leading others on a goose chase. A reread this morning shows me my error and that you were just calling him out simply for posting period.

Why is replacing out of a game but remaining in others suspicious? If I had to assume alignment based on replacing out…I would say either bored town or mafia resigned to their fate (i.e. under a lot of pressure). Korashk could fall under either of those categories so it is a null tell for me. I know if Llama was lynched and flipped town, you would shoot to the top of my suspicions. Likewise…if Llama did flip scum, I would put you squarely on the town side.

@Llama…what has me atop your list? My suspicions towards the player formerly known as Korashk? My continued suspicions towards dalt?

Regarding dalt…between the ongoing debate with the people making excuses for him I have been spending more time on him than I should. Perhaps a single response/explanation from dalt might have resolved the matter. As I’m tired of defending my dalt suspicions and no one else shares my suspicions of him…and his replacement won’t be expected to answer for him (especially considering PD has already taken care of that) my efforts on him are apparently in vain…I’ll
Unvote

That brings me to suspect 1a. Llamafluff. Primarily for Korashk’s play. In the two post’s of content Llama has provided…the only things I have issue with are: the no-lynch comment and the subtle ad-hominem attack on me insinuating I am not playing well this game…which I read as people shouldn’t put any merit what I am saying (which coincidentally has been the case re: dalt).

Vote: Llamafluff

BTW Llama…do you play on this sight under any other names?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Nexus wrote:I'm also wondering whether we might get a bit more from Prana.
Let me know what you want me to comment on and I'll give an opinion, I'm just not seeing a great deal to comment on. When I do see something I do comment (As you'll have noticed) but when I'm seeing arguments where I don't really have strong feelings either way I find it better to watch and see where things go so I can get a read of the situation and of the players involved. But I'm more than happy to comment on anything if you let me know what you want my view on.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Nexus »

It was more a case of I wondered what your thoughts on everyone were.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:34 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I don't like giving my thoughts on everyone, it gives the scum the ability to see where they currently lie in the grand scheme of things. However most likely to be scum for me are CA, Llama (based on Korashk's play), and HF. In no particular order.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Xite wrote:1) See Above. What can I say? I'm becoming a master of early-tells
a) See 2
b) Not really, if things changed, my view would change, and I'd go from there, that's what you're supposed to do in this game, IIRC
1. "Sigh" Will thou share your great wisdom with us?
Quote - Not sure why you're confused, look at this scenario,

Lat - Xites scum! He's got to be! Look at the way he knew Nexus was town from 3 posts and his behavior is pretty much a scum slip (Aka like when scum talks about a townie without saying the words if or maybe signaling they know for sure what role someone has).

Xite - Nah man, I didn't really know that, here's a good to honest quote showing that at some points in the game I doubted Nexus's towniness because I really don't know if he's town for sure.

Once you do so my whole case is null.

3. Not liking how you refuse to explain.

@Nexus

We've both already gone over this (Just giving a summary and explaining my thoughts) and there's really nothing I can say other than " you're lying" and you respond back "no I'm not".

@fitz

Why are you only mentioning Prana coming to Dalt's defense? Multiple people tried to explain Dalt's actions.

@ Prana

What do you think of Iam and Leech?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Leech needs to post more.

Iam seems to be scum hunting, posting regularly, and generally asking questions when he sees they need asking. I'm liking his play at the moment.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:53 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

havingfitz wrote:@CA….regarding your recent post on Korashk being in another game and my FoS on you. I misread your post and thought you were insinuating he (Korash) had madesome sort of incriminating comment in another game that related to his play in this game. When I did not see anything of the sort it made me suspicious of you for leading others on a goose chase. A reread this morning shows me my error and that you were just calling him out simply for posting period.

Why is replacing out of a game but remaining in others suspicious? If I had to assume alignment based on replacing out…I would say either bored town or mafia resigned to their fate (i.e. under a lot of pressure). Korashk could fall under either of those categories so it is a null tell for me. I know if Llama was lynched and flipped town, you would shoot to the top of my suspicions. Likewise…if Llama did flip scum, I would put you squarely on the town side.

@Llama…what has me atop your list? My suspicions towards the player formerly known as Korashk? My continued suspicions towards dalt?

Regarding dalt…between the ongoing debate with the people making excuses for him I have been spending more time on him than I should. Perhaps a single response/explanation from dalt might have resolved the matter. As I’m tired of defending my dalt suspicions and no one else shares my suspicions of him…and his replacement won’t be expected to answer for him (especially considering PD has already taken care of that) my efforts on him are apparently in vain…I’ll
Unvote

That brings me to suspect 1a. Llamafluff. Primarily for Korashk’s play. In the two post’s of content Llama has provided…the only things I have issue with are: the no-lynch comment and the subtle ad-hominem attack on me insinuating I am not playing well this game…which I read as people shouldn’t put any merit what I am saying (which coincidentally has been the case re: dalt).

Vote: Llamafluff

I thought it was extremely odd that he would replace out of this game the moment he takes heat over something. There was no indication that he wouldn't have the time needed for the game, and he has continued to be active in his other game. To me, it strikes me as something that scum would be more likely to do . . . but you're right, it is plausible for town to do it as well. Hm.
Xite wrote:Hafingfitz and CA need to read the thread, especially modposts
If this is directed at the "must post 48 hours to be considered active" in reference to the Korashk slot . . . Battousai posted that Korashk requested replacement, implying it was voluntary, not due to inactivity.
LlamaFluff wrote:181 (CA) - *twitch* First he seems to challenge a town read on him and IAU from Xite, I think CA had IAU as town, and I would expect to think himself would be town if he is town. Why is this being challenged? He really glazes over the Nex-LML debate, just taking one shot at Nexus before moving on. He votes Korask for a null tell! Which he attempts to justify as a scum tell, then proceeds to attack korashk additonally for being a dick (which he was, but that is not an alignment tell). Then he attacks IAU for 'tunneling' on him when he had not posted since the 'tunneling' started. Really bad post all around.
I find it
very
interesting the way you ignored the majority of my points on Korashk in this post. Here is the post for reference. I suspected him for Information Over Analysis, subpar reasoning behind a vote, and and an excuse to lurk through the day before I even mentioned what you said. Notice that I said being a dick was not reflective of alignment in my post as well. Yes, either side can give the town rallying cry, but I feel it's slightly more likely to come from scum (personal opinion based on off-site games).
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite wrote:1) See Above. What can I say? I'm becoming a master of early-tells
a) See 2
1. "Sigh" Will thou share your great wisdom with us?
Quote - Not sure why you're confused, look at this scenario,

Lat - Xites scum! He's got to be! Look at the way he knew Nexus was town from 3 posts and his behavior is pretty much a scum slip (Aka like when scum talks about a townie without saying the words if or maybe signaling they know for sure what role someone has).

Xite - Nah man, I didn't really know that, here's a good to honest quote showing that at some points in the game I doubted Nexus's towniness because I really don't know if he's town for sure.

Once you do so my whole case is null.

3. Not liking how you refuse to explain.
1) But IIRC I said pretty sure the whole time, meaning I didn't know for sure, it was just a strong gut feeling. So does that mean your case is already null?
3) It's not something I can explain. It's just a gut feeling based on what I've seen from other noobs. Wording, amount of posts, and content of posts have very little to do with it, its the feel of the post that makes me think he's town.
ConfidAnon wrote:
Xite wrote:Hafingfitz and CA need to read the thread, especially modposts
If this is directed at the "must post 48 hours to be considered active" in reference to the Korashk slot . . . Battousai posted that Korashk requested replacement, implying it was voluntary, not due to inactivity.
Wrong modposts.
I meant replacement announcements, mostly.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Xite91 wrote:Wrong modposts.
I meant replacement announcements, mostly.
Doesn't change the alignment of the playerslot.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Xite91 »

Nope, but it also doesn't change the alignment of the playerslot.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Leech »

Responding to prod, that is the one and only time I will get prodded in this game. Sorry for the inactivity.
HF wrote:If dalt doesn’t get any traction soon I will switch to Korashk.
Later in the thread, you do just that. This does throw up red flags with me. You push a case on Dalt, and then decide that if people don't jump on, you'll just jump on a bandwagon that already has steam? I'm not sure I like that. You spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get us onto your baseless case on Dalt, only to give it up at the drop of a hat? I wouldn't find this so scummy if it weren't for the fact that you're clearly emphasizing that you believe your case has merit. It doesn't, but the fact is you seem to believe it does.
HF wrote:1. Did dalt lie? Not looking for rationalization...just a yes or no answer.
2. Could dalt have completely forgotten the fact he had played on the site before? This would require him not remembering he had an account (which he is using) and a password (which he either remebered or had reset).
3. If dalt did recall that he had an account and therefore had probably done something on the site before (and what do we do on this site?????)...then what non-lie reason could he have for claiming this as the first time he had played here?
1. Impossible to say. Demanding a yes or no answer on this question is a manipulative way to attempt to get people to agree with you. When they wouldn't have otherwise.
2. Absolutely. You know there's this wonderful thing called "Auto Login" which keeps track of sites you've registered on, and doesn't force you to manually log in on every visit. Also, I use the same username on every forum. On sites that I don't have to worry about personal information being shared, I use the same password as well. So, regardless, he could have either been auto-logged or remembered he signed up, but not that he made two posts in a game two years ago.
3. He could have forgotten, he could have not considered that a game. You know, he could have actually intended on playing this game, and considered it the first game
played
on this site.
CA wrote:Obviously I mean his playerslot. The fact that he replaced out of this game when he took heat, but not another game, is hella suspicious.
I've over-burdened myself in games before, and had to drop a few just to have time to give each game the attention it deserved. There is absolutely no information leading us to believe that there was a scum motive behind that. I never understood why it's such a common thing for people to say about player replacing out. It is null.
Xite wrote:Not convinced, pretty sure.
Sides, if he wasn't, we'd find out
, didn't add that part partially because it seemed obvious, and partially because it really wasn't my intent to catch Nexus-scum because I didn't think he was scum, and still don't.
Ok, so you weren't convinced, but pretty sure he was town three posts in? This reminds me of an off-site game where someone tried to accuse me of "distancing" from my scum partner in my first post in the game. There was absolutely no exchange present, I merely asked a simple question. That player flipped scum. Townies shouldn't be pretty sure of something so quickly, if at all.

I seriously don't like the bold either, that is unbelievably scummy. With your defense of Nexus, if successful, we might not find out he's scum even if that is the case. I can see why you didn't add that part in the first place it's not obvious, it's pretty scummy.
LlamaFluff wrote:216 (leech) - Why is this scummy? I will try and throw around a bunch of things like that to get people to listen to me if I otherwise cant.
I don't think LmL is really that scummy anymore. I simply found it odd how quickly he resort to his experience to try and give his comments more credibility. You're actually proving my point, though.
LlamaFluff wrote:unvote as I realize I never did upon replacing in.
Why is an experienced player unvoting without placing that vote elsewhere? I'm sure you're versed in mafia theory enough to realize that not having your vote somewhere is pointless. Especially when immediately after you list two players you find scummy. Why didn't you vote for them, look at the reaction, and review the reaction? Unvoting for the sake of unvoting is poor play.
Nexus wrote:1. List one was written off the top of my head, without checking back in the thread. I couldn't remember some the players, so I listed all the players I could remember, hence some people being missed off. Which is why Xite is on the list.
I hate scumlists in the first place, but it's so much worse when you'll post one without even thinking about it. You just literally said you made a scumlist with a person on it that you wouldn't have, had you read the thread.
HF wrote:That brings me to suspect 1a. Llamafluff. Primarily for Korashk’s play. In the two post’s of content Llama has provided…the only things I have issue with are: the no-lynch comment and the subtle ad-hominem attack on me insinuating I am not playing well this game…which I read as people shouldn’t put any merit what I am saying (which coincidentally has been the case re: dalt).
So, you abandon your case on Dalt for this. You list one parroted reason, and an OMGUS against Llama, but state it's "primarily for Korashk's play" when you never state specifics on. Last time you mentioned possibly jumping to this wagon you had stated:
HF wrote:If dalt doesn’t get any traction soon I will switch to Korashk. Llamafluff if a good player who can probably sweet talk out of korashk's bad play…but in terms of D1 suspicions I think that player slot would be a good lynch.
Is that intentionally vague? You just said it's "bad play" and "in terms of D1 suspicions" which has absolutely no substance at all. You just gave up a case you appeared to believe in for one that you haven't even stated an actual reason for. You have your two weak reasons for Llama, which even you claim are lesser than an unstated reason that you apparently can't specify and only reference indirectly.
Xite wrote:3) It's not something I can explain. It's just a gut feeling based on what I've seen from other noobs. Wording, amount of posts, and content of posts have very little to do with it, its the feel of the post that makes me think he's town.
Gut feelings should never be enough to actually make a judgment alone. If all you have for thinking a player is a specific alignment is "gut" then there's probably a reason you don't have anything more substantial. Gut feelings backed by logical deductions from events in threads are one thing, but if it's mostly gut then it's mostly irrational reasoning with no logical backing. You can be wrong, you know. Basing judgment on gut is an egotistical "I'm right because I know I'm right" standpoint that should be avoided. Also, I'm always weary of a player that acts on gut reactions that is a defense that cannot be disproved. When it comes down to it, you've had a "gut" feeling nearly the entire game? I find that extremely unlikely to actually be the case.

Overall, I'm comfortable with my vote on Nexus. He's done absolutely nothing to change my opinion on him, and Xite's die hard defense isn't doing him any favors. Though HF is quickly climbing up the suspicious ladder with his flip-flop wagon just because people didn't agree with a case he clearly believed in.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Xite wrote:1) But IIRC I said pretty sure the whole time, meaning I didn't know for sure, it was just a strong gut feeling. So does that mean your case is already null?
3) It's not something I can explain. It's just a gut feeling based on what I've seen from other noobs. Wording, amount of posts, and content of posts have very little to do with it, its the feel of the post that makes me think he's town.
1. No, I want physical proof. The point I'm trying to make is your behavior and gut feelings towards Nexus is parallel to that of someone making a scum slip where one would say a players role for sure. I feel that way because you've had the same feelings from the very beginning of the game when Nexus posted very little content. My suspician only grows stronger when he was the center piece of a gambit that heavily relied on him being town.

2. Nothing at all? You can't even quote certain parts of his posted and tell you what emotions or gut feelings you get from them? You say that him being town is obvious and you've seen the same reactions. If it's obvious then this must mean it's something common you've seen before. If it is why can't you cite any examples?
Llama wrote:179 (Lat) - Brings up the point that Xite-Nexus are basically indistinguishable, but comes to a different conclusion then me. I see this as a tell against them being partners more then them being partners.
No, I was accusing Nexus of copying off the order of players on the list.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

havingfitz wrote:That brings me to suspect 1a. Llamafluff. Primarily for Korashk’s play. In the two post’s of content Llama has provided…the only things I have issue with are: the no-lynch comment and the subtle ad-hominem attack on me insinuating I am not playing well this game…which I read as people shouldn’t put any merit what I am saying (which coincidentally has been the case re: dalt).

I brought up no lynch as town no lynching at some point in the game significantly increases town win chances. I did not vote no lynch, but said that we should no lynch before this game is over, especially if we have a mylo situation.

Also I do have an alt which you have played with, more then once I think. If you know who it is hush, too many people know about it already, I would prefer if not everyone knew.
Leech wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:unvote as I realize I never did upon replacing in.
Why is an experienced player unvoting without placing that vote elsewhere? I'm sure you're versed in mafia theory enough to realize that not having your vote somewhere is pointless. Especially when immediately after you list two players you find scummy. Why didn't you vote for them, look at the reaction, and review the reaction? Unvoting for the sake of unvoting is poor play.
I was "voting" someone I did not think was scummy and have a town read on. I laid out my top two suspects with a brief reasoning for both of them being suspicious. I have not made a case or picked out which one I think is more likely scum yet, I do have a life outside of the game. Will have a case and vote out tonight though.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”