SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:33 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

ooba wrote:
sykedoc wrote:
The key to the game lies in the numbers:
4f 6e 65 20 6c 69 76 69 6e 67 20 6f 6e 6c 6f 6f 6b 65 72 20 69 73 20 69 6e 61 63 74 69 76 65 6c 79 20 6f 62 73 65 72 76 69 6e 67
"One living onlooker is inactively observing"
That checks out. Now why is this the key to the game? (Mostly rhetorical question. Might be the mod screwing around with us again.)

@ Elli: Basic story of this game: Amished/SK suspicions early D1, Sociopath lynch because he claimed Pinata (with goodies). Arsonist(?)-SK killed N1, lots of Nikanor suspicion, Ythan and I began a slapfight (I thought he was confirmed scum, he said my case was bull), we massclaimed (I'll try to pull exact data from everyone if you ask, but for now I'll just say I'm Jack O'Neill, Amnesiac Townie with two mystery abilities, and I'm not certain what my abilities do, but I can't target myself with either of them), then Nik got lynched due to deadline. D3 Ythan/SK war dominated early half of the day, the latter half saw RC get lynched because of more "suspicious" behavior than Spyrex (the other lynch candidate). Llama also got elected governor that day, and he gets a couple of abilities (can't remember exactly what they were without looking up, but I think one was some kind of pardoning ability, and the other negated points accumulated by a player). Spyrex and Ythan got killed overnight, and now it's D4.

Yeah, I suck at summaries. Sue me.

Btw, just for curiosity's sake, anyone wish to claim either of last night's kills?

Also, I
intentionally
chose to not target anyone last night. I wanted to see if one of the kills would stop if I intentionally did nothing. There were two kills. Thus, to me at least, I'm not one of the killers.

Also, HAI ELLI!!! (/inserts into first post of the day)

Preview Edit: @ Amished: I'm surprised you aren't trying to push my lynch today. What's happening, dude?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 am

Post by ooba »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
ooba wrote:
sykedoc wrote:
The key to the game lies in the numbers:
4f 6e 65 20 6c 69 76 69 6e 67 20 6f 6e 6c 6f 6f 6b 65 72 20 69 73 20 69 6e 61 63 74 69 76 65 6c 79 20 6f 62 73 65 72 76 69 6e 67
"One living onlooker is inactively observing"
That checks out.
If you can see that it checks out, then you must have known how to decode it before.
Not sure what the code means. These are the letters and numbers that make it up: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 0, b, c, e, f. It almost looks like a word or letter reference, but if that's true I've no clue what the system is representing.

LF wrote:and SK-Spy is a bit of a streach.
Why so?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:59 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

ooba wrote:
LF wrote:and SK-Spy is a bit of a streach.
Why so?
Spy was slightly encouraging me to take a shot at SK when I claimed to have a kill ability. He also never realized when I said that I did not have a kill ability, I would think scum would pay enough attention to realize if someone has a daykill or not that is aimed at a partner.

Also there is the fact that SK started a counterwagon to RC on Spy.

Almost willing to vote SK simply for the fact that I see no way of him being the partner to Spy that could cost us the game today, and given what I see from the setup he would have to be scum.

What is the code pattern though? I really am not seeing it here.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:54 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Also I am interested to see if this will revive Nik or something...

Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Co-host of The USL Show
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ooba wrote:If you can see that it checks out, then you must have known how to decode it before.
Nope. When you posted your solution I Googled around until I found the cipher system that would be able to produce your given result. In the absence of another viable solution, I say it checks out.

Why does the setup make me scum, Llama?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Why does the setup make me scum, Llama?
Right now I am town, and unless Ythan was lied to, as massive bastard modding is in place, Eli is town. That means that this was a 7+1:2:2:1 setup, and that it is now a 2:2:1 setup. That means that scum is SK, ooba and Amish. If we lynch non-Spy partner out of the three of those, game continues, if we lynch spy partner, we lost. It is just a matter of lynching who works with spy the least today.

Have not heard if my Nik chant did anything yet.
Co-host of The USL Show
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

LlamaFluff wrote:...unless Ythan was lied to, as massive bastard modding is in place, Eli is town.
Ythan wrote:My role PM does not explicitly say that their faction will be the same as mine but I assume so.
Unless Ythan later stated that the mod told him his replacement was town, I see no guarantee that Elli is the same alignment as Ythan. Also, I doubt that you're town at the moment.

On reflection, Amished's early elect vote for a townie makes him look better in my eyes.

[tangent] Actually, it could also theoretically be 2 Mafia, 1 SK, 2 Town today. The main reason I got behind the two-scumteam theory was to explain why Ythan and Spyrex could both be scum but working against each other. Now that Ythan isn't scum, it could just as easily be an SK kill as a mafia kill. Ooba's claimed ability set makes him a likely SK suspect. (Yes, I know the mod's Red Mafia reveal argues against this. But who's to say that isn't a red herring?) [/tangent]
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:...unless Ythan was lied to, as massive bastard modding is in place, Eli is town.
Ythan wrote:My role PM does not explicitly say that their faction will be the same as mine but I assume so.
Unless Ythan later stated that the mod told him his replacement was town, I see no guarantee that Elli is the same alignment as Ythan. Also, I doubt that you're town at the moment.
I thought that Ythan said that his replacement was guarenteed town at some point, will have to look back through for that. Also I assumed as much from your posts earlier, and your posts yesterday about your read on me. Will just have to prove that wrong the old fashioned way here.

Amish vote for Ythan just means that he is not scum with you, since he would have gone for you if govenor was any type of a daykill, cop, vig etc power. Ythan was actually the safest place for scum to lay down a vote if they are not with you given how tunneled he was on you. Voting me would have been far riskier since I have been a little more scattered with my suspicions.
Actually, it could also theoretically be 2 Mafia, 1 SK, 2 Town today. The main reason I got behind the two-scumteam theory was to explain why Ythan and Spyrex could both be scum but working against each other. Now that Ythan isn't scum, it could just as easily be an SK kill as a mafia kill. Ooba's claimed ability set makes him a likely SK suspect. (Yes, I know the mod's Red Mafia reveal argues against this. But who's to say that isn't a red herring?)
I would not be shocked, but I would doubt that there is a second serial killer in this game. Unless I just revived Nik, I still say this is lylo. Even if I did, I think this is more likely 8:2:2:1. It fits with my reliable source basically guarnteing a town loss if scum figured out what the code ment first. Only way I see a 9:2:1:1 is if someone was a SK until Eli just joined their team, a massive streach.
Co-host of The USL Show
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

RedCoyote (1): LlamaFluff
Amished (1): RedCoyote
SaintKerrigan (2): SocioPath, Steam-Powered Shovel
SocioPath (7): Nikanor, UncertainKitten, magnus_orion, SaintKerrigan, SpyreX, Amished, StrangerCoug

K, so scum on Socio wagon was Just spy so far. I'd bet on a 7 man there was more than one so one of Amished and kerri.
--------------------
Nikanor (5): UncertainKitten. StrangerCoug, LlamaFluff, SaintKerrigan, SpyreX
SaintKerrigan *W* (1): RedCoyote
SpyreX (1): Steam-Powered Shovel
RedCoyote (2): Amished, Nikanor

Spy on again...llama kerri k
------------------
RedCoyote - 4 - SpyreX, LlamaFluff, *****, Amished
SpyreX - 2 - RedCoyote, SaintKerrigan

Players not voting: Ooba

4 people may have spy as the only town.

Skimming mod isos there was like only one wagon everyday and led to the lynch, do i have that right?
Last edited by sykedoc on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Wait do you guys know my role?
FLASH OF GREEN
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ellibereth wrote:Skimming mod isos there was like only one wagon everyday and led to the lynch, do i have that right?
Not really.

Day one there was a lot of talk going all over the place, and near the end of the day SP claimed and said that it was in the town best interest to lynch him, everyone gave up what they were doing and obliged.

Nik wagon yes, that is basically correct. I think that Nik would have been lynched day one if SP did not claim however.

Day three had Ythan and SK fighting between themselves for a long time, I eventually started a wagon not on either of them (RC) and after it became obvious that SK and Ythan were not getting lynched, some counter action showed on Spy, but RC was lynched.

You should claim too, we already massclaimed.

We have remaining...

SaintKerrigan - Has two actions, does not know what either do
Amished - Redirector
ooba - Has to guess role to be able to use it, has not figured it out last I heard
Me - Was told day one that no VTs existed, I have gov powers from election (reset votes + remove points from a player)
You - ?????? Born from Ythan
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

If I had to guess you would be Robin, just fits flavor.
Co-host of The USL Show
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ugh I have some restrictions on how I can answer stuff let me check something.

I'm not allowed to say why I'm here.
I can't say my predecessor's name.
and I can't reply to things concerning my alignment.

I think I can claim half of my flavor thing but let me check.
I'm vote less though.
FLASH OF GREEN
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Llama wrote:Amish vote for Ythan just means that he is not scum with you, since he would have gone for you if govenor was any type of a daykill, cop, vig etc power. Ythan was actually the safest place for scum to lay down a vote if they are not with you given how tunneled he was on you. Voting me would have been far riskier since I have been a little more scattered with my suspicions.
Amished was one of the earliest, if not
the
earliest, people to elect-vote after the mod said elect-votes were permanent. With that in mind, it seems less likely to me that Amished would elect someone who wasn't his partner right away.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I had skimmed the game earlier when the whole ***** vs. kerri was going on btw and I remember thinking Kerri was town during that. I'm sorta busy for the next few days, will go back and look at more stuff after that etc.
Last edited by sykedoc on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

oh shit I said his name again.
FLASH OF GREEN
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
Llama wrote:Amish vote for Ythan just means that he is not scum with you, since he would have gone for you if govenor was any type of a daykill, cop, vig etc power. Ythan was actually the safest place for scum to lay down a vote if they are not with you given how tunneled he was on you. Voting me would have been far riskier since I have been a little more scattered with my suspicions.
Amished was one of the earliest, if not
the
earliest, people to elect-vote after the mod said elect-votes were permanent. With that in mind, it seems less likely to me that Amished would elect someone who wasn't his partner right away.
Sorta. If you are able to elect someone who is not your partner and will kill someone who is not your partner, it is even better though. You do not want your partner at the center of attention, especially in a game that appears to have multiple anti-town groups. It makes people scrutinize thier choice, and lables them as likely town, which may draw kills. I would prefer to elect a player that is not scum with me and will kill someone who is not scum with me then my partner in an instant as scum, I think everyone in this game is smart enough to do that as well.

I would be shocked if Amish was your partner since a Ythan vote could have gotten you killed while he gets no credit for the bus.
Co-host of The USL Show
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Llama: You're assuming that at the point of election people had more than passing suspicion of the dual-scumteam theory. If you think there's only one scumteam, and you're in it, why not vote for one of your partners? You don't know if the power the elected official gets is one-shot or lasting, so giving lasting power to non-scum is a dangerous prospect.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Ellibereth gains two points!

I for one believe you're all screwed!
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Ellibereth »

V/LA next 3 days
FLASH OF GREEN
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

FoS ooba

My top pick for someone who is not Spys partner at this point. Have a hard time believing that Eli is anti-town without being third party at this point.
Co-host of The USL Show
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I could go for Ooba today. I can see him as scum or third party regardless of how many scumteams we have.

What put Ooba over me, Llama?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 am

Post by ooba »

SaintKerrigan wrote:I could go for Ooba today. I can see him as scum or third party regardless of how many scumteams we have.

What put Ooba over me, Llama?
I think SK is Spy's partner with the other-floating-not-in-thread guy a survivor with kills or something ..
- I dont believe his
- Plus revisit page 15 where SpyreX votes SK with gusto when someone questions SK on his partiality to SpyreX ..

I am still thinking 2:2:1 would be too hard on the town esp. when a lot of the roles are ambiguous ..
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Amished »

You're worried about game balance in a bastard mod game?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

SaintKerrigan wrote:What put Ooba over me, Llama?
SPS was the first to bus the Spy not making sense targeting him claim. Also Spy said he targeted him N1, I do not think that they would RB their own partner N1 since SPS was not a NK threat.

He makes the least sense as a Spy partner out of everyone, outside of extreme bastardly play I think he almost has to be scum. I almost think the pairing here are ooba-SK and Amish-Spy, but ooba-SK does not make total sense. I think that ooba is best starting move though.

Also I will take off Eli's point as of this post in order to prevent any possible shenannigans stemming from him having points.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”