Fate
:HAPPY:

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Fate »

Sobriquet wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
On our new friend:
Fullclaim, please. I'd consider having him fullclaim before shooting me, just so I can analyze the claim before I die.
Moi? I remain Ra, Goa'uld, Survivor, win if I survive until the game ends or until five players remain in the game, at which point I'd be removed from the game and win. Other than the reincarnate-in-a-symbiont-account in the case of being killed (which has been used now) I have no abilities. No word back from the Mod yet on my quicktopic with MO. In other news, I like your plan (well, given that I haven't really reread everything yet, anyway). While obviously I'm not interested in MO redirecting something like a kill at me it doesn't seem to be on the table yet and frankly I can't think of a good way to go about stopping him if he wants to do that; if I shot myself in the foot by claiming early, well, yeah.
11. Pomegranate (replaces Plum), sent to Limbo Day 4, died in exchange for another Night 4. Rolecop: Ra
DID I MISS SOMETHING?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Parama »

Pomegranate wrote: Ability: Passive- Well... if I'm NKed, then I don't die and I'm replaced (I may choose someone to replace me, or use an alt that no one knows about. Originally I was going to replace Plum in this scenario.) Also, I win when one faction wins, or if I am alive when there are five or fewer players alive.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Sobriquet
Sobriquet
Townie
Sobriquet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Sobriquet »

I dunno,
did
you miss something? Pom regular-replaced for Plum, who was going to replace her back regularly, as Pom was acting as a temporary replacement. Then Pom was killed, so the Mod got back in touch with me and basically told me that I ought to indicate an appropriate account to bring in to replace me when the death fully resolved. So I did, and the death fully resolved, and here I am. If you mean reincarnate vs. be replaced in the case of being killed, it was wording, cause I've come to think of the process as a sort of reincarnation.

Basically. If the original player is killed, another account, intended to be an alt of the original or something similar, is brought into the game with the same role, wincon, &c.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Fate »

OH yeah, the replacement survivor.

So there's no getting rid of you?

Fuck
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Mina, don't shoot yet if you haven't done it already. It might be time to consider revealing and potentially using your other ability. I need to think about that, you should reveal what it is if you think that now is an appropriate time. In any case, I want to talk a bit more with Tarhalindur before he's gone and we're not close to any deadlines.

@Fate, Sobriquet dies if we kill her once more according to her claim. I don't see a reason to go out of our way to cause that to happen just now but we can get rid of her when we want to at this point.

@ooba, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the cult now that Tarhalindur has spoken up.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Sobriquet, I haven't gotten a response from Beholder about our quick topic either. He seems to be fairly busy at this point and hasn't picked my PM up at all.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Beholder
Beholder
Townie
Beholder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Beholder »

I'm back at about 50%. I'm moved in but my computer isn't set up yet. I'm going to be fixing that and then catching up with this game asap. For some reason I think its needed badly -.-;
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by ooba »

Mighty Orbots wrote:@ooba, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the cult now that Tarhalindur has spoken up.
- Dayvigging anybody but Tar would be a mistake
- I would discount anything else he has to say - To me, I view it as a sacrifice to set up lynches (I really don't buy any player not playing to a wincondition esp. Tar)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Mina »

Almost forgot. Ooba, I worshipped the JCA.

Faraday's "Track Infected" would be damn hard to keep under control, so if I don't use my other top-secret ability (although it's not so top secret considering Faraday already knows about it), he should go today. I'm thinking vig Tar, lynch Faraday, then redirect Katy onto FF...except that doesn't stop VV and Fate from targeting more people. Hmm.

Don't worry, MO. I haven't sent my kill in yet. (I was probably the wrong--or right, depending on how you look at it--person to end up a dayvig, because I deliberate over everything too much.) As for your suggestion...I'm considering it. If we lynch Tarhalindur today, what about:
Faraday
VasudeVa
Fate
{This slot blank} ooba would have been a good choice, but he's a self-redirector. The only other men are you, DTM, and me. And we need Katy's rolecop. It could be someone like Iecerint. He's been acting scummy today (posting lots of IIoA and going all over the place), but if the cult flavour is anti-Gods, he doesn't fit as a leader.

That said, I see one major problem. I have to attach "Zombie" to their names for it to work. And if I hit the cult leader, chances are his name doesn't even start with "Zombie." Vigging "Zombie Harry Dresden" today would be hoping he's a recruit and not a cult leader.

Katy should be redirected tonight to cult suspects like Fate or VV.

=====================
Tarhalindur, there are a few things I'd like to know.

1) Why is Nikanor unrecruitable? Are all Gods immune to the cult?

2) Were you recruited to the cult the moment the thread reopened after LMP's death? Did it happen in stages (e.g., first you lost your worship vote, then you were told you had to target someone, and finally you found out your new win condition)? In that case...sorry for killing LMP. :/

3) So let me get this straight.

Every time you target someone with a night action after being infected, it gives them the virus?

AND you have an ability (except you don't know what it does) that you have to use every night?

4) Are you saying there's a chance you'll revert to your town win condition if you die today?

Really sorry it ended like this, Tar. :(

====================
...Wait a minute.

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.

Fate.
Fate.

Come here, you little worm.

I notice you've been silent about Mighty Orbots' announcement.

Explain why you pretended to be the dayvig. And used it as a reason for why you couldn't be the cult leader, and tried to get VV to protect you.

Also, claim your actions on Nights 1, 2, and 4.

The SECOND reason I wanted you to claim them was to catch you in your own web of lies. Rule 16 means you can't dayvig someone AND focus on the same night, genius. (
Now
who gets the scummy? :roll:)

Now that you know that I can kill you at any second, are you feeling slightly more talkative?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Mina, I still suspect that we only have one Zombie at a time so I hope that the names wouldn't be an issue. I'm also not fully convinced that gods can't be recruited just yet.

I've been thinking about the spots. I might put Iecerint on the list but I'd want to think some.

I'd like to hear what Faraday has to say about his ability name before making any decisions though and he's V/LA so it could take a bit of time. As Tarhalindur talks more I'm more inclined to agree with ooba about how much we should believe what he's said recently. I do think that he's probably mostly trustworthy up till last night though (possibly until LynchMePls got killed.)

@Nikanor, have you received an item from Tarhalindur at this point? Beholder is probably getting to those sorts of actions so I imagine that you'll get it soon if he's sent it. I'm not sure what his ASAP meant.

@everyone who hasn't guessed a lottery item yet, please do so now. We want to get that resolved sooner rather than later. Tarhalindur, I want you to pick Ring as that's a duplicate and it will ensure that you don't get an item.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Iecerint »

The CL probably doesn't cult whoever he targets. If that were the case, we'd presumably have gillions of cult already. This is @ Mina's speculation about Faraday being hard to control.

My play today has not been IIOA. It has occasionally (frequently) been /fail at "look before you leap," but I don't know where you're getting IIOA.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Iec wrote:gillions
Millions of gallons?

Also I have received nothing. I'll let you guys know if I lose my worship votes when Tar dies.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Sobriquet
Sobriquet
Townie
Sobriquet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Sobriquet »

@MO - Mod says that he needs to check his notes. Apparently he thinks I don't get the quicktopic back but he also thinks he (accidentally) told me that I would in this situation. Hopefully he sent you something too; I don't know. I'll keep you posted.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mina wrote:Almost forgot. Ooba, I worshipped the JCA.

Faraday's "Track Infected" would be damn hard to keep under control, so if I don't use my other top-secret ability (although it's not so top secret considering Faraday already knows about it), he should go today. I'm thinking vig Tar, lynch Faraday, then redirect Katy onto FF...except that doesn't stop VV and Fate from targeting more people. Hmm.

Don't worry, MO. I haven't sent my kill in yet. (I was probably the wrong--or right, depending on how you look at it--person to end up a dayvig, because I deliberate over everything too much.) As for your suggestion...I'm considering it. If we lynch Tarhalindur today, what about:
Faraday
VasudeVa
Fate
{This slot blank} ooba would have been a good choice, but he's a self-redirector. The only other men are you, DTM, and me. And we need Katy's rolecop. It could be someone like Iecerint. He's been acting scummy today (posting lots of IIoA and going all over the place), but if the cult flavour is anti-Gods, he doesn't fit as a leader.

That said, I see one major problem. I have to attach "Zombie" to their names for it to work. And if I hit the cult leader, chances are his name doesn't even start with "Zombie." Vigging "Zombie Harry Dresden" today would be hoping he's a recruit and not a cult leader.

Katy should be redirected tonight to cult suspects like Fate or VV.

=====================
Tarhalindur, there are a few things I'd like to know.

1) Why is Nikanor unrecruitable? Are all Gods immune to the cult?

2) Were you recruited to the cult the moment the thread reopened after LMP's death? Did it happen in stages (e.g., first you lost your worship vote, then you were told you had to target someone, and finally you found out your new win condition)? In that case...sorry for killing LMP. :/

3) So let me get this straight.

Every time you target someone with a night action after being infected, it gives them the virus?

AND you have an ability (except you don't know what it does) that you have to use every night?

4) Are you saying there's a chance you'll revert to your town win condition if you die today?

Really sorry it ended like this, Tar. :(

====================
...Wait a minute.

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.

Fate.
Fate.

Come here, you little worm.

I notice you've been silent about Mighty Orbots' announcement.

Explain why you pretended to be the dayvig. And used it as a reason for why you couldn't be the cult leader, and tried to get VV to protect you.

Also, claim your actions on Nights 1, 2, and 4.

The SECOND reason I wanted you to claim them was to catch you in your own web of lies. Rule 16 means you can't dayvig someone AND focus on the same night, genius. (
Now
who gets the scummy? :roll:)

Now that you know that I can kill you at any second, are you feeling slightly more talkative?
1) I REALLY doubt our cult leader is a zombie him- or herself. I don't think cult leader has much say over the cult other than summoning the first zombie (and probably knowing the win condition). All recruits get Zombie added to the front of their role name.

2) I can't really paraphrase the cult flavor properly, but it suggests that the speculation about an atheist cult leader is correct. (Note that Harry Dresden fits the bill nearly as well as Cavil does.)

If the cult win condition is kill all gods, I don't see how recruiting gods fits into that. However... I don't actually know the cult win condition. I could be wrong. (Best candidates for a converted deity at this point are Katy and Albatross imo.)

3) Yeah, pretty much.

Bigger problem is that unless there's a limiting factor, the pool of infected players theoretically expands EXPONENTIALLY, regardless of who actually gets converted. (If item abilities can/could infect, it would be a hell of a lot worse.

4) The recruiting process started immediately after LMP's death (also immediately after receiving my Dowsing Pendulum). I'm not sure if I regain my win con upon death, but if I don't I'm completely screwed and might as well ask to be modkilled. (Godsdammit, I could taste the town victory when I got the first signs of being converted - don't think I'm ever again going to put a full-recruiting role in a Tar game that doesn't also replace the player slot, not after this. I was seeing a potential Scummy in my future unless Orbots got it first.)

Quick reminder - Faraday HAS to die today. Period. I don't see any reason that ability should exist on town when infection appears to be exclusively a cult mechanic, let alone when I'm pretty sure cult leader has no direct means of control over the cult.

Wait, am I supposed to pass item to Nikanor? I'm a bit behind - if we've decided that Nikanor gets the pendulum, I'll send it when I get access again later today.

Lottery: Ring
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

Do either Harry Dresden or Cavil have anything to do with zombies?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Faraday »

househunting's going shit so I have an hour or 2 on a computer let me read up. i''ve got interesting stuff to reveal I think.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Faraday »

Welp, I actually tracked Tar last night and he's actually partially telling the truth. He did in fact target Nikanor, but the other person he targeted was Iecrint. Care to explain why you're lying? lolgame.

I didn't see the point in tracking fate and given the new info MO revealed in the qt about tar having to target someone i decided that was a better way to use my abillities. plus the whole 'town but feel like i'm turning' is bs.
Dowse result on Faraday says that his track ability is named Track Infected. Draw your own conclusions about him and VasudeVa
holy shit it's almost like..you're scum or something who's lying and still playing to his win con.

if anyone honestly believes this bollox about not playing to his win condition feel free to contact me, I've a bridge to sell you. i'll do you a good deal.

I'll be honest i'm rather bemused by this whole thing, tar needs to die, and die today anyway so the only thing the lie is doing is saving his buddies for a little bit. Preferrably we'd vig tar and lynch nikanor/iec.

Oh and in case it wasn't clear my abillit isn't called track infected. I'm a regular tracker. Not a zombie cult leader tracker.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Faraday »

Lottery Sorting Hat
who knows
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Faraday »

Mina wrote:Tar...

Tar

And
Faraday

:(

That makes me so sad.
don't be sad tar's a filthy liar!!!!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:54 am

Post by Faraday »

Oh and for fuck sake if you do happen to daykill me (protip: don't) let me pass my item to someone first.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

The Dowsing item was Katy's right? I remember her not wanting to give the item to anyone other than Tar. What was the chronology there?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Faraday »

katy's p much already claimed mafia so while it's possible she's some form of recruit (on the basis of maybe only ds being cult immune)i don't see a valid link there.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 am

Post by ooba »

Tar needs to die ..

MO, I really wouldn't believe anything he's said after night 2 - Still have to analyze motives as to why he claimed yesterday .. I think its a tad bit bastard for a wincon to change after sometime (i.e I get worship stripped and declare it to the town and then get the cult

Mina, you really have to specify what you think I am - Mafia or cult ..
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

As of just now I've had my quick topic with Plum re-opened. I now have no reason to doubt that Sobriquet is Plum returned as a survivor at this time.

Mina's other ability is a quad-roleblock. She can block up to four players if she knows their names. We might want to use that tomorrow (and DTMaster should protect her again tonight) but at this point I fell pretty comfortable thinking that we want to kill Tarhalindur with her day vig today. I'm revealing this now to make sure that it's out there in case I can't help figure out tomorrow for whatever reason (up to and including a need to lynch VasudeVa today which should kill me.)

@Tarhalindur, don't give your item to Nikanor at this time. I wanted to confirm that you hadn't yet and I want the lottery to finish before you give it to anyone.

I believe that I have a plan for the next couple days based on what we've now been told but I want to finish the lottery up and get the item moved from Tarhalindur before we do anything else as the first step will be to have Mina shoot him.

The following people have made their choices for the lottery:

2. Faraday: Sorting Hat
7. Fate
8. ooba: Mask
9. Mighty Orbots: Ring
10. Parama: Mirror
12. totallynotmafia
14. VasudeVa
17. Nikanor: Weapon
18. Mina
20. Katy
21. Tarhalindur: Ring
23. Albatross
26. Iecerint: Mistletoe
28. DTMaster: Snowboard
29. Sobriquet

@Parama, do your lottery choice again in red just to make sure it's counted.

@Katy, you can guess anything you want for your item but if you win the lottery then the item won't be bonded with you as you're already bonded to one item. I'll expect you to pass it to someone of the town's choice who it will bond with.

@Fate, totallynotmafia, VasudeVa, Mina, Albatross and Sorbiquet, your next post should include a lottery selection. If you don't want to bother thinking about it you can pick Ring which will make sure the item doesn't go to you. totallynotmafia and Albatross probably can't be bonded to items so we'd want them to pass it to someone else if they won it (after verifying what it was) and I would like them to make guesses. The other four can use their judgment but they should make choices with their next post.

I fully expect whoever gets the item to share it's powers when they receive it.

@ooba, there's a definite change in Tarhalindur's play between the start of Day 5 and now. I'm fairly sure that he didn't become aware of the Zombie status until then. We can talk about it more after the lottery though. Albert B. Rampage's Census result does make it clear that we shouldn't be listening to him now though so I agree that we can't believe anything he's saying at this point.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”