Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Edit, on point two I am mostly speaking about post (#221) and your general play.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Ah =/ again on point two I meant "considering in Nexus is scum"
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Xite91 »

2) I DON'T think he is scum, that's what I said isn't it? I don't see the slip. Yes, he may be scum, but you're looking much scummier
3) Because IMO noob scum tells are different
4) No, I was happy it seems to have worked.
5) Uhm, what? Generalities as in, generally, noobtown do this, and noobscum do this. They generally have a very specific way of acting
6) Not both of them yet, but I'm pretty sure I've got one. and here's a hint, I'm voting for him
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Xite wrote:2) I DON'T think he is scum, that's what I said isn't it? I don't see the slip. Yes, he may be scum, but you're looking much scummier
2. Really, go back and quote a post you made where honestly thought Nexus was scummy or scum. Do it. Every single "honest" post you made was saying Nexus is town, no ifs or maybes, he's just town.

You posted your case on post (#87) but you started your gambit (#67). You started off attacking Nexus to make others believe you thought he was scum, because this is an act this means you did not believe he was scum. Nexus only had three posts before you started your gambit.
Nexus wrote:Vote: LoudmouthLee

For having rust.

I expected that, PranaDevil.
Nexus wrote:I also assumed that the first round of votes were random-that's what I was taught in the newbie game. Hence me posting purely because you were rusty.
Nexus wrote:I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with iamusername.

CA, I find it very odd you switched your vote from Lee, which had three people on it, to another person. That's just prolonging the RVS, especially because your reasoning's been sketchy.

Plus, your bandwagons aren't achieving anything but put you under suspicion. So, FoS:ConfidAnon

In other news, I nostalgia'd at your avatar.
Post (#221) you start off your explanation with Nexus is noob. You also have an extreme belief he is town.
Xite wrote:4) I have this knack for making believable cases when I don't even believe in them, I guess, because a few people followed it, but the way they did it seemed town enough, so I kept up the charade, hoping more people would jump on.
Charade... This means your very early posts were not investigations, you did not investigate him because you knew he was town. That is why you used him in order to see how people would react. Meaning you figured out he was town in only 3 posts. If you truly were investigating Nexus in order to see if he might have been scum you would have mentioned it. A simply
"Ah well I started off my gambit using Nexus, I didn't really know what he was but I figured he would be a good tool to use in order or draw out scum or his reactions might even tell me he was scum."
would have made more sense. Why didn't you say that, because you were not interested in Nexus's role, only the reactions of others. No as scum you thought the best thing you could do is influence others to attack Nexus then frame them because obviously Nexus was so town.
Xite wrote:3) Because IMO noob scum tells are different
5) Uhm, what? Generalities as in, generally, noobtown do this, and noobscum do this. They generally have a very specific way of acting
6) Not both of them yet, but I'm pretty sure I've got one. and here's a hint, I'm voting for him
3. Find every noob tell that Nexus has that you claim is different from a scum tell and give me one or more examples to prove or support it.

5. alright then.

6. "Shrugs" If you're town this is really silly. I believe you suspect me because I was asking Nexus questions in an agressive way correct?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Llamafluff
-4- dalt54321, ConfidAnon, PranaDevil, Nexus
Nexus
-3- LoudmouthLee, Lateralus22, Leech
dalt54321
-2- Saga, havingfitz
ConfidAnon
-1- iamausername
PranaDevil
-1- Llamafluff
Lateralus22
-1- Xite91

Not Voting:
No one

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Back from v/LA…catching up a bit from before v/LA ...

Not feeling the Nexus suspicion yet. The only post att that I feel uneasy about … which someone has already pointed out…is [in bold]:
Nexus wrote:LmL, that's because
my vote's still there to see how you reacted. Also I sort of forgot I hadn't unvoted.
You say it's not OMGUS but to me it still slightly smells of it, so now I'm keeping it where it is and waiting to see your long post.
That’s all iirc though so not enough to lynch IMO.

Post 124 – LML likes the Nexus vote and would support a dalt lynch tomorrow. Not sure I like lining up lynches.
iamausername wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
VOTE: dalt54321
for trying to come across so helpless, ex.
"so i really don't know whats going on yet,"
lying about this being his/her first game (http://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewto ... 2#p1196368)
Man, I click on this link expecting it to be some innocent newbie game that I've never seen before, and instead I get...
that
game. I feel like I've been goatsed.

In dalt's defence, he posted twice in that game before being replaced, so it doesn't seem particularly unreasonable for him to discount it. Which is not to say that he hasn't been playing up the "I'm so clueless" angle, just that I wouldn't say he has been outright lying in doing so.
A few people are focusing on his number of posts. He said this was the first he’s played on this site. With a join time of 2008, his comment on the days being 28 RL days long, and voting improperly, I was suspicious enough to do a search on him. It did not matter to me how much he had posted. I did not see that he had replaced out as iirc someone mentioned. All that mattered to me was that he had played (i.e. lied in this game) and he knew how to vote properly…as displayed by his previous game and by the fact he alluded to the voting rules in his first post in this game. Now he is lurking as well. Rather than other’s coming to his defense…perhaps he should rather than just giving us this:
dalt54321 wrote:i'm here. and really dont know what to think. the days are so long.
PranaDevil wrote:Dalt is still suspect, I'll give him a pass on the fact it wasn't a full game he played before as he replaced out. However an activity post and nothing more is always suspect from where I sit. I want to hear Dalt's comments on everything that's gone on, most noteably everything regarding him.

However, by default that means havingfitz shoots up my suspect list. I'll admit to not actively checking the game Dalt was in until it was pointed out, because I honestly didn't think someone would stretch so far as to link to a game someone replaced out of in short order, and while it still supports Dalt knowing how to vote. I think it makes HF look scummy to be trying to portray Dalt as a liar.
How am I trying to portray him as anything? A fact is a fact. People can make excuses for dalt’s post in this game compared to his past but I have stated nothing but the truth. In post 100 you were suspicious of him as well after I made my points on him. So how am I now shooting up your list of suspects?
Xite91 wrote:I would be insulting you greatly if I didn't think that the mod would give me shit for it.

Thanks for sparing me. :roll:
ConfidAnon wrote:
havingfitz wrote:the direct question/challenge to CA which he never follows up on despite CA basically ignoring (as far as I can see) the post/question/challenge by Korashk.
1) Huh? Where was this?
havingfitz wrote:He has played here before despite stating he hasn't. He commented on the rules for voting...displayed his ability to vote properly in his previous (un-acknowledged) game...and yet can't vote right here. He is just coming off as a poor little lamb lost in the woods to me and I am not buying it. Obviously your interpretation of lying is different than mine.
2) Utterly rediculous. As someone else pointed out, the other game had minimal involvement from him before he replaced out. How about this explanation? He forgot how to vote since that game he barely participated in. Not everything is an epic scum plot designed to deceive us.
1) In his vote on you he challenged you to prove you were town.
2) How about you let him explain. Nothing is ridiculous about my suspicions towards dalt. What is is the blatant dismissal some people are giving his lie and helpless play.
Lateralus22 wrote:
havingfitz wrote:I'm still fine with my dalt54321 vote. Number two on my list atm is Korashk for his RV on CA using the random # generator coupled with the direct question/challenge to CA which he never follows up on despite CA basically ignoring (as far as I can see) the post/question/challenge by Korashk. As if Korashk is trying to justify his RV w/o the typical lame reasons and posting other content which he doesn't really care about.

Also...I may get a chance to post again today, but I will be v/LA tomorrow through Tuesday evening.
1) Challenge...?

2) Concerning the dalt lying situation why did you ommit the fact that the game was,

1. 2 years ago.
2. he had 2 very small posts.

3) Why?
havingfitz wrote:He is just coming off as a poor little lamb lost in the woods to me and I am not buying it. Obviously your interpretation of lying is different than mine.
4) Oddly enough his "little loss lamb" behavior as you call it is contradicting to his "I play mafia all the time (#10)" and "for not yet knowing that i'm really good at this game. (#36)" statements he made. I don't really know what to think of this.
1) In his vote on CA. See my comment to CA above.
2) Never entered my mind. As neither of your parameters seem relevant to the fact he had lied and displayed the fundamental knowledge of how to vote I don’t think it matters now that you have brought them up..
3) See ^
4) So you’re ok with a lie because it’s old and from a small sample…but you are ok with the apparent contradiction between his playing experience and his play in this game? Ohhhhhhhhh kay.
LoudmouthLee wrote:@CA: I think we're on the same Dalt page. I'm actually feeling like a HF lynch would be almost better than a Dalt lynch. Has HF been on any wagons at all?
In post 124 you were ready to lynch dalt tomorrow. What has changed to make your opinion towards dalt change and what reasons have you liking my lynch more? You’re moving up my list with this type of nonsense. I have had two votes out…a RV and the one on dalt (a wagon of 2). There are others with equal bandwagon activity. What is your point?
Leech wrote:He posted two contentless posts in a game two years ago and vanished. For one, he might not even remember he was in that game in the first place with such a limited duration. Also, even if he did remember that game, I could definitely see why he'd lie about it regardless of his alignment. "Hey guys, i played one game here two years ago, then flaked on it extremely early on." is not the best way to make the rest of the players in the game comfortable with your commitment to the game. If you are going to play the mind-reader game and assume that he intentionally lied about the matter, then you might want to take into consideration reasons why he'd lie in the first place.
Rather than make excuses for dalt and ask me to try and consider why dalt would lie…why don’t we let him answer for himself….though several posters have given him enough to build an excuse from. As for not wanting to appear like a flake to your fellow players…it did not seem to bother Laterus when he joined in (Lat ISO 1).

If dalt doesn’t get any traction soon I will switch to Korashk. Llamafluff if a good player who can probably sweet talk out of korashk's bad play…but in terms of D1 suspicions I think that player slot would be a good lynch. I also don’t care for llama’s entry comment regarding a no-lynch on D1. 2 vs 9 might improve odds of hitting scum…but not by much. And by that logic wouldn't 2v8 or 2v7 etc be even better? I’d rather try for scum D1 and if we are not successful…then we can work from the better odds you bring up that a smaller scum to town ratio would give us.

Also...WTF saga? Get in the game. dalt too.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

havingfitz wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:Dalt is still suspect, I'll give him a pass on the fact it wasn't a full game he played before as he replaced out. However an activity post and nothing more is always suspect from where I sit. I want to hear Dalt's comments on everything that's gone on, most noteably everything regarding him.

However, by default that means havingfitz shoots up my suspect list. I'll admit to not actively checking the game Dalt was in until it was pointed out, because I honestly didn't think someone would stretch so far as to link to a game someone replaced out of in short order, and while it still supports Dalt knowing how to vote. I think it makes HF look scummy to be trying to portray Dalt as a liar.
How am I trying to portray him as anything? A fact is a fact. People can make excuses for dalt’s post in this game compared to his past but I have stated nothing but the truth. In post 100 you were suspicious of him as well after I made my points on him. So how am I now shooting up your list of suspects?
Right, where do I begin?

I initially took your word at it's face value, I assumed if you'd gone to the trouble to look at Dalt's history you would have done so in depth, I saw no reason to check your reasoning. I've since realized to never do that and to always, always check. Reason being the following:

It's been revealed that Dalt replaced out very quickly, this means he may not remember so much about how things are done here.

It's also been proven that the game was, if I remember it rightly (it's 12:30am, and I'm not going to check), TWO years ago. That's a long time to be remembering something you barely looked at.

Despite evidence pointing this out, you have still decided to pursue Dalt, something I really don't like. Dalt may be somewhat scummy for his disappearing act, especially as he HAS said he plays elsewhere, which means he must enjoy Mafia. But that doesn't change that everything else isn't that scummy, he may have forgotten he had signed up, or just deliberately chosen not to mention that game as he felt we'd react badly. Which is a fair point. (If he was here, I'd let him answer, he's not, so I'm going to have to think of possible reasons that prove you shouldn't just assume someone is lying) Why did he not know how to vote? Perhaps where he plays they don't type vote in bold letters, perhaps they just bold the name of the player they're voting for? You are assuming every site plays the same as this one and they don't.

So basically, your arguments don't hold water, and thus they are invalid, the fact you continue pushing them despite people pointing this out makes you scummy, and look desperate to try and convince people you are right.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:2. Really, go back and quote a post you made where honestly thought Nexus was scummy or scum. Do it. Every single "honest" post you made was saying Nexus is town, no ifs or maybes, he's just town.

a) You posted your case on post (#87) but you started your gambit (#67). You started off attacking Nexus to make others believe you thought he was scum, because this is an act this means you did not believe he was scum. Nexus only had three posts before you started your gambit.

Post (#221) you start off your explanation with Nexus is noob. You also have an extreme belief he is town.
Xite wrote:4) I have this knack for making believable cases when I don't even believe in them, I guess, because a few people followed it, but the way they did it seemed town enough, so I kept up the charade, hoping more people would jump on.
b) Charade... This means your very early posts were not investigations, you did not investigate him because you knew he was town. That is why you used him in order to see how people would react. Meaning you figured out he was town in only 3 posts. If you truly were investigating Nexus in order to see if he might have been scum you would have mentioned it. A simply
"Ah well I started off my gambit using Nexus, I didn't really know what he was but I figured he would be a good tool to use in order or draw out scum or his reactions might even tell me he was scum."
would have made more sense. Why didn't you say that, because you were not interested in Nexus's role, only the reactions of others. No as scum you thought the best thing you could do is influence others to attack Nexus then frame them because obviously Nexus was so town.
Xite wrote:3) Because IMO noob scum tells are different
3. Find every noob tell that Nexus has that you claim is different from a scum tell and give me one or more examples to prove or support it.

5. alright then.

6. "Shrugs" If you're town this is really silly. I believe you suspect me because I was asking Nexus questions in an agressive way correct?
2) Why the hell would I need to do that? It's the opposite from what I'm saying, so why would it be important? Just wonderin
a) Aaaaaaaand?
b) At that point I was thoroughly convinced he was town, that's why it was a charade. Did you ever stop to think that I was seeing others' reactions not only to see if they were scum, but who was buddying/distancing?
3) F*** That. Why don't you just ISO him and see for yourself?
6) Discrediting me again? Hmm
Also, it wasn't just because it was aggressive (hell I get aggressive) It was in the way that you attacked him in a way that seemed less like you believed in it and more like you were just trying to cast more suspicion on an innocent townie
havingfitz wrote: A few people are focusing on his number of posts. He said this was the first he’s played on this site.
With a join time of 2008, his comment on the days being 28 RL days long,
and voting improperly, I was suspicious enough to do a search on him. It did not matter to me how much he had posted. I did not see that he had replaced out as iirc someone mentioned. All that mattered to me was that he had played (i.e. lied in this game) and he knew how to vote properly…as displayed by his previous game and by the fact he alluded to the voting rules in his first post in this game. Now he is lurking as well. Rather than other’s coming to his defense…perhaps he should rather than just giving us this:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say that AFTER you did your little check-up on him?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

I know I said I wanted to let Dalt explain why he made the voting mistake but I don't think he'll keep posting.
havingfitz wrote:All that mattered to me was that he had played (i.e. lied in this game) and he knew how to vote properly…as displayed by his previous game and by the fact he alluded to the voting rules in his first post in this game. Now he is lurking as well. Rather than other’s coming to his defense…perhaps he should rather than just giving us this:
1. If you're going by the facts he did lie. Now start looking in shades of grey and try to see if he knew he actually remembered the game. It was two years ago.
2. He voted the way PranaDevil told him too.
dalt54321 wrote:Hey so i really don't know whats going on yet. I play mafia all the time, but this is the first on this site, could someone give me a quick rundown of the basics? ive read the wiki and stuff,
but i see like you have to vote with colons and stuff.

also the first day is 28 days?
PranaDevil wrote:I'm just used to voting like this,
I think you can vote pretty much however you want as long as it's bolded
(though each game is run based on the mod's rules).
dalt54321 wrote:
saga

just cause he voted me. now this place plays mafia alot different than i do, so please dont jump on me, i have to adjust.
Notice how the vote is bolded?
havingfitz wrote:4) So you’re ok with a lie because it’s old and from a small sample…but you are ok with the apparent contradiction between his playing experience and his play in this game? Ohhhhhhhhh kay.

Hey, please don't put words in my mouth. If you look at what you quoted I said "I don't really know what to think of this.".

I'll probably respond to Xite later today or tomorrow.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Note about Dalt: Look at your keyboard, notice how the #2 is right next to the #1? Could it be that someone without perfect grammar and very carefully typed out posts made a typo?!
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:I'll probably respond to Xite later today or tomorrow.
I lol'd a little
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Lat, I actually never thought he would take my view quite so literally if that's what happened. I think he meant that we had to add the : between vote and the player we were voting for, mainly because I've always had to put vote first. So if he thought I meant "just bold the name and that's it" he took me at my wording a bit too literally. Though it does stand out further and make HF scummier.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by havingfitz »

PranaDevil wrote:I initially took your word at it's face value, I assumed if you'd gone to the trouble to look at Dalt's history you would have done so in depth, I saw no reason to check your reasoning. I've since realized to never do that and to always, always check. Reason being the following:

It's been revealed that Dalt replaced out very quickly, this means he may not remember so much about how things are done here.

It's also been proven that the game was, if I remember it rightly (it's 12:30am, and I'm not going to check), TWO years ago. That's a long time to be remembering something you barely looked at.

Despite evidence pointing this out, you have still decided to pursue Dalt, something I really don't like. Dalt may be somewhat scummy for his disappearing act, especially as he HAS said he plays elsewhere, which means he must enjoy Mafia. But that doesn't change that everything else isn't that scummy, he may have forgotten he had signed up, or just deliberately chosen not to mention that game as he felt we'd react badly. Which is a fair point. (If he was here, I'd let him answer, he's not, so I'm going to have to think of possible reasons that prove you shouldn't just assume someone is lying) Why did he not know how to vote? Perhaps where he plays they don't type vote in bold letters, perhaps they just bold the name of the player they're voting for? You are assuming every site plays the same as this one and they don't.

So basically, your arguments don't hold water, and thus they are invalid, the fact you continue pushing them despite people pointing this out makes you scummy, and look desperate to try and convince people you are right.
My arguments don't hold water? They're %^&! facts. How can they be invalid? Prove a single one of my points wrong. It's amazing to me that people continue to come up with explanations for him to dilute the indisputable facts I have provided. Would I bet the farm he is scum? No. Does his lie and play in this game warrant more suspicion that he is receiving? Hell yes. Unbelievable. And how could he have forgotten he signed up when he obviously didn't have a problem remembering the username and password?
Xite91 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say that AFTER you did your little check-up on him?
You would be wrong.
Lateralus22 wrote:1. If you're going by the facts he did lie. Now start looking in shades of grey and try to see if he knew he actually remembered the game. It was two years ago.
2. He voted the way PranaDevil told him too.
1) Seriously? OK...Yes. I am going by the facts. What do you like to use? And no...I see this as cut and dry so I am not interested in shades of gray.
2) Did he read Prana's post? Did he ignore the other 12 votes already cast? Feel free to answer for him.
Lateralus22 wrote:Notice how the vote is bolded?
Notice how both his votes in his previous game were votes that would have been acceptable in this game? Notice how his
saga
vote was the 13th vote cast in this game? Iirc...all the previous 12 were done correctly. He knew what the proper format was.
Lateralus22 wrote:
havingfitz wrote:4) So you’re ok with a lie because it’s old and from a small sample…but you are ok with the apparent contradiction between his playing experience and his play in this game? Ohhhhhhhhh kay.

Hey, please don't put words in my mouth. If you look at what you quoted I said "I don't really know what to think of this.".
EBWOP....the last piece should have read "but you are
not
ok with the apparent contradiction between his playing experience and his play in this game? "

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

They're invalid because you are looking at them in a black and white "he's lying or not" position. You're ignoring (deliberately or otherwise) the huge shades of grey in between.

I'm not saying he wasn't lying, but I'm pointing out that to say he 100% definitely was it ridiculous.

Also, how do you know he remembered his password? I use this name on a couple of other forums so if I went back to one I'd previously signed up to, but used a different password I'd have to e-mail to get it resent to me. Or perhaps he uses the same password for everything? These are the shades of grey I'm talking about.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by havingfitz »

OK...you admit he lied. You don't think he was 100% lying (shaking my head). What % would you assign to his lie and what % of a lie do you find objectionable?

I did not think of the password email reset possibility but whether he uses the same one all the time or had a new one sent to him, that doesn't take away the fact he at least recalled he had an existing account...which negates the comment you made about him forgetting he had signed up. The fact he had an existing account would indicate to most people that they had participated in activities here which goes against what he said in his first post (that lie thing again).

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:23 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Hey guys, I would like to call to your attention that Korashk posted just yesterday in his other game.

Can we get some votes on him?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:41 am

Post by PranaDevil »

havingfitz wrote:OK...you admit he lied. You don't think he was 100% lying (shaking my head). What % would you assign to his lie and what % of a lie do you find objectionable?
Buggered if I know in regards to percentages, I have no clue if he deliberately lied or not, I'm just pointing out to claim he deliberately lied is to paint him scummy for your own ends, and to not actually consider all possibilities, which we, as town, should be doing.
I did not think of the password email reset possibility but whether he uses the same one all the time or had a new one sent to him, that doesn't take away the fact he at least recalled he had an existing account...which negates the comment you made about him forgetting he had signed up. The fact he had an existing account would indicate to most people that they had participated in activities here which goes against what he said in his first post (that lie thing again).
Okay, now assume he uses the same username on every forum he goes on, and forgets he's signed up here before, and goes to create an account and is told the username already exists...

See where I'm coming from here? His next action is "Oh, have I already signed up here before? I wonder..." tada.

It's called seeing things from all angles, sure, there's a chance he's lying. But considering it's a huge 2 year gap there's much more chance of him not lying and your blatant refusal to see anything beyond that lie makes you scummy, but not as scummy as...
ConfidAnon wrote:Hey guys, I would like to call to your attention that Korashk posted just yesterday in his other game.

Can we get some votes on him?
You mean the guy who replaced out and is no longer playing this game? Vote switch time.

unvote; vote: CA

At least pretend to pay attention to what's going on.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Alas poor dalty for surely a noob he was
How unfortunate for he
who did not know how a vote to be made was!
His confusion was no illusion
For what was he to do, one had voted one way while one had another!
Was it to be "Random vote"
or was he commanded to only say "vote" the poor lad had wondered
But do not fear, for there was help near!
He sought for advice, from the wise sage of age
Who had kindly replied "Ye who must be told be bold!"
Satisfied was he, who got the message muddled
He had voted the way, just as was told!

But that was not the end of this young boy's story
For this was not the first time he was in such a strange land
And as such he was accused by Sir. Fitz for being part of the tory!
What was one to do, he silently wondered.
While the others just muttered, perhaps ye forgot, perhaps ye scum?
What was poor Dalt to do other than to sit on his bum?
havingfitz wrote:1) Seriously? OK...Yes. I am going by the facts. What do you like to use? And no...I see this as cut and dry so I am not interested in shades of gray.
2) Did he read Prana's post? Did he ignore the other 12 votes already cast? Feel free to answer for him.
1. You're ONLY looking at the facts and trying to ignore the finer details while only looking at a scummy point of view on him.

2. Yes did you, should I go in depth about a post that shouldn't even be that important?

"I'm just used to voting like this"

Prana did not say what "this was" leaving Dalt to be confused, I know I didn't know what he was speaking about when he said "this".

"think you can vote pretty much however you want as long as it's bolded"

Here's the answer to why Dalt voted the way he did.

"though each game is run based on the mod's rules)."

It is stated how to vote in the rules. 2 things most likely caused Dalt to ask how to vote

1. He did not understand what the rules said.
2. He saw that LmL posted differently from what was in the rules.
PranaDevil wrote:Vote: Nexus
LmL wrote:For it being the first time you get to play against me.
[quote="LmL"Random Vote: PranaDevil for first-posting.

First game in over 2 or 3 years. Let's see how long it takes to shake off the rust.
havingfitz wrote:Notice how both his votes in his previous game were votes that would have been acceptable in this game? Notice how his saga vote was the 13th vote cast in this game? Iirc...all the previous 12 were done correctly. He knew what the proper format was.
DUDE, you
lied
about LmL voting right man, so is it time to lynch all liars?

The being in a game two years ago is starting to look like wifom.

Expect a response to Xite later today with a summary on my posts with Nexus and clarifying my thoughts on both of them.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Ugh the quotes got messed up. Just look at posts #3 and #4 to look at them correctly.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:59 am

Post by iamausername »

havingfitz, if you are so sure that dalt was straight up lying in a deliberate attempt to trick us into thinking he was a total newb so we'd go easy on him... why would he tell us that he's played a bunch of games on some other site? You think he deliberately tried to conceal the fact that he joined a game on this site, made a random vote and then flaked, but then decided to be completely open about the fact that he has played a lot of games elsewhere, presumably to completion? Don't you think that would be a really fucking stupid thing to do?

Also:
Unvote, Vote: Lateralus

That "You think Nexus is town? OMG scumslip!!" nonsense has pushed him over the edge, I think.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

@Prana…make all the excuses you want for dalt’s comments. Rationalize his play/comments until you feel comfortable ignoring them completely. I have my suspicions towards him because he lied (which is indisputable) and the inexperienced persona he has projected in this game despite playing mafia “all the time.” That experience doesn’t even get us an opinion from him. Once he eventually gets replaced out perhaps his replacement will make amends.

@Lat…did your last post have a purpose or were you just posting fluff to express the inner poet in you? :roll:

As for your comments about me lying….that is complete crap. First…I prefaced my comment about the pre-dalt votes with an iirc so if I missed one…meh, the eleven other votes all get my point across equally well; secondly, whose to say the LML vote you mention was not valid? It contained all the required formatting. So please get serious…unless you plan on making this another of your replace out games. And feel free to take onboard any of my comments to Prana that apply to your defense of dalt.

@iam…I haven’t tried to rationalize his reasons for lying. The fact his lie and play has garnered a good bit of discussion, and he has posted (albeit once) without any explanation since he was called out adds to my suspicion toward him. I see more benefit to his actions if he is scum than if he is town. I do not buy Prana’s continued explanation on dalt’s behalf that he forgot about this site (considering the fact he is here again and is using a 2 yr old username.). Serious question...what non-$%^&* stupid idea would you create on dalt’s behalf that makes his lie/play acceptable?

That said…as Korashfluff is my second option…if CA can actually provide a link or quote to what it is he is talking about that would be helpful.

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:24 am

Post by PranaDevil »

HF, it can be disputed, as I'm not the only one disputing that he's not actually lying.

There is a huge difference between not being sure/being forgetful, and outright lying.

Things aren't set black and white, you are deliberately ignoring the fact there are other potential factors, everyone is pointing this out, and you're sitting there with your fingers in your ears ignoring everything people are saying, convinced you are right.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

PranaDevil wrote:HF, it can be disputed, as I'm not the only one disputing that he's not actually lying.

There is a huge difference between not being sure/being forgetful, and outright lying.

Things aren't set black and white, you are deliberately ignoring the fact there are other potential factors, everyone is pointing this out, and you're sitting there with your fingers in your ears ignoring everything people are saying, convinced you are right.
There's a huge difference between fact and hypothesis (aka making shit up). The fact is...he lied. Only he knows the circumstances. Though if he is scum you have all provided him plenty to work with. I'm not ignoring anything because dalt hasn't given me any reason/s for his posts/actions. Until he (not you, the poet, or anyone else) explains himself he will sit high on my list. Barring of course someone making what I would assess to be even scummier posts/actions.

Questions for you (or whoever):

Did dalt lie? Not looking for rationalization...just a yes or no answer.
Could dalt have completely forgotten the fact he had played on the site before? This would require him not remembering he had an account (which he is using) and a password (which he either remebered or had reset).
If dalt did recall that he had an account and therefore had probably done something on the site before (and what do we do on this site?????)...then what non-lie reason could he have for claiming this as the first time he had played here?

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:52 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Did dalt lie? Not looking for rationalization...just a yes or no answer.
Not a clue, like I say, shades of grey, stop looking at this as a black and white situation for a change
Could dalt have completely forgotten the fact he had played on the site before? This would require him not remembering he had an account (which he is using) and a password (which he either remebered or had reset).
Yes, did you ignore my point about some people use the same name on all forums they are on?
But as you seem insistant on outright ignoring that point, I'll quote it here:
PranaDevil wrote: Okay, now assume he uses the same username on every forum he goes on, and forgets he's signed up here before, and goes to create an account and is told the username already exists...

See where I'm coming from here? His next action is "Oh, have I already signed up here before? I wonder..." tada.
If dalt did recall that he had an account and therefore had probably done something on the site before (and what do we do on this site?????)...then what non-lie reason could he have for claiming this as the first time he had played here?
You mean apart from the fact that (as someone else brought up) he didn't want us to believe he was a flake right from the offset? Yeah, that would be a lie even if he forgot he had an account as once he realized he had and got a password reset/used the password he normally uses for stuff, he'd be able to check what he's done before, or at least know he's been on the site before.

But does the last one make him scummy? No, not in the slightest, it makes him a human who doesn't want us to see him as an asshole before we get started.

You are blatantly trying to stretch one exceptionally tiny issue into something massive here and I'm really not liking it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Battousai »

Dalt has been prodded!

... Remember, everyone must post at least once every 48hrs to be considered active (weekends count as 1 day total).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”