Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful (Game Over)

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Furcolow »

it's really frustrating and hard to confirm ANYTHING with this setup
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:04 am

Post by bv310 »

That's the point though. He could probably coast by on a vig claim for three or four days before anyone started to get concerned, especially if a protective role believed him and protected him.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Furcolow »

my only concern is that you might be scum trying to steer a mislynch
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Correct protective role play AFAIK is to ignore the claimed vig on the basis that that he is either scum, or he will be taken out by scum due to the relatively high risk of keeping him around.

May not apply if the vig's reads are way off, or if there are a gillion scum roleblockers.

On the other hand, the fact that all those roleblockers exist, and the fact that both Neto's protective abilities and mine are nerfed in their own ways, might be consistent with only one kill. I would be a bit surprised, though.

Even though his play has picked up a lot and I've liked what I've seen starting from that big comeback post toward the end of D2, I think Kdub makes sense as scum with millar, especially since we know Ythan was town. I think Kdub's early game interpretation that Ythan was defending millar too much is the sort of thing a scumbuddy says to tie his scumfriend to a town player moreso than a legitimate early game scumhunting move. Connection scumhunting is not normative that early in the game.

Waiting for MoI to come back.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I am leaning towards muffin, to be honest.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Muffin »

Furcolow wrote:I am leaning towards muffin, to be honest.
Do you have a defensible position or are we going to hear more of your awesome play that we've all enjoyed so much?
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Iec wrote:I figure this is worth claiming because MoI is banking on no other protective role being present, and he is incorrect. Also, the fact that two protective roles exist makes it somewhat less likely that there is only one kill in play.
Let’s discuss this a little bit further.

1. Your claim reads like a JOAT not a full-protective role. Given we only know your targets I am speculating here but I don’t see how a JOAT would invalidate the theory of a 1 Mafia, 1 full protective role set-up.
2. Is the other protective role you are speaking of Neto?
Iec wrote:Waiting for MoI to come back.
Why?
Furc wrote:I feel that if anything, his claim is fake, and he is mafia. I disagree with you. You are just trying to defend him.
In 1116 you quote a full post by Kdub that directly mentions three living players. Who is Kdub defending? Do you feel Kdub’s defense is scummy?
Furc wrote:i get policy lynched in a lot of the games i'm in, even once in mylo or w/e
PRO TIP – you getting lynched is not a policy lynch. A policy lynch is one made solely on past performance. You get lynched because you play in a scummy way. Stop crying policy lynch when players vote for you. You look like a child when you do so.
Furc wrote:I am leaning towards muffin, to be honest.
Of being Mafia? :roll:

Let me see – I’m scum, you suggest bv310 is scum for potentially leading a lynch, and god knows why you suspect Muffin for being Mafia.

When you can provide solid reasons and motivations for all these seemingly random suspicions let us know. Otherwise we are going to assume you are either a sloppy scum looking to find whatever mislynch he can or a VI.
bv310 wrote:SK. I doubt Mafia would try to get themselves confirmed as Vig in the way Shotty did.
I disagree strongly with this statement for the following reasons –

1. All town players look at your win condition. Mine references Evil (in red) that must be destroyed. Not that I win when all threats to Good (in green) are eliminated. This is why I'm leaning towards no SK in the game.
2. Day 2 is the perfect time for a Mafian to claim the Neto kill as a Vig. It was the sole reason I floated the idea. I knew Spyrex wasn’t a direct Mafia kill. If Shotty is Mafia who made the kill then claiming he Vigged Neto prevents a Track / Watch result from screwing him. He could then claim limited shot and have his partner(s) make future kills.
MoI wrote:@Shotty –

1. Why did you attempt to kill Muffin, who was a claimed Cop, Night 2 when the potential flaw in his scans was not yet known?
2. Are you stating you don’t have a secondary ability when you say you did nothing N3?
Monday is here Shotty – I haven’t forgotten these questions.

MoI wrote:@Furc – Who did you target on N2 when you were blocked?
Furc you never answered this. Hop to it.

Things I Have Been Thinking About –

Before we go any further anyone who has been Roleblocked via being visited by a randy little slut at Night should claim so ASAP.

My result on bv310, if my use of Muffin’s ability includes his sanity, means Muffin can only be Sane or Insane. He can’t be Paranoid or Naïve. This of course presumes that RC isn’t jerking us around with % abilities or varying sanity.

Shotty’s claim of having taken a shot at Muffin isn’t adding up. Muffin in 1095 indicates that he doesn’t have a Bulletproof / Hider style ability to prevent a kill. Iec has not claimed a defense of Muffin N2. No other Doc claims have suggested any reason for Muffin not to have died N2.

Since I don’t believe Muffin can be scum and the facts aren’t adding up –

VOTE: Shotty.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Muffin »

Furcolow wrote:
Kdub wrote:....
I feel that if anything, his claim is fake, and he is mafia. I disagree with you. You are just trying to defend him.
Whose claim is fake, and who are you saying is mafia?
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 am

Post by ReaperCharlie »

The Brave and the Beautiful - Vote Count 4.4

Shotty to the Body [2] - bv310, MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion [1] - Furcolow
Not Voting [4] - Iecerint, Kdub, Muffin, Shotty to the Body

With 7 alive, it is 4 to lynch. The deadline is Tuesday, August 24 at 9:30 pm EDT.
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ MoI --

1. My abilities aren't quite 1-shot, but you're correct that the JOAT analogy is a good one.
2. Yep, that's the other role I'm thinking of. IIRC, you said you didn't think there were protective roles other than his in the set-up in your infodump post.
~
3. Yeah, the fact that both of us aren't proper protective roles may make us even out to exactly 1, so that's possible.
4. You said you were going to elaborate on roleblocker possibilities after you got back, so I was waiting for whatever it was you were going to give us before I speculated any further.
~
5. The backthink from the wincon is a very good point. I ruled it out because the result looked like 2 kills, and town would look silly trying to claim vig in that situation, or be forced into suboptimal NKs thereafter. I think you're correct that any town doesn't have to worry about 3rd parties (though I suppose they may exist).
6. I thought Shotty claimed RB'd? It's a funny target for a vig, anyway, though.
~
Kdub makes me uncomfortable given the flips so far, but I am receptive to a Shotty lynch.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

Muffin wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Let's see, flavor indicated I was watched and/or tracked, perhaps both. Heard some noises when leaving Muffin's room and then someone was sleeping in front of my door.
Those noises would have been me running into the closet and locking the door.
It was this.

Do we have another implicit tracker/watcher in the claims? I think only Ythan claimed one yesterday (me). Getting a handle on this could let us know 100% in the event of a Shottown flip that scum has certain skillsets.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Furcolow »

isnt that the night i was supposed to do shotty? isnt that the first of the two?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, that was the first of the two. So you're the one sleeping outside post-coital or something?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Kdub »

Iec:
Not sure I like your explanation for targeting Magna those nights, particularly your watch on N2. Even if you didn't think Muffin/Fur were good NK targets on N2, they certainly could have been targets for roleblocks or other scum actions. Fur even had his ability stolen N1 and had claimed two-shot ability cop, so there was reason to believe that he might be targeted again. We know now that it was Magna who stole it, but you couldn't have known that at the time. N3, fair point about Fur, though I still think Muffin was a better target. I'm just having a hard time believing that you really thought an unclaimed player was a better watch target than three claimed power roles that scum almost certainly would have gone after.

As for your connection of me and millar, I would point out that Fur and Shotty were both very viable lynch candidates at the time, and I stuck with millar. Unless you think I was bussing heavily on D1 for town credit (a possible strategy but not one that I personally like on D1 when I play scum), then this connection has no merit.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think the most obvious use of Track and Watch are to track scum or watch players likely to be killed. The fact that they have other uses is largely irrelevant, because those aren't as useful as using them to find scum directly. The roleblockers you allude to, for example, could be either town or scum. Also, in Fur's case, there was always the chance that he was just making it up.

MoI is who I would've killed as scum, maybe even over Ythan if I were too paranoid about the doc protect. I thought he was more likely to be town than Ythan, the other possibility I considered. That was the basis of my thinking.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Muffin »

Furcolow answer the question please
Muffin wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
I feel that if anything, his claim is fake, and he is mafia. I disagree with you. You are just trying to defend him.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@ kdub you sound squirmy to me
@ muffin what did you do the last 2 nights?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 am

Iec wrote:4. You said you were going to elaborate on roleblocker possibilities after you got back, so I was waiting for whatever it was you were going to give us before I speculated any further.
All I have on that realm is speculation myself, so waiting around for me isn’t the best option IMO. That said I think everyone may have missed my request for my last post.
MoI wrote:
Before we go any further anyone who has been Roleblocked via being visited by a randy little slut at Night should claim so ASAP.
That said baring some further consideration I’m going back to the idea that a Mass-Claim of role Names at this point is warranted. Will elaborate if necessary.

For discussion -

I would suggest the following order -

Iec
Kdub
bv310

Iec wrote:6. I thought Shotty claimed RB'd? It's a funny target for a vig, anyway, though.
Not that I can see in Shotty’s (limited) ISO. If you can see a RB claim please point it out to me.
Iec wrote:Kdub makes me uncomfortable given the flips so far, but I am receptive to a Shotty lynch.
This sort of increadibly soft suspicion doesn’t sit well with me. I’d like to see you a list of concrete opinions on who is scum out of you ASAP Iec.
Kdub wrote:Magna:
Proven ability does not equal proven alignment, but I think an investigative role like the one Furcolow is claiming is more likely to be town. In the event that Furcolow is scum, we can ask him to share his results so that the town knows who he's been targeting and what results he's been getting. He can't really lie unless he fakes a result on one of his partners, but that has its own risks.
In light of what has transpired I’d like for you to revisit this post from Day 1. Do you still think Furc is more likely to be Town?
Furc wrote:@ kdub you sound squirmy to me
Saying someone sounds squirmy is not scum-hunting.
Pay attention … Muffin already answered that here .

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Iecerint »

I'm fine with a massclaim as such.

I already said why I thought Kdub was scum in an earlier post. I just didn't repeat it all in that post.

I haven't been roleblocked all game.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Furcolow »

Muffin wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:I've got a rather large info dump to share but I want to see some information first -

1. Shotty - Please indicate your targets Night 3 and Night 4.
2. Furc - Please indicate your targets Night 3 and Night 4 (if both are valid). Please disclose the exact name of your ability (ie what you PM to RC) and any results.
3. Muffin - Please indicate your targets Night 3 and Night 4 and any results you got.
During night 2 I investigated Magna. Part of the flavor PM indicated that I was "wrong about Robocopter" which is distressing. Sorry robo! So my sanity is in question. Someone tried to kill me night 2 with a gun, but I survived because I "hid in my bulletproof closet" or something similar but for some reason that prevented my investigation from going through (perhaps I was also blocked? That doesn't make sense).

Night 3 I tried to investigate Magna again but this time I was definitely blocked because I was visited by a sexy teenage girl and apparently had a wet dream :lol:

So basically I am useless :?
When you say your sanity is in question, what do you mean? Did MoI come up as scum to your rolecheck?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Furcolow »

Muffin wrote:Furcolow answer the question please
Muffin wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
obviously who i'm voting for
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:10 am

Furc just f'in replace out if you are Town

Muffin's sanity was clearly discussed earlier. You aren't paying attention to the game. Give the slot to someone who will actually play effectively.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:10 am

Oh Shotty come out come out wherever you are ...

Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Muffin »

Furcolow wrote:@ kdub you sound squirmy to me
Are you reading the thread AT ALL?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Furcolow »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Furc just f'in replace out if you are Town

Muffin's sanity was clearly discussed earlier. You aren't paying attention to the game. Give the slot to someone who will actually play effectively.
of course you want me to replace out, because i'm indicating that your ability claims show that you are fakeclaiming and are mafia. i'm staying, and my vote is staying.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”