Newbie 988-Apocalypse(Over)-Scum win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Dekes »

It's not Friday night yet...
Beanman wrote:
Dekes wrote: - Find me one vote of mine that is reasoned solely on active lurking where I didn't address what the people I vote have said and what I found scummy about that.

Vote: kyle99

His last post still doesn't convince me. His strange excuse of his own lurking is not a good enough defense for me. And looking back on his posts I see him active lurking for the longest time, then, after being called out, making a horrible post where he's just parroting other users and then making a vote immediately after fence-sitting on that person (yes, I'm aware that I'm just stating now what other people have said before, but this is just a summary to explain my vote) and after that he disappears again - until he's put to L-1 when - boom - he's there not 30 mins later to attack this vote. This leads me to believe that he might have been lurking on purpose all along.

give me a second to do the other one
Is that vote based solely on active lurking like I asked or did I explain what I found scummy about kyle's behaviour apart from that?
You've been nothing but twisting my words for quite some time now to make everything you say against me seem right. I don't see how this is helpful to town or for your scumhunting career.

Also, I think at least one on the people on my wagon is scum. If both scum were still out there not voting me I think it would've been easy for them to hammer me by now without drawing too much suspicion. Wait, how long ago was the L-1? 12 hours. Well okay, it may happen tonight.

I'm leaning towards Cliquey (Yes, he/she's away right now, but they can and most likely will answer to this post on Sunday).
Not because of lurking (obivously), but these reasons among others:
- Kyle's actions. I still don't see why Beanman sees him as most obviously town in this game.
- Cliquey enters with a redundant AtE and keeps going back to it. They could've referred to their original post or just dropped but instead they kept insisting on it when being asked about.
- Stated way too many times, that they're town as if to subtly manipulating town to believe this is true.
- Their "townie"-slip up was...weird...I've yet to see someone refer to the whole of town as townies instead of players, people, etc....The word townies has a different meaning in mafia.
- Refused to give a list of who they think is town? Why keep this to yourself when town can benefit from this info? Because it could have impacts on who mafia is going to kill? Do you really think, mafia is only going with your info when choosing their night kill? Or are you afraid, if you give your scum partner a town vibe suspicion will fall onto you after your partner flips scum?
- Became overly aggressive and insulting when I pointed out the weak parts of his case.

I will vote Cliquey, when they return...if I'm still alive by then. Just some information for town if I won't be. But I wish for one last post before town decides to lynch me. Let's see if scum will grant it.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Adrien C »

Dekes, if you really believe that's the way to go, vote for him now. He won't be lynched when he gets back.
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Dekes »

Adrien C wrote:Dekes, if you really believe that's the way to go, vote for him now. He won't be lynched when he gets back.
But he can't defend himself right now. And why eaxactly is your vote on me? I asked you about it earlier.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Adrien C »

You are my top suspect (though I will admit, not by much) on who I believe is scummy and I also believe that your flip would give us the best information going into Day 2.

As for you voting Cliquey, he can defend himself after he gets back. We won't lynch him before he gets back.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:39 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Someone, Adrien or otherwise, break down what information could be gained from Dekes' flip.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Adrien C »

To me, if Dekes flips town, Cliquey will be very suspicious. If he flips scum, sorry to say Greggo, but I will be looking at you.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:47 am

Post by yabbaguy »

But Dekes isn't scum.

Whoever made up the word semi-buddying to describe my stance should be lynched instantly- OH WAIT.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Adrien C »

yabbaguy wrote:But Dekes isn't scum.

Whoever made up the word semi-buddying to describe my stance should be lynched instantly- OH WAIT.
How are you so sure? I'll admit there's doubt in my mind on what he'll flip (that's why I also included a "if he flips town" to my scenario...yeah, I used parenthesis) but you're dead set that there is no way on this blue-green earth that he will flip scum? Why are you so sure of this? How are you so sure of this on Day 1? There's only one way you know for sure about something on Day 1, and that's if you actually are scum.

FoS: Yabba
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 am

Post by yabbaguy »

y
abba.

Everything I say is "in my opinion". This is severe scum opportunism that you're now saying that I somehow have inside knowledge just because I'm the one with the stones to adamantly say that Dekes is not scum.

You get people who say "oh, obvtown" the whole time as Town. Totally null.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Adrien C »

That's why I only FoSed you and didn't vote you.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:02 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Don't care. You're declaring me a suspicious player.

FoS does NOT mean half-assed suspicion, contrary to popular belief.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Jackabomb »

Vote count 1.17
Pacman-
;

Tanstalas-
;

Dekes-
Adrien C, Cliquey, Beanman, Tanstalas;

Cliquey-
Tuxhedoh;

Beanman-
;

yabbaguy-
;

McGriddle-
Yabbaguy;

Not voting-
McGriddle, Pacman, Dekes;

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or no lynch.
7 days until deadline.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Beanman »

Yabba, day 1, is really hard for us to get a correct lynch. First of all the odds are against us. 2nd, there isn't any hard information available. It's a good day to gain information, and use that to try to make the most informative case. What I'm really, really pissed off at is the fact that there is a good case that's been presented at by Cliquey and I against dekes, that in your PBPA you even admit is a good case, and then you just discard it. Then you vote on McG on what I think is an extremely weak case, especially based on the information provided against Dekes.

I am pizzed at how much Makeorbreak needed to die(Pacman no offense as you have given that role new life) day one before she got replaced, and how you defended her till the end. She even turned this game sideways by breaking rules. Montgomery going on and on about MoB being troll wasn't scummy, it was FACT!

Do I 100% think your suspicions are wrong? no. Really, no1 is 100% town in my eyes till hard evidence comes. I'm pizzed at McG because the only thing he's commented on really is your pbpa of him. not giving a fresh perspective at all. But I find McG as suspicious as I used to find Kyle, as I used to find Montgomery, but all I really got on them, is a lack of actively participating, and sad as it is, is a NULL tell, because it hurts both mafia and town with that behavior. That's the only case I really see against them. Maybe they used tunnel vision, but that's not a strong case either, as townies are as likely to tunnel as scum day 1. I don't see ANY INFORMATION you have presented against anyone, to yell out, "I'm more scummy than this guy." I just don't. You have a strong gut read on Montgomery. Believe it or not, I actually respect that. When you originally did your pbpa, I leaned my head towards that way myself. However, there is stronger evidence imo against Dekes, and honestly, my gut read since his first post game on, from him, has been scum.

As is, one of us is going to be NK'd. Honestly I see my NK more likely to occur than yours, based on information I'd rather not reveal, as I do not want to give scum reason. If I'm alive tommorrow, and Dekes flips town, I promise to look more heavily into your claims.
Adrien C wrote:To me, if Dekes flips town, Cliquey will be very suspicious. If he flips scum, sorry to say Greggo, but I will be looking at you.
Pretty much but not entirely this. Dekes town flip will reveal alot of information. More than anything, if he flips town, It will pretty much clear Tant(who is all but clear in my eyes as is based on his last post) is prob-town, and is yabba(although less likely prob-town as tant, I'll still be trusting yab's alot more than before.) and Cliquey is highly suspicious(*but it doesn't comfirm scum). His scum flip, really narrows the margins on who is scumteam is, possibly McG based on his hesitance to put him at L-1 early on, Yabba is a clear candadite, Also Tant, but less likely Tant because of his last vote. It will be clear that much clear Adrien is prob-town in my eyes, as well as Cliquey. The only people it really doesn't reveal any information one way or the other for me, is Pacman and Tux.

This lynch won't confirm *anything* to me, but will reveal quite a bit about alliances to factions and give me a fresh perspective on where people lie in relationship to town.

McG's lynch on the other hand(while I more want to lynch him out of spite than any information, I still want him dead) pisses me off cause it reveals nothing, and I want him dead more then Dekes(even though I think Dekes is scum, and I'm not sure what McG could be.)
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Beanman »

Notice how dekes has been L-1 for 2 of his posts and still hasn't claimed!!!!!!!!!!!
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Adrien C »

Dude, lay off the angry juice. Aren't we all supposed to be a little suspicious of everyone? That's how it is in Day 1. Someone's lying and we don't necessary have any solid ground to stand on at the starting phase of the game.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Adrien C »

My last post was directed at yabba.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:13 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Real quick: L-1 claiming is technically supposed to happen when someone off the wagon threatens to hammer.

More later, I gotta give a presentation at work in a few minutes.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Beanman »

Dekes wrote:It's not Friday night yet...
Beanman wrote:
Dekes wrote: - Find me one vote of mine that is reasoned solely on active lurking where I didn't address what the people I vote have said and what I found scummy about that.

Vote: kyle99

His last post still doesn't convince me. His strange excuse of his own lurking is not a good enough defense for me. And looking back on his posts I see him active lurking for the longest time, then, after being called out, making a horrible post where he's just parroting other users and then making a vote immediately after fence-sitting on that person (yes, I'm aware that I'm just stating now what other people have said before, but this is just a summary to explain my vote) and after that he disappears again - until he's put to L-1 when - boom - he's there not 30 mins later to attack this vote. This leads me to believe that he might have been lurking on purpose all along.

give me a second to do the other one
Is that vote based solely on active lurking like I asked or did I explain what I found scummy about kyle's behaviour apart from that?
You've been nothing but twisting my words for quite some time now to make everything you say against me seem right. I don't see how this is helpful to town or for your scumhunting career.

LMFAO dude, i'm not twisting your words. I COPIED AND PASTED DIRECTLY. those are your QUOTED WORDS word by word. I LEFT NOTHING OUT.
Same excuse when Cliquey quoted you directly. Bad counterargument is bad.
Tuxhedoh
Tuxhedoh
Townie
Tuxhedoh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Tuxhedoh »

From the begining Dekes has been high on my list, not because of my intial RVS vote for him but because he stated that he was new to Mafia, he's playing in a beginners game, and yet he throws around opinions about mafia games like he's experienced. This started as compiling some recent quotes but turned into Dekes ISO:
-
Dekes wrote:....The word townies has a different meaning in mafia.
As far as I'm concerned the word was meant exactly what Dekes is claiming that it doesn't mean... Townies... all of us together.

Dekes ISO-1 wrote:This is my first mafia game ever
Dekes ISO-5 wrote:...but a scum defednig his scumbuddy on a vote on the first day that has merely put him at L-3...even in a newbie game...I mean, c'mon, really?
So I'm new to the game, I don't know. Just trying to figure things out. His explanation sounds as if he's got more experience than he's letting on.

Dekes ISO-8 wrote:And by far not every vote is placed with the intention directed towards a lynch. It's one of the better possibilities especially early on in the game to provoke reactions/get answers. And like I said, I did get the information that I asked for/previously missed
Again, Mafia theory from a newbie.

Dekes ISO-9 wrote:Yeah, I really have to start reading carefully. It's no use for a
townie
to get into trouble only because I skimmed some of the posts. On my second read of your post I see that you were referring to the scummbudying part as well. Of course (scum-)buddying is always a bad thing to do and will always look suspicious whether it's Day 1 or LyLo but what I meant was (and what I actually wrote) is that even newbie scum should realize that defending your buddy on page 2 with no danger of being about to get lynched will look awfully suspicious and they should know better than that.
_____

All the things you've been doing so far (active lurking, OMGUS voting, AtE-ing, blatantly going off-topic) are as anti-town as you can get and you are bound to draw A LOT of suspicion on you.
I bolded that use of townie, just to point it out, that I took this to mean townie in the same way Cliquey later gets chastised for using it, but I think are the same. Also, while I see the logic in this statement, more mafia theory from a newbie. Followed by even more theory....

Dekes ISO-12 wrote:If we are to assume the worse case - that we mislynch today - I just believe that a kyle mislynch will be much more profitable to town than a Mob mislynch.
To later say in ISO 47:
Adrien C wrote:
That's a pretty well-constructed case. I want to hear a bit from McGriddle before this day phase ends, but I will support a lynch on Dekes. As a matter of fact, I'll go ahead and VOTE: Dekes. I'm still convinced either Dekes or Cliquey is scum, but I'm starting to lean towards Dekes. Worst case scenario, we'll all get some information from his flip.

Bad vote. You're not convinced I'm scum yet you're willing to lynch a townie for the sake of information instead of looking for hard evidence yourself now who might be scum and who might be town. You've made your vote based on a case that refers to a hastily made half assed iso of me from me.
So he's willing to lynch Kyle for information, but of course wants to deflect the vote from himself when he's put in the exact same position.

Ugh. I can nit pick all the theory out, but this is the gist of my case on Dekes.
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Beanman »

Tux, it's a good case. We have him at L-1. He's seemingly refusing to claim. We should kill him...
Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Beanman »

EBWOP- It's all fine and dandy that it's now technically a hammer needs to be needed in order for someone to claim, funny how that didn't seem to be the case when kyle was at L-2, much less L-1 and people were demanding claims on him... Fishy fishy fishy yabba..... should have said something then me thinks...
tanstalas
tanstalas
Too Much Game
tanstalas
Too Much Game
Too Much Game

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:34 am

Post by tanstalas »

Wow, thought we would be into N1 by now.

@McG - still waiting to hear from you your stances on all the players, or at least who you think are your top 2(at least) suspects, and your reasons behind it?
FlayTheScum 1:33 am
RC does not have my stash of animal porn, I promise you.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:35 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Tux was off the wagon and asked for it. I don't think I even posted in the interim.

Fact check says I win.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Beanman
Beanman
Goon
Beanman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Beanman »

Fact check says when multiple people on the wagon were demanding claims, you never stated
Real quick: L-1 claiming is technically supposed to happen when someone off the wagon threatens to hammer.

YOU LOSE
Tuxhedoh
Tuxhedoh
Townie
Tuxhedoh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Tuxhedoh »

I'm just clariyfing,. in the kyle situation, I was not on the wagon, and asked for his claim. I didn't ask for the claim this time, mostly because I felt like I didn't know what to do with it once we had it. Why that's really applicable here, I'm not seeing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”