charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by charter »

Hayker wrote:I would love to hear and thoughts and concerns they have about this game.
A suggestion would be to let the mafia talk pregame, that would have resolved a conflict, and really doesn't do a whole lot for them strategically.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Hayker »

charter wrote:
Hayker wrote:I would love to hear and thoughts and concerns they have about this game.
A suggestion would be to let the mafia talk pregame, that would have resolved a conflict, and really doesn't do a whole lot for them strategically.
I couldn't agree more with this one. Will defenetly be done in the future.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

I feel like a winner. I picked all the scum and then some!

@Charter: IMO attacking Wicked would have made you look even worse, so you didn't get screwed all that bad.

Setup was slightly imbalanced in my opinion. If Alamaster had been a paranoid cop, it would have made things better. Town effectively had 2 cops plus a bg, and town roleblocker is extremely OP'd in the endgame.

After day one, I had pretty much decided Wicked was definitely town. By the end of day 2 I was sure Hiphop was town as well, and maybe even before then, I'm too lazy to check. I find it hilarious that all 3 mafia attacked me throughout the time we were together.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hayker wrote:Night Actions Night 1
AlmasterGM(Insane cop)-Llamaeatataco
Llamaeatataco(EBG)-SSBF(wicked if he was lynched, night action sent in early I thinks because of a V/la)
SSBS(Sane Cop)-AlmasterGM
Wickedestjr(RB)-charter
Mafia Kill-charter

Mafia RB(SpyreX)-Crypto
?
Sando's Role PM wrote:You are the Godfather of the mafia. You appear innocent to cop investigations. You are teamed with your
Roleblocker Wickedestjr
, and your Vanilla mafia charter. Together each night you decide on a town member to be killed, and which one of you three does the killing.

This is probably why Sando ignored my accusations directed at him for most of day 1. He must not've taken me seriously. :lol:

Regarding the setup, I think it was balanced slightly more towards the town. I think adding another power role to the scum such as a Mafia Role Cop would have made the setup more balanced. Aside from the errors, having two cops hurt the scum a lot.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

EBWOP:
Hayker wrote:Night Actions Night 1
AlmasterGM(Insane cop)-Llamaeatataco
Llamaeatataco(EBG)-SSBF(wicked if he was lynched, night action sent in early I thinks because of a V/la)
SSBS(Sane Cop)-AlmasterGM
Wickedestjr(RB)-charter
Mafia Kill-charter

Mafia RB(SpyreX)-Crypto
?
Sando's Role PM wrote:You are the Godfather of the mafia. You appear innocent to cop investigations. You are teamed with your
Roleblocker Wickedestjr
, and your Vanilla mafia charter. Together each night you decide on a town member to be killed, and which one of you three does the killing.

This is probably why Sando ignored my accusations directed at him for most of day 1. He must not've taken me seriously. :lol:

Regarding the setup, I think it was balanced slightly more towards the town. I think adding another power role to the scum such as a Mafia Role Cop would have made the setup more balanced. Aside from the errors, having two cops hurt the scum a lot.[/quote]
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:46 am

Post by hiphop »

Sorry lost internet access yesterday.

So I guess this is the time where we tell the mod any ideas in how to make the game better.
Hayker wrote:
Town Cop
You are a town cop. You may choose one person each night to investigate in order to discover their alignment. If they are town you will receive a "town" result, and if they are mafia, a "mafia" result. Of course you have your voice and vote in the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated
I do believe if you are going to have an insane cop, at least make it known that they have sanity issues. This hints that the person who received this role is sane, when Almaster was clearly not.

Also I never was a big fan of scum cannot be roleblocked. For me that is just insane. Is it not scum's role to kill someone? So why not roleblocked? And being that they can still die from an elite bodyguard makes my case even stronger. If this were the case we should have podium alive and charter lynched day 2, because he was roleblocked night 1.

So can one of the mafia tell me why a known cop was not roleblocked or killed night 1?

Also the funny thing is Sando gave away that Wicked was his partner (which at that time Sando believed he was), but if Wicked hadn't (from my perspective) shown that he wasn't I would have gone after him day 2 as well as charter.
Hayker wrote:
I suppose you could argue that. You would have shown as miller on a kill though.
Now that is a funny role. He would have been shown as mafia if he were lynched, and miller if he was killed. From that perspective nopo you may as not say anything about your role.

Spyrex except for the buddying I would never have believed you were scum.

Crypto can you show me the meta on Spyrex?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:08 am

Post by crypto »

It was just gut. I've played a game with Spy-scum and three or four games with Spy-town, and he felt less like Spy-town and more like Spy-scum. Also, there were several points in the game where I strayed toward SSBF and Wicked, and each time I did they looked less scummy than they before. So there was a widening gulf of suspicion between Spy and everyone else, which throws a little process of elimination into the mix.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Awesome job guys... glad the insanity i went through on D1 paid off in the end. I regretted not saying how susp. of charter i was before i died, but luckily he got killed. charter and spyrex were my choices for scum after i died. im glad you were scum spyrex, it makes up for the arguing... :D lol.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by hiphop »

podium123456 wrote:im glad you were scum spyrex, it makes up for the arguing... :D lol.
You argued with me too, yet I wasn't scum. :cop:
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by podium123456 »

lol yeah. but i meant it makes up for the stuff he was saying that didnt make sense to me.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

lol yeah. but i meant it makes up for the stuff he was saying that didnt make sense to me.
90% of his posts? :D
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I have some suggestions for Hayker.

Given the set-up, it looks pretty unbalanced from my perspective. Try to balance it out, although that doesn't mean it should be the generic Cop + Doctor, VT's, and three scums set-up. Did you review your set-up? If not, when doing games, I highly recommend getting your games reviewed. That way, the game will be enjoyable, yet balanced as possible. You should also try to get them reviewed around the time you /in to mod a Mini (In Mini Themes, preferably before). You'll have a lot of time to get reviews, plus you won't have to worry about scrambling to the end and less mod errors would result from this as you would be more ready to mod a game.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Hayker »

All I got was the standard review, though I actually made a last minute decision to add another VT to give the town a second mislynch, and make it a day start. I think it would have been a bit better had I not done that. I will definitely get any games reviewed earlier in the future.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:38 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”