XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by XScorpion »

And would you believe him? A town role that stops night kills without having to target a player seems way too overpowered.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

XScorpion wrote:
For one, it's altogether too scummy to be a safe-claim.
There it is again. Why does everyone insist on defending people by saying they're too scummy to be scum?
Has anyone also considered the possibility that he's scum and was given a fake-claim?
Fake-claim = safe-claim. That is the WORST safe/fake-claim for this game. And I would even have voted Mallow for it, if not for the fact that it seems like a good "miller-ish" town role. A fact I noted due to reading the characters new role in the video game. Since this info was not provided by Mallow himself, nor the mod, it doesn't seem planted to make us try seeing Mallow as town-aligned, and more like an accident that works in our favor.
mallowgeno wrote:Liam just told me it won't block the kill. Therefore I don't think I will use it.
What was that you said about the power? Something about being able to stop mafia kills or something...

Also, reading over the initial claim post nets us seeing Mallow say something like it activates with his lynch.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Coach Travis wrote:Alright,, I realize I've spent way too much time on the defensive, so now I'll give my thoughts on some players, and recent stuff.

First off, I like sottyrulez:His latest post was really good, exactly the type of thing I like to see, as he shares thoughts on several players, giving good ideas of who he finds suspicious and why, and who isn't so suspicious. Plus he ended with a vote, and I liked that one as well, trying to start something on a player who's been relatively unnoticed so far. Town read for him so far. Also, nice to see someone else got the same vibe out of Taz.
Hey look, CT is buddying. What a shock...
Coach Travis wrote:Also good to see GhostWriter with a much better post after being called out. I'm really not sure of him so far though, as he hasn't really done enough for me to get a read, but it was good to see him attempt scumhunting in his last post. Though I don't really agree with the case on Xscorpion, he doesn't seem tremendously scummy to me
You think it is good for him to make a post after being called out? I think it smacks of active lurking scum. He is reading the thread, and he responds when specifically prompted, but he provides no other content. What part was an attempted scumhunting?
Coach Travis wrote:I agree that Starbuck is getting a bit ridiculous. I realize she's away, but if she has the time to make as many silly posts as has, she has time for content. Only reason she wouldn't want to contribute is if she's scum. I'll give her time to see if she picks it up when her vacation's over, but so far she seems scummy.
I still <3 my vote. Others should join up, this wagon is a go.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by LimMePls »

jasonT1981 wrote:or just made one up... though if he were scum, why would he not say he could block scum kills? I believe the claim... I think. I do not see any scum motives in the claim. If he was scum, he would lie and say he could block the kill.
Because if he said he could block night kills, then the scum would have to give up their NK the night he uses his block.

That said, I don't think this is the case, I think mallow is exactly what he claims to be. My guess is 3rd party survivor with the mass roleblock. I think there are better lynches today.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

LynchMePls wrote:
Coach Travis wrote:
Coach Travis wrote:I agree that Starbuck is getting a bit ridiculous. I realize she's away, but if she has the time to make as many silly posts as has, she has time for content. Only reason she wouldn't want to contribute is if she's scum. I'll give her time to see if she picks it up when her vacation's over, but so far she seems scummy.
I still <3 my vote. Others should join up, this wagon is a go.
He does make a good point against Starbuck though, one I have been trying to make for a few pages.

LMP, how do you feel on Starbuck, her vote on me, and reaction to being called out by me... and her content, do you feel she has made any good contribution to the game??

I realize you said we both needed to shut up... but you never took a stance either way on the debate between Starbuck and I
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

LynchMePls wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:or just made one up... though if he were scum, why would he not say he could block scum kills? I believe the claim... I think. I do not see any scum motives in the claim. If he was scum, he would lie and say he could block the kill.
Because if he said he could block night kills, then the scum would have to give up their NK the night he uses his block.

That said, I don't think this is the case, I think mallow is exactly what he claims to be. My guess is 3rd party survivor with the mass roleblock. I think there are better lynches today.
I would rather hunt scum than chase hypo 3rd parties, and will not support a lynch on a claimed Roleblocker.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

why not just ask him if he is 3rd party or town alligned lol
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Vote Count

LynchMePls
- 1 - d3x
mallowgeno
- 3 - XScorpion, Coach Travis, Scott Brosius
Coach Travis
- 4 - LynchMePls, jasonT1981, mallowgeno, BloodCovenent
jasonT1981
- 1 - Starbuck
Ghostwriter
- 1- sottyrulez
XScorpion
- 1 - Ghostwriter
Not Voting
- 1 -xRECKONERx

Seven votes lynches

Deadline is Wednesday August 11th, 9am GMT
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by d3x »

Alrighty then, I'm sure that some of this has been covered in my absence {I've thus far only skimmed}, but please bear with me. Also, I know that some of these players have left, but I feel that I should post my thoughts/reads on them anyway. It may prove helpful in the future.

Going back to page 4 {when I went V/LA}...

CT100
-
you could read my latest game as town where I played exactly the same
Umm... ScumSlip much? I'd Vote CT here, but I have a lot of pages to get through. An
UnVote:Taz/LMP
until I finish should suffice. The remainder of CT100 seems like wishy-washy Scum trying not to rock the boat whilst under a bit of pressure.
Taz110/113
- This is an odd post that I do not understand/like, but I'll get to that in a second.
BC111
- I got the same feeling {that CT was trying to play a Newbie card}. It should also be noted that meta doesn't work on one's self. If you are aware of your meta and actively try to push it as justification of your alignment, the 'meta' is not reliable.
Taz115
- This argument continues to confuse me. I'm not sure how pointing out a ScumTell is a ScumTell. CT played the Newbie card {although it was rather subtle and could be debatable}, BC called him on it. How does that make BC scummy?
The remainder of Taz on page 5
- just feels scummy to me. I'm also not a fan of his interaction with jason in 6. He found a legitimate reason to Vote BC, but as soon as others voiced their disdain, he backpedaled from it saying it was all a joke. He then tries to shift focus on Lurkers. Scummy.
XS138
- I don't much care for/understand your reaction to GW. I think he was right to say that if Taz used his name to start coming after him, GW would call for his Lynch. If I said that scorpions were by nature an evil creature and started tunneling you for it, what would you do? You said it yourself when you pointed out Taz's fishing for a case on GW. What questions was I asked that I couldn't answer? Mostly my post that you are refering to had to do with calling out players not really commenting on the game. I felt that there was a lot of static and coming from some people. I also feel like the response I got from CT was worth the question, even if it took a week+ to make anything of it.
Taz157
- Buddying with CT noted.
mallow183
- You didn't answer my question. Was your CT Vote RVS or not?
XS184
- +1
Taz192
- This UnVote seem disingenuous. Just saying.
Taz194
- wtf?
GW199
-
I wanted to make sure he'd focus on everyone, instead of tunneling based on my name alone. Which he's doing
Care to point out where you feel Taz was tunneling you based on your name? Or am I reading this incorrectly and you are saying he's focusing on everyone?
mallow237
- Why did you think Taz was Scum?
jT240
- I actually don't have a problem with Voting someone who is getting replaced. A scummy slot is a scummy slot; given you can only place so much weight behind that read once the replacement starts playing. I don't see anything inately wrong with the general theory of Voting in such a circumstance.
GW256
- +1
Reck274
- What changed between p268...
There's no reason we have to end D1 right now.
... and here? What made you decide that ending the Day was now ok? Was it solely the realization that LMP was replacing Taz? What about others who hadn't posted much/anything?
LMP278
- Similar thoughts as to what I said to XS138 regarding the GW thing. All in all, I like this post, but the combination of SW Mafia and Taz's play make me uncomfortable with you. IGMEOY.
jT294
- Interesting. I don't disagree with you, but if this is such a firmly held belief of yours, why didn't you mention Reck274? Let me quote it for you...
Vote: mallowgeno

THIRDPARTYLYNCHFTW
CT297
-
I meant "suspicious" in that I knew his behavior was clearly something other people found suspicious.
Lol... You're so getting my Vote when this catchup post is over.
mallow332
- Wtf?
BC333
- Why?
sr357
- V/LA =/= Lurking.
Reck361
- It would seem that a lot of your posts are of the 'I'm here and catching up' variety. I do not like this.
CT366
- More Town reads. CT, who's Scum {aside from mallow}? Why?

Kool, I'm caught up.
Vote: Coach Travis
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@D3XI'm getting scum vibes from Reck. First off, he was clearly buddying with Taz, it was obvious the way he was interacting with him. And since Taz was replaced, he's been fairly quiet, not doing much anything, because he knows LMP can't be played that easily. Otherwise, I need to go through some posts and see what I think. Can't do that until Friday though, I won't be online again until then.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Dude, get off my nuts. I said id catch up before Friday and I will. Between my other games, my family falling to fucking shit, having to work 7am to 5pm, and preparing to move to a new city and leave all my friends behind, some mini theme based on ghostbusters that's only on day one is literally the lowest priority.

So there.
green shirt thursdays
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 am

Post by XScorpion »

La la la...
If I said that scorpions were by nature an evil creature and started tunneling you for it, what would you do?
Absolutely nothing. Assuming town wasn't useless, someone would eventually realize 'hey wait a sec d3x is tunneling xscorpion for an argument that is completely stupid.'
You said it yourself when you pointed out Taz's fishing for a case on GW.
Exactly. I was the non-useless town in the above example who realized 'hey wait a sec taz is tunneling gw for an argument that is completely stupid.' The thing is, GW's reaction wasn't the same reaction I would make (do nothing), which made me suspicious. Taz still looks worse for it though, hence why I voted him.
What questions was I asked that I couldn't answer? Mostly my post that you are refering to had to do with calling out players not really commenting on the game. I felt that there was a lot of static and coming from some people. I also feel like the response I got from CT was worth the question, even if it took a week+ to make anything of it.
You don't have to answer questions to post content lol. Your questions were good, but you didn't really clarify where you stood on the issue of who you thought was scummy. It's pretty obvious now though, so I feel better.

P.S. So far Travis' hate on reckoner was due to misrep, so I find it sort of odd that the 'buddying' argument that I used came out of nowhere...
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:07 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

d3x wrote:
jT240
- I actually don't have a problem with Voting someone who is getting replaced. A scummy slot is a scummy slot; given you can only place so much weight behind that read once the replacement starts playing. I don't see anything inately wrong with the general theory of Voting in such a circumstance.
Yea, I can understand.... I usually unvote just as a courtasy giving time for the new person to catch up and not be subject to a lynch before a replacement is found/caught up... this happened in a recent game I played in where a player replaced out... but still got lynched before a replacement was found.
d3x wrote:
jT294
- Interesting. I don't disagree with you, but if this is such a firmly held belief of yours, why didn't you mention Reck274? Let me quote it for you...
Vote: mallowgeno

THIRDPARTYLYNCHFTW
You are right, and I really thought I addressed that with Reck.... I must not have.
Major FOS on Rec

Recs 385 does not sit well with me either, just like Starbuck... either declare V/LA or replace out if you are not able to commit to the game but this is the part that bothers me the most
xRECKONERx wrote:some mini theme based on ghostbusters that's only on day one is literally the lowest priority.
Day 1 is just as important as any day, this seems more like an excuse to skate through without doing anything... I get your busy, but like Starbuck if you have time to post complaining about people on your case, you have time to give actual thoughts on the game and not just

Looking at him in ISO actually this really gets to me.
xRECKONERx wrote: I'm still in support of a lynch on whoever-the-fuck it was that claimed that third party reporter guy but other than that I don't have many other thoughts. LMP still hasn't really impressed me since replacing in.
Where exactly did he claim 3rd party? I thought it was all hearsay and speculation..... Actually looking at Mallow in ISO nowhere did he say he was 3rd party. This is the post regarding his claim
mallowgeno wrote:You're wrong. My role is a mass roleblocker. Each night I may choose to roleblock everyone if I choose. Upon being lynched, all players will be unable to perform their night actions for 1 night. (I don't know if I can stop the mafia kill or not with it, Liam didn't tell me)
Nothing about it being 3rd party at all.
xRECKONERx wrote:Fuck.

Deadlined.
Insincere caring about a deadline I think to make him look town
xRECKONERx wrote: I don't think the mod would provide an anti-town role with such an anti-town claim. There would HAVE to be a fakeclaim, otherwise we could all just roleclaim right now and auto-lynch all the anti-town roles.
hmm interesting, here again he is wanting to lynch ASnti-town but no mention of lynching scum...

So lynch anti-town and 3rd party... but no lynch scum? (note: Anti-town is different from scum)

right now I have him and CT pegged as scum, as both have shown more interest in lynching speculative 3rd party roles than scum.

I will keep my vote on CT right now, he and Rec are both top suspects though. I could go for a lynch on either.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Fuck you, jason.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Seriously, I know that sounds harsh, but I'm not in the mood for any punk ass motherfucker to tell me that I should be critically analyzing some POINTLESS GAME OF MAFIA when I have important and traumatic real life shit going on. So fuck off, or the mod can replace me.
green shirt thursdays
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:30 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'm looking for a replacement for xRECKONERx now, for obvious reasons. Deadline will be suspended until further notice.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

xRECKONERx wrote:Seriously, I know that sounds harsh, but I'm not in the mood for any punk ass motherfucker to tell me that I should be critically analyzing some POINTLESS GAME OF MAFIA when I have important and traumatic real life shit going on. So fuck off, or the mod can replace me.
Reck, real life will always come before mafia, yes.... however I was trying to present a case based on in game facts. and how you are chasing hypo 3rd party and anti-tiown and not scum... there was no need for that sort of reaction at all.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:37 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I guess I should stop pressuring people for content and just let the fluff/non game related posts fly without care since now this is the 2nd person to go off at me for trying to build a case on them based on their activity and in game content..
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, I'm out.

Good luck town.
Sorry for being a disappointing player, but mod is force replacing me.
green shirt thursdays
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

I thinknsome people need to learn how to be sympathetic and not be such jerks especially when it concerns events like Reck is dealing with. Rest of my catch up will come when I get back from dinner.

Jadon, you seriously need to learn when to stop.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:01 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

no, All i was doing was pressuring him over his wanting to lynch rd party and anti-town over scum... I did nothing wrong.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:01 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

jasonT1981 wrote:no, All i was doing was pressuring him over his wanting to lynch rd party and anti-town over scum... I did nothing wrong.
3rd party*
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:07 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Starbuck... what is your vote on me for? can you justify your vote with evidence please? do you actually feel I am scum, or is it just because I was not content with your fluff postings?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:26 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Oh boy...
Starbuck wrote:I thinknsome people need to learn how to be sympathetic and not be such jerks especially when it concerns events like Reck is dealing with. Rest of my catch up will come when I get back from dinner.

Jadon, you seriously need to learn when to stop.
Maybe he doesn't know what's going on with Reck's life. Nothing Jason did I saw as any kind of personal attack whatsoever.

I would like to see Reck allowed to return to the game after taking some time to cool off. If there's stuff going on that's upsetting him, then his reaction, while out of line is understandable.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am

Post by GhostWriter »

d3x wrote:
GW199
-
I wanted to make sure he'd focus on everyone, instead of tunneling based on my name alone. Which he's doing
Care to point out where you feel Taz was tunneling you based on your name? Or am I reading this incorrectly and you are saying he's focusing on everyone?
No, what I was saying was that he kept making references to my name and paralleling it to this game's flavor. I told him to stop doing that, because I didn't want him tunneling onto me just because of my name. I wanted him to look at everyone, which, by that post, he was doing.

Also, touching on the Jason/Rec thing, Jason didn't do anything wrong or below the belt. It was a legitimately good case. A really good case. Starbuck, did you even read the case, or did you only read the reactions and assume the worst? Or did you, perhaps, read the case, read the reactions, and taper your response in such a way as to discredit the case before anyone could back it?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”