LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by LimMePls »

The back and forth between you two is distracting and not in the town's best interest. Please knock it off.

BC's vote on Taz, then vote on Taz's slot, then ISO of CT, then /barn my case without actually admitting he was /barn on my case (even though he implies my slot is scummy) is noted. That was a really strange sequence of posts from BC.

@BC: Did you realize that I made that exact case already? What do you think about my case? If you agree with it, then do you admit that I'm scum hunting, since I'm the one that started the line of inquiry on CT in the first place? If so, then why do you think my slot is scummy? What exactly about Taz's play do you think was scummy? Quotes would be appreciated.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I completely agree with you. That's why I asked jason to stop, but I'm not going to sit back and not defend myself if he's going to act like that.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Vote Count

LynchMePls
- 1 - d3x,
mallowgeno
- 3 - XScorpion, Coach Travis, Scott Brosius,
Coach Travis
- 4 - LynchMePls, jasonT1981, mallowgeno, BloodCovenent
jasonT1981
- 1 - Starbuck
Not Voting
- 3 - sottyrulez, Ghostwriter, xRECKONERx

Seven votes lynches

The game has slowed down, so I'm putting in a deadline of one week.
A PM will go out telling all players, and I may consider replacing anyone not posting within 72 hours of this notice.

Deadline is now Wednesday August 11th, 9am GMT

Edit:
Fixed the vote count
Last edited by CallMeLiam on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:01 am

Post by mallowgeno »

@ mod: there are only the not voting?

Question: should I use my mass roleblock ability to see if it blocks the scum kill?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:02 am

Post by sottyrulez »

mallowgeno wrote:
@ mod: there are only the not voting?

Question: should I use my mass roleblock ability to see if it blocks the scum kill?
Have you asked the mod if it blocks the kill? If not, do that now.

Finished reading the thread, sorry it took awhile there is a lot of fluff to sort though. Posting opinions on everyone with my next post.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Liam just told me it won't block the kill. Therefore I don't think I will use it.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:40 am

Post by XScorpion »

@Mod:
[003] A deadline will only be imposed if the game has stagnated. If so, the game will go to night with the player with the most votes lynched, no majority will be needed.
If there is a tie, is it no lynch?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Okay, so here we go. Scummy people first..

GhostWriter is one of our scum picks. He has done so little that I am surprised no one has tried to push him at all. This post is just hyper defensive and very reactionary. His ISO is only seven posts long and no where in those posts is a strong opinion on anyone or anything. He is fence sitting so hard he must have splinters and he has yet to vote! Not once. Leaning very heavily scum here.

Ghost, post your scum reads ASAP. Give stances and opinions.... Do SOMETHING.

= = = = = =

Xscorpion is also high on our list. Most of his pressure is focused on the weaker players of the group and it tends to be pretty bad pressure. This post is an example of him trying to make Tarazo look worse though a subtle missrep. Implying means that is what Tarazo though you were really trying to say without right saying it. Your reaction to his assumption is pretty over the top and works to heap more pressure on him.

The thing that troubles me the most is the standard X sets for players that clearly are unable to meet it.
XScorpion Post 184 wrote:I'm going to FoS mallow for coming back without posting any content at all and still being useless.
Make a post like the first one I did, then we can discuss. Otherwise gtfo.
XScorpion Post 244 wrote:Why?
Are you going to bother actually, I dunno, commenting on the game state, or are you just gonna keep throwing out random and unfounded accusations?
At this point, the only way I could see unvoting you is if a) you get replaced, b) someone else does something so unbelievably scummy it's ridiculous (e.g. claiming scum) or c) You bother to make a post like I did when I first entered the game, discussing your views on who is scummy and what for and what you think of everything that's happened in this game [This is the option I would prefer you to choose].
In both of these quotes he tells mallow to make a post like his first one. X's first post was a page by page break down of the game when he replaced in, which is one way to replace in. Not really my favorite but plenty of people use it. What is scummy here is that he demands mellow make a similar post as one of the only ways he can contribute to the game. The standard set is pretty ridiculous when you consider mallow's contribution so far. By all means ask him to post opinions on players, ask him to post his thoughts, but to demand a post that you
know
you are unlikely to get and then use that as a basis to keep your vote on said player is just awful.

Not to mention the fact that since that replacing in post X's posts have been very short, maybe only a sentence or two. I don't necessary find this method of posting scummy, but it is almost like he feels like he is coasting on that one big post he made. Then when you compare mallow's and X's posting style is is similar in it's short style. I don't see the motivation from X here, it smacks of scum trying to put another player in a almost impossible situation to crank the pressure.

That's not even commenting on how anti-town it is to announce that you will not move your vote unless one of the following conditions are met. It really doesn't sound like you think mellow is scum at all and that his play is just bad. Especially when you consider option a) in post 244. Why would mellow getting replaced change your scum read?

This is just fake scum hunting at it's finest and I don't like it one bit.

= = = = =

d3x and Starbuck are next grouped together for the lurking. Yes Starbuck, I think we all know you are on vacation. But either replace out, or reduce the fluff posting. It is just clogging up the thread. d3x promised content soon and he needs to deliver because all he has done is post a set of useless questions

= = = = =

Town reads so far are jason (constant questioning and case building even if they aren't the best points), LynchMePls (Tarazo felt like an over eager townie and LMP hasn't done anything to sway that thought) and Reck (mostly meta here, the weakest town read. Would be nice if he could get caught up in the game though.)

That leaves BloodCovenant, Coach Travis, Scott Brosius, mallowgeno

Leaning town on mallow because of the roleclaim mostly. He needs to pick up his game though.

Scott doesn't seem to be posting much of all. Takes awhile for him to dish out his opinions and doesn't seem to follow up on the meta read of BC that he commented on back in post 227. He seems to be lurking on the edge of discussion and I don't like that much at all. Leaning scum.

Coach Travis is extremely reactionary. Any time someone comments on his he is complaining about what they said. Thankfully however, this isn't the only thing he is doing. He gives his opinions on other players and cases. Neutral/slightly town

BC is a tough read for me. After reading the game the only real thing I remembered of him was his clash with CT about the newbie card. I side with BC there so I don't find what he did scummy. After having a quick look at his ISO I don't see anything too bad, but I will need to take a better read later. Right now he's the same read as CT, neutral/slightly town.

= = = = = =

Scum picks: Ghost Writer, Xscorpion, d3x/Starbuck

Vote: Ghost Writer
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:43 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

mallowgeno wrote:Liam just told me it won't block the kill. Therefore I don't think I will use it.

hmmm, what is the point of a (town alligned) role blocker if it does not block mafia kills? This role seemingly would benefit scum more than town in my opinion as it could block any potential town roles, but not a mafia kill.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:46 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

see, this throws me.... it would be in
scum
Mallows best intersts to say yes it does block scum kills...... but yet the role seems quite anti-town if the role can not block the kill. .... hmmm.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:05 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Roles with detrimental effects are not impossible to exist. Think about hated townie, voteless townie, and beloved princess.

Specific to theme games, I once had a role which gave me two one shot powers. The power to end one night phase whenever I pleased (Which has obvious benefits to a town.) and the power to end one day phase whenever I wanted. (Which would have detrimental effects.) I simply chose not to use the day ending power.

Re: Starbuck's vote on Jason. After looking at your overall activity in this game, can you really say that Jason doesn't have a legitimate point regarding your play?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Fuck.

Deadlined.

Will catch up at some point in the next few days, for sure. Might not be today since I think I'm about to be in a fuckton of trouble and might not have enough access today to type up a proper post.
green shirt thursdays
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:24 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Vote Count

LynchMePls
- 1 - d3x
mallowgeno
- 3 - XScorpion, Coach Travis, Scott Brosius
Coach Travis
- 4 - LynchMePls, jasonT1981, mallowgeno, BloodCovenent
jasonT1981
- 1 - Starbuck
Ghostwriter
- 1- sottyrulez
Not Voting
- 2 - Ghostwriter, xRECKONERx

Seven votes lynches

Deadline is now Wednesday August 11th, 9am GMT

XScorpion wrote:
@Mod:
[003] A deadline will only be imposed if the game has stagnated. If so, the game will go to night with the player with the most votes lynched, no majority will be needed.
If there is a tie, is it no lynch?

That's right
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:29 am

Post by XScorpion »

sotty wrote:Most of his pressure is focused on the weaker players of the group and it tends to be pretty bad pressure.
'Too scummy to be scum' is not an argument and I'm seriously considering voting the next person I play with who tries to push that bs. If mallow isn't willing to contribute content, then he deserves to die, period. I don't believe in drowning myself in WIFOM trying to distinguish bad players from scum players. Townies should post content, scumhunt, and generally try to be useful. A lack of motivation to do these things is purely scummy, as town has absolutely no reason not to try as hard as possible to catch scum or at the very least, help the rest of town identify who is scum.
I see Mallow as scum because he simply shows a lack of willingness to contribute. I don't need him to make a post as long as mine was, but at the very least he could make a post like:
"I think so and so is scummy because:
i think what's his face is scummy because:"
etc.
But we haven't gotten this from him. All we've gotten is short quips about things that get no explanation and barely help anyone understand what's going on in his mind. I'll unvote him as soon as I get a clear indication of what he thinks about the game thus far, but as you said, such a post is unlikely to come, so I don't see why I should let him live. I don't even mind if it's not a 'page-by-page breakdown' - I'm just asking for a post like the one you just made. The closest I have to this is ISO 7, which is pathetic.
Why would mellow getting replaced change your scum read?
It wouldn't, but the replacement is almost definitely more likely to be give clear thoughts on the game, which might convince me that his slot isn't just trying to coast along through the game.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:13 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I'd FoS Scott and XScorpion. Scott hasn't really said much (pot calling kettle black, I know), but has voted Mallow, who I see as townie due to claim, and voted Mallow for a good reason: Mallow's reaction was over the top for one vote. Scott, however, refused to comment at all upon Mallow's claim. Simply kept the vote and never talked about it again. On top of that, half his posts are more focused on playstyle vs. playstyle rather than the game itself. An imitation of seeming useful, by butting heads with someone over differing playstyles, to post a lot, and be able to appear passionate enough in your argument about it to not get looked at.

XScorpion, actually, for pretty much the reasons you said. But then, also, for the defense he just gave. I didn't like the fact that he didn't touch on certain parts of it at all, like misrepresenting Tazaro or the posting similarities between himself and Mallow. In fact, he mentions Mallow's "short quips", ignoring that he himself does that quite often, while using quotes to make the posts seem larger than they are. He tries to dismiss WIFOM, but that's really all the case he has against Mallow's play comes down to. Mallow is about as townie as Taz was, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. Truth be told, there's a stronger case against me made by you that would be a better basis for a continued vote, but I think you've stuck with Mallow so long due to the reaction he had to a single vote, which allowed for a lot of supporting of his lynch, making it easier on you to simply nitpick at him to try to garner the rest of the support needed to lynch him.

Which is why the best place for my vote is VOTE: XScorpion for today.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:28 am

Post by XScorpion »

ghost wrote:like misrepresenting Tazaro
It's only misrepresenting if he's actually town. Do you know this for a fact?
ghost wrote:In fact, he mentions Mallow's "short quips", ignoring that he himself does that quite often, while using quotes to make the posts seem larger than they are.
The 'defense' I just posted is longer than any post Mallow has made in the entire game. What do you have to say to that?
ghost wrote:He tries to dismiss WIFOM, but that's really all the case he has against Mallow's play comes down to. Mallow is about as townie as Taz was, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
And I think both are scummy. My case against his play isn't WIFOM, it's as simple as "he is not helping town therefore he is scummy." Do you think people who don't help town are scummy or not? Taz acted scummy too, but at least LMP has provided a decent amount of content such that I don't think he is the best lynch for the day.
ghost wrote:Truth be told, there's a stronger case against me made by you that would be a better basis for a continued vote, but I think you've stuck with Mallow so long due to the reaction he had to a single vote, which allowed for a lot of supporting of his lynch, making it easier on you to simply nitpick at him to try to garner the rest of the support needed to lynch him.
So basically (forgive me if I paraphrase this incorrectly), you think I'm scum because mallow had a scummy reaction to a vote on him and I'm trying to lynch him because I think he's scum, as opposed to voting for you because you've been almost as useless as him in this game (the only difference being that you overreacted to be threatened with a vote, whereas he overreacted to getting one vote, and you at least decided to give a reasonable explanation for your vote [the first one you've made in the game so far, wtf btw] before you made it). If it really makes you feel better I'll vote for you, but I'm not convinced you're scum.

Also what happened to this?
ghost wrote:However, Mallow, you damn sure aren't helping anything by all of this. Either actually defend yourself, start listing FoS's that aren't seemingly only based on OMGUS, or kindly announce that you are mafia and give up the correct way instead of this floundering that has me thinking you as town rather than mafia.
Was his claim really that effective at convincing you he is town? Why are you so ready to believe him?
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Alright,, I realize I've spent way too much time on the defensive, so now I'll give my thoughts on some players, and recent stuff.

First off, I like sottyrulez:His latest post was really good, exactly the type of thing I like to see, as he shares thoughts on several players, giving good ideas of who he finds suspicious and why, and who isn't so suspicious. Plus he ended with a vote, and I liked that one as well, trying to start something on a player who's been relatively unnoticed so far. Town read for him so far. Also, nice to see someone else got the same vibe out of Taz.

Also good to see GhostWriter with a much better post after being called out. I'm really not sure of him so far though, as he hasn't really done enough for me to get a read, but it was good to see him attempt scumhunting in his last post. Though I don't really agree with the case on Xscorpion, he doesn't seem tremendously scummy to me.

I agree that Starbuck is getting a bit ridiculous. I realize she's away, but if she has the time to make as many silly posts as has, she has time for content. Only reason she wouldn't want to contribute is if she's scum. I'll give her time to see if she picks it up when her vacation's over, but so far she seems scummy.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:48 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

XScorpion wrote:

Hmmm is a misrep not a misrep regardles of alignment? you can still misrep what someone said, even if they do flip scum...

at least to me, a misrep is a misrep regardless......
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:50 am

Post by XScorpion »

If he flips scum, then my interpretation of what he said would be correct, would it not?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:08 am

Post by GhostWriter »

No. It's not a misrepresentation of his alignment. It's a misrepresentation of what was said. Trying to twist it like this is pathetic and only makes me more sure of leaving my vote on you.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 am

Post by GhostWriter »

XScorpion wrote:
Answered this already, don't feel like answering again.
XScorpion wrote:
ghost wrote:In fact, he mentions Mallow's "short quips", ignoring that he himself does that quite often, while using quotes to make the posts seem larger than they are.
The 'defense' I just posted is longer than any post Mallow has made in the entire game. What do you have to say to that?
So two long posts undo all the other posts? You condemn him for things you do, then exclude yourself by making longer posts (excluding the switch in post, which, really, was bound to happen when you are replaced into a game) that almost exclusively occur when you have to defend yourself.
XScorpion wrote:
ghost wrote:He tries to dismiss WIFOM, but that's really all the case he has against Mallow's play comes down to. Mallow is about as townie as Taz was, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
And I think both are scummy. My case against his play isn't WIFOM, it's as simple as "he is not helping town therefore he is scummy." Do you think people who don't help town are scummy or not? Taz acted scummy too, but at least LMP has provided a decent amount of content such that I don't think he is the best lynch for the day.
Taz acted scummy, but in a way that he appeared far more over-eager townie than anything else. It's, as much as you want to avoid it, bad play vs. scummy play. Trying to avoid calling it that doesn't stop it from being that.
XScorpion wrote:
ghost wrote:Truth be told, there's a stronger case against me made by you that would be a better basis for a continued vote, but I think you've stuck with Mallow so long due to the reaction he had to a single vote, which allowed for a lot of supporting of his lynch, making it easier on you to simply nitpick at him to try to garner the rest of the support needed to lynch him.
So basically (forgive me if I paraphrase this incorrectly), you think I'm scum because mallow had a scummy reaction to a vote on him and I'm trying to lynch him because I think he's scum, as opposed to voting for you because you've been almost as useless as him in this game (the only difference being that you overreacted to be threatened with a vote, whereas he overreacted to getting one vote, and you at least decided to give a reasonable explanation for your vote [the first one you've made in the game so far, wtf btw] before you made it). If it really makes you feel better I'll vote for you, but I'm not convinced you're scum.
No, I think you're scum because you lucked into an easy case to push without looking too scummy, and have clung to it for what I feel is too long, with better cases (mine included) presenting itself.
XScorpion wrote:Also what happened to this?
ghost wrote:However, Mallow, you damn sure aren't helping anything by all of this. Either actually defend yourself, start listing FoS's that aren't seemingly only based on OMGUS, or kindly announce that you are mafia and give up the correct way instead of this floundering that has me thinking you as town rather than mafia.
Was his claim really that effective at convincing you he is town? Why are you so ready to believe him?
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah it was. I had been on the fence about him before the claim, as is shown in that very quote, where I mention "floundering town". The claim made me place him as town. For one, it's altogether too scummy to be a safe-claim. However, when coupled with the link that, I believe, Jason, provided when she was mentioning the claim as scummy, it shows that, in the video game, his role is more town-oriented, as he becomes a helper of the GhostBusters, albeit a reluctant one.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

XScorpion wrote:If he flips scum, then my interpretation of what he said would be correct, would it not?

No, even if he flips scum (WIFOM here) it is still a misrep of what was said. Allignment has nothing to do with misrepping someones words.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Starbuck (as town) got lynched in my other game which just ended for this same stupid argument. While I agree that this spot needs more participation, it is null.

sotty: Do you feel we should lynch a lurker today (since 2 are on your main suspect list) To me, lynching lurkers D1 proves unhelpful especially given a town flip, as the interactions to go off of are limited. Also you are right, I forgot to follow up on BC. I shifted my focus to mallow. Looking at one game, BC seemed erratic and emotional as town so it's null in retrospect.

GW: I do tend to discuss playstyle ad nauseum D1 just to get a feel of how people approach scum-hunting. For me, it helps when looking back to see certain motivations or reasoning for scum-hunting.

I'm still good with lynching mallow. I still really find that helpless woe is me reaction to one vote really telling, and his claim just seems off. In a way it makes sense since mass roleblock could equate to Peck's constant attempts to shut down the Ghostbusters. But I cannot see it being town-aligned.
Coach Travis wrote:Alright,, I realize I've spent way too much time on the defensive, so now I'll give my thoughts on some players, and recent stuff.
Something doesn't sit right with me about this. Almost seems like you are vocalizing you realize you are looking scummy, so you should start scum-hunting.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by XScorpion »

For one, it's altogether too scummy to be a safe-claim.
There it is again. Why does everyone insist on defending people by saying they're too scummy to be scum?
Has anyone also considered the possibility that he's scum and was given a fake-claim?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

XScorpion wrote:
For one, it's altogether too scummy to be a safe-claim.
There it is again. Why does everyone insist on defending people by saying they're too scummy to be scum?
Has anyone also considered the possibility that he's scum and was given a fake-claim?

or just made one up... though if he were scum, why would he not say he could block scum kills? I believe the claim... I think. I do not see any scum motives in the claim. If he was scum, he would lie and say he could block the kill.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”