Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Budja »

@mallow, you didn't show much conviction that Jack was scum when he claimed a guilty on you. Why the change?
Llama wrote:Besides, the 'summary' of your argument was meant more for humorous purposes than serious ones. [...] [switchs vote]
^ scum
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Jack »

I'm feeling pretty good about llama as scum.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

mallowgeno wrote:The reason I think Jack is scum is because of the way he keeps posting. He keeps changing his vote and he's not really giving any reasons for his changes. Also he claimed a cop that got a guilty on me, which shouldn't be possible.
"Shouldn't"?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

budja wrote:
llama wrote: Besides, the 'summary' of your argument was meant more for humorous purposes than serious ones. [...] [switchs vote]

^ scum
^ scum

Do you see how completely unhelpful that is?

@Coug: And yet they were there. The first one is crap, but I'd say being overly defensive is a scum thing to do.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Flameaxe wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:The reason I think Jack is scum is because of the way he keeps posting. He keeps changing his vote and he's not really giving any reasons for his changes. Also he claimed a cop that got a guilty on me, which shouldn't be possible.
"Shouldn't"?
It could only be possible if I am a miller, he's paranoid, or he's insane. Or of course if he's scum, which I think he is
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Raivann »

Blackberry wrote:
I am leaving my vote on Jack until he answers my question or he is replaced. Him being uncooperative is not going to help us at all and it's hard to get a read on him. It's really pissing me off.

POROCHAZ:

Is it possible to get Jack replaced on the fact he isn't being cooperative, and being uncooperative works against one's win condition either way, thus, he is not playing by the rules and working towards his win condition.
Could this be bussing/distancing ?

I got a crazy theory...

Blackberry votes Jack and pretends to be mad at him and hopes llama wagon loses steam.
And once Llama got 4 votes he makes a distancing vote on Jack.
I feel there is something off with llama's vote and Blackberry's replacement request in regards to Jack.
So to wrap up my crazy theory, the scumteam is- Llamaeatataco, Blackberry, Jack.

I'm gonna reread thread with this POV...
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by xvart »

Fishythefish, 140 wrote:I think that trying to be liked is a weak scumtell.
I don't really know what you mean by "concocting cases". I think it's far too broad a phrase for me to answer that question meaningfully. IMO, making a weak case in the RVS isn't scummy at all;
making a case based on a nulltell in order to vote on a big bandwagon is far scummier
than trying to be liked.
Creating weak cases (but still based on scumtells of some magnitude) to avoid the RVS is far better at provoking discussion and reaction than the RVS in my experience. I've done this a lot in my games (probably more the more recently you look), and I think it makes the start of the game go faster and more productively. I don't have specific cases up my sleeve for how it's affected the rest of the day or game; I suggest you look into my history if you want to. I can't see why it would be better to cast a random vote than a not-quite-random vote.
Bolded emphasis mine.
I agree that trying to be liked is a slight scumtell; however, I don't think a good barometer of wanting to be liked is smiley frequency. Regarding the "concocted-ness" of your early game case, you gave me the impression that you don't like to random vote so you extend the parameters for a solid case to be more loose, so your vote isn't simply random. You said you weren't surprised that someone might think your vote was concocted (maybe contrived is a better word?). The bolded above is exactly why I voted for you in the first place; you created a case that was based on a nulltell (in my opinion, as described above).

Unvote

Blackberry, 144 wrote:
Budja
- in all your other games you are prone to making smiley faces quite often, yet you haven't made a single one this game (however, you've done this as mafia as well in the past, so I can't really make anything of it except you lost your emotions ;)) - and the thing that yall refer to as a "secret scumtell" Budja has done in the past as a town. However, I still want you to give more of yourself. Something about you makes me think you are mafia.
Dudes; I swear to god if there is more of this smiley face indicates such and such alignment I'm going to lose it. And talking about smiley face meta? Seriously?
Blackberry, 195 wrote:
POROCHAZ:

Is it possible to get Jack replaced on the fact he isn't being cooperative, and being uncooperative works against one's win condition either way, thus, he is not playing by the rules and working towards his win condition.
Do you really think Prozac is going to force replace someone under those conditions you describe? I think this is ludacris and I don't believe your intentions are genuine as described.

Vote: Blackberry

Blackberry, 150 wrote:
Yes and No

My strategy was make myself vulnerable, see who attacks me as an "easy target" and make judgments from there. Although I think I did accomplish making me look vulnerable, no one actually attacked me for what I expected them to attack me for (the non-conforming thing).

I did not set a deliberate of a trap as I have in the past (I would refer to it as a reaction test, trap makes it sound like it is only meant for mafia, where in this case, it is meant to see who will jump the gun early enough and make accusations, who I suspect would be mafia).
Did you expect anyone in particular to attack you or just scum in general? Can you point me to a completed game where you set a trap? Please link directly to the post where you set the trap and then where you exposed the results of your trap.
Budja, 151 wrote:Jack can be annoying but annoying != scummy. Bad vote.
In the few games I've played with Jack I've found the more annoying Jack is the more town he is likely to be.
Jack, 161 wrote:
Anon wrote:you really think people are that stupid, jack?
Some of them.
@Jack - who do you think is that stupid?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Jack »

No one in particular. Just in general. Like that woman in my hometown who robbed a candy store (taking just candy mind you). Filled the stroller and fled. Police found her by following the trail of wrappers.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Raivann »

lmao!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Raivann wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
I am leaving my vote on Jack until he answers my question or he is replaced. Him being uncooperative is not going to help us at all and it's hard to get a read on him. It's really pissing me off.

POROCHAZ:

Could this be bussing/distancing ?

I got a crazy theory...

Blackberry votes Jack and pretends to be mad at him and hopes llama wagon loses steam.
I feel there is something off with llama's vote and Blackberry's replacement request in regards to Jack.
So to wrap up my crazy theory, the scumteam is- Llamaeatataco, Blackberry, Jack.

Seriously? Why jump straight to bussing in this situation? As far as I can see everything Berry said was completely true. He's barely being helpful in this game. Nothing he does in my mind that seems show that he is trying to help the town at all. If someone is uncooperative in this game, it is up to members of the game to get something out of him. How does a vote not accomplish this?

Of course Prozac most likely won't do anything about it, but at least someone here is trying to cut his act short. I don't see anything wrong with at least asking, let alone grasping at a fairly flimsy straw.

And then we get a self-described crazy theory. Of course, by crazy theory I refer to even more grasping at straws, flimsier straws at that.
- First off, your order of events isn't even correct. Llama voted Jack before Berry did.
- Berry's original vote was for the reason of (as of page 6):
Berry 145 wrote:Jack still has not answered my question, and I want that question answered.
and remains as of page 8:
Berry 195 wrote:I am leaving my vote on Jack until he answers my question or he is replaced.
That still screams pressure vote in my opinion. Jack's attitude in this game certainly hasn't helped this cause either. I agree, very scummy to try and get information out of unresponsive and unhelpful players.
- Hypotheticals don't really help out in this situation, nor does it help your case.
- I can't help but notice that this entire post really doesn't give anything concrete against anyone. It's a bunch of stated opinions with absolutely nothing to back them up.

Your posts in this game can be summed up by:
-Stupid smiley argument.
-Giving us useless meta's that essentially help no one.
-Jumping on a wagon and calling people flailing.
-Calling me scum for no reason, and never mentioning it again.
-Bringing crazy hypothetical theories to the table, that seem to forget that person you called scum only a few pages prior.

Not to mention some nice lurking between the smiley argument and the meta's. You spark a discussion, don't commit to the statements you made with a vote, and drift out of the spotlight while fishy took any heat from llama, and to a lesser extent myself. Once the wagon got pushed in Llama's direction, you made your mediocre return to hop with the cool kids on that wagon. But that wasn't enough! You continued to also claim a theory that described Llama's scumbuddies, and the little distancing triangle they apparently have. Your last post seemed to have zero merit whatsoever in my mind, and it has pushed my opinion far enough for me to say...

I found a place to vote!
Vote: Raivann

Dear Jack, it almost seems to me like you aren't really taking this game very seriously. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't, but it isn't showing if you do care about it at all. If that changed, that would be great.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Edit: Last post being the theory post.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Also, fucked up my quotes. Deal.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Questions of veracity aside, that's pretty funny.

I was just starting to miss Xvart. I take it you got good meds?
raivann wrote:Blackberry votes Jack and pretends to be mad at him and hopes llama wagon loses steam.

Good luck with that. I mean, that might almost make sense if you take those two actions completely out of context...

More rage at flameaxe for making me click twice.

I want to see Raivann's response to FA's post. Like, a lot.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Sorry. More rage at myself for not hitting preview. >_<
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

A question to everyone in this thread: Do you believe Jack's claim?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:A question to everyone in this thread: Do you believe Jack's claim?
The daycop claim?
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Raivann »

I was first on llama with my case and my vote!

Ok reread is done.
I really, really like Llama and Blackberry as scumbuddies. I'll buy dinner if I'm wrong.
But not so much Jack as 3rd scum, that is Flameaxe.

Blackberrys implosion and Flameaxes misreads and recent vote seal it.

Let's do this. I'll go get a rope.

Llama you're up first.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Raivann »

Flameaxe wrote:Not to mention some nice lurking between the smiley argument and the meta's. You spark a discussion, don't commit to the statements you made with a vote, and drift out of the spotlight...

It's called THE WEEKEND!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Raivann wrote:I was first on llama with my case and my vote!

Ok reread is done.
I really, really like Llama and Blackberry as scumbuddies. I'll buy dinner if I'm wrong.
But not so much Jack as 3rd scum, that is Flameaxe.

Blackberrys implosion and Flameaxes misreads and recent vote seal it.

Let's do this. I'll go get a rope.

Llama you're up first.
I would be lying if I wasn't completely expecting this exact post. Way to be wishywashy bucko. I love my vote now.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Raivann wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Not to mention some nice lurking between the smiley argument and the meta's. You spark a discussion, don't commit to the statements you made with a vote, and drift out of the spotlight...

It's called THE WEEKEND!
Its called MY POINT IS STILL VALID.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Raivann »

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:A question to everyone in this thread: Do you believe Jack's claim?
No, I thought he was trying to get mallow to slipup. Looked like scumhunting to me.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Jack »

Flamaxe is looking scummy.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Jack wrote:Flamaxe is looking scummy.
Helpful as always.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Jack »

Flameaxe wrote:
Jack wrote:Flamaxe is looking scummy.
Helpful as always.
poisoning the well
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Flameaxe wrote:
The daycop claim?
Yes

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”