Newbie 989 - Dead Serious Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Trendall »

Word
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Mr Nobody »

Rioku, are you voting for Trendall for making posts but not adding much content? If it was just for lurking, there have been others doing that.
1.) You saw it as an out? He did it much later. If he was was trying to use it as an out, he would've done it in his explaining post, or a post earlier than the one he voted in.
Er, I don't quite understand this.

Fos: Rioku

Yes, I'm already voting for you but that wasn't for much reason. I find your attack on Trendall a little scummy.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by ScramblesTheDeathDealer »

Mr Nobody wrote:
1.) You saw it as an out? He did it much later. If he was was trying to use it as an out, he would've done it in his explaining post, or a post earlier than the one he voted in.
Er, I don't quite understand this.
Yeah, I could've said that a little more clearly. Sorry. Basically, what I was saying is, if he was trying to use his random vote as an out, he would've voted earlier than he did.
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Espeonage »

UNVOTE: Rioku
VOTE: STDD

I already made mention of a FoS so that has some weight here. Now this isn't really all that strong of a case but in addition to what I previously said you are now buddying up to Trendall and defending him when he should be doing that himself. SE's should know better than to do that, especially this early when there is little case that needs defending.
Don't @ me.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Espeonage wrote:UNVOTE: Rioku

I already made mention of a FoS so that has some weight here. Now this isn't really all that strong of a case but in addition to what I previously said you are now buddying up to Trendall and defending him when he should be doing that himself. SE's should know better than to do that, especially this early when there is little case that needs defending.
Are you trying to call me and Trendall scum buddies?
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:54 pm

EBWOP:
Obviously you aren't, as yous tated "this isn't really all that strong of a case." What I meant to say was "Are you tyring to imply that Trendall and I could be scum buddies?"
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by Espeonage »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:EBWOP:
Obviously you aren't, as yous tated "this isn't really all that strong of a case." What I meant to say was "Are you tyring to imply that Trendall and I could be scum buddies?"
Nope. I'm saying you are trying to buddy up with Trendall. As in you are trying to get on town Trendall's good side so that he wont attack you. It is a common scum tactic.
Don't @ me.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:47 pm

To both Rioku and Nobody:
What are your opinions on Esp's vote against me?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Trendall »

Espeonage wrote: you are now buddying up to Trendall and defending him when he should be doing that himself.
What? I
was
defending myself.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:35 am

Post by Espeonage »

I didn't mean to say you weren't. I'm saying he was also defending you.
Don't @ me.
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:05 am

Post by RandomMaster »

Frankly, I have to agree with STDD's rebuttal against Rioku's case agaisnt Trendall. One person who doesn't vote during RVS isn't scummy at all. Even at that, why not vote funkyzafara? He didn't put up a vote in his first post. I voted for Trendall to get a random vote in and have a half-baked "reason" for the vote. It doesn't work when you say "random.org told me so". You seem to put an actual vote for that reason, and I clearly don't see it worthy for a non RVS vote.

Espeonage, why do you think Trendall is town?

Apart from that, I don't see anything else. It's too early to get some solid tells, IMO.

Unvote: Trendall
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:01 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to get on for two days.

@RandomMaster-I think using random.org for rvs is a legit use. It is RANDOM after all. I think we're now exiting this stage though because of some disputes.
@STDD-As Esp said, a newbie would probably buddy up, regardless of town or mafia. However SE's should know better. I'm not voting you yet, but your needle is turning toward the scum side.
@Riouku-There's no law in mafiascum where you must vote in the RVS stage. You may think you have a case on Trendall, but I don't think you do.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Espeonage »

Did I say I thought Trendall was town? All I said was that I have no reason to see him as scum yet.

@ Mallow:
1. I'm crying inside
2. SE is just someone that has played more games. At least he has played three which really isn't alot.
Don't @ me.
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:24 am

Post by RandomMaster »

Espeonage wrote:Nope. I'm saying you are trying to buddy up with Trendall. As in you are trying to
get on town Trendall's good side
so that he wont attack you. It is a common scum tactic.
It's bolded.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:To both Rioku and Nobody:
unvote: Rioku

Vote: Scrambles

I've had suspicions for some time now, but had decided to stick with where I was not feeling the time was right. Maybe I should have done this earlier.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Espeonage »

RandomMaster wrote:
Espeonage wrote:Nope. I'm saying you are trying to buddy up with Trendall. As in you are trying to
get on town Trendall's good side
so that he wont attack you. It is a common scum tactic.
It's bolded.
Ok IC moment here.

Throughout this site you will se many people refer so town so and so or scum so and so. What people mean when they say this is that should player X be town then this applies. Or vice versa for scum soandso.

What I am saying in my post is that if Trendall is Town then what I am saying holds true from what I can see.

Get me?
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Espeonage »

Mr Nobody wrote:
ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:To both Rioku and Nobody:

I've had suspicions for some time now, but had decided to stick with where I was not feeling the time was right. Maybe I should have done this earlier.
You gonna provide some reasoning with that?
Don't @ me.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:29 am

Espeonage wrote:Nope. I'm saying you are trying to buddy up with Trendall. As in you are trying to get on town Trendall's good side so that he wont attack you. It is a common scum tactic.
Honestly, I think it's a touch hypocritical you call me out on 'trying to get on his good side.'
Espeonage wrote:Mr. Nobody is town.
You seem hell'a sure. I know you explained
why
you said this, but, please see this entire post.
Espeonage wrote:
Rioku243 wrote: Ok this is one thing I was timid about teaching. I have had many idscussions about the true reasons
why RVS works so well
I have always held the opinion that RVS is designed to build pressure so that information can come out at a good and healthy rate
How does this happen?
Pressure
RVS: Pressure. Pressure creates information, this is done by wagons. I created a wagon.
Espeonage wrote:@ Mr.N: Yeah he did start one but the execution of it was different and as such you got the tick of approval while he didn't.
You approve of
his
wagon... but not mine? I thought RVS was all about getting pressure on people.
Espeonage wrote:3) Makes me uneasy. RVS doesn't mean you can go around putting your votes wherever willy nilly. The RVS has a purpose. To gain info.
YO DAWG, I HERD U LIEK MIXIN UP YO WORDS, SO WE SWITCHED SUM WORDS IN UR WORDS SO U CAN MESS UP WHILE U DONT MAKE SENSE.
Or, in other words:
But...gaining info is done by putting on pressure. This is done by votes or wagons, as I've said earlier. You don't want me to put pressure on anyone?
Espeonage wrote:VOTE: Rioku
Mr Nobody wrote:
Vote: Rioku243
An Espeonage and Mr Nobody wagon.
Also, to rest my case:
Espeonage wrote:UNVOTE: Rioku
Mr Nobody wrote:

Yet another Esp 'n' Nobody wagon.

Now, I think one of two things as of this game so far. At the point we're at, Mr Nobody has done nothing too scummy but jump on bandwagons and make up reasons to try and satisfy everyone (to be honest, I'm not 100% sure how the term is used, but I believe that is WIFOM). Because of this,
Unvote.

Aside from this, I do not like Esp's play so far. I couldn't stress anymore that this **isn't** OMGUS, but what I feel is necessary.
VOTE: Espeonage.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Rioku243 »

I chose Trendall because, unlike Funky and Milk & Cookies, he did have more than one post. I considered it to be more under the "Active Lurking" that Esp described. I assumed that Trendall was still keeping up with the thread and posting when he thought it would keep his participation up. I was either right that he was keeping up with the thread, or we just have similar activity times because he posted around half an hour after my accusation.

I also found it weird that he decided not to randomly vote in one post but then a few posts later put in a nonrandom vote but using RVS logic such as mallow not having an avatar. I know that not everyone votes in RVS but those who do, usually do it in their first post and not in their 3rd post. It might not be a case, but I thought it was strange and deserved to be brought up.

I find Esp's vote on you legitimate mainly because you're probably the player he finds the scummiest right now. Just as Mr.Nobody finds you the scummiest (although I'm not sure why...). I find your defending Trendall slightly scummy. But I don't feel like it's worth my vote just yet. so
FoS: STDD
. I'm also not willing to lynch our IC yet as he will hopefully teach us a lot within the days. You trying to vote him could be seen as you trying to get rid of the help the newbies need.

If there's anything I missed I'll post later.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 am

Rioku243 wrote: I'm also not willing to lynch our IC yet as he will hopefully teach us a lot within the days. You trying to vote him could be seen as you trying to get rid of the help the newbies need.
Well, that's saddening, because their is a 14% chance our IC is scum. Greatest odds? Nope. I find him scummiest though, and I'm not entirely sure your opinions on him as you didn't address my points at all, but if you find anyone at all scummy enough, IC or not, you shouldn't be afraid to vote them.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Rioku243 »

I didn't mean to skip over your points but from I'm getting from them, Mr.Nobody is the one blindly following Esp. Why would you vote for Esp instead of Nobody since they are supposedly wagoning together?
Esp had a reason for voting you while Nobody didn't. I find the unexplained votes scummier than explained votes. I know you said you don't find Nobodies actions scummy but why not? What I still feel as an over reaction to an early OMGUS accusation, then he vanishes until the heats off of him only to follow Esp again. Esp also called Nobody out and asked for reasoning. I don't think he would bring it to attention if they were scum buddies or anything. If anything, it looks like Nobody's trying to buddy up to Esp.
I understand that there's a 14% chance he's scum but I feel that there's more for us newbies to learn and he could benefit us if alive. No matter his win condition, he's still here to help newbies learn the game, which would benefit everyone.
Could you please elaborate on what you think is hypocritical about his saying you were defending Trendall? Is it because he told everyone that Nobody's town? I'm trying to understand but some clarification would help.

Also can you give me your opinion on my choice of Trendall instead of M&C or funky? You seemed to only comment on the stuff involving Esp instead of the explanation that iirc, you asked for.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Rioku243 »

@Mod: Can we have a vote count please?
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Rioku243 wrote:
1.)
No matter his win condition, he's still here to help newbies learn the game, which would benefit everyone.
2.)
Could you please elaborate on what you think is hypocritical about his saying you were defending Trendall? Is it because he told everyone that Nobody's town? I'm trying to understand but some clarification would help.

3.)
Also can you give me your opinion on my choice of Trendall instead of M&C or funky?
4.)
You seemed to only comment on the stuff involving Esp instead of the explanation that iirc, you asked for.
Ookey.
1.) I understand this, but the objective of Mafia is to win, not to let the IC control the game.
2.) Yuss, gladly. He called me out on defending Trendall whom I don't think has done anything scummy, even though he was glorifying Nobody's "town"-ness. This also brings me back to the wagon point. He didn't care when Nobody started a wagon, but he did when I started a wagon. He seemed to be letting Nobody fly under the radar until
Espeonage wrote:
Mr Nobody wrote:

You gonna provide some reasoning with that?
I think he started to notice that Mr Nobody was starting to look MOAR SOOSPICIOUS. This can be one of four things. A) Esp is scum, and trying to call out Noscumby, to make himself look less suspicious. B) Esp is scum, and trying to call out Notownie. C) Esp is town, and trying to call out Nobody Town, or D) Esp is town, and trying to call out Nobody scum. I believe it's A or B.
3.) I don't approve of your Trendall vote. As I said before, I don't think he's done anything scummy. I can't elaborate on Milk or funky, because they haven't contributed ANYTHING, nor have I seen them online.
4.) Yes. My case mainly is against Nobody and Esp right now, mainly Esp. Also, I only really wanted Nobody's response. I felt if I specifically asked him, and he
is
scum, he would have responded differently. Therefore, I asked you for your feelings too, in hopes I could get the response I did - him hopping on Esp's "Scrambles. Scrambles the uh..... the Death... Dealer" wagon.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok my town read on Nobody was purely based on post style not on actions. Yeah his actions have been sub par but I am attempting to rectify that by asking him to give resoning for votes. Other than that I don't really see the case on me.

Now STDD. You try to bring up that you started a wagon. That is all well and good but that wasn't why I thought you were scummy. Yeah I gave you a FoS. You should be paying closer attention to the post where I actually voted you and my case there.
Don't @ me.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

I can never get a good read on ICs because they devote themselves to helping everyone which may lure newbies into a reading them as town. I'm not saying you're mafia Espeonage, I'm just saying that if you are, you won't fool me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”