Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

tumescence wrote:Also, it would help me if some of you ask me a few questions and direct my attention towards some issues you think are important.
Beefster you have a good point.

tumescence, you need to post more and build your own cases. WE WILL NOT SPOONFEED YOU DAMMIT.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:22 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

hi guys, prod post. Just so you know, I'll have limited access for the next week or so, my family is doing day vacationy stuff around where we live starting today.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Beefster »

@SV: Thanks for pointing that one out. Didn't notice that one in this mass of posts.

[aside]Think about it. If everyone was active (in a perfect world), there should be a post or two from every player on every page- as there are 18 players and 25 posts per page. And think about it, lurking is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy- if you post more often, you don't have to read as much between posts- where if you post less often, you have to read more between posts and will want to post less.[/aside]
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by AGar »

Beefster wrote:Eh. Opportunistic isn't really the right word. I probably should have just gone with his post seeming odd to me, as well as seeing a possible connection with tumescence. I tend to get too caught up in providing good reasons.

But seriously, why hasn't anyone talked about tumescence?
I'm not big on the LALurker policy. Not really my thing. My best suggestion is that if it really becomes a problem, we take advantage of the BaM ruleset and if she doesn't post, we don't ask for a prod and let her get modkilled. Why waste a lynch?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Zajnet »

I'm really starting to see tumescene as much scummier than I did before. I've been busy, or I would have a better case laid out.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by tumescence »

Just skimmed the posts... will post tonight, hopefully with an ISO too.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Beefster »

@AGar: it's not the lurking that makes tumescence scummy. It's the town read that he pulled out of nowhere. It seems like something a noob would do, which is odd considering he's been around since 2008...
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Enigma »

StrangerCoug wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:am I not allowed to hop a wagon in a large game to add pressure to said suspect?
Enigma wrote:Only if you provide reasonable doubt as to why you are.
I fail to make sense out of the second post. Explain.
You need to provide a solid reason/opinion as to why you think said player is scummy before voting them.

Anyways I would like to see to a lynch before the deadline, preferably not me.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

So the "reasonable doubt" is reasonable doubt that the votee is town, is that right?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:34 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Hello Ninja Mafia Boogaloo peoples!

Right now, with very limited time remaining on the deadlinometer, we need a lynch. If you are not voting for any of the three vote getters (ConfidAnon, Enigma, or Shattered Viewpoint) or the 4 vote getter (Zajnet) then please do so now.

My lynch preference at this time is:

ConfidAnon, Zajnet, Enigma, then Shattered Viewpoint.

ConfidAnon and Zajnet have one thing in common, they vote for a leading wagon constantly, and there is little in the way of scumhunting. Add to it, Confid's appeal for aid bothers me.
Zajnet wrote:
Zorblag wrote:@Zajnet, it's interesting that you'd notice Paltry Excuse had posted but (apparently, given your first post) not AGar.
I had noticed that AGar had posted, and actually I was jokingly responding to his semi-V/LA status. It was random, befitting of the RVS.
This post is a bit disturbing as well. There seems to be a lot of thought for something so befitting of RANDOM. Something reads eerie to me. Secondly, the recent response without prod despite having limited time to post anything against tumescence or even his reflections on an ISO of Zorblag are disturbing.

Enigma still hurts when it comes to his early game, but he actually did follow through on some content. Scummy? Yes, but there seem to be others just as scummy who could be more of a detriment to town anyways.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Zajnet »

VOTE: ConfidAnon

We need a lynch before deadline.

I can't believe I'm being called scummy for a jokingly random vote, and posting to say I've been busy without being prodded.

On ISO I realized why I haven't been seeing tumescence as scummy before, he just starting posting lol.
I really don't like how he tries to clear silverbullet so quickly. It seems like they're either scumbuddies, or tumescence is trying to buddy up with a townie.

On ISO of Zorblag, I see that he hasn't really said much other than slightly attack me for RVS nonsense, some setup discussion, and railing on the lurkers. Nothing really stands out as terribly scummy, but nothing startlingly pro-town, either.
My GTKAS
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:49 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zajnet wrote:I can't believe I'm being called scummy for a jokingly random vote,
You've gone from saying your reasoning is gut plus a "weird unvote thingy" (the reason I voted you in the first place) to saying that your vote was completely random. That's not the same thing.

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

GOOD FREAKING CRAP. I mention Zajnet twice now and he comes. Zajnet, on that alone, you're creeping past ConfidAnon. You were voting for one of the 4 wagonees (SV) and then you switch off using "we need a lynch" as an excuse. Bad bad bad.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Gammagooey »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Right now, with very limited time remaining on the deadlinometer, we need a lynch. If you are not voting for any of the three vote getters (ConfidAnon, Enigma, or Shattered Viewpoint) or the 4 vote getter (Zajnet) then please do so now.
This needs to happen, we have 3 days left. If you fine gentle-whatevers been paying any attention you should know who out of those I want lynched most.

Mod: Vote Count please?
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Zajnet »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Zajnet wrote:I can't believe I'm being called scummy for a jokingly random vote,
You've gone from saying your reasoning is gut plus a "weird unvote thingy" (the reason I voted you in the first place) to saying that your vote was completely random. That's not the same thing.
I was referring to my vote on AGar, not SV.

@Paltry: If you look in my other active games, I haven't posted in a couple days, and I posted in most/all of them last night and today. It has nothing to do with you referring to me. Also, I changed my vote to ConfidAnon because I find him scummier than SV, and now Confid has 5 votes, and we are closer to not nolynching because of the deadline.
My GTKAS
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by AGar »

Beefster wrote:@AGar: it's not the lurking that makes tumescence scummy. It's the town read that he pulled out of nowhere. It seems like something a noob would do, which is odd considering he's been around since 2008...
Ok, I see that then.

PE, I think you're overreacting to Zaj just a bit. He moved his vote to push a wagon forward, which is somewhat scummy, yes, but we do need the votes to move forward, and he'd be getting the same reaction, if not more negatively, if he self-voted.

SC is either misreading or misrepresenting here. And the iso shows me I'm suspicious of SC. Very cleverly masking most of his posts, but most of them have either been theory discussion or provoking players for scumtells that aren't really scumtells. Dodging questions isn't really as scummy as you made it out to be. It can be scummy in context, but in this case, the questions were all but useless and answering them or not really isn't indicative of alignment. Useless RQS questions and the responses are about as useful of a dice random vote and the follow up. Beefster received FoSes twice, once for "modkill fishing" (no sense of humor, obviously) and once for "fallacious behavior" because Beefster didn't believe that a scumtell was a scumtell and had never seen it and he said thus.

His mentioning of there being a ninja and a roleblocker really struck me as odd, because I didn't see the connection between the posts he was quoting and the result, and he has yet to elaborate on this. He is making suspicions based on a certain part of the setup existing, and openly admits to thus.

I'm confident in my vote on ConfidAnon, and plan on sticking it there, but SC is getting major looks right now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zajnet wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
I was referring to my vote on AGar, not SV.
And my vote on you has
NOTHING
to do with AGar. Sorry, but the "jokingly random vote" isn't the sole case on you.
AGar wrote:SC is either misreading or misrepresenting here. And the iso shows me I'm suspicious of SC. Very cleverly masking most of his posts,
Examples?
AGar wrote:but most of them have either been theory discussion or provoking players for scumtells that aren't really scumtells. Dodging questions isn't really as scummy as you made it out to be. It can be scummy in context, but in this case, the questions were all but useless and answering them or not really isn't indicative of alignment. Useless RQS questions and the responses are about as useful of a dice random vote and the follow up.
I still don't advocate the practice.
AGar wrote:Beefster received FoSes twice, once for "modkill fishing" (no sense of humor, obviously)
The operative word is "obviously". I
BLOW
at humor, so the clear lack of it is not a reliable tell on me.
AGar wrote:His mentioning of there being a ninja and a roleblocker really struck me as odd, because I didn't see the connection between the posts he was quoting and the result, and he has yet to elaborate on this. He is making suspicions based on a certain part of the setup existing, and openly admits to thus..
Enigma claimed that I knew that the only claim I'd be getting was that of vanilla townie, and 14 VT's requires a roleblocker+ninja combo. He did not take into account town claiming a PR until I pressured him on that point, and when he does, he goes into this spiel that it is not beneficial for town PR's to claim on Day 1. While we'd like for it not to happen, I would be very unhappy with town faking VT and losing us a good role. Unless the meta has changed since I became familiar with it, claiming VT is signing your death sentence for playing scummy.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by AGar »

@SC - Ok, understood. And the misinterpreting/misrepresenting thing was about Zaj asking why he's scummy for his random vote on me, then you mentioning his vote on SV. The claiming thing makes sense now. I was really fucking confused, to be honest.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

For some reason, I have a reputation for confusing the hell out of everybody. If you need something clarified, then say so, which you have. (Your case on me for FoS'ing Beefster for "fallacious behavior" is still valid, actually, especially since I didn't address it. Mostly because I saw the error of my ways, but still...)

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:11 am

Post by Zorblag »

I had life come up for a bit there. I'll catch up and post my thoughts later this morning (PDT). Sorry about that absence.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It's not lost on me that since the pressure has gone off Shattered he has merged into the background a lot more. He needs to get in here and post. However, I am now the lone vote on that player slot, people don't seem interested in lynching him so I am going to have to compromise. I'm taking a look at the leading wagons first that means ConfidAnon, Zajent and Enigma.

Reading though Confid's ISO I'm not getting a scummy read. He just seems a little lost at times. The scummiest thing he does is this little AtE about being suspected no matter what he does, which while isn't true, does strike me as genuine frustration. Yeah, my vote isn't going here, I have played with Confid before, I see nothing different in this game.

Zajent early ISO is just fill of fluff. His initial vote on Shattered comes with zero reasoning. Several posts later he says he is voting Shattered because “he is the scummiest player” Well that's nice, but why is he scummy to you? Moves his vote to Confid simply because “we need a lynch”. Little to no reasoning for his votes, extreme early fluff posting. I'm getting a strong scum read here.

Enigma hates RQS and yet answers the questions. Odd. Early theory talk coupled with the “I'm pretty sure I with hold my vote regardless of alignment” still gets me. Still like the catch up posts however, they win him some town points with me. Not liking the set up speculation both him and SC are engaging in but I think I see the point. Not willing to lynch Enigma today unless it is the only lynch that is going to happen.

From those three ISOs I read Zajent is easily the scummiest.

Unvote, Vote: Zajent

From my unofficial count that puts Zajent as the leading wagon with 5 votes.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Enigma »

I'm not convinced enough on Zajent to put a vote on him. I would like to see other people's thought on him before committing to a lynch. However I would like to see a lynch happen today regardless so ....

Also I just would like to say:
Smashbro_of_the_SSS is now playing/signed up for FIVE games in open games (that I can see) and in every game he is being prodded and barely posting anything of use.
While I'm not the best candidate to be critizing someone for null participation it is annoying me because I'm in half his games.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

What are your thoughts about Zajent Enigma?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

PaltryExcuse wrote:You're suspicious because you're saying things without really contributing. If I wanted to know the largest wagon at the time, I should read your ISO.

I officially now endorse a ConfidAnon wagon via AGar's observations.
And how is this not agreeing with AGar and following his suspicions? (The same thing that I am accused of doing.)
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Confid can be tomorrow.

Enigma today.
Why?
Sotty7 wrote:I have played with Confid before, I see nothing different in this game.
Hooray for consistent failage!

Keeping my vote on Zajnet because we need a lynch.

Also agree that tumescence is scummy, just iso'd him. tumescence, could you clarify more on your "town read" of silverbullet?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Enigma »

Zanjet ISO isn't terribly scummy to me. It's rather bland (fluff as so many of you would like to call it) but no where does it shout pro-town or scumscumscum. I just can't get a good read on him yet.

Based on the two ISO's available I'm more inclined to:
VOTE: ConfidAnon
-Bandwagon votes are much worse
-Question about how not to get voted
-Poor activity until being pressured (ironic no?)

Return to “Completed Open Games”