Newbie 985 Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

FakeGod (1): Abe27342
Zachrulez (3): DavidParker, Kalofer, tvellalott
tvellalott (2): Zachrulez, FakeGod
Kalofer (2): Nikanor, Zombeh-Pug

not voting: NashiNashi
alive: 9 majority: 5
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by NashiNashi »

In my hot little hands I twiddle
A piece of vote I fiddle
I want to mark but not to fumble
what should I write in the line in the middle?

Here, I'm not going to pay attention to YOUR votes but rather, convince me. Don't say "look at what I wrote before". Just convince me.
FakeGod. Should I vote for Zach, Tvellalott or Kalofer? Why should I not vote for you?
Zach. Should I vote for FakeGod, tvellalott or Kalofer? Why should I not vote for you?
Tvellalott. Should I vote for FakeGod, Zach or Kalofer? Why should I not vote for you?
Kalofer. Should I vote for FakeGod, Zach or Tvellalott?Why should I not vote for you?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Nashi wrote:I thought this degree of cluelessness is more likely to be a new town, as new scums would have an informed scum buddy who could coach him in private. Posts like #195 would've been asked in private if he's a scum IMO.
You know that scum can't talk during the day, right?

I've looked through Zach's posts and I can't see why he's the leading wagon.
Not taking an active teaching role and instead leading by example is actually more of a town trait, because teaching people would make him appear more pro-town. He seems a bit more active than normal, but other than that I just see normal Zachrulez.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by tvellalott »

NashiNashi: I've been very clear about my game plan up until now. The first 10-11 pages I was just throwing votes and FoSs in every direction, just to see who would take the bait. I then layed my analysis of the game on page 12 and clearly explained why I was voting for Zachrulez. I find his very quick OMGUS vote even more suspicious.
Don't vote for me, because there simply isn't a good reason to. Vote for whoever
you
think is most suspicious.
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by NashiNashi »

Nikanor

I am actually not aware of that, as the only other Mafia games I have played was free for all for the Mafia.

In that case, my sureness to Kalefer's town alignment took a good stumble, as that is my biggest reason for believe him to be town so far.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:41 am

Post by Kalofer »

Vote for whoever you want to Nashi, I really don't care. I could give you reasons why any one of these three people could be scum and reasons why they could not be scum, just like they could give reasons why I might be scum and reasons why I might not be scum. Besides I'm not going to act like Nik and ask you to vote for someone just because I think he's scum.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Kalofer »

tvellalott wrote:Ok, time to put some pressure on the person I think is acting very suspicious... DavidParker!
I love how you analysed everyone based on nothing but the fact that you omitted yourself reminds me of an old proverb...
"When you point the finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you!"
I think you're scum and you're gradually building up a false case against me in an attempt to get a townie lynched in the first round.
A clever play, but I see RIGHT through it, bud.

VOTE DavidParker
tvellalott wrote:I still stand my vote for you DavidParker. You've vote hopped off me because no one else was buying your ploy and now you're trying to build yet another false case. I say you talk too much.
tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE Kalofer
- You're very scummy my friend. I smell a rat!

FoS still on DavidParker
Hmmm, SOOO...
You obviously WANT Kalofer lynched...
In light of his more recent posts (including what was obviously a joke no mafia would make) I actually think he is newb-town and just not dealing with pressure well.
I voted for him because I thought he only had 2 votes and 3 seemed a good amount of pressure.
If I had kept my vote on him, it would have only taken one more for it to stick, which is why I removed it. I don't want someone I wasn't sure of getting lynched.
You're keeping your eye on me? Think I've been flying under the radar? Bollocks.
VOTE FakeGod

You're scummy as hell. I think you and DavidParker are partners.
tvellalott wrote:Two OMGUS votes? LMAO! I knew you two were scummy.
Zach: I've already explained twice how there is clearly a difference between "jumping on the bandwagon" and voting for someone because you think they're scummy. I explained why I voted for you. If I said it was because a magic 8-ball told me to (sorry Parker :P) then that would be one thing, but I find both your voting pattern and your conduct up to now scummy.
FakeGod: You're voting for me because you think I'm "jumping from wagon to wagon?"... Are you following this game? My first two votes were completely random. My third vote I immediately retracted because Kalofer has enough pressure for such little evidence.

I'm pretty sure you two are the scum pair.
tvellalott wrote:NashiNashi: I've been very clear about my game plan up until now. The first 10-11 pages I was just throwing votes and FoSs in every direction, just to see who would take the bait. I then layed my analysis of the game on page 12 and clearly explained why I was voting for Zachrulez. I find his very quick OMGUS vote even more suspicious.
Don't vote for me, because there simply isn't a good reason to. Vote for whoever
you
think is most suspicious.
That's it Tvell, you've just gone too far. At first I wanted to excuse your haphazardly gaming style as newb-town but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

VOTE: Tvellalot

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:49 am

Post by Kalofer »

tvellalott wrote:FakeGod: I did think Kalofer was very scummy, but then he posted a bit more and the things I thought were scummy about him were actually more likely due to being newb-town. I agree I haven't posted as much as some of the other players, but I do post regularly.
As for my own vote hopping, I am (look out DavidParker, I'm going to say it) just throwing pressure around, trying to see who cracks. I haven't really got any concrete theories on who is scum to be honest. I might go back and read the whole thread up to here and write a paragraph on everyone. I'm playing three other mafia games on another forum and they are much quicker than this one, so this is a bit slow. I've forgotten half the stuff thats happened.
Until then...
UNVOTE
*Puts FoS's away*
Observe how Tvell pressured David at the start and also observe his light-hearted attitude in doing so, there is the possibility that they could be scum partners as the light-hearted attitude suggests that he is not truly committed to his vote. Then suddenly "vote kalofer, you're very scummy my friend. I smell a rat", he said that as if I'm definitely scum but didn't give reasons as to why and then suddenly after I used my extravagant strategy to challenge people to lynch me there and then if they thought I was scum, he suddenly became convinced I'm a townie and that more than anyone else. At first I had thought that my strategy paid off but then after seeing more of him I'm more convinced that it's Nik's arcade game ploy. Then suddenly he's attacking and intimidating Fake, saying "you're scummy as hell". Then suddenly he randomly just quiets down, basically saying, "I don't know who's scum, I was just pressuring people randomly, I got nothing on nobody". Then suddenly it all gets heated up again "Two OMGUS votes? LMAO! I knew you two were scummy." And finally he's like "Don't vote for me, because there simply isn't a good reason to." You've accused 4/9 people of definitely being scum and then just change your votes, all the while accusing people of doing what you have been doing. You say "third person on the wagon is a sign of scum" even though you did it as soon as you told zach it was. Then you accuse Zach of wanting to lynch anyone, even though after what you've been doing you seem to want the same thing. And now you suddenly say don't vote for me because there simply isn't a reason for why you should. I mean of all the nerve, after your weird behaviour which you just explain as "I've got nothing on nobody and am just pressuring people" (which I don't consider a good explanation at all), you've got the nerve to say "there's no reason why anyone should vote for me"...you just need a little retrospect to notice that there actually is a reason. P.S. you start pointing FoS's everywhere, in every direction as if you're some nice innocent townie, but an FoS is worthless mainly because everyone is suspicious to a townie's eyes as no one knows who's who.

Something else I've noticed though is how everyone jumped on me for asking, I don't know who to vote for (which implies that someone should tell me so that I can be scum under the guise of an obedient townie, at least that's the reason you tok that question for a scumtell right?) but no one is seemingly paying attention to the fact that Nashi has right now done almost exactly the same thing by asking everyone who she should vote for.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Kalofer »

Oh sorry I forgot, UNVOTE: VOTE: Tvellalot

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 am

Post by DavidParker »

akajring fragogt shit ashfkr.g ;zach scurmq dfi3tnitly.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:14 am

Post by NashiNashi »

DavidParker wrote:akajring fragogt shit ashfkr.g ;zach scurmq dfi3tnitly.
David. I've read it twelve times and I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:19 am

Post by Kalofer »

I think he's trying to say Zach is definitely scum (in the second part at least) dunno what the first part means

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:52 am

Post by FakeGod »

I think he's trying to say that I'm the real god and you guys should worship me.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:55 am

Post by FakeGod »

NashiNashi wrote: FakeGod. Should I vote for Zach, Tvellalott or Kalofer?
Vote tvell. Have you seen my case against him?

Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:04 am

Post by Abe27342 »

I think it's (pardon his french) [something] faggot shit [something];Zach scum definitely.

Anyway, on to my analysis.
Kalofer: Seems to have cooled down to his playstyle in the beginning of the game, which is posts like #332 from what I've observed. Although he could be fooling me, I find him pro-town.

NashiNashi: Good analysis on page 12, providing thought for the discussion, I have no reason for suspicion (other than the natural suspicion of every play of course ;D)

DavidParker: What the hell? Very strange playing, and after his big analysis where he critiqued every one, all of his posts are just "oh i rubbed my magic 8 ball and it said you're scum!" and his most recent post is even more confusing. Being annoying (sorry, it's not quite disruptive, but it is pretty annoying) is well.. not something I believe we should lynch someone for on day 1, but I'll definitely be watching him (How can you not?). He's overall not suspicious, but I'm suspicious of him being suspicious. If that makes any sense.

Nikanor: Very quiet player. He lead the pressure on Kalofer, and hasn't contributed a lot for a while. Where are you? Also, I think his post a while back saying that Kalofer wanted to put pressure on the lynch while at the same time defending someone is looking into things too hard. I just saw a townie who wasn't sure of whether or not that person was scum. Whatchya been doing? how do you feel about all of the players?

Zombeh-Pug: Unfortunate that you had to take a v/la, as I'm still not sure about your thoughts about other players. To answer your question, I'm here, just been waiting to type up this analysis. No questions have been asked of me, so I figured to just type up my thoughts on all of the players in this game.

FakeGod: I'm not sure what to think of you. I believe that you have been dealing with pressure by semi-ignoring it in this game, which could be a townie not wanting to self-incriminate themselves, or it could be a scum not wanting to defend themselves so much that (as ZachRules said) their focus has been lost from 'scum-hunting'. I know for sure that my vote on you isn't getting anywhere for now though, so I'll make better use of it somewhere else.
Unvote: FakeGod

ZachRules: I'm not joining the bandwagon on you. I agree, IC status doesn't mean you should make everyone follow you as sheep. In fact, if you were scum, that would just ultimately screw all of the town players in the game over. You've answered all of the IC questions directed at you (I believe) and you post a lot with good content and intent to scum-hunt. I'm getting a decent town-read, at least for now.

Which brings me to... Tvellalot.
Tvellalot: My, my, my. Kalofer's analysis sums it up, but I have one thing to add: Even before you said third to vote on a bandwagon is a scumtell--which is absurd--you said this
[quote=tvellalot]Hmmm, SOOO...
In light of his more recent posts (including what was obviously a joke no mafia would make) I actually think he is newb-town and just not dealing with pressure well.
I voted for him because I thought he only had 2 votes and 3 seemed a good amount of pressure.

If I had kept my vote on him, it would have only taken one more for it to stick, which is why I removed it. I don't want someone I wasn't sure of getting lynched.
You're keeping your eye on me? Think I've been flying under the radar? Bollocks.
VOTE FakeGod
You're scummy as hell. I think you and DavidParker are partners.[/quote]
Heh. Yeah. right now you seem the most scummy candidate of everyone, but you're already at L-2 and I don't want to put you up to L-1 so hastily, or a scum could just hammer you if you are indeed town. But unless you defend yourself well, my vote will be on you.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Abe27342 »

Shit... broke the quotation. XP dang quotation marks. Here's what it should be:
tvellalot wrote:Hmmm, SOOO...
VOTE FakeGod
You're scummy as hell. I think you and DavidParker are partners.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:13 am

Post by DavidParker »

frk.

what im sayig. is zach is scum and we should kill him. i have nowledge beyond all your years nyongungs and that sya he scum. kthx.
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:27 am

Post by NashiNashi »

Mind to entertain us with your knowledge that isn't 8 ball related? I'm all ears, but you need to use Earth logic to communicate once in a while too.
NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:28 am

Post by NashiNashi »

And right now I am FoS Tvella at the most, Zach/David second.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 am

Post by FakeGod »

@DP: I'll let you in on a secret: I'm the one who controls that 8 ball. ;)

Abe, quit letting others do scumhunting for you.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Kalofer »

David, hasn't it made clear enough to you that you can't come waltzing in (yes, waltzing Matilda pun intended) telling us you're Jesus Christ himself without much proof. How can we believe someone we don't know?

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:47 am

Post by FakeGod »

Kalofer wrote:David, hasn't it made clear enough to you that you can't come waltzing in (yes, waltzing Matilda pun intended) telling us you're Jesus Christ himself without much proof.
well I'm FakeGod.......

Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

DavidParker wrote:akajring fragogt shit ashfkr.g ;zach scurmq dfi3tnitly.
What are you hoping to accomplish by posting some random message like this?

DavidParker wrote:frk.

what im sayig. is zach is scum and we should kill him. i have nowledge beyond all your years nyongungs and that sya he scum. kthx.
And why do you think I'll believe you have this knowledge if you use such bad grammar?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Hi Guys!

I'm back, and more coherent than ever.

I like the discussion that has been generated on day 1. With 5-6 days til deadline we need to start moving towards a hammer. What does this mean? It doesn't mean just bandwagoning, it means EVERYONE putting down your vote on who you find really scummy, or at least one of your top 2 or 3 suspects. Hopefully this will lead to a predominant wagon, and before we lynch that person we can get a claim.

With that all said, I almost am moving my vote to my other big scum read, but right now it's staying on Zach!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Reason: I will admit to tunneling him and focusing on him greatly. That has been because in all my newbie games IC's are always the hardest to read, they have 2 jobs, to teach and to win. Sometimes these two can conflict, other times they just make it impossible to read them. I think the way zach has reacted to me constantly painting him as scum is more likely to be a scum response than town response. With that said, everyone should vote for themselves, but you all NEED to vote now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”