vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:06 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Oh and major FOS on Seol and Falcone - Trying to start a pointless bandwagon?
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:21 pm

Post by Stewie »

Hmm... Right now I don't think it would be a bad idea to switch to vIQleS. I didn't think he would be a good lynch before, but his reaction to the posts by Falcone and Seol seems overly paranoid to me.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:39 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Commodore, why did you vote Seol? It seems so spur-of-the-moment...

As for Viqles,
vIQ wrote:When exactly did we start a vIQleS Bandwagon?
Well, ChocoCid cast the first vote on you. It's been revealed that he's not scum, which makes his votes honest and not just trying to avoid a lynch.
Last I checked I had one vote against me. And I haven't said anything scummy or suspicious...
Oh no?
124 wrote:I didn't have Stewie down as being suspicious, but if we're starting a bandwagon / role claim i'm happy to vote for stewie.
190 wrote:I'm willing to buy it for now tho, although i will be expecting one them to agree to be lynched later in the game to prove it....
108 wrote:...Has nightfall made any effort to clear himself yet? If he doesn't I will switch my vote to him...
bandwagon Vote: Stewie
Voting for people you don't find suspicious? Suggesting the lynch of a mason? Hopping from bandwagon to bandwagon just to get a lynch? Heaven forbid you get a few suspicious looks, given your relative inactivity and your suspicious posts when you are active. I can't blame you for wanting to lynch Nightfall-- He does seem pretty guilty. But you look guilty too. I'd vote you right here and now if it wasn't for post #134.
134 wrote:unvote
just in case none of us are Scum...
You unvote CC, even though the bandwagon is building up. This was even before he revealed his mason role. This is your ONLY saving grace in my eyes. Either you're a slipshod townie, or a very clever scum.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:57 pm

Post by vIQleS »

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best player... When I voted for stewie I had just read something that convinced me to put a scum point on him and I was willing to join a bandwagon to ensure that we avoid a no-lynch. Other people had more points but at this point in the game everyone is suspicious (except me.)

I'm willing to believe, for now, that CC is a mason, but falcone and seol seemed awfully quick to try and jump a vote up to a bandwagon... Especially falcone...

As to the chococid incident - I noticed that there were three more votes to lynch CC and as we hadn't had a role claim I decided to play it safe and unvote...

I would like to be the first to volunteer to be investigated tonight... You might not want to reveal the identity of the cop so soon, but then it might be worth the risk to reveal two innocents, i don't know... If not the info will come out later - I leave that up to the cop.
Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:19 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I'll believe you for now, though I diapprove of your cop-revealing idea. Of the people I'd like to see the alligience of, I'm most interested in Commodore Amazing, Nightfall, and Sineish. Either one of these three is a good candidate for a lynch in my opinion.

Vote: Nightfall

Now that there's time to defend yourself, I suggest you do so arduously.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Post by Nightfall »

What more, short of maybe a claim, would you want from me?
ussually I'm not overly against claiming, but with two masons already out in the open, it might not be the best option here.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:33 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

What more? How about explaining your votes, your suspicions, your reasons, and pointing out any of your previous actions that could possibly clear your name? I don't think you realize, but you're becoming eerily close to being the first lynch, yet your posts are abrupt and infrequent.

ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:06 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

ViQles, ordering the cop around is a scum tell.
[url=http://www.rpgelite.net]RPG Elite[/url] (777) Dragoon Choco-Mage: ChocoCid
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:26 pm

Post by Nightfall »

mikeburnfire wrote:What more? How about explaining your votes, your suspicions, your reasons, and pointing out any of your previous actions that could possibly clear your name? I don't think you realize, but you're becoming eerily close to being the first lynch, yet your posts are abrupt and infrequent.
Nightfall wrote:
Falcone wrote: Nightfall remains my top suspect, and I invite him to give a defense.
What kind of defense are you looking for?
I can tell you that I'm town, but that really means nothing in terms of a defence right?

My vote on Stoofer, it was a gut vote, but any gut fealing has to be started by something, and the reasons I gave for voting him were the best I could gather.

As for my lurking, I have been pretty busy lately, but with every game I still like to post a fair amount to show that I am not purposely trying to avoid the spotlight. As many of you can probably vouche for me, I ussually post quite a bit about what I think. The problem with this game though is that, I don't see either the past case against Choco, or the current case against Stewie as being that strong, or really having much of anything I can say about them.

Also a good deal of people seem to be saying that they would rather gamble a little and vote me to have a lynch at deadline, instead of going with a no lynch. But wouldn't it make more sense to extend the deadline a little?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:05 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

(Re-read of viQleS contribution to this game + the scum tell quoted below) x rapidly approaching deadline =
vote: viQleS

vIQleS wrote:I would like to be the first to volunteer to be investigated tonight... You might not want to reveal the identity of the cop so soon, but then it might be worth the risk to reveal two innocents, i don't know... If not the info will come out later - I leave that up to the cop.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:22 pm

Post by vIQleS »

ChocoCid wrote:ViQles, ordering the cop around is a scum tell.
Really?

I wasn't ordering anyone one around... I want to be investigated, if he chooses to do so he can use that information as and when he pleases...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:20 pm

Post by ibaesha »

FOS: vIQleS
To state why would be repetative as the reasons have already been stated by others. I still find Nightfall suspicious enough to leave my vote on him for now, but if I were to change it, it would be to vIQleS.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:17 am

Post by Seol »

vIQleS wrote:
Seol wrote: My current feeling is that neither Nightfall or Stewie deserve lynching - I'd prefer to lynch viqLes or Commodore. On the other hand, I'd rather lynch Nightfall or Stewie than go no-lynch.
Falcone wrote:I would agree with a viQLes lynch today. I reread CA's posts and I don't know what to think about them. There are some things that made me go "hmmm...", but nothing that stands out really. Stewie doesn't seem like a good lynch to me.
Nightfall remains my top suspect, and I invite him to give a defense.
Hang on...

When exactly did we start a vIQleS Bandwagon?

Last I checked I had one vote against me.
We hadn't. That was my point, that neither of the bandwagons looked particularly scummy, so instead I looked for other people I considered scummy. Just because there isn't a bandwagon yet, though, doesn't mean you've got a free pass.
viQleS wrote:And I haven't said anything scummy or suspicious...
Well, obviously I beg to differ, although I hadn't got round to citing it yet.
viQleS wrote:If there is a mafia - i'm a little surprised...
Obviously you meant masons here, but a Freudian slip is a Freudian slip. It may be nothing, but it's worth noting. More significantly, you appear to doubt the existence of a mason group
when we've already had another mason confirm its existence
. Sure, mason groups are rare in minis, but if they didn't exist, then we wouldn't have two of them counter-confirming - unless, that is, they're both scum, in which case if we catch one, we've go a free scum (which is why counter-confirming mason is a really dangerous move for scum). So, at this point, questioning the credibility of the masons is pretty suspicious.
viQleS wrote:I'm willing to buy it for now tho, although i will be expecting one them to agree to be lynched later in the game to prove it....
Huh? The power of masons comes from the confirmation and counter-confirmation, giving us both a voting block we can trust and a number of effectively unlynchable townies - and you're trying to argue that the town will have to lynch one lategame?
viQleS wrote:I would like to be the first to volunteer to be investigated tonight... You might not want to reveal the identity of the cop so soon, but then it might be worth the risk to reveal two innocents, i don't know... If not the info will come out later - I leave that up to the cop.
A plea to be verified tomorrow? I can think of one group who would want the cop to be revealed so soon, and asking to be investigated rather than lynched (and at this point, you were on two votes) is a good way of stalling, wasting an investigation, and is a Godfather tell.

Honestly, there's a lot of momentum against Nightfall which I don't really get - he's been kinda useless, perhaps, but not particularly scummy. viQleS, however, has made numerous tells and is acting kinda paranoid.
unvote, vote viQleS
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:56 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

unvote: Seol, vote: viQleS
. I changed my vote to Seol because I thought he might have been trying to look for a scapegoat in me or viQleS to save a scum buddy (maybe Nightfall). Now I just think that viQleS is too scummy to ignore; it seems more likely that viQleS is scum than Nightfall and Seol are both scum. I believe this vote is the fourth vote for viQleS (ChocoCid + Stoofer + Seol + me).
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:53 am

Post by d8P »

Woah. I don't want to tell anyone how to play,...er, but! vIQles you practically wrote: "I'm the godfather. Cop, please investigate me and expose yourself so you can clear me, and so I can kill you, then I can coast to the endgame."

unvote: Stewie, VOS: vIQles

(Thanks, Stewie and Chococid.)
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:04 am

Post by ibaesha »

unvote: Nightfall vote:vIQles
That's five. I'll admit my hesitancy about this is the 'please investigate me to find me innocent'. While it is scummy, the last time I lynched someone for this, it turned out that they were a townie who was just inexperienced and trying to get their name cleared. Regardless, I'll admit this and the other things mentioned give me a stronger reason to vote for vIQles than my suspicions of Nightfall.
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:02 am

Post by Sineish »

vIQles wrote:I wasn't ordering anyone one around... I want to be investigated, if he chooses to do so he can use that information as and when he pleases...
The reason this is a GF tell, is that at this stage of the game, the GF has much, much more to gain from being investigated than anyone else. Having a confirmed innocent townie is all well and good, but it is much more beneficial to the town in an end-game situation than at the start, plus to mean anything, the cop will have to come out to clear that innocent. At this stage of the game, finding scum is far better than finding innocents.
vote: vIQles
. I make that five votes plus d8P's VOS.

S.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:05 am

Post by ibaesha »

Actually that's six.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:21 am

Post by ChocoCid »

With seven to lynch, that's 6 + the VOS. ViQLes needs to claim now or d8p probably should make it official.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:43 am

Post by d8P »

Miscounting is understandable but inexcusable when the post directly before your own shows the count. Admittedly here it was another player, but other players on this page have also made vote counts (CA even listed the voters).

It looks like you
  • are trying to hurry a lynch seems to me like a scummy thing to do and makes me feel uncomfortable about voting Nightfall.
  • haven't read the posts on this page. This doesn't show anything definitive except bad form.
  • are trying to alienate yourself from fellow scum by demonstrating how scummy they sound. In this case the only way to do it was for you to parrot what others had written on the matter, which would sound weak unless you could imply you hadn't read other people's posts...
Whichever it is
FoS: Sineish
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:43 am

Post by Seol »

ibaesha wrote:
unvote: Nightfall vote:vIQles
That's five.
Sineish, in the VERY NEXT POST wrote:
vote: vIQles
. I make that five votes plus d8P's VOS.
FOS: Sineish
. That's either misrepresenting the vote count as being safer than it is, or just downright careless.

PPE: Sarnath'd.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:37 am

Post by ChocoCid »

are trying to hurry a lynch seems to me like a scummy thing to do and makes me feel uncomfortable about voting Nightfall.
That should read viqles instead of nightfall, shouldn't it?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:56 am

Post by vikingfan »

Official Vote Count:

viQLes- 6 (ChocoCid, Mr Stoofer, Seol, CommodoreAmazing, ibaesha, Sineish)
Nightfall- 3 (Falcone, Stewie, mikeburnfire)
Mr Stoofer- 1 (Nightfall)
Stewie- 1 (viQLes)

Not voting (1): d8P

7 to lynch.

viQLes, your unvote and vote were not bolded, so your vote stays where it is.

A little under 24 hours to deadline.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:59 am

Post by Seol »

vikingfan wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:
Vikingfan
, please could you clarify the rules on deadline lynches.
I think I'm going to change it to requiring the full lynch (7 or nolynch- I think we have enough active people here that getting the full 7 shouldn't be a problem.
At this point, this merits highlighting - we're not operating under usual deadline lynch conditions.

Needless to say, any 11th-hour unvotes that stay the execution will be... noteworthy.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:16 am

Post by d8P »

Actually that should read "are trying to hurry a lynch
, which
seems to me like a scummy thing to do and makes me feel uncomfortable about voting
Nightfall
vIQles
, and wonder whether Nightfall is the better choice"

That's what I get for trying to edit on preview and fool around with things humans are not meant to wot of; namely the ordered list thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”