Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Seraphim »

To answer you, G&H, on two points:

1. I don't know what Haylen was thinking. That's the long and short of it.

2. No player plays exactly the same as Mafia and Town. There would be differences. There HAS to be differences. Also, I would hate to be your scumpartner, lol. If what you are writing is true, it would be very easy to pick you out as scum just based on night actions.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Prox »

G&H wrote:Prox - OK. So in post #206 you unvoted drmyshottyizsik. Now you're saying that you didn't intend to vote for Haylen in the same post. But then there is your post #253 where I can't understand what's going on. In that post you made some comments on Haylen and then placed a "Finger of Suspicion" on Haylen. Later in the same post you stated "I've already read Haylen's posts today, and my opinion of her stands, though technically she's one of the scummiest people here"... and you unvoted!? But at that point you weren't voting for anyone! If we assume that you were unvoting Haylen, why did you tell me you hadn't voted for Haylen in post #206? And again, if you thought you had voted for Haylen previously, what was the point of placing a "Finger of Suspicion" on somebody you had already been voting? On the other hand, if you didn't think you were voting for Haylen, who were you unvoting in post #253?

Also, what did you mean when you said this:

"I'm surprised it didn't take longer for this to happen. However, I don't get how it took someone else to say it for it to matter"
ARGH!

Okay. Let me look, then.

Easy Q 1st: ""I'm surprised it didn't take longer for this to happen. However, I don't get how it took someone else to say it for it to matter""

I was talking about shotty.

In post 206, I think I was trying to vote for Haylen, but failed. If when asked I said otherwise, I must've been absentminded and not checked. Sorry. And then I read the whole thread thing or maybe looked at the vote count and became ambivalent and then things just went out of whack. Or something like that. I really don't understand what happened now that I look in hindsight. I usually don't FoS people I have my vote on. Please don't make me figure it out.
This time, I'll not care.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Seraphim »

So when you unvoted Shotty, did you still think he was scummy?
Trying to get a person to slip just to validate your attack only causes mislynches.
My attack is already validated. You have already slipped. G&H is backing up my attacks and revealing your scummy play for what it really is.
n post 206, I think I was trying to vote for Haylen, but failed. If when asked I said otherwise, I must've been absentminded and not checked. Sorry. And then I read the whole thread thing or maybe looked at the vote count and became ambivalent and then things just went out of whack. Or something like that. I really don't understand what happened now that I look in hindsight. I usually don't FoS people I have my vote on. Please don't make me figure it out.
Baaaaacktraaaaaacking and trying to escape your past actions. Can we lynch this scum please?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Prox »

@G&H: But it IS a rule to play toward your win condition. Not NKing is...bad
This time, I'll not care.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 am

Post by KittyMo »

[2] Seraphim - (archaebob, foilist13)

[1] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi)
[1] Prox - ( Seraphim)
[1] archaebob - (silverbullet999)
[1] Hinduragi - (Switz)
[0] foilist13 - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[3]
Not Voting
- (Prox, Good and Honest, drmyshottyizsik)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FLAVORImage
Not mine, but adorable, no? :3

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Seraphim »

Mod: V/LA from July 31st to August 4th

Gotcha.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:13 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Wow quite a bit going on

-G&H
silverbullet999, I was simply comparing your playstyles in the different games. I have the feeling that you're playing in a more "planned" manner now than before. I mentioned "silverbullet999 strikes back" because I think it will be a very curious coincidence if once again the person that provoked your "strike" turns out to be a mafioso, like was the case with Nothing Special. By the way, since you said: "Haylen's actions has seemed like haylen being her normal self to me" - do you find the way Haylen played in our current game similar to the one in Newbie 940?
1. What do you mean when you say a very curious coincidence? How would you feel if I was correct?
2. Yeah for the most part. Though she was much more emotional in that game I feel like that was what was occurring in this game.

-Bob
Any other reasons why you think I'm scum, silver?
You still have essentially ignored my questions. You haven't clarified if you really thought Haylen's post was pressured. You also have not addressed you asking my for my playstyle and all that such.

However

UNVOTE: VOTE: Prox

You really have been flailing in these few pages

-------------------------------------
MOD: That kitty looks like sniper kitty!! I WANT!!! :)
... People were right it seems....
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 am

Post by archaebob »

@
the real cop
(if it isn't Seraphim)-

DO NOT COUNTERCLAIM. There is absolutely no incentive to do this. If you get NKd, then we find out the scum is lying anyways. In the meantime, you can still investigate and try to find the other scum. If you don't get NKd, then you can counterclaim later. If we lynch scum today, claim on D3. If we lynch town, claim tomorrow.

unvote

vote hinduragi

I don't have time to go into depth right now, but I want to get my vote out there.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Seraphim »

Aww, bob, why do you have to go ruining my fun? I was hoping scum would try to counter-claim...ah well, guess it was just a pipe dream anyway.

but seriously. If I'm not the real cop, real cop shouldn't counterclaim yet. It will never happen, of course, because I'm the real cop.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:25 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I was hoping scum would to..... darn
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:26 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Bob your really killing me... like stabbing me... repeatedly with each of your posts...
... People were right it seems....
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:27 am

Ya bob, you kind of ruined the whole scum counter claim, cop lynched but we immediately kill scum next day thing.
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Seraphim »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I was hoping scum would to..... darn
shotty who is scum? Also, it's very unlikely that they would have counterclaimed anyway, at least not yet. We'll see how long I live.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:29 am

Well I believe you are a cop, and so now I'm back to Prox being my only scum pick.
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Seraphim »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Well I believe you are a cop, and so now I'm back to Prox being my only scum pick.
I thought as much. You should vote him.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:31 am

Vote: Prox

But now he may attack me again. Oh well. Do you think Prox is scum?
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Seraphim »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Vote: Prox

But now he may attack me again. Oh well. Do you think Prox is scum?
Me? Yes. Read the game, a good amount of the last two pages has been me attacking him.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:35 am

I read the game calm down, I was just wonder if you made up your mind or if you were scum hunting.
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Seraphim »

Yes, I believe Prox should be today's lynch.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:38 am

Ok, me too, now we need others to think so.
#freeShotty
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Prox -
Prox wrote:How does this make him more scummy?
Seraphim was at L-1. The way I saw it at that time, Shotty hopped onto a bangwagon with next to no reason behind his vote, put it at L-1, and then asked for the cop to claim. How is that not scummy?

And yeah, I saw later that I forgot the last possibility. Thanks for pointing it out. Hopefully I made my point on that clear enough, though.

Anyways, onto your case. I've already seen most of the reasons so far since I just did a catch-up.
Prox wrote:I didn't have a vote on shotty because I saw no point to it; no one was joining in
......What?
Prox wrote:I really don't understand what happened now that I look in hindsight. I usually don't FoS people I have my vote on. Please don't make me figure it out.
I'm with Seraphim when I say that you are
really
looking scummy now.

G&H -
The "Follow the Cop" setup was in reference to Seraphim hoping for a doctor. In a "Follow the Cop" setup, the cop claims D1 and goes around investigating every night and revealing his results at daybreak while the doctor protects him each night from the mafia. People have suggested that a roleblocker prevents this. (Hence the F11 setup where the roleblocker, doctor, and cop are all in one game) However, personally, I've had doubts as to that. My point being that there's a 50% chance that there's a doctor if there's also a cop.

Bob -
I appreciate that you're getting your vote out there to contribute and all but you've still ignored me for 3 posts now.

Tl;dr, Prox is scum.
unvote; vote Prox
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Seraphim »

That's L-1. Claim or forever hold your peace.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Seraphim »

Seraphim was at L-1. The way I saw it at that time, Shotty hopped onto a bangwagon with next to no reason behind his vote, put it at L-1, and then asked for the cop to claim. How is that not scummy?
It's scummy in hindsight but shotty didn't know I was the cop so he didn't know he was putting the cop at L-1. He was putting a player he thought was scum at L-1, the exact same thing you just did.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Hinduragi »

When I say he asked for the cop to claim, I meant this.
Shotty wrote:@ everyone if you are the real cop please say so.
Also, I like how no case was ever posted against you. I'm going to look into that load of bull that was a wagon.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:38 am

Post by archaebob »

unvote

Hold up. I actually need to read a little more before I commit my vote.

When is deadline?

Scum would never fakeclaim cop like that D1. That's suicide, and there's no reason for it. The only person who would counterclaim in this situation would be newbtown who mistakenly thought trading themselves for one of the scum is a good deal.

Anways, my gut read of Prox earlier in the game was town. However, it's possible that I stopped paying close attention to him as a result of this, so I'll need to look again.

@ everyone -

why do you all believe Seraphim's claim?

@ silver -

That's not the post (from Haylen) I was talking about. My bad though, since I said "last post". I meant this one:
Haylen wrote:
Prox wrote:A lack of a reaction is a reaction. I guess you decided to do this and make it part of your meta so that town can't figure out when you're scum?
Uh oh, Busted.
You've hit the nail on the head. The only way people tend to be able to differentiate between town haylen and scum haylen is because as town I get very emotionally involved in the game, and as scum I'm very cold and scorn votes against me. In order to make myself less obvious, I've developed a sense of deindividuation as town that way I can pretend the votes are on somebody else rather than myself. :P Occassionally, I let it slip through though.

As said before, I am not going to be giving two names on who I believe are a scumteam. I don't mafiateam hunt, I scumhunt. Trying to find two players is a lot harder than finding the one. Leave the other scum til we've lynched the first, then you can use loads of fun things like voting analysis.

Unvote: Prox
I forget that was still there.
G+H wrote:And then, a very short time after drmyshottyizsik said that, Haylen suddenly appeared and addressed drmyshottyizsik's post... I'm not sure what to think about that. Since almost no one has commented on it, will anyone do it now?
Technically, I am always online. However, I am not always available.

This may surprise you, and it totally isn't OMGUS, but I am getting quite odd/possibly scummy vibes from Archeobob. I am pretty sure that Switz is town, if he is scum, then he has been coached by experienced scum in the quicktopic. Good and Honest I am seeing as neutral right now. I would look Shotty to be looked into.
That post felt pretty pressured to me.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”