Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Prox »

3. I haven't completed any forum games as of right now.
8. Interesting. Maybe I do this subconciously. I'll remember this when I'm scum.

I'm satisfied now. Sort of. You're all right, shotty.

vote Seraphim

Your actions after Haylen's departure seem artificial, and her actions before that don't help. For an IC, you didn't spot the VI (sorry) very easily. I want to hear about that overenthusiastic scum you played with before as well.

@G&H: readability statistics only exist to entertain
This time, I'll not care.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[3] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi, Seraphim, Switz)

[3] Seraphim - (archaebob, foilist13, Prox)
[1] Prox - (drmyshottyizsik)
[1] archaebob - (silverbullet999)
[0] foilist13 - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[1]
Not Voting
- (Good and Honest)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Switz »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok Prox here I go clean slate.
1. Gut feeling
2. It almost feels like you are pushing for a mislynch
3. You are too pushy
4. You exploit everything
5. You don't stick you what you say
6. Your attacks don't always make any sense
7. I get a scum vibe from you
8. You almost seem nervous sometimes

Ok there you go.
Prox, why does this convince you? And furthermore, why are you choosing to ignore Shotty completely? This seems like a big turnaround for you with minimal explanation. Especially since Shotty isn't doing anything different except saying what he's been saying all Day more logically and is continuing to ignore parts of your questions. Really, I don't get it.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote
Vote: Prox

I lol'd. Nice, NICE turnabout. Not only do you leap off the supposed "VI" wagon, you jump onto the other leading wagon on crazy-weak reasoning. It looks like he's trying to get off the sinking ship of the shotty wagon to jump onto mine. Artificial, my ass.

Gaaaah, this is when I wish I actually took records of what games I played in. All the newbie games kinda melt together in my head. I'll definitely look and see if I can find a good example.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Oh fuck Prox wasn't voting shotty before. Scratch that for now.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Oh wait, he was attacking him before even if he had unvoted(why?). Point still stands.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

You're all right, shotty.
Heyyy.... bein buddy buddies all of a sudden...

-Hindu, Prox
Do you think archbob is scum?
He was at L-2 on page 4, post 85, during the VC. Also, is there another reason as to why you voted Arch so suddenly?
Your questions are similar thus grouped!
I am leaning arch being scum right now as 1. He's made 2 (or more?) posts already... without mentioning my case. Granted his latest post quickly talks of V/LA (how convenient..) but he went out of his way to make another case... while ignoring my own against him. Thus why my vote is on him

Prox-
However Prox... your all of a sudden liking towards shotty... tempts me heavily to throw my vote on you.

How do you go from calling him an idiot to a bud? Explain...
... People were right it seems....
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Good&Honest wrote:As a whole, for now I definitely find archaebob's behaviour stranger than foilist13's. archaebob has already commented on foilist13 (expressing suspicion). foilist13, I'd like it if you also comment on archaebob's behaviour in this game. Does it surprise you? How would you relate it to your previous playing experiences with archaebob?
Archaebob is town. I've played with him many times and I have no reason to suspect he's scum.

I'll get to the rest later. Dinner is calling.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Prox »

Switz wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok Prox here I go clean slate.
1. Gut feeling
2. It almost feels like you are pushing for a mislynch
3. You are too pushy
4. You exploit everything
5. You don't stick you what you say
6. Your attacks don't always make any sense
7. I get a scum vibe from you
8. You almost seem nervous sometimes

Ok there you go.
Prox, why does this convince you? And furthermore, why are you choosing to ignore Shotty completely? This seems like a big turnaround for you with minimal explanation. Especially since Shotty isn't doing anything different except saying what he's been saying all Day more logically and is continuing to ignore parts of your questions. Really, I don't get it.
I've realized that what shotty is doing isn't with a scum intent, unless he's pretending to be VI. This is what convinced me. I'm not really going to ignore shotty completely, but I'm not going to pay much attention to what he says and does, because they'll only confuse me.

@Seraphim: Not crazy-weak. I suppose I didn't elucidate enough. I attacked shotty at first because of his scummy actions and more so to get a read on him.

@Silverbullet: My intent at that point was also to convince shotty to rethink his opinion of me (Scumteam Prox and XXXX!!!). I don't care if he's an idiot; he's not scum and that's what counts.

I changed my mind. Sue me. I can't keep telling myself that shotty is buddying and using faillogic and accusing everyone that attacks him because he is scum with evil intentions. It wouldn't make sense. VI makes more sense than Badscum. And that is my current opinion. Sorry for not being clearer before.

Maybe I'm just overestimating the power of expirience, but from my point of view, the more expirienced and put together players, excluding Seraphim, seem to have felt the same way about shotty as I have begun recently. In fact, foilist's explanation of his opinion on shotty is what helped me reach this conclusion.

I hope this is clear enough an explanation of my turnabout.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Switz »

@Prox:

The only reason I'm buying this for now is because your feud with Shotty has been going on for so long that there's no way it's some sort of crazy gambit between the two of you. So either you're town and you've really changed your mind, or you're scum who's decided to try and jump on the Seraphim wagon before it's too late.

I'll
Unvote: Shotty
for now but I'm not sure I'm convinced on Seraphim yet. Let me go back through his posts now that he's amassed a few of his own. I really wish Arch hadn't V/LAed too cause I wanted to question him more but there's nothing we can do about that for now.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Prox »

Remember also that he replaced Haylen.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Thank you Prox, really about the whole replacing Haylen thing I tend to forget that at time. And before Haylen left she was acting
FoS
worthy.
#freeShotty
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by archaebob »

I'm just going to chime in for a sec to address silverbullet.

I didn't answer your questions because I have limited time, and you aren't at the top of my scumlist. There are bigger fish to fry. I'm planning on getting to them eventually, but your inquests aren't particularly relevant at the moment.

I explained why I was unvoting Hinduragi. I wanted to pressure other people to find other plausible scum candidates, and I wanted to see what Hindu would do with some breathing room. I didn't continue commenting on him because I had no questions I needed him to answer, and I don't like making myself completely transparent to the town. I don't want the scum to know what I look for, and I don't want them to know when I have started or stopped suspecting them. Obviously, I have to compromise a bit so the town has some general idea what I'm up to. But for the most part, I say what I'm thinking when I think it is relevant info for my scum-hunting.

All you need to know right now is that Haylen/Seraphim is my top pick for scum, and that I've completely justified my currently declared top suspicions with a case and a vote. If Hindu becomes my top suspect again, you'll know.

Anyways, I'm not really all that interested in justifying why I do what I do. It IS what I do, and you'll find the same playstyle in my other town games on this site.

Any other reasons why you think I'm scum, silver?
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Prox -
I gotta say you look more like scum to me than Seraphim does atm.(Only if I don't count Haylen's actions with his, though) You hopped off the Shotty wagon. I saw that coming based on your previous posts. Now, what confuses me entirely is the fact that you jumped straight onto the Seraphim wagon.(Seraphim meant by "crazy-weak reasons" that you jumped onto his wagon, not off of Shotty's.) What is that about? What are you doing there? Do you see anything in Seraphim? I'd just like to note that
no case
has been posted against Seraphim so far and he's at L-2. Just lol@that. Foilist said he'd post a case attacking Seraphim if he felt like it as soon as Seraphim listed his reasons for voting Shotty. That case never happened, though. You guys want to convince me he's scum? Post some sort of evidence. For now,
FoS: Prox

Seraphim -
Again, wtf? You voted for Prox because he jumped off the Shotty wagon and onto yours? I agree with you on the "I lol'd" part but c'mon now. That looked for all the world like an OMGUS vote. I don't really see how that's proof enough to say he's scum because I was getting a townie leaning null tell read from him. I'll look into him. But, really, your reasons for voting him weren't exactly cream of the crop either.
HoS: Seraphim

Bob -
When you're back, post some games where you were scum. I'll explain later.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Ok here it goes I tried to resist it, but it was just sooo obvious it hurt
unvote
Vote: seraphim
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Seraphim »

My reason for voting him is his sudden turnabout, changing wagons with little reasoning besides the fact that he was "satisfied" with shotty's answers. It reeks, reeks, REEKS. Scum players don't want to appear inconsistent or backtrack at all which is why Prox made the attempt to transition from shotty's wagon(even if he wasn't on it when he switched to my wagon) to my wagon. I don't think my wagon is scumdriven as I'm cautiously sure both Foilist and archaebob are town at this point. These players are generally regarded as town. So, Prox is jumping onto the wagon he believes is more solidly founded and more likely to progress forward.

This is an action I see coming from scum especially this close to deadline.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Alright, I'm at L-1. Fuck.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Okay. Okay okay. I know how this is going to roll. *sigh*

I'm the cop. Let's pray to God there's a doctor in the house.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Ok well either way that was dumb, sure maybe you wont be killed d1 but now you will be killed n-1
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:59 pm

oh unless the doc protects you. Please doc don't claim, so you wont get roll blocked... also seraphim you should have claimed vt that way you wouldnt have been roll blocked
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Seraphim »

If I claimed Vanilla Town, I would have been lying with the added benefit of getting lynched at the same time.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Unless people believed you.
@ everyone if you are the real cop please say so.
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Trust me that's NOT how this site works. Claimed vanilla town, if run up, usually get lynched especially if they claim cop later.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Well, I'm going to give our mod the benefit of the doubt and assume that there isn't a possible "Follow the Cop" setup in this game. Also, I think someone should unvote. I just posted that there was no case on Seraphim and you vote him, Shotty? I lol'd. L-1 is pretty serious. If he's our cop, then it's even worse. With no case even posted against him yet and him being at L-1, this is a joke of a game. I may have an HoS on Seraphim but that's because his play is
slightly-moderately
scummy. The HoS was just an upgrade from the FoS I had on Haylen. I suggest those of you bandwagoning Seraphim start explaining yourselves.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm

unvote

sorry i meant to do that
I guess he is innocent unless someone else claims cop too.
#freeShotty

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”