Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:24 am

Post by Haylen »

Nexus wrote:You've been letting real life feelings seep into the game.
Part of me needs to remember. Everybody on the internet has feelings, I don't care what people say when they're trying to comfort me after a "trolling spree" everybody on this website are real human beings with real lives and real feelings and experiences. They are not just a fakename with an avatar, or a computer, there's a person sat on the other side of that computer. People say flat out in this game (not this specific one, but games on site) that feelings don't matter because the other people aren't real. I understand why I get flamed so much now, I can't let go of that empathic side of me. One of my main goals on MS is to get people to understand this, I've worked hard to archieve this for over a year and have succeeded with a few people. I'm not giving up though, regardless of what people say. Even though I genuinely hate my feelings (I'm bipolar), I'm proud of them and everyone else should be proud to have feelings to. Call me naive to the internet (this was the first forum I've been part of), whatever. I know what I'm talking about.
Nexus wrote:You've gone from nicey nice to bat-insane in the space of 13 pages.
Easily explained. People irl tend to believe I am lying about everything, even when I'm not. I hate being accused of lying when I'm not. That's why I don't generally give a crap when I'm being called out as scum, I can keep cool and calm because I know I'd deserve to be attacked because I'm lying. But as town, I will be insulted for being called a liar ect, I will let my feelings get in the way and I will defend anything that I've said to the death. That last ones a personality trait, I will argue and argue and argue a point for hours and hours even if the other person doesn't want to hear it (Ether has known the full brunt of that several times). Because I know I'm right.
Nexus wrote:It seems like you've let your frustration with people "twisting your words," cloud your judgement
See above. People are twisting my words, my view on that will not be changed. I tend to think people who are twisting my words are scum.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Nexus »

Alright. Thanks for the explanation.
Trans rights are human rights.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Haylen wrote:Flay, you posted that you thought you knew the reason why I stick to newbie games. You're wrong, here's a list of reasons.
1) I love teaching, I don't like that that got reduced to "you want to take the easy way out and not be attacked." I probably wont get to do this now due to my performance here. Yes, I am a better IC when I'm scum.
2) You've probably noticed that I'm not very well liked "certain" members of the site, they rarely grace us with their presence in the newbie queue. This is the one place on site where I know I'll be "safe" from them. :/
I said it was a POSSIBLE reason. I'm not getting into the rest of this until post-game... suffice to say, I don't feel like I'm attacking you personally, just your behavior in this game.

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but: I'm not twisting your words. Your words are RIGHT THERE. jmurph has quoted them. I've quoted them. You're flat-out using words to mean what you think they should mean, not what they mean, and it's at the least distracting, at the most scummy.

As for the Cop-claim thing: yes, you could do that, and if you had, we'd have dealt with it. I didn't mean to imply that if you'd claimed Cop I'd have dropped all suspicion of you, but a claimed Cop is a
terrible
Day One lynch.
Retired as of October 2014.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:53 am

Post by CSL »

The Deadline Fast Approaching Vote Count

Haylen (4) Mr. Flay, Nexus, Beefster, Zajnet

Nexus (1) Earlder1
Mr. Flay (1) Haylen
Kov (1) a2rudeboy

Not Voting: jmurph3, Kov

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Thursday, July 29th, at 7:00pm EST

There are NINE alive, so FIVE votes on a player will lynch.

Two days until deadline

Haylen is at L-1

V/LA's and Prods

Mr. Flay is on a perpetual V/LA status

Haylen is V/LA during weekends

Etc.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:36 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:.
a2rudeboy:
Why do you only post when you're prodded, lately? Who do you think could be scumbuddies with each other as of this posting? Could you reiterate who your top scum choices are, please?
[/quote

Flay- I haven't been posting only when prodded as of late, if you notice I was quite active between pages 9-11. I hadn't seen anything recently really worth commenting on. Although, it seems like the game is pretty much revolving around the same 3-4 people posting, with everyone else dropping in for the occasional posting to avoid prods.

My top scum choice can be seen by where my vote is at this moment: Kov. I moved my vote from Haylen for a couple of reasons. Kov's refusal to vote until a specific date, and then his statement that he would not change it, struck me as very scummy. Also issues I had with the lack of content in his posts... but these issues have already been discussed. Haylen has seemed scummy to me for a lot of the game, but at this point near lynch, it doesn't seem as much so, and it may have been a bias based on walls and post frequency, along with seemingly wildly shifting changes in mood (but, if she's bi-polar..can't fault for that). Regardless, if Haylen is driving content here in one form or another, I've seen how a game can quickly stagnate once that disappears.

I am, however, at this point not going to reiterate who my scumbuddy suspicions / top choices are (other than where my vote is). I have before mentioned my top pairing on day 1, only to have one flip town when lynched and the other flip town during NK, This lead to a very easy quick lynch on me the next day (I was town)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

a2rudeboy wrote:Flay- I haven't been posting only when prodded as of late, if you notice I was quite active between pages 9-11. I hadn't seen anything recently really worth commenting on.
O RLY? Did you not notice the huge dropoff in posting after 7/21? You had a similar 5-day gap back in 7/11-7/16, but at that point you said you'd had a power outage. I'm just curious why you're finding nothing to comment on in the "back and forth". Do you not feel you need to say anything because it's going the way you want? Scumhunting is a group effort.
Regardless, if Haylen is driving content here in one form or another, I've seen how a game can quickly stagnate once that disappears.
What does this mean? Do you think we're stagnating now, or that we'll stagnate if Haylen is lynched?
I am, however, at this point not going to reiterate who my scumbuddy suspicions / top choices are (other than where my vote is). I have before mentioned my top pairing on day 1, only to have one flip town when lynched and the other flip town during NK, This lead to a very easy quick lynch on me the next day (I was town)
Well, I'd hope you'd comment more in general, even if it's not about pairings. I was just trying to get you to say anything except "I'm here."
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Kov »

a2rudeboy wrote:Oh, and to answer your earlier question. True, I stated I am not a supporter of lynching solely to lynch near the deadline

I don' like this. As far as I can see a No Lynch does not help town to me it simple means each of us have 7 suspects Day 2 instead of 6 and as far as i can tell it's better to take the 2 in 8(As you know for yourself if you are scum or not) chance now.
Than No lynch and have a 2 in 6 chance Day 2 rather than a 2 (or 1) in 5 chance if we lynch day 1. Hitting scum / not hitting scum gives alot of discussion for day 2 rather than a No Lynch which doesn't tell us anything. You can almost guarantee at least 1 scum is on the wagon just by numbers.
So saying you would prefer a No Lynch than one for deadline is anti-town if not scummy
won/lost
1 / 0
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Beefster »

a2: that post was awful! You're the first one I'll take a look at tomorrow. No lynch is bad, activity is good. That is all.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Haylen »

Beefster, tell me, how do you know you won't die during the night?

Kov, NEVER no lynch on Day One. Unless the game starts in mylo, which is rare. Don't even go there if it isn't mylo.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Kov »

Haylen wrote:Kov, NEVER no lynch on Day One. Unless the game starts in mylo, which is rare. Don't even go there if it isn't mylo.
Im saying he would rather No Lynch not me...
won/lost
1 / 0
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Kov »

Haylen wrote:Beefster, tell me, how do you know you won't die during the night?
I don't think i'll die tonight you need to be an optimist
won/lost
1 / 0
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:13 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

In regards to Haylen. Yes i feel the game is stagnating to an extent where it is the same couple of people posting most frequently. I also believe that for a couple of pages, we were caught up in a debate that mostly boiled down to circular logic and even just plain bickering. Right now, I both don't find Haylen scummy, nor do I wish to lose her scumhunting/ability to question and move the game forward.

Right now, I feel like there is some tunneling going on, perhaps unwarranted, towards myself. Mostly by Flay and Kov. I have already discussed my issues with Kov. But i feel like there's a couple of things the town needs to look at.

Not Voting: Kov and Jmurph are currently not voting with 2 days to deadline. We already know Kov's reasoning, and he's stated he'll be voting tomorrow and his vote won't change once he's made it. It seems to me like this is voting close enough to the deadline to try and avoid suspicion, but while also getting to pull it off as weighing all the options, making a careful vote, etc. This was something we came after earlier. I fully believe Kov has had the intention to vote Haylen all along, and is trying to appear cautious to get the scent off the trail. Of course he wouldn't have to change his vote at this point, because it would lynch Haylen. As for Jmurph, I'm hoping to get a vote down from them somewhat soon. Not having a vote down at this point seems scummier and scummier by the moment, at least for me.

Also, Kov. I made that statement a while ago...I question why you are just now bringing up your issues with it, at the same time that other suspicions have been raised. Notably by Flay. Hmm, again.

Let's take a look at some other people, who i feel are doing a pretty good job at staying under the radar right now.I feel if i should be under attack for lack of productivity, so should these people.

Beefster- Taking a look at iso. 32 posts. At least as active as i am. 11-13, 17, 22 all seem to be pretty content-driven, well-argued out posts in my opinion. 23-31 (especially from 28 onwards) seem to fall into either bickering with Haylen, or one-liners that don't do anything besides accuse or just reaffirm what someone else has already said.

Zaj- Doing an iso here pulls up even less useful information. Posts about once every day or two, just enough to avoid prod. Never seems to have much to say...lots of gut reactions without anything much to back it up. Made a splash about claiming nexus v haylen was town-town, and we needed to refocus, but hasnt offered up anything in terms of helping us do that. Very periphery player.

Earl- Also been prodded twice. I dont find actions to be as scummy as the ones above, simply because it seems from reading iso, most of the posts have a decent amount of content.

Note: I did not just say the above were my main scum targets.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:14 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Kov- your last post makes absolutely no sense. Are you answering haylen's question towards beefster for them? Or are you just making another one of your flippant, humorous remarks?
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:47 am

Post by jmurph3 »

a2rudeboy wrote:As for Jmurph, I'm hoping to get a vote down from them somewhat soon. Not having a vote down at this point seems scummier and scummier by the moment, at least for me
The reason why I'm not voting at the moment is because the person I would be voting for is Haylen, and it's too early in the Day, IMO, to lynch someone. A lot more information can still come out.

I do have to say that I'm really not a fan of the way Zaj has been playing, like a2rudeboy pointed out. Only one of his posts has been longer than a couple of lines. I feel like he's flitting in and out, staying under the radar, and everyone's too focused on Haylen to notice. This to me is pretty scummy. Though I still think Haylen is scummier, for the moment, until deadline approaches, I will
vote: Zajnet
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Kov wrote:
Haylen wrote:Beefster, tell me, how do you know you won't die during the night?
I don't think i'll die tonight you need to be an optimist
Why are you answering a question for Beefster?
Kov wrote:
a2rudeboy wrote:Oh, and to answer your earlier question. True, I stated I am not a supporter of lynching solely to lynch near the deadline

I don' like this. As far as I can see a No Lynch does not help town to me it simple means each of us have 7 suspects Day 2 instead of 6 and as far as i can tell it's better to take the 2 in 8(As you know for yourself if you are scum or not) chance now.
Than No lynch and have a 2 in 6 chance Day 2 rather than a 2 (or 1) in 5 chance if we lynch day 1. Hitting scum / not hitting scum gives alot of discussion for day 2 rather than a No Lynch which doesn't tell us anything. You can almost guarantee at least 1 scum is on the wagon just by numbers.
So saying you would prefer a No Lynch than one for deadline is anti-town if not scummy
I like this Kov. Can we get more of him?
a2rudeboy wrote:Right now, I feel like there is some tunneling going on, perhaps unwarranted, towards myself. Mostly by Flay and Kov. I have already discussed my issues with Kov.
How am I tunnelling? WHY IS IT TUNNELLING to ask people questions, in this game? I just want you to post more, and more content, before deadline. What makes my two posts addressed at you feel like I'm tunnelling?
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:31 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

@flay-I claim tunnelling because the questions you are asking of me could just as easily been asked of other players (and weren't).

What made things suspicious, is that Kov brought back up the point of my nolynch belief nearly a week after I had first made it. He didn't focus on this in the first set of attacks he laid on me (which were mostly about my not paying attention to details), which seemed at the time to be mainly a slight bit of OMGUS, even though he did say he thought i was mostly pro-town. That he brings it up again after the point where you were starting to question my play a little, seems like an opportune time to start a possible wagon.

Flay, I'd like to know what your opinion is of Beefster and Zaj right now?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Zajnet is easy:
Mr. Flay [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2390299#p2390299]on the 21st[/url] wrote: Zajnet, if you want us to 'get on track', you're going to have to post more content/analysis yourself.
Mr. Flay wrote:Hrm. Top of page 12, Beefster pushes Haylen to L-2 right after a VC. I'd say he's an unlikely scumbuddy if she flips scum (that was the tipping point vote). Nexus would be a longshot, but Zajnet looks most likely to be a bus of anyone, in my eyes.
He's been practically invisible as deadline gets closer. I'd be happy to vote him, but I'm skeptical we could get wagon+claim+5 before deadline today. If Haylen flips scum he'd be high on my list for tomorrow; he just seems to be hanging back and letting others talk. Actually, if Haylen doesn't flip I'm suspicious too, because of the "this looks like town vs. town" comment.

Beefster, on the other hand, is participatory at the level I'd expect of somebody of his experience level (no offense). He's hammering on his target like a good Townie should, but isn't adding a whole lot of analysis to the mix. I would tilt pro-town for now.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Zajnet »

I always float by "under the radar," as scum or as town. That's just how I play. I'm still not really seeing any obvscum people to me, which is when I post more. I still think Nexus v Haylen could be town v town, but I'm willing to support a Haylen lynch so we don't nolynch at deadline, because there is still a chance that she's scum, and the information from her lynch will really help us tomorrow, even/especially if she flips town.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Haylen »

*stops terrorising newbies in the Introduction thread to answer this*
Zaj wrote:especially if she flips town.
Hang on, what information would my flip give you?

Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Zajnet »

If you flip town, I'd take another look at Flay, for one thing.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Kov »

a2rudeboy wrote:Kov- your last post makes absolutely no sense. Are you answering haylen's question towards beefster for them? Or are you just making another one of your flippant, humorous remarks?
I was just pointing out that it's weird to ask "how do you know you won't die during the night?" She pointed it out at him but I'm pretty sure others have made the assumption that they will make it through the night. I don't see what's strange about assuming survival in fact I think it's strange to assume death.

On deeper thought, if she is scum, it could be a message to her scum buddies as the way it look's now she won't survive till night.

@Zaj: I was pretty sure Nexus vs Haylen was Town vs Scum but I assumed Nexus was scum originally. I later changed my mind and would be voting Haylen if she wasn't on L-1. (Much like Jmurph) . Therefore if she flips town I will be looking at Nexus.

@a2: I point it out now as I was in Iso just didn't mention it in post. Also because of you I don't know if not voting is more or less scummy than lynching right now.

@Haylen: If you flip town well all your arguments can be seen for what they were intended, not just as scum posts.Tbh if your town or scum your posts will give us alot of info.
won/lost
1 / 0
Kov
Kov
Townie
Kov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Kov »

Also about me answering other peoples questions.
I feel i don't have as much to say as a lot of people, so that's a way to get me more involved in discussion. If it's scummy just say and I will stop it.
won/lost
1 / 0
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

@Kov- If it makes any difference, my view of you will be as scummy regardless if you hammer, vote someone else, or continue to hold your vote. I was trying to get a reason for not voting yet out of JMurph, which I did, and am satisfied with.

@Flay-If we were a week out of deadline, would your vote go to Haylen or Zaj, ie, who do you think is the scummiest? Also, if we operate under the assumption of (which I dont necessarily believe) that they are both scum, which is better to keep in the game? I guess what I'm boiling it down to, is there enough reason for us to try and see if anyone would support a lynch other than Haylen?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

a2rudeboy wrote:@Flay-If we were a week out of deadline, would your vote go to Haylen or Zaj, ie, who do you think is the scummiest? Also, if we operate under the assumption of (which I dont necessarily believe) that they are both scum, which is better to keep in the game? I guess what I'm boiling it down to, is there enough reason for us to try and see if anyone would support a lynch other than Haylen?
I still think Haylen is signficantly scummier than Zajnet (or anybody else), I was just acknowledging that I could see a reason for the vote(s) there and would support it if the need came (the Haylen wagon disintegrated, claim, etc). If we weren't so late in the Day I might say try it, but we're something like 56 hours out from deadline, I think. That's opposed to, say, a Nexuswagon or jmurphwagon that I wouldn't really support today.
Kov wrote:If it's scummy just say and I will stop it.
This part of your post worries me. Why are you willing to change your behavior if others call it scummy? Why do you not want to contribute your own input rather than hijacking questions to others to answer? What have you learned is different between this game you're playing here and the other one you're playing offsite (no specifics, just tactics/tells/etc)?

Zajnet:
besides Haylen, is there anyone else you'd vote today, right now (assuming deadline wasn't an issue)?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ooops, I'm getting people confused in my brain. Editing by way of doublepost...
Mr. Flay wrote:
Kov wrote:If it's scummy just say and I will stop it.
This part of your post worries me. Why are you willing to change your behavior if others call it scummy? Why do you not want to contribute your own input rather than hijacking questions to others to answer? What have you learned is different between this game you're playing here and the other one you'
ve just won
?
Edit is bolded.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”