Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

AdumbroDeus wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:VOTE: DGB
All of you, explain your votes, NOW.
Becaue my vote was on her on the last vote count of last day phase? Flips haven't helped her in my eyes.

AlmasterGM wrote:
Vote: Midnight's Sorrow

Oooh look, I'm so cryptic.
So... you complain about people voting without explanations... and then you do the same thing. Why?[/quote]

Word to your momma .o.

@Zaz

lol Thanks for the vote of confidence. :P
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Nikanor »

DGB: You'll get to lurk all you want in a week. For now, please grace us with your presence.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Going to re-read and post my thoughts in the next 24 hours.
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Chronopie wrote:You guys are idiots. I claimed Mere Human, before it was in anyway indicative of Alignment/role.
Haha, so you werent aware of whether "mere human" was for any protown player? If scum didnt know this, why didnt you use this information at the start of Day 1 to clinch us the game?
and you werent aware of whether it was indicative of role? Who says it is? and how on earth does you claiming something everyone has access to, make you any more confirmed than the next guy?

That said i thought i reached a resolution on your yesterday. Will reread.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

I heard 'bout this thing, it's called a fake'laim. Y'know? Yeah, y'know.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Battle Mage wrote:
Chronopie wrote:You guys are idiots. I claimed Mere Human, before it was in anyway indicative of Alignment/role.
Haha, so you weren't aware of whether "mere human" was for any protown player? If scum didn't know this, why didn't you use this information at the start of Day 1 to clinch us the game?
and you weren't aware of whether it was indicative of role? Who says it is? and how on earth does you claiming something everyone has access to, make you any more confirmed than the next guy?

That said i thought i reached a resolution on your yesterday. Will reread.

BM
My point was, that I believed his claim, and would have unvoted at that point, because it made sense when compared to my role, (but someone had already hammered before I got online.)

Besides, there's no guarantee that "mere human" is for
any
pro-town player. We might have an angel or two... and there's still the possibility of a traitor or two among the angels/humans. Someone opened the gates after all.

To try and use the info D1 would have been equivalent to asking for a (semi-)MC. Rolefishing lots.

-Preview Edit: Hai MPR. Now who's scum?-
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Ah yes, you claimed after NS. Chrono is a worthy wagon atm.

As is Midnight's Sorrow. 642 and 645 are very weird.

As is MPR. Sorry bro, but you're playing completely differently to our last game together, and i dont like ur opener today either.

Oh and finally, let's add Starbuck. For a very predictable wagon on obvtown-DGB.

Let's being with
Vote: MehPlusRawr
though. Because meta wins. :D

@Zazie - Nice try. I'm 100% vanilla though. :D

BM

*Sidenote: Anyone using the term "VI" will be reported to the Mod as a perpetrator of personal verbal attack. Just because you use an acronym, doesn't make you any less of a dick for insulting someone. Especially in this case, someone who can't defend themselves. Show some decency please.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

So, you're not even comparing me to my scum meta? FAIL.

FYI I play completely differently in all my games. If you're looking for rawrscum, look for shameless lurking, ignoring questions, and being useless as opposed to accusing random people of being scum with slightly-higher-than-random-accuracy. Plus, stop referencing ongoing games.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Adrien C »

When you know your meta, it's a pretty null tell.
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MS wrote:Word to your momma .o.
Ok, so you can agree with someone else when they make the point, but when you had the opportunity to come up with it yourself, all you could think of was a winking smilie face.

Also, your own answer to the question is terrible. Because you were yesterday? So because ...
MS wrote:That constitutes as a lie doesn't~

Unvote
Vote DGB
QUITE AN ADVANCED ANALYSIS YOU'VE GOT THERE.

What was DGB even lying about?
SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

I apologize for the lack of posting the past few days (IRL issues + a lack of a laptop for abotu 2 weeks >_<) Anyways, I think it's about time I answer some questions.
Zaz wrote:Agreed with DGB about Sharkfinn. Also, her statement needs some elaboration. If NS isn't really scummy to a player, what's the reason that he'd be really towny to that player?
I believe this is referring to when I said that overly defendent/angered based players are on the polar end of the town/scum spectrum. Those who are strongly rooted and overly CAPS LOCKED YELLING, as in the case of NS, are either really scum or really town. At the time I hadnt made a strong read in either direction for NS, but whenever I picked up on a read (even something slightly town/scum) then I can accurately determine NS's alliance. I will say this, I DO NOT like the last minute votes after NS claimed and I plan to look into this.
Zaz wrote:Post 284 is Sharkfinn-scum dropping in again. Choosing between the top 2 suspects and having a reason behind her vote which is wrong (Toogy already told he's using the playername list)
I dont quite understand the part in the quotes, but I admit that the post was not the most townish way to put things. I honestly had not made any strong reads and was prone to looking at other reasoning.
Zaz wrote:Sharkfinn is so obv scum. Seriously, a FoS on a guy with 5 posts? While two other players (Ghost and Meh) have less? (Didn't check everybody) Do, explain.
I didnt like the attitude or the lack of active scumhunting up to that point. It was more suspicious to me becuase I don't remeber him claiming V/LA or being prodded like the other's were. Scum usually active lurks. Town usually are prodded back into playing.
Zaz wrote:Another point of attention is your passivity. Just look at your own posts. NS was either very scummy or very townie to you. Eventually, you vote NS, because you think DGB is town. And Ani is telling the truth about his claim or is town according to you. You did state with Ani that you'd consider lynching, but you never got to that part. The only other opinions stated are on Toogy and Chrono. However, both are based upon unjustified reasons (With 1 or 2 exceptions based upon Toogy) The thing is that Toogy was only discussed by you as he was one of the 2 top suspects.
I am a very passive person. I'll admit that. I haven't made any strong solid reads (except I honestly think Ani is town) I hate claiming to be inexperienced, but I am and that's a part of it. I've had little time to really read into each post as I desired, but I'm doing the best I can.
Zaz wrote:And now to a serious point: Passiveness.
By heart, I remember Mae, TL and Adrien. To those who wonder what I mean with this, I ask a rhetorical question: When you want to ask a question about a specific event, who would you ask about it? The players connected to it or in general?
My answer would be the players connected to it as those are most likely to know the answer, while other players would need to guess.
So Mae and TL (EDIT: Sharkfinn), why did you ask about Heaven in general?
Zaz wrote:Sharkfinn, why did you ask about Heaven in general and not ask the specific players who are in Heaven?
Note this is my second MS game and most of my expierience with mafia comes from IRC. I've learned it's easier to clear town players than it is to find scum. Asking about heaven could possibly reveal something about "clearing" players, though idk if it's action/role based (which is why I asked and hoped someone found a post that helps understand more about this mechanic of the game). Asking people generally allowed me more to hopefully find something in the rules or somewhere someone slipped out something that would explain that part of the rules to me.

Question for you Zaz: Why is passiveness a sure sign of scum?

As mentioned previously, the next time I post, I will have hopefully looked into the last moments of TLs life and determined a scum read from it.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Rena »

As promised:

Chronopie - NOT TOWN
His most passionate posting takes place during a jester discussion. He jumped on the lynchwagon with an RVS reason when it was nowhere near deadline. The only comments he makes about the wagon he is a part of is "NS, claim" then calls him town after the hammer's been cast and comments that his role is similar to NS's, and tries to use that to gain townpoints here, even after he already brought up the possibility of scum having fakeclaims here. The fact that he is more concerned with defending himself than actually finding scum doesn't help his case either. On top of that, the only resemblence of scumhunting he's done this whole game is asking MPR who the scum were when he hadn't even commented on that himself... So, my hunt for townies continues.

Sharkfinn - NOT TOWN
After a cursory ISO read, I see why Zazie is so suspicious of him >.>. He waffles on NS, flip flops on DGB, makes a weird FoS/prod on Chrono, waffles on a claimed jester, and promises to reread and never delivers.

The waffling, combined with ISO 5 is supicious because it shows a scumShark keeping his options open by not announcing any strong scum/town reads, and it also shows a reluctance to get himself involved in any polarizing issues. The flip-flopping on DGB is suspicious especially with NS's town flip. He originally calls DGB scum, then, without any explanation or significant change in DGB's behavior, he declares her psuedo-confirmed town and himself willing to follow her wherever she might go because "she's been protown and because she's in heaven". This is doubly suspicious based on the status of the NS wagon, which had been gaining a considerable amount of momentum at this time. I will add that his sudden town read seems to be due to the fact that she was in heaven, but I don't see why anyone in their right minds would distrust their own scum reads due to OP flavor... I find the Chrono FoS/Prod scummy because it seems to be suggesting that a scumbuddy post more while distancing just a tiny bit. This is because he didn't put a vote down even though he supposedly just got done rereading, and because he was quick to discount his own case on Chrono with the "I know this is blatant hypocrisy, but" comment. The waffling about Ani is horrible, honestly. He needs a reread to figure out that lynching a jester is bad because lynching one is essentially no lynching on day one and thus doesn't advance the town wincon at all? I'm not buying it at all.

The reread promises are really what I think dooms Sharky the most, though. Let's look at all the times he's read the game:
Re-reading made me begin to rethink my previous suspicions.
Okay, so I've re-read this game for info on the levels
I'll do a readthrough on a player tonight.
Alright, so if he's telling the truth, then he's reread the game three times in his 18 posts. And still he can't remember who he's voting for. And still he can't even remember whether DGB is a guy or a girl. And his reasons for voting his #1 suspect are:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Nobody's Special
mainly, because I trust DGB for the reasons below.

>.>
Vote: SharkFinn

TOMORROW: AlmasterGM, Midnight's Sorrow, MehPlusRawr, AdumbroDeus

Nikanor calling DGB out for lurking is odd, considering what slot he's coming from.

PREVIEW EDIT: Oooh, Sharky's posting. I'll look at that now, I suppose.
Last edited by Haylen on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Rena »

Nah, tomorrow. It's simply too long for Rena's sleepy mind.
SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

@ Rena: Yes I've said I'll reread, but IRL issues have hindered progress.

The reason why I felt that NS' last moments before the hammer was important was because the claim that she gave seemed legitament from my perspective, based on my own role info. I do not like Ghostwriter's/BM's hammers (regardless of which one was the real one), though after a read on each players posts, fails to find anything paticularly scummy about each player. >_>. I like Ghostwriter as town though from it.

Next objective: A indepth iso on either Chronopie or AlmasterGM. (within the next few days)
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Considering the way he was just falling apart at the end of the day, and the way he had given up and was determined to not say anything even remotely non-scummish, I think I can lice with you not liking my hammer.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

EBWOP: that should read "I think I can live with".
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Well we can conclude that Rena =/= Haylen. At least one of her reads is incorrect, but I'm not sure on Shark.

VOTE: Rena Testing something.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Rena »

@Shark: The problem is that you've reread the game twice already, and you still have absolutely nothing new to contribute to it. That being said, I think the majority of your response to Zazie was protown. I'll let Zazie respond first before explaining further.

@Chrono: You'd probably redeem yourself more in my eyes if you actually refuted the case instead of just pointing at it and saying it's wrong...
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Starbuck wrote:Because DGB normally has some semblance of sanity when it comes to who is or isn't scum, even right from the get go, NS was too much of an easy lynch.
Easy lynch? Often times, "easy lynches" are "easy" because the players are weak members of a scumteam, and they are mega-bus'ed. I've never played with Nobody Special before, but I do know he's older than me, so it's not like I was picking on an 11-yr old that would melt down under a feather's worth of pressure. In fact, his maturity played against him; I couldn't ascribe his behavior on youth or no0bness, leaving scum being the only explanation.

Your accusations this game morning are very odd considering that NewYork game we were in, where I pushed for the lynch of a player who flipped scum, and that you kept defending. This time (correct me if my recollection is wrong, I'm not on my compy and the browser sucks so I'm not checking), you only hinted lightly that you thought NS was town (there was NO REASON to believe him to be town), yet now, you are leading the charge that I would be a scum wasting all my town-credibility and energy on lynching an EASY LYNCH townie on Day 1.

Contrary to you, I believe that the players defending NS (again, there were ZERO hints he was town, I counted them), are the ones that knew his alignment, and positioned themselves for town-cred today, hoping to frame the townies that were on his lynch.

Who would that be?

YOU, Starbuck.

Anyone else defended NS? A list would be appreciated
- I can't do it myself now, I need to reboot all the computers and the Lynksys...

I will vote for a player that defended NS yesterday.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:05 am

animorpherv1 wrote:@Zazie: I don't get it. Explain and I wil answer. If it's me living, IDK why.

vote:DGB
for elading the NS wagon.[/b]

FOS: CSL & Battle Mage
=SCUM
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:15 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
SharkFinn wrote:Wow. This is gettin heated up atm. NS is 50/50 atm, but his reactions are full of rage, which from experience is either VERY SCUMMY or VERY TOWN (depends on the play overall). I still havent seen too much to end RVS, but I will say that this dispute seems to end this. Overall, I feel like that more time is needed to get an accurate read on NS. Whatever feelings you have for him, he's probably at the polar end of the spectrum rather than in the middle. He's either really town or really scummy.
Sorry, I didn't realize NS is your buddy. I love the combination of 50/50 with both extremes thrown in. You've got it all covered. Great way to say everything at the same time and have your keister covered when the wind izza gonna blow.
Aw, I remember why I thought SharkFinn was scum.

But I do think Starbuck is the scummiest of them all.

I'm really liking BM and Rena.

vote: Starbuck

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:17 am

I'm sure the vig will come through later for ani.

vote: Starbuck

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Toogeloo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Easy lynch? Often times, "easy lynches" are "easy" because the players are weak members of a scumteam, and they are mega-bus'ed.
That is so wrong... often times the easy lynch is just bad town play that makes it easy to get momentum on their lynch. The entire basis of the NS lynch was because he vote hopped in the RVS and he still thought we were in the RVS until his train got serious.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MehPlusRawr wrote:So, you're not even comparing me to my scum meta? FAIL.

FYI I play completely differently in all my games. If you're looking for rawrscum, look for shameless lurking, ignoring questions, and being useless as opposed to accusing random people of being scum with slightly-higher-than-random-accuracy. Plus, stop referencing ongoing games.
Confirm Vote: MPR

That's me sold! :D
Toogeloo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Easy lynch? Often times, "easy lynches" are "easy" because the players are weak members of a scumteam, and they are mega-bus'ed.
That is so wrong... often times the easy lynch is just bad town play that makes it easy to get momentum on their lynch. The entire basis of the NS lynch was because he vote hopped in the RVS and he still thought we were in the RVS until his train got serious.
No. My vote on NS was because under a fairly minor degree of completely unsubstantiated pressure, he completely crumbled.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 am

@ Toogeloo

And when it got serious, he didn't hunt scum, provided no insight, and made vague threats - like caught scum does.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”