LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ythan wrote:I'm not seeing your post come together into a single point at any one place, it just looks like you were meandering about and posting thought to thought. Concision?
If UK delayed SK-scum submitting a kill, how did MO die? Killing himself?

If SK is scum and his partner killed MO, there would not be two kills last night (as no delayed SK kill existed). This means there has to be two killing roles remaining, and because no one could have actually made a kill (I think) we are dealing with two scum groups.

----on to thoughts----

First instinct says RC is scummiest role since "random RB" would let him do whatever he wanted as scum with no reprecussions. That and he reads funny to me, a lot like plege of alliegence where I called him as scum correctly.

---preview edit---

I think there are multiple groups. MO had to die somehow. Apparently SPS and SK could not have made the kill. Someone else did.

Going to go into ramble mode since I can't keep track of my own thoughts.

~Night one~
X killed MO
MO got blocked or killed SPS.

~Night two~
X killed ???
Y killed ???

For Y to be SK, there needs to be three killing groups, or a group that gets two kills a night.

SK is not scum due to the delay. It makes no sense.

FoS RC

Since he is my top pick for now, but I will take the time to reevaluate SK and Spy later on.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

So SK thinks there are two scum teams. Maybe he's not lying about suspecting me if he thinks I'm on the one he's not!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Ythan »

Also please don't call SK Y thanks.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ythan wrote:So SK thinks there are two scum teams. Maybe he's not lying about suspecting me if he thinks I'm on the one he's not!
I agree with him that there are two teams.

I see no way that there are not outside of MO somehow killing himself.
Co-host of The USL Show
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Ythan »

We need to compile the claims because I'm finding this to be a pain. Before reviewing them all, I can say that it seems someone lied and is able to kill independent from a single mafia factional kill. I won't yet assume that it's a second mafia group.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Ythan »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
Ythan wrote:I'm skeptical of him more than his role. However his failure to connect the flavor to the role is suspect. My flavor is connected to my role.
Outguessing the mod. You should know better than that in a bastard game. Especially since your speculation is my flavor not matching up with my role. What the fuck does that actually have to do with anything?
Hey remember this? Yeah this still happened.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Ythan »

LlamaFluff wrote:If he lied in my role I am going to be depressed, since there is really only one point to having me in the game.
I like this quote.

Still looking for the first claim.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ythan wrote:So SK thinks there are two scum teams. Maybe he's not lying about suspecting me if he thinks I'm on the one he's not!
Ythan wrote:Hey remember this? Yeah this still happened.
So...beyond slandering me, what exactly was the point of those posts?

The way I have things paired up, Scumteam 1 pretty much has to be Ythan and Amished, while Scumteam 2 would be Spyrex (otherwise why would he elect someone who isn't his scumpartner) and Llama/RC. SPS/Ooba does not seem scummy to me at the moment.

I'm down for a Ythan, Spyrex, or Amished lynch today. Llama/RC I'm not positive about. Gut and Spyrex-scum's elect makes me lean Llama, but I'm not sold on the prospect. RC has also been looking more town once I get past the playstyle stinkbombs he tends to throw in my direction, but I might be wrong on that. In short: let's lynch Ythan, Spyrex, or Amished, and things'll be good.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also, there is still the possibility that one of my mystery abilities is a kill and Amished-scum redirected me to someone else.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Ythan »

RedCoyote wrote:Alright, well, my character is Bullwinkle J. Moose.

I'm essentially a VT, but I have one power that I don't control. One random player's actions will not go through each night as long as I'm alive. My role does not specify who this is or if it's even the same person each night.

I hope that's good enough of a paraphrase. Last time I had to paraphrase the Mod was so upset that he banned me from all of his future games.

Anyways, now that I'm out, I probably wouldn't be the worst lynch (assuming a majority believes I'm scum) because my power is more likely to hurt the town than it is to help it. I'd like to hear from SK next personally, because he's still my favorite lynch at the moment.
SaintKerrigan wrote:I'm Jack O'Neill (of Stargate SG-1 notoriety), and I...have no idea what I do.

I'm a Town Amnesiac. I have two abilities, but I don't know what either of them do. Every night I can PM the mod to say whether I want to use Ability #1 or Ability #2, and who I want to use it on. Last night I targeted Spyrex, and nothing seemed to happen.

SPS goes next.

(Oh, and those little area segments I sometimes included in my posts were sorta-kinda hints at my name, but were mostly just for lulz.)
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:My flavour is not so much connected to my role.

I'm Presbyter Johannes (ie. Prester John), the fabled christian king which lived past the heathens in, depending on the era, India, Central Asia or Ethiopia, the latter being the most recent and most reasonable form of the myth. (This flavour wasn't in my PM, I'm just adding it for those among you that don't know Prester John.)

My role is that I might have some power, but I don't know what. I get three guesses and if I guess correctly, I can use my role. My first guess was Note Leaver, which is the role I would've made it (based on the Letter of Prester John. Sykedoc informed that was wrong and told me he had given my hint. Based on said hint, I sent in my second guess of Dayvigilante/King several days ago. I haven't heard anything from sykedoc since.

Next up I'd like Nikanor to give a full claim now that Beetlejuice has been called forth.
Nikanor wrote:Fine.
I have seven one-shot abilities. I used one on LlamaFluff and Spy last night, in that order. If it's a single-target ability, Llama will be affected only. If it's a double-target ability, Llama will be affected by the first part and Spy by the second (i.e. Llama might be redirected to Spy).

Spy should go next.
SpyreX wrote:
FoS SaintKerrigan

My backpack's got jets.

I'm Boba the Fett.

Yet, I'm not a bounty hunter.
Nor do I have these "mysterious" powers everyone keeps talking about...yet.

I can freeze someone in Carbonite jailing them.
Or, I can use my backpacks jets and become untargettable.

There is some flavor about upgrades to my Mandalorian Armor being possible but I have no idea how.

DESPITE NOT KNOWING ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME IN THE MYRIAD OF AWESOME, I didn't use my jets - I jailed SPS.
UncertainKitten wrote:Meh, I guess I'll claim since no one has claimed who I'm lookng for and we're mostly through the massclaim?

I'd post this in red, but that's skye's colors.

Jerk.

I'm Beatrice, the Golden Witch (for real this time :O!)
I am a town time warper.
I'm able to delay the action of a player by one night!

Can you guess who I targetted last night? If you can't, it was Saint Kerrigan.

I'm also looking for someone named Ushiromiya Maria, and I have three guesses to find them.

I have two ~*~mystery abilities~*~ that I get D3 and D4 respectively.

I'm guessing Maria isn't in the game or is hiding because she's scum.
Ythan wrote:What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman.

Thankfully he resent my role PM this morning, because my original seems to be truncated. I'm not allowed to talk about why I entered the game late, not that it is too hard to figure out with a tiny bit of thought, but I am allowed to tell you about my second ability. If I die or am lynched I will be replaced by a new player with no abilities. My role PM does not explicitly say that their faction will be the same as mine but I assume so.
LlamaFluff wrote:I will round out claims in the meantime, and as Ythan guessed, I am my avatar, Kovu, Emo Lion.

Paraphrasing flavor, being that I am emo I spend all my time being depressed so have not learned to be useful. I do know that everyone else is useful in at least one way. I am called "loner vanilla" but have heard it refered to as cursed vanilla in the past.

Basically it means that no one is a Vanilla Townie, im the closest there is. I was hoping that at least one scum would either have gotten a questionable role, or just taken the easy way out and claimed vanilla allowing me to catch them.

Can point to crumbs later if people want me to.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

SaintKerrigan wrote:So...beyond slandering me, what exactly was the point of those posts?
Slandering you is so sufficient a point that I could double my activity in mafia 110 here simply deriding you and it would not be enough.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Ythan »

I feel like I missed something, that's only eight claims.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

You missed StrangerCoug's, and Amished's claim is kinda everywhere.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Ythan »

Thanks darling.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

StrangerCoug wrote:Got the green light, so here we go: The dancing around I did earlier today is role information, not piñata information. I am Tyki Mikk from D.Gray-man, a random cop (obviously, not the kind that gets innocents and guilties at random). I can send a Tease after the player of my choice and get a piece of information about them. Last night I targeted Amished. Amished targeted somebody and nobody but me targeted Amished.

I also have some information spotted to me: One of Tyler Durdin or Matrim Cauthon is innocent. So if one dies and flips scum, do not lynch the other.
I'd really love a summation of Amished's claim, preferably from him but he hasn't posted in ~5 days so if someone else wants to. His iso is 7 pages and I've already been looking all over.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 am

Post by Amished »

Yeah, life sucks. I've barely been able to mod my newbie game..

I did do a full claim; Llama even questioned if I was a doctor with my summation.

I'm Yosarian, Town Redirector.

I did not target SK with my redirect or to be redirected to.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 am

Post by Amished »

Also, tomorrow night I'll have a comprehensive post up highlighting everything that I've missed.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:34 am

Post by RedCoyote »

SK 1156 wrote:If I think Ythan is 100% scum, why shouldn't I vote for him right away?
Because you can't be that sure of yourself, big guy. It makes me nervous, not as nervous that you are scum trying to throw a curveball, but moreso that you're seeing only one possible outcome. Hypothetically, what if the lynch today ended up a contest between me and Amish? The scum may or may not heavily favor one of those lynches, and it is easier for them to get their way with you out of the picture.
SK 1156 wrote:I knew plurality would get Nikanor lynched if I couldn't get a Spyrex majority, and by that time Spyrex was not only scummier than Nikanor, but a more viable candidate than Ythan (my first choice). And how is it abrupt if it happens based on newly-acquired data?
Because it seems to be more or less a pattern. A pattern of convenience I guess. Now your argument is that you have to vote who is 100% scum in your own opinion, but during D2 you were more practical with your vote.

---
Llama 1169 wrote:There just is an uncanny ammount of role blocking power in this game. UK, RC and Spy? They are all different (delay, random target, jail), but three that effect the kill seems a bit too much.
I agree with your sentiments, although I don't understand how Spyrex is somehow cleaner in your book. I'll put my value in this game up against his any day of the week.

---
SK 1170 wrote:Would it complicate things more if I said I was willing to compromise and do a Spyrex lynch today?
Thanks for the support, but it's a little late for you to be evaluating where you'd be comfortable voting, SK, given the Mod's twist.

---
Llama 1175 wrote:For Y to be SK, there needs to be three killing groups, or a group that gets two kills a night.

Wait, explain to me how this isn't possible. UK only got to use her night action once, correct? That was during N1. This means that she delayed SK, and we only had one kill during that night. She died the next night, and there were now two kills during last night. What part of this doesn't make sense? Assuming SK is scum, his kill that was meant for N1 was just delayed to N2, right?

At the moment I think I'd prefer to chalk the second kill to Bastard Modding than I would to a second scum team, although I don't want to go on record saying that I completely discount the theory. With all the potential roleblocking roles, it's very possible that the game could have three killing factions.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:54 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

RedCoyote wrote:
Llama 1169 wrote:There just is an uncanny ammount of role blocking power in this game. UK, RC and Spy? They are all different (delay, random target, jail), but three that effect the kill seems a bit too much.
I agree with your sentiments, although I don't understand how Spyrex is somehow cleaner in your book. I'll put my value in this game up against his any day of the week.
Activity yes, you are beating him. I read you as slightly scummy, although this is the first time I have ever had a very hard time reading spy. While he is not hitting his big scumtells, he is missing most of his towntells, especially the big ones. I would be OK with a spy wagon, but yourself and SK are a little better of a pick to me.
Llama 1175 wrote:For Y to be SK, there needs to be three killing groups, or a group that gets two kills a night.

Wait, explain to me how this isn't possible. UK only got to use her night action once, correct? That was during N1. This means that she delayed SK, and we only had one kill during that night. She died the next night, and there were now two kills during last night. What part of this doesn't make sense? Assuming SK is scum, his kill that was meant for N1 was just delayed to N2, right?[/quote]

If SK was the member of the scum making the kill N1, MO could not have died. Someone killed MO. It was not SK. It was not SPS.

MOs kill was not delayed, so it was apparently blocked by either RC or Spy saved SPS.

Next night two die. There are no delayed kills as proven above, meaning there are two killing groups.

If SK was delayed N1 someone else killed MO. I am going to discount him committing suicide.
Co-host of The USL Show
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, this is awesome and all but I'm ready to throw down:

RC I've been pretty clear about having a blaze game because I can't wrap around it. Calling me out on that is fine.

HOWEVER, going "ohh look at me and all my contributions" is garbage. Absolute garbage. Show it. Show this myriad of contributions. Be sure to clarify how I'm scum with SK but on this page you are hand-wringing about SK actually being scum but still gung ho on me.

Hell, I'll up it a notch.

LLama shoot RC. If he flips town lynch me. Its not happening.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

RedCoyote wrote:Because you can't be that sure of yourself, big guy.
Can, and will. I've already explained dozens of times why I have this confidence, so I'll not bother to recap it here.
RedCoyote wrote:Hypothetically, what if the lynch today ended up a contest between me and Amish? The scum may or may not heavily favor one of those lynches, and it is easier for them to get their way with you out of the picture.
Why are you assuming that I'm going to keep my vote on Ythan for the entirety of Day 3, bar none? It's not like I've said anything to that effect.
RedCoyote wrote:Because it seems to be more or less a pattern. A pattern of convenience I guess. Now your argument is that you have to vote who is 100% scum in your own opinion, but during D2 you were more practical with your vote.
Explain how it's a "pattern of convenience". My Spyrex vote at the end of D2 was clearly based on SPS's damning data, and the preceding Nikanor vote was from before I realized that plurality would lynch him. Also, Day 2 I didn't start with the knowledge that Ythan was 100% scum. Day 3 I did.
RedCoyote wrote:Thanks for the support, but it's a little late for you to be evaluating where you'd be comfortable voting, SK, given the Mod's twist.
What twist?

Ugh, this Spyrex super-buddying with Llama is driving me crazy. :P
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

You've explained dozens of times and not once has repeating yourself actually improved your terrible case. Now, considering that repeating it ad nauseum has been your only strategy, that leaves you with what?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

A huge "I told you so" when the game's over. It's pretty much starting to go to that point, since I'm having trouble finding another way to explain this to people. :P
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Ythan »

Yes, all you have to contribute to this game is hypothetical post-game snark. When that doesn't pan out will you see how useless you truly are?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

This isn't a hate thread, Ythan. The mod already established that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”