Newbie 988-Apocalypse(Over)-Scum win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by montgomery »

Hey, everyone. I'm Aimee and I'm from Canberra, Australia and female. This is my second game of forum mafia. My last game I was a goon and won. I have played epicmafia.com for 8 months (which is like forum mafia but automated and much shorter) but aside from that, my only other experience with mafia is my last game on this site. Jackabomb, do you happen to be from em? I recognise the avatar/name.

Vote: Makeorbreak
because you can't trust someone with a Blair Waldorf icon.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by montgomery »

EBWOP Oh sorry, didn't realise past games weren't allowed to be discussed until I posted that. That will teach me to not skim read.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by montgomery »

Yeah Jackabomb, I recognise you from EM (we have played games together)
Anyway
Vote: Makeorbreak
because as I said before, you can't trust someone with a Blair Waldorf icon.
Tags fixed.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by montgomery »

So that's an OMGUS. That's interesting.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by montgomery »

Okay sorry for the inactivity, been busy with school. First off, I really dislike the way MakeorBreak is approaching this, she is essentially active lurking, by making posts with very little content and isn’t in any way trying to aide town. Saying “Oh hurr hurr I’m being voted and am emotional!” Isn’t in any way trying to scum hunt, and wanting to further a bandwagon at RVS is counter-productive to town. I also find it very strange the way MakeorBreak acted towards my vote on RVS. To be honest if I didn’t know better I would say MakeorBreak was a troll, but I’m not sure. @MakeorBreak - did you feel like by OMGUSing me you where trying to further a lynch? Do you feel like a lynch this early in the day is a good strategy.

I think it is strange that Adrien is unvoting because usually town are emotional, but usually town also try and find mafia (and in my experience, town try to be logical and point out how they aren’t scum instead of making empty posts) and to take your vote off because of this is very strange.

The only over thing I noticed was Bean dismissing Deke’s curiosity over it being day one. It seems odd to say that because it is day one, actions shouldn’t be asked to explain/be pointed out for being suspicious. Mafia will do things to further their agenda even on day one, and town should try to find these things, so it seems like an odd move. @Bean - Why is it that you think actions done early in the game shouldn't be analysed thoroughly?
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Post by montgomery »

Also can we please keep this on topic. Save the irrelevant to game stuff for some other time.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by montgomery »

Also, sorry for the triple post but could someone please clarify what AtE means?
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 am

Post by montgomery »

Beanman, I think so (I think I got confused who is who with the multiple quotes stacked together). Sorry for that. @Dekes - Why is it that you think actions done early in the game shouldn't be analysed thoroughly?
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:08 am

Post by montgomery »

And Yabba thanks for the link, I tried searching AtE in the wiki but no search results came up so that link will be very helpful!
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:56 am

Post by montgomery »

I honestly think that Make is a troll. First off she says she is 17 in game but her profile states 19 and then she continues to make inane chatter and remarks about how she is crying with nothing to set it off. I'm not sure if MS has much of a trolling problem but it seems very suspicious.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by montgomery »

I find it very odd that Adrien seems to be almost protecting MOB, when she is clearly not contributing anything and is a troll.
Hello my fellow survivors. I stand before you today to beg for my life. I have stood here today, with my hair flowing around me, looking pretty. I am more then a body, I am a brain. I am fortunate enough to have the brain that I do, and the life that I do. Kyle is hiding behind me, letting me take the bullet. Hypocrisy, if that's not reason enough for a lynch, what is? I have tried to help, but I am new, and I'm not good at your lingo. I can promise that I'm not going to sit around while being targeted. I will stand up for myself, and yes, I vote out of retaliation, and majority. What more can we rely on now than majority?
Can anybody really take this seriously, with her hair flowing around her? This screams of trolling and I would really like to get rid of the person who is going to ruin the game by not contributing and making posts like this. Kyle is also acting odd but I think it would be more valuable to get rid of MOB early in the game.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by montgomery »

And to contribute to the how do roles work discussion - in my one previous game here I was scum with a fellow newbie partner so it appears that the roles are just randomised.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 am

Post by montgomery »

Makeorbreak isn't an "obviously erractic" player, they are an obvious troll. Nobody makes statements about swinging their hair attractively and reacts that way she does that is serious. Trolls purposes are to ruin games, the longer Makeorbreak is kept around the more potential they have to ruin the game. It is better to get rid of them now while we have a ml then having them continue to troll later on when we can't afford a lynch of them if they are town. It is best to eleminate trolls early in the game then we can focus on kyle and etc.
montgomery
montgomery
Townie
montgomery
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by montgomery »

Sorry, have been busy and will just reply to the past couple of posts. I should be able too write a summary on my thoughts of the past few pages in a few hours. For the record I think MOB emailing is another act of trolling, the exact same thing happened to me last game and instead of resorting to emailing a fellow member of the game, I waited. It didn't take longer then 24 hours and surely because MOB has been posting very sprodically throughout - they would be okay with waiting the extra time. I just don't think someone who takes this game seriously would do something like that.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”