Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Regarding the cop investigation scan, the scummiest person should be investigated while the second scummiest should be lynched and vice versa. We will gain the most information that way.
hasdgfas wrote:This has to be the most bizarre question I've ever seen in my life. Why the heck are you asking it?
The reason why I asked the question was because I had an idea that could help kill scums faster. I thought if we were allowed joint lynches that we could use that oppertunity to kill two scums in one Day, which would increase the chance of town winning.
xvart wrote:Do you want to know so you know if you need to kill him tonight or not?
No. I asked because while I believed the claim, I was doubting that it was a daily Day Vigilante, especially since Thor665 did not shoot Day 1 or Day 2. Luckily, he has proven the vatality of his claim and I think he's town.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Benmage »

@Cow
Did you want me to go back and look at when you gave me that meager bullet list of why SSBF is scummy. Yeah sure that one point on going back and forth on Raivain is the one decent point there. I'll look in to it. Which is more or less what I replied to when it was suggested he was a Greyjoy, it might have even been your comment which I was thinking of when I said others named him scummy for those actions.

But looking at your iso and how you hold dana on the sideline calling him scummy but refuse to take action there and pursue SSBF makes me think you are a Lannister. It looks very similar to the way I doubt it also acted. Keeping dana on the backburner calling him scum, but not acting on it.

I'd be happy with Macav, Mina, or Cow stepping forward. Cow mostly now.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Mina »

Oh. My. God.

CSL, are you doing this on purpose? Did you miss the part where WE LOSE A FREE COP INSPECT if we lynch before the week is up? UNVOTE! Anyone who's town on the SSBF wagon, unvote now and just revote him afterward! Also, didn't you notice the part where Locke claimed a guilty on him?

Whoever puts SSBF at L-1 or hammers is confirmed scum.

But that said...um, SSBF, how about instead of giving us useless blathering on theory, you say which players in particular should be lynched/investigated?
==================================================
I asked Eddard Stark, and he said I could paraphrase our QT, but not quote it. (I guess Percy's quote happened too quickly for Faraday to punish it.) Cow, feel free to correct me if you think I've got anything wrong.

On N1, I received an invitation telling me that I'd been selected to join the Sworn Brotherhood of the Kingsguard. Here's a synopsis of what went down there. I'll go into as much detail as possible, just to point out suspicious comments and motives for a NK. I'll just do N1 for now, because the QT is looooong.

Night One

1)
LynchMePls
writes an awesome introduction post with lots of geeky flavour and formal courtly language about why he chose each of us as knights to serve in Ser Barristan the Bold's newly formed Kingsguard. It's irrelevant now, but seriously, you have to check our QT out after the game. It was so cool. He points out that he breadcrumbed his role in his first post of the game. He explains that he was looking for players who 1) were intelligent (not VIs), and 2) he thought were town (although that second one didn't work out so well).

In a nutshell, his reasons for choosing us:

-Percy: LMP had decided from the beginning to elect the Hand into the Kingsguard. Reiterates that he thought Percy was a great choice for Hand, and meets both requirements.
-Drippereth: LMP liked their mix of passion and logic, and also said we'd get two players at once with their inclusion.
-Hascow: LMP liked his defence from Axelrod's attack, as well as his observation, wisdom, and ability to make good points in concise ways.
-Mina: LynchMe says that he initially had doubts about me, but that toward the end, he thought my playstyle was brave and that I'm willing to challenge players whose opinions are different from my own.
-Raivann: LMP wanted Raivann to join the kingsguard so we could direct the vig kill, and also so we could keep an eye on him.
-Seventh spot: Blank. LynchMe's idea was for us to decide on who the kingsguard would be.

2)
Hascow
says it's okay, he was also geeking out, more welcoming stuff, etc. He says he'd have to look at the game again to see who he'd pick as the seventh. Says we have a pretty good group so far, and that Raivann was a good choice whatever you thought of his play. Asks if we should trust each other to nameclaim or roleclaim, or if we should keep it a secret just in case there are scum in the QT.
(That rose a minor red flag at the time.)

3)
Raivann
is excited to be on the kingsguard, says he knew lynchmepls was town, and votes for xvart to join. (
I personally think this rules xvart out as a Greyjoy
, because I don't think Raivann would have been that bold when there were already two Greyjoys on the guard.)

4)
Raivann
posts again, and reiterates that LMP is obvtown because of his abilities. In his follow-up post, he ranks the kingsguard from trustworthy to least trustworthy as follows: Raivann, LynchMePls, Drippereth, Cow, Percy, Mina.

5) I (
Mina
) geek out a little (and style myself Dame Mina the Evil Pink Butterfly), thank LMP for the invitation, and say it's too bad I already had a town read on him. I say that although he made good picks overall, I don't fully trust all the players in this topic, so we shouldn't claim--and that judging from the flips, names are more closely linked to abilities than in the mini. I say that my top choice would be Thor (because of how genuine he looked when he pushed an alternate lynch mob to CMAR), but that I need to reread him. I ask Percy if he'd like to address my suspicions of him from the main thread in the QT. I say that I'm excited to see Raivann there, because I'd started typing up an analysis explaining why he shouldn't vig Richard, but the thread was locked before I could post it.

6) After noticing that I've been cross-posted, I (
Mina
) ask Raivann if he has actual reasons for suspecting me, or if he's just doing so because I was scum and he didn't catch on in the mini (and enjoy his paranoia). I post my huge--MONSTROUS--analysis with underlining and bullets, calculating the number of confirmed towns we'd get, suspects we'd eliminate, and scum we'd catch in all scenarios (Richard!town gets vigged, Richard!scum gets vigged, Richard!town is spared and Loras claims, Richard!scum is spared and Loras doesn't claim). There's no point in me paraphrasing it, but can I just say that I would have never wasted my time doing that had I been Raivann's scumbuddy?

7)
Raivann
says he suspects me both because of my ability as scum, and because my defence of Richard made him wary of me. He then asks me what I thought of LynchMePls' case against Richard, and if I was confident that LMP was town when I dismissed his case.

8) I (
Mina
) wonder out loud if Renly and Loras would ever be fakeclaims. I advise against nominating xvart to the kingsguard (sorry, xvart), because I found him much less protown than in the mini, say I disliked his behaviour concerning CMAR at the end of the day, and found his jumps aboard the Richard and Deer wagons sheepy. I say he's playing the kind of reasonable game without much passion or conviction that any decent player could pull off as scum. But I say I need to reread him. I tell Percy that's why I asked him about his townread of xvart, although I grant him he might just see eye-to-eye with xvart about dana.

9) I (
Mina
) write a huge post answering Raivann's questions in #7 and explaining the evolution of my thoughts on Richard and LynchMePls. (If someone thinks it would be useful at discerning my alignment, I can paraphrase it, but I won't bother now because both players are confirmed town.) I mention in it that I had a gut town read of Axelrod and disliked Cow's weakly reasoned FOS of him. At the end, I ask Raivann what made him so sure that Richard was scum, and which parts of LMP's case did he like and which parts dislike.

10)
Raivann
answers my questions. He discusses Richard, LMP, and CMAR, but since all have flipped or been confirmed, I don't think it's relevant.

11)
Percy
also geeks out at being invited into the Kingsguard, and says that he approves of his choices (especially Raivann :mad:). Says that even if Raivann is scum, we can direct the kill choice and keep an eye on him, and if he's town, we get to help the vig.

This part is beautiful. He says that he understands why people have doubts about him, but that he's frustrated that three of the Kingsguard members (LMP, Drippereth, me) have all said there's something suspicious about Percy, but can't explain what. He says that he'll answer questions we have, but won't respond to vague suspicions. And he chides us because it might have swayed away a town protective role from him! He's town, and he knows that he'll be nightkilled eventually, but if he's killed tonight, we shouldn't discount the effect the three of us might have had on the doctor. :lol: (I totally fell for this in the QT.)

Agrees that LMP is almost completely confirmed town. Disagrees with my analysis on why Loras should claim tomorrow.

He answers my in-thread question about his town read on xvart. Firstly, he says part of it was context--he was solidifying his Raise vote of xvart over Drippereth. He says to look at xvart's ISO early in the game. He says it's intelligent scumhunting, especially xvart's attack of danakillsu and probing of SSBF. (
Could be distancing from SSBF
.) Says that his townread has eroded since then because of xvart's absence.

He defends himself against my "softly supporting the popular wagons" and "planting seeds of doubt" comments. The only relevant bit (now that we know he's confirmed scum) was that he knows Unsight accused him of planting seeds of doubt, but that he has a reason for probing at Unsight; Percy finds it hard to read players like that who just pop up now and then with erudite observations, so accusing them of being scum gets them talking. (Based on this,
I don't think Unsight is a Greyjoy
. The way he talks about "probing for motivations" makes me think it isn't distancing. Like with Raivann vs. dana, this looks more like scumhunting for the other faction.)

He advises Raivann to shoot one of {danakillsu, SSBF, vezopiraka, CSL, Kinetic}. Considering he knew Raivann's kill was fake,
there is a high chance that one of the people on that list is his scumbuddy
(Caveat: since his targets were all group suspects, it's nothing conclusive). Says that four of them are better off vigged than alive, but that perhaps SSBF is better off keeping around for another day. (
I'd say this counter-intuitively makes SSBF a less likely Greyjoy. Would Percy bother to subtly defend a buddy when he knows the kill won't go through? But again, it's not conclusive either way.
)

12)
LynchMePls
talks about flavour analysis (the Umber flip told him the Starks were good guys), his Richard-CMAR-Axelrod case, and his disagreement with my "don't vig Richard and make Loras claim tomorrow" plan. It isn't really relevant, now that he and Richard are confirmed town. But he advocates a {danakillsu, SSBF, CSL, Kinetic} vig, then adds as an afterthought that vezo or Axelrod would also be good choices.

13)
Percy
suggests julienvonwolfe as the final Kingsguard and makes the softclaim. He then suggests we narrow the vig down to two players. He suggests dana for being "obvscum" or CSL for being "lurkerscum." I'm neutral on whether this was distancing from CSL, since he goes on to vote CSL the next day.

14)
LynchMePls
says we should narrow the vig down to four players.

15)
Hascow
agrees that 3-4 is a good number for vig targets. Says his vig choices are SSBF, Axelrod, and vezo. In response to my comment about his Axelrod FOS, he says that although he didn't expect everyone to agree with it, he didn't like Axelrod's play. He thought Axelrod didn't put enough effort into scumhunting and making cases, but he understands how I could have a gut town read on a suspect, since Cow's done that before. He tells Raivann (in response to a comment I left out about catching scum in the RVS) that there's nothing wrong with relying on RVS reads. He disagrees with LMP's Umber catch, saying we don't know for sure that the Starks aren't a scumgroup and we shouldn't count anyone out. He also supports Thor as an option for the Kingsguard. I remember this post gave me mixed vibes. I liked his reasoning for his Axelrod suspicions (although he'd FOSsed Axel for something else--his attacking Drippereth's playstyle without naming Dripp) and his Thor nomination, but got the feeling he was being vague and trying to appease. Also thought he might have been sheeping LMP by pushing an Axel vig.

{I'll leave out a few posts, since they're just LMP, Cow, and Percy discussing how many players should be on the vig list, vigging theory, and Vengeful games. We also all wonder why Drippereth hasn't checked in. Point of interest: Percy reread Thor and said he's good with him, as well as JVW.}

16) I (
Mina
) write a giant, rambling wall. I'll leave out some of my stream-of-consciousness observations but in it, I:
-compliment LMP on being in his second game and playing so well.
-wonder where are Drippereth and Raivann (who's stopped posting in the QT), and whatever happened to Locke Lamora.
-say that my top suspects are CSL and Kinetic, but speculate that CSL could be Loras (based on his reaction to Richard's claim).
-admit that I actually WAS trying to set up Percy for an eventual nightkill, because like I reasoned early on D1, we can't leave a scum double-voter alive in endgame...but that oh shit, Percy's defence post sounded really townish, what have I done...and my case was pretty much all just bad vibes, so feel free to post that defence in the main thread tomorrow and I'll answer. I was also afraid that I'd be killed on N1, so I wanted to get all my suspicions out before I died.
-say that after ISO-ing xvart, he looks more townish than I remembered, and that I'd be okay with him joining (but prefer jvw or Thor). Get paranoid that Thor's following of me and Percy onto Raivann and last-minute wagon of Budja when it was too late to work could be scummy, but say that the execution looks townish.

17) LMP decides to break the tie by inviting julienvonwolfe into the kingsguard.

Thread closed.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: I mean, didn't you notice, CSL, that Locke got a guilty result on Percy? Or did you just skim and see the daykill?

Benmage, it worries me that I agree with you.

There's a lot of interesting stuff from N2, but I'm out of time right now. Maybe later.

Anyway, if you'll notice, early on D2, DGB mentions that neither she nor Elli checked the Drippereth account PMs that night. Obviously, it was a response to all of us wondering why they hadn't shown up. In hindsight, I should have realized this made Drippereth a confirmed vanilla townie, but I thought at the time that they might have still been scum who didn't take an action that night and just hung out in their QT because I'm an idiot (I'll elaborate more on this another day).

Since D2, I've been certain that Raivann's team was behind the jvw kill, and that we helpfully talked the Greyjoys into killing julienvonwolfe instead of xvart. The drowning kill changes things, of course. Notice that Percy was very quick to come to the opposite conclusion--that "poisoning" and "driving someone to suicide" weren't Greyjoy kill flavours (in the QT, he said that "poisoning" wasn't a Greyjoy flavour in response to my post. That's why drowning makes me. LMP was actually coming under mild suspicion. The odds that the same killer would take out both jvw and LMP without knowing who they are would be slim. That's why I think there's a Lannister on the kingsguard. If SSBF flips town or Greyjoy, then unless Axelrod is a Lannister and made that case to deliberately frame SSBF, there's no motivation for it.

I think that someone stopped the Greyjoy kill on N1.
No one reveal anything now, but just remember this (or reveal what's up with "suicide") when it's time to massclaim.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Thor665 wrote:The Percy death post alone is making me more interested in actually reading the books - sounds like some interesting flavor to the stories.
DO IT NOW
vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
Vote SSBF

I got saved by a miracle. Yay for me.
Is this pure bandwagoning or do you actually think he is scummy? Could you please say more in your posts? You're not going to stay alive(which seems to be your goal) by posting like this.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Regarding the cop investigation scan, the scummiest person should be investigated while the second scummiest should be lynched and vice versa. We will gain the most information that way.
Really? You'd rather investigate someone scummy than someone that's hard to read and a ton of people are unsure about? That's slightly bizarre, IMO.
hasdgfas wrote:This has to be the most bizarre question I've ever seen in my life. Why the heck are you asking it?
The reason why I asked the question was because I had an idea that could help kill scums faster. I thought if we were allowed joint lynches that we could use that oppertunity to kill two scums in one Day, which would increase the chance of town winning.[/quote]
I. What?
Benmage wrote:But looking at your iso and how you hold dana on the sideline calling him scummy but refuse to take action there and pursue SSBF makes me think you are a Lannister. It looks very similar to the way I doubt it also acted. Keeping dana on the backburner calling him scum, but not acting on it.
I've been on SSBF all game. I'm not going to move from my top suspicion without good reason.

Dear me, people. Read the game and stop voting SSBF so close to a lynch and lose us a cop inv
unvote
so nothing stupid happens.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Benmage »

Mina wrote: Benmage, it worries me that I agree with you.
Why, I've had good reads this game.

I'm sad I wasn't thought to join the kings guard :cry: damn hippies.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Benmage »

hasdgfas wrote:
Benmage wrote:But looking at your iso and how you hold dana on the sideline calling him scummy but refuse to take action there and pursue SSBF makes me think you are a Lannister. It looks very similar to the way I doubt it also acted. Keeping dana on the backburner calling him scum, but not acting on it.
I've been on SSBF all game. I'm not going to move from my top suspicion without good reason.
I'm not sold. The bullet case was nothing special. And I felt like I had to pull teeth to get you to campaign for someone your so convinced is scum. I want you to step forward. If you check out, I'd probably be fine with letting thor blow him away tomorrow.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: wow, I really didn't edit that second-to-last paragraph properly. Anyway, I just realized that Percy never said that "suicide" wasn't a Greyjoy kill method. (I mixed it up with MoI's set-up speculation.) Here's the quote:

[quote=Percy]Perhaps he was "hired" to do a job he couldn't carry out for some reason, or it's
an obtuse kill method
. I don't think we should be assuming that Budja is an hero.[/quote]
On N2, I mentioned in the QT that I thought we'd helpfully advised the Greyjoys to kill julienvonwolfe. LynchMePls agreed with me. Meanwhile, Percy says that poisoning is a Lannister kill method, not a Greyjoy kill method.

Budja still seems to be an unlikely choice, but I suppose it could have been an attempt at a crosskill. Drippereth has been on to Percy all game (and I apologize to them in their graves for ever doubting them), so he had a motive to kill them. But I know Percy expressed some suspicion of Drippereth in the QT (he even said he liked her as a Lannister), although I don't know if it was sincere. Scum!Percy would have an interest in eliminating those who could nightkill him as quickly as possible.

So take back what I said about the Greyjoy kill being blocked.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Macavitar »

Benmage wrote:You guys have never left mafia on and left your computer :eek: :?
It wasn't left on his computer. He was coming in and out checking the thread between each time I mentioned him.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Benmage wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
I'm not sold. The bullet case was nothing special. And I felt like I had to pull teeth to get you to campaign for someone your so convinced is scum. I want you to step forward. If you check out, I'd probably be fine with letting thor blow him away tomorrow.
I've already stepped forward.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

I meant I want us to vote you for the cop thing.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by xvart »

CSL, 1523 wrote:As I was browsing this thread today, I found something peculiar.

Every page I read, I found at the bottom that SSBF was on the active list.

I expected a huge post by him, but no.

Activelurker = scum!

Vote: SSBF

DIESCUMDIE

Also, Percy's flip was surprising. I had him pegged as town. Whoever shot him, good job!
Woah. Isn't this like calling the kettle black? You are accusing someone of active lurking and then you go off on not knowing who killed Percy, congratulating them, and not seeing the last few posts saying "hold off on the SSBF votes?" And the cheerleading...

With that thought while withholding my SSBF vote:
Vote: CSL

Super Smash Bros. Fan, 1525 wrote:Regarding the cop investigation scan, the scummiest person should be investigated while the second scummiest should be lynched and vice versa.
I disagree. I think the scummiest person should be lynched and the second scummiest or even someone moderately scummy should be investigated.
Mina, 1532 wrote:So take back what I said about the Greyjoy kill being blocked.
But drowning sounds more like a Greyjoy kill flavor to me. They worship the drowned god, etc. Since there is only one drowned kill so far this game I would agree that the Greyjoy kill was blocked the first night. The hacked to pieces flavor is more of a renegade flavor, and the only person I can think of is the Hound, but again as was pointed out, he didn't part ways with the Lannisters until the end of the book, and if he was a Lannister aligned then that would give them two kills, which doesn't seem likely.

I know this post is more of flavor speculation, but there's a lot more I want to take a look at in Mina's account of the Knightguard QT, but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by diddin »

I'm thinking one of two candidates for the hacked to pieces flavour: Vargo Hoat or Gregor Clegane.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Locke wrote:Magna: if I let on to Percy straight away that I knew he was Asha, it still gives him potential to try and wiggle round it. Asha and Theon aren't exactly friendly at the best of times and I bet he could have dragged this out a lot longer by trying to adapt to the claim - especially as he would have known I had a name and not a guilty.
I understand what you are saying and will defer to your flavour knowledge. I have none so from my perspective I expected anyone with the name Greyjoy / Lannister to be scum. If anything I would have approached diddin first and then laid out Percy after seeing how diddin responded. Same expect result, I know.
Macavitar wrote:Caught you stalking this thread and yet you appear to be strategically avoiding commenting on Percy's flip for now. Diescumdie.
I was under the impression that those listed at the bottom are those viewing the entire Theme Park, not just this thread. Test for yourself. Load up a thread, look at those listed as viewing, and go back to Theme Park and look at the list. I think you will find that they are the same if you do it fast enough.

That all said I know for a fact that SSBF is actively involved in another Theme Park ongoing game. So attack him for not posting but don’t use incorrect data to support it.
Vezo wrote:unvote
Vote SSBF
I got saved by a miracle. Yay for me.
Insert facepalm pic here.
Thor just posted that SSBF was at L-3. The WORST POSSIBLE THING TO DO, even if SSBF is scum, is to end the day before our Worship vote. And that’s just what it looks like you are doing without considering the consequences.
CSL wrote:Also, Percy's flip was surprising. I had him pegged as town. Whoever shot him, good job!
Are you not bothering to even read the rest of the thread? Are you actively trying to catch Vezo in the VI of the Year awards?

@Mina
– Given your absolute refusal to see dana as scum why should we not be considering you as the theorized Lannister on the Kingsguard?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by diddin »

The users browsing thing is for the whole forum, and I know for a fact that he made a post in his other ongoing Theme Park game right after we started calling him for being in Theme park but not posting.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You'd think with 4 dead scum that at some point we'd start running out of people competing to be scummy.

SSBF is very high on my list for lynching. I understand Mina's arguments for perhaps wanting to investigate a top suspect, but I'm happier with targeting someone who is harder for me to read. I actually agree with the logic for the hasdlkhsglkahsad investigation. I'm still including Unsight, Macavistar, CSL, and Rifka as all good choices as well. I know I mentioned Vezo earlier but I now have to admit I'm starting to edge around to just wanting him dead one way or another at this point. If he's town I officially hate him more then tapioca at this stage.

I'd like to lynch SSBF and don't support any conversation that doesn't involve him being dead or Worship scanned at the end of day.

I'm suspicious the voting stage is going to be one of those silent votes (like the stabbing yesterday) so I personally advocate we come to a bit of consensus prior to the thread lock. I'd probably advocate Macavistar and hasdsdfkajg as my top two picks from my own list presuming we lynch SSBF. If either of them are scum I'd like to know so we can kill them, and conversely I like the way they post and investigate (I'll clarify the new half of Macavity does this for me more then the predecessor) - so if they're town I'd like to know I can trust their reads more.

I'm meh on the Mina scan since my personal read on her thus far is townish. I think that covers all the serious contenders that have been mentioned.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

diddin's avatar switchout made me think I lost another entire page there for a second. I now officially hate him as well ;)
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Unvote
just for the time being.

Has SSBF claimed yet? I am too lazy to go looking it up, but if he hasn't, I'd say that's what needs to happen next. And it would be great if that happened before we had to pick who to investigate.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by xvart »

Axelrod wrote:Has SSBF claimed yet? I am too lazy to go looking it up, but if he hasn't, I'd say that's what needs to happen next. And it would be great if that happened before we had to pick who to investigate.
No; he hasn't. And just by the fact that I think he would be at L-1 I think it is appropriate to get a claim.

Mina (or anyone in the Kingsguard) - when did LMP's invitation get sent out to the first group? That would be good to know for context in reading those that are in the Guard.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

xvart wrote:Mina (or anyone in the Kingsguard) - when did LMP's invitation get sent out to the first group? That would be good to know for context in reading those that are in the Guard.

xvart.
I got it basically as soon as night started, iirc. He seemed to have most of his picks settled right away. Except for jvw
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Mina »

I was going to start my paraphrase of the N2 QT (it's shorter, but there is some juicy stuff there), but it's late. I'll save it for tomorrow.

diddin
, Gregor Clegane and Vargo Hoat are both aligned with the Lannisters. The hacked-to-pieces killer must be at worst a neutral, although I have no idea which character would work as a SK given the flips we've had so far. (That said, Jaime Lannister hacked people to pieces in the mini.) Anyway, let's not speculate on it until we get a few more kills.

Thor
, maybe the Percy flip has made me more disposed to investigations on stronger players (although I still dislike the strategy of rolling a dice and hoping a good player drew a scum PM if you don't have concrete reasons to suspect them), but I'm now leaning toward a SSBF lynch and hasdgfas...um, worthiness-proving. Cow is the kind of player I'm a little antsy about lynching without an investigation, even leaving aside the kill evidence.

xvart
:
1) The invitations were sent out at the beginning of N1.

2) Remember how in the mini, each player had his own kill flavour? So even though both you and Percy were Lannister kills, your throat was slashed (you're welcome :D), while Percy and Locke were hacked to pieces. It's possible (albeit unlikely) that one Greyjoy kills people by driving them to suicide. We'll worry about it during massclaim (in which case a doc gives us a confirmed not-Greyjoy or jailkeeper/RB gives us a potential Greyjoy).

3)
xvart wrote: Woah. Isn't this like calling the kettle black? You are accusing someone of active lurking and then you go off on not knowing who killed Percy, congratulating them, and not seeing the last few posts saying "hold off on the SSBF votes?" And the cheerleading...
Actually, um...I just noticed something about CSL. But I'd like a reaction from CSL to my post (since it doesn't seem like he's reading the thread) first.

Benmage
, this is kind of annoying. I was supposed to rip you to shreds today and teach you that bullying never pays! Stop making me love you!

On the bright side, making a case on Hascow will take much less effort than making a case on you. For one thing, his post count is lower.
@Mina – Given your absolute refusal to see dana as scum why should we not be considering you as the theorized Lannister on the Kingsguard?
In all honesty, I could see myself as a Lannister from an outside POV. I mention in the QT on N2 that I expected to get a lot of heat today for my defence of danakillsu. (Instead, I'm getting heat for being a potential Greyjoy, even though I'm probably the second least likely player in the game who isn't confirmed town--Mikujin is first--to be a Greyjoy based on my D1 interaction with Raivann.) My defence, however, is that my motivations don't make sense for someone who knew that danakillsu would flip scum.

I'll be honest and admit that I actually DID try a gambit once (on another site) in which my buddies and I all blatantly defended each other and complimented each other's cases. It worked because the players we were up against were the kind who would go through every sentence in a flipped scum's post and eliminate partners if he or she spontaneously volunteered a defence or positive opinion of them. But I don't think it would work on mafiascum (maybe with DGB, since she uses the same defend = not-a-buddy, jump-late-on-the-wagon = buddy logic).

When danakillsu was being wagoned, I ignored both him and the counterwagon that was the only viable way to save his life. I just sat in my corner shouting, "Hey, over here! Anyone suspect CSL? Anyone?" Then I drew a lot of needless attention to myself with my last-minute defence of dana. To be honest, I knew the chances of the vezo counterwagon working one day before the lynch were slim to nil. Had I been scum, I would have evaluated the risk and decided not to bother. But since I'd thought there was nothing to lose by defending him, I tried to get players on my suspect list lynched instead of sitting back and watching another town read be a deadline lynch.

In all honesty, I wasn't caught up for much of D2. danakillsu and SSBF were both blind spots, and I was more focused on other players because the two of them were getting so much attention. I was also biased against their wagons because not one person in the game (other than perhaps Drippereth) had anything positive to say about them, and they were drawing attention away from my own pet wagon (CSL). And obviously, I can't take credit for knowing this if I'm really a Lannister, but I was right that danakillsu didn't fit at all as a Raivann buddy. Raivann's interactions with dana invalidated most of Percy's case. I thought the behavioural stuff wasn't damning for a player I'd seen make VI moves in the town game we were in together. And he made a couple of comments that sounded genuine.

Lastly, this is WIFOM, but it's true. You know what's a stupid move? Killing targets that would be unlikely for anyone who didn't have inside information, when other people in the game know that you have this information. You know how I've proven that I knew this would be stupid? Because my first post on D3 said, "Hey, look at these nightkills that obviously tie to either me or Cow!" (since Percy couldn't be a Lannister based on his play). So if I were scum, what I've just done is deliberately make nightkills that incriminate me and one other player, and then immediately put myself in a soft 1 v. 1 with that player. It's far too much risk just to make Cow look guilty, particularly since people would take a hard look at me if he flipped town.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by xvart »

hasdgfas wrote:I got it basically as soon as night started, iirc. He seemed to have most of his picks settled right away. Except for jvw
Thanks, I now see that Mina said during N1. I was starting to wonder as I was ISOing you as to the nature of some of your interactions with Mina and being in the Kingsguard.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Mina »

Cow, what I'd like to see from you is heavy-duty scumhunting instead of soft questions, superficial observations, and defence. Answer this:

1) Which two players do you think are most likely to be Greyjoys?

2) Which two players do you think are most likely to be Lannisters?

3) Whom do you think should be investigated today? (Obviously, you want SSBF lynched.)

4) Do you think I'm a Lannister, given the Kingsguard poisonings (and given that you should know you're not guilty if you're town)?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Mina »

For the record, xvart, I wanted to follow up more on my Cow suspicions on D1, but didn't have a lot of time on. On N1, I suppressed a lot of my suspicion of Cow in the QT after I'd seen he'd been nominated, as well as in the thread on D2 and N2. There's a comment on D2 in which I admit that my suspects have been easy targets, but mention "one player" to whom I'd like to draw attention later if I have time. I was referring to Cow.

Aah, things to do:

1) Ginormous wagon analysis from Days One and Two that I keep on promising to do and putting off.

2) Paraphrase N2 of the QT.

3) Make an actual organized case against Cow.

All three will take hours of work.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Mikujin »

Macavitar wrote:
Mod, your step forward list isn't correct. I think Benmage and Percy both stepped forward

That being said, whatcha got to hide Mikujin?

Thanks, you are of course correct. Fixing now.
Step Forward

Nothing, actually. I just don't spend every waking minute wondering what's going on in this game. (Though I usually do leave my browser on at home with this and several other pages open).
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”