Newbie 985 Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

FakeGod wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Your attempt to make me look suspicious without acting on the suspicions you are trying to create is noted though.
Zachrulez wrote:Also... I think I'm gonna
Unvote
So........because I'm trying to make you look suspicious without acting on the suspicions I'm trying to create, you suddenly think I'm town?

......... o.0
It wasn't YOU I unvoted.
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by tvellalott »

Ok, time to put some pressure on the person I think is acting very suspicious... DavidParker!
I love how you analysed everyone based on nothing but the fact that you omitted yourself reminds me of an old proverb...
"When you point the finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you!"
I think you're scum and you're gradually building up a false case against me in an attempt to get a townie lynched in the first round.
A clever play, but I see RIGHT through it, bud.

VOTE DavidParker
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Kalofer »

FakeGod:

So........because I'm trying to make you look suspicious without acting on the suspicions I'm trying to create, you suddenly think I'm town?

......... o.0
Erm no, actually he unvoted Tvellalott which means he's probably going to vote for you and put you on L-1 if he finds something else that's scummy about you. However he will not put you at L-1 because I am
Unvote
-ing as I don't think you are scum, you are certainly suspicious but as of yet not suspicious enough for me to have innocent blood on my hands (key words here being: as of yet), I don't like the fact that you didn't participate much and I also don't like the fact that you're pointing the finger at Zach after I asked him a simple question, it was an open question and I was merely looking for his professional opinion which was very similar to mine. Buuuuuut, I am more inclined to believe that you are a newbie town who doesn't know how to defend himself (I tried a similar defense to yours...totally backfired, even though I was town, because from what I've learned so far aggression seemingly leads to more aggression).
Abe27342:
The ONLY time he has any response with some sort of content pertaining to the game IMO, is when he's directly called out. That's every single post of fakeGod's, along with Kalofer's vote on him at the beginning. FakeGod responded with (possibly) an OMGUS vote. Also, his vote on me is quite hypocritical. This is really the biggest lead I have right now, so VOTE: FakeGod
Abe, I really don't get your logic. Either I'm too stupid or blind (or both) to understand it or it just doesn't add up. Firstly, in a lot of the posts you quoted, Fake wasn't called out. Secondly, it may have been an OMGUS vote, but it was a random OMGUS in the RVS and therefore is it of much relevance? I noticed it was OMGUS but I didn't think it was important and besides he unvoted soon after. And thirdly I don't see the hypocrisy in his voting for you, this is how my dictionary (wordweb) defined hypocrisy:
1. An expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction
2. Insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have
I.E. I don't see how he's hypocritical.

Nikanor would you mind sharing your scum read with everyone else and explaining why you think Fake is scum (assuming that's who you think is scum)
And David, I can't wait for your next post which will hopefully be more logic-infused and state your reasons for believing Fake is town.
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Abe27342 »

Quick post by me, Kalofer I suppose it depends on how you consider the OMGUS vote. If it was indeed part of RVS, then I suppose it wasn't hypocritical. Him accusing of me being a lurker is fairly hypocritical, considering he is being somewhat of a lurker himself.
Anyway, I have to go, my cousin's sleeping over tonight so I'm not sure if I'll get another post in. I haven't read the last 10 or so posts thoroughly, so apologies if I missed any questions of me.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Kalofer »

FakeGod wrote:

Abe27342 wrote:Vote: NashiNashi
Anything you have to offer? So far you've only posted a /confirm, so either you haven't checked up on the thread in a day or are lurking.

I think this could be scum looking for a easy target (like a lurker) to attack early on, trying to give a town-impression.

Unvote, Vote:Abe27342
I'm pretty sure he (FakeGod) meant that NashiNashi was lurking and that you were scum for picking on him/her (sorry), not that you were the lurker and that's what confused me with the whole hypocrisy thing...I hope we've sorted that out because I don't want to be accused of sporting double - standards and conversing about something pointless (which is what I have been nagging people on about lol).

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

FakeGod (2): Nikanor, Abe27342
DavidParker (2): Zombeh-Pug, tvellalott
Abe27342 (1): FakeGod
tvellalott (1): DavidParker

not voting: Zachrulez, Kalofer, NashiNashi
alive: 9 majority: 5
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Kalofer »

damn I suck at this quote stuff (sorry, all I know is how to use the quote button in preview and then I just copy + paste).

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by FakeGod »

I'm confused. Let me go review the thread.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by DavidParker »

tvellalott wrote:Ok, time to put some pressure on the person I think is acting very suspicious... DavidParker!
I love how you analysed everyone based on nothing but the fact that you omitted yourself reminds me of an old proverb...
"When you point the finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you!"
I think you're scum and you're gradually building up a false case against me in an attempt to get a townie lynched in the first round.

VOTE DavidParker
but oh my god u suck!!!!!!!

It seems people haven't learnt there lesson, if you want to further pressure someone by voting them, don't tell them it's for pressure.. Oh dear.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by FakeGod »

o shoot zach wasn't voting me.

Sorry zach.

NashiNashi
NashiNashi
Townie
NashiNashi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by NashiNashi »

Abe27342, I'm going to sit and wait for your better explanation.
tvellalott
tvellalott
Goon
tvellalott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by tvellalott »

DavidParker wrote:
tvellalott wrote:Ok, time to put some pressure on the person I think is acting very suspicious... DavidParker!

VOTE DavidParker
but oh my god u suck!!!!!!!

It seems people haven't learnt there lesson, if you want to further pressure someone by voting them, don't tell them it's for pressure.. Oh dear.
Did you only read the first 15 words of my post?....
Why shouldn't I say I'm putting pressure on you or anyone else, when that is clearly what I'm doing? Aren't all votes "for pressure". I don't see what harm it does. Clearly I'm voting for you because you are doing a lot of finger pointing. I see you didn't comment on the reason I gave, most likely because you don't want to give away any further clues to your scumminess.
"All told, kindness is not fashionable."
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Kalofer wrote:damn I suck at this quote stuff (sorry, all I know is how to use the quote button in preview and then I just copy + paste).
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Kalofer wrote:Erm no, actually he unvoted Tvellalott which means he's probably going to vote for you and put you on L-1 if he finds something else that's scummy about you. However he will not put you at L-1 because I am Unvote-ing as I don't think you are scum, you are certainly suspicious but as of yet not suspicious enough for me to have innocent blood on my hands (key words here being: as of yet), I don't like the fact that you didn't participate much and I also don't like the fact that you're pointing the finger at Zach after I asked him a simple question, it was an open question and I was merely looking for his professional opinion which was very similar to mine. Buuuuuut, I am more inclined to believe that you are a newbie town who doesn't know how to defend himself (I tried a similar defense to yours...totally backfired, even though I was town, because from what I've learned so far aggression seemingly leads to more aggression).
Is this what I think it is? Yes, it's all one sentence. :?
Also, you don't like the fact that he points the finger at Zach, even though that's the reason for why you're unvoting him (you did that as newbie town, as you said at the end of this sentence). That, sir, does not compute.
Unvote. Vote: Kalofer.

I'd keep my vote on FakeGod but it looks like Kalofer-scum is defending FakeGod-town for credits to use at the arcade later.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:49 am

Post by Kalofer »

Mod, thanks for that, I really appreciate your help.

No no no, you've got it all wrong, firstly it's 3 sentences (long sentences but 3 nonetheless). Secondly, the only reason I unvoted him is because I don't think he's scummy enough, because in my eyes everything scummy he has done can be excused with being a newbie town (except the lurking bit, which I guess can be real - life occupations or if not is the only thing that can't be excused, but I'm not willing to lynch someone solely based on lurking and not this early anyway). And yes it doesn't compute because you didn't understand it in the way I intended, that newbie town stuff at the end of the quote was about my previous game.

Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

Sorry fellow players, but I'm taking a trip and am going to be V/LA from today through Sunday.(23-25)
Abe27342
Abe27342
Townie
Abe27342
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Abe27342 »

Ahh, Kalofer, yeah, I misread his post. I thought FakeGod was calling me a lurker, which he wasn't. His lack of scum-hunting is still something to be worried about, however.
As to Nikanor voting Kalofer, I'm going to go check out Kalofer's posts again, because I haven't found him very suspicious though. I think largely the reason of that was him defending a few people, but that could (as Nikanor pointed out) be a psychological play.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

Kalofer wrote:No no no, you've got it all wrong, firstly it's 3 sentences (long sentences but 3 nonetheless). Secondly, the only reason I unvoted him is because I don't think he's scummy enough, because in my eyes everything scummy he has done can be excused with being a newbie town (except the lurking bit, which I guess can be real - life occupations or if not is the only thing that can't be excused, but I'm not willing to lynch someone solely based on lurking and not this early anyway). And yes it doesn't compute because you didn't understand it in the way I intended, that newbie town stuff at the end of the quote was about my previous game.
Well, I think I read your words pretty well. You're scummy for trying to defend him and shove suspicion onto him at the same time, and you've done nothing in this most recent post to alleviate that concern.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Kalofer »

Why is that scummy? I gave my own reasons as to why I think he could be scum and then I gave my reasons as to why he may not be scum, isn't that what we're supposed to do? Then I defended him from Abe's accusations because they didn't make sense to me and since I believe Fake is town I wouldn't want everyone voting for him because of Abe's statements which I don't think were a definite scum read. And I'd also want to know what this metaphor or whatever it is means.
it looks like Kalofer-scum is defending FakeGod-town for credits to use at the arcade later.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Nikanor »

Kalofer wrote:Why is that scummy? I gave my own reasons as to why I think he could be scum and then I gave my reasons as to why he may not be scum, isn't that what we're supposed to do? Then I defended him from Abe's accusations because they didn't make sense to me and since I believe Fake is town I wouldn't want everyone voting for him because of Abe's statements which I don't think were a definite scum read.
No, that's not what you did. You pointed to the same thing and said that you thought him both scummy and town for it. I'll even use quotes for this:
Kalofer wrote:I also don't like the fact that you're pointing the finger at Zach after I asked him a simple question
Kalofer wrote:Buuuuuut, I am more inclined to believe that you are a newbie town who doesn't know how to defend himself (I tried a similar defense to yours...totally backfired, even though I was town, because from what I've learned so far aggression seemingly leads to more aggression).
Those are talking about the same post, as far as I can tell. If they're not, please enlighten me; otherwise you are scum.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Nikanor »

Kalofer wrote:And I'd also want to know what this metaphor or whatever it is means.
I'm saying that it looks like you're defending FakeGod-town so that you can point back and say "I was opposed to FakeGod's lynch, and he was town, so I must also be town," while trying to add suspicion to the wagon to push through a lynch.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Kalofer »

Nikanor wrote:
Kalofer wrote:Why is that scummy? I gave my own reasons as to why I think he could be scum and then I gave my reasons as to why he may not be scum, isn't that what we're supposed to do? Then I defended him from Abe's accusations because they didn't make sense to me and since I believe Fake is town I wouldn't want everyone voting for him because of Abe's statements which I don't think were a definite scum read.
No, that's not what you did. You pointed to the same thing and said that you thought him both scummy and town for it. I'll even use quotes for this:
Kalofer wrote:I also don't like the fact that you're pointing the finger at Zach after I asked him a simple question
Kalofer wrote:Buuuuuut, I am more inclined to believe that you are a newbie town who doesn't know how to defend himself (I tried a similar defense to yours...totally backfired, even though I was town, because from what I've learned so far aggression seemingly leads to more aggression).
Those are talking about the same post, as far as I can tell. If they're not, please enlighten me; otherwise you are scum.
I really, really, REALLY don't get it, you said "You pointed to the SAME thing and said that you thought him both scummy and town for it." But I don't see how I pointed to the SAME thing as I said that it is suspicious that he pointed the finger at zach and yes it was pretty suspicious, zach said it himself (or at least implied it) but then I said that my overall opinion of him is that he is town because he doesn't know how to defend himself because he pointed the finger back at zach.
I'm saying that it looks like you're defending FakeGod-town so that you can point back and say "I was opposed to FakeGod's lynch, and he was town, so I must also be town," while trying to add suspicion to the wagon to push through a lynch.
This makes a lot of sense but it's not true, things aren't as complex as that, I just simply don't believe that FakeGod is mafia. This is mainly due to my opinion of the game. I see Day 1 as a mostly probability based phase of the game and unless I see something that in my opinion clearly portrays someone as scum I won't commit to voting, unless it's late into the day. For that reason I unvoted FakeGod.

Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Kalofer »

Wait I think I see what you meant, but my opinion still stands. Basically the fact is this: FakeGod pointed the finger at Zach after Zach gave his condemning (excuse me if this isn't the right word to use) opinion of him. What you are saying is that I both cast suspicion at this and defended him and yes that is true, because there are two view points to the whole thing a) he could be scum pointing the finger at Zach
b) he could be town defending himself in a bad way
I lean towards b, he could have felt betrayed or angry and thus attacked Zach not knowing how this compromises himself (I did this in my previous game as I mentioned and it didn't work well), and frankly I don't think scum would be that careless.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Nikanor wrote:
Kalofer wrote:And I'd also want to know what this metaphor or whatever it is means.
I get the first part, but I don't get the second part. He's trying to add suspicion to the wagon to push through a lynch? While defending me?

More explanation please, Nik.

And isn't Kalofer first one to vote me in this game? Now he's defending me?

I'm getting very confused.

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

FakeGod (1): Abe27342
DavidParker (2): Zombeh-Pug, tvellalott