Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Nope, that sounds pretty familiar. I guess someone overstated the degree to which it was a 1/1 in the past few days.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Iecerint, that was probably me. I still have trouble seeing how VasudeVa could have targeted Snow_Bunny that night if they were both town when he claimed to have targeted me. It just doesn't make sense; either he was lying for no good reason or he got redirected and I don't have any town redirections that would have caused it. That DarkStalker tried to explain it away means that I guess I think that it was more likely to be a scum redirection but Snow_Bunny's death happening how it did makes that, well, awkward?

Let's just say that there's still an issue there and I'm waiting to see what Snow_Bunny flips.

And now I need to go get some sleep. I'm not thinking straight at all just now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by ooba »

Tarhalindur wrote:There's a track running around the network last night, and it confirms that VV targeted Orbots.
Network:
- You
- DTM
- MO
- Faraday
- Nikanor
- Iecerint

With the exception of Mina (even whom I'll put on the town side of neutral if I had to take a call), all of you are most probably not Mafia. I hope however that each one of you keeps at the back of your mind that there might be a cult member(s) amongst you who will have their own motives.

My gut tells me ABR will flip town and we do have a cult in the game. If SB flips cult, I'd wager money on MO or VV being cult leader. (MO more than VV) - but I am not investigating the cult angle till I see the SB\ABR flips.

Waiting for all three explanations but this is my preferred order currently: dram > LMP > Katy.

MO is right regarding the item. Please do not give it to me.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Quick V/LA post:

Mighty Orbots is now my hostage. Lynch him and he dies. In other news, HE AND I WILL CARRY TOWN TO VICTORYYYYY~! MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! *benevolent laughter*

What's 1/1?

And ooba, for a rather meticulous and analytical player, you posting/listening to your gut reads far too often(IIRC. No time to read the thread.). What gives? It doesn't match up with your playstyle at all.

FoS Ooba
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Iecerint »

1/1 means that exactly one player out of two is scum. It occurs when two players make claims that only make sense when exactly one of them is lying.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Mina wrote:Except HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET RID OF HIM.
Yeah, that's the problem.

As far as dayvigs go, assuming they can keep shooting I think we need to make sure everything's on the table before they take a shot. Though I'd like that shot to hit Katy or Zombieboy if I had to pick right this second.

BTW, your DarkStalker shenanigans from yesterday gave me this tic right here. See it? There it goes again.
Fate wrote:WHO GETS A SCUMMY THIS GAME?
Or we could shoot Fate. Yaknow.
VasudeVa wrote:Mighty Orbots is now my hostage. Lynch him and he dies.
lolwut? Lynch us and we die? Durp?
VasudeVa wrote:And ooba, for a rather meticulous and analytical player, you posting/listening to your gut reads far too often(IIRC. No time to read the thread.). What gives? It doesn't match up with your playstyle at all.
Gah. Horrible post is horrible. We need moar vigs. Also moar Parama.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Fate »

Lynch him and he dies. In other news, HE AND I WILL CARRY TOWN TO VICTORYYYYY~! MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! *benevolent laughter*
VV? TOWN? VICTORY?

LOLOLOOLOOLOLOLOL
*mocking laughter*
LOLOOLLOLOLOL
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Fate »

@PapaZ
Yeah I know, my play is obviously too right about everything t on from your POV I must be scum. I'll wait for my scummy post game
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Iecerint »

I can think of one excellent explanation for uncommon brilliance with regard to such matters.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:06 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint, you sound different this day - almost like a different person.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

The Too Human universe clearly has energy weapons. Either Iecerint or Albert B. Rampage could have generated the shot that took out Snow_Bunny. Everyone else seems to be leaning towards Albert B. Rampage as town but I looked over his play again and I just hate it given what I know of him. I still think he's got a decent chance to have been scum.

They're mostly out there already but I'll confirm that the following actions happened:

A Rolecop on LynchMePls revealed Zombie as his role.
A track on VasudeVa had him targeting Mighty Orbots.
A weak track on Parama revealed that he did nothing.

That last one I'll even take credit for as we know that I've got his item and it should give a weak track ability to me. I'll be sending it back now.

I'm much more interested in killing dramonic today than I am Katy as I still think he's scummier by a fair margin. I'd like to get more information from the Albert B. Rampage flip before I assume that Katy isn't telling the truth. I also feel like she's been helpful to the game whereas that's not true of dramonic and we've gotten this far by killing useless players.

Also, Papa Zito mentioned something in our QT a while ago which I said was unlikely but Tarhalindur's post about the Number 6 character brings it up again.

We could be getting different results on LynchMePls because his role changes when he gets killed (or rather uses kill immunities.) He might have been a benevolent spirit when Katy used her investigation and then changed to Zombie after Faraday's vig attempt. There would probably be a wayward spirit along the way as well in this case as it seem unlikely that role was just made up. In any case, it's certainly worth trying to kill him again.

Zombie does sound like a cult thing (as if we could trust flavor); if Albert B. Rampage is town and his census took place after the Faraday kill attempt and the transformation but Katy's investigation took place before we could have an explanation for all of those things.

In any case, I think it's going to be worth killing him a bit. I'll be talking with Papa Zito and Tarhalindur about how to go about it but I thought that all of this would be worth sharing in public first.

In any case, VasudeVa is probably town. Parama is probably town. The network is probably at least not mafia (though if there's an exception I think Iecerint's the most likely.) ooba is probably not mafia. Fate is the weakest probably not mafia but I still think it's true.

Personally it seems unlikely that AdumbroDeus or Albatross are mafia but I need to go back and think about them. In any case, with GOO being worshiped AdumbroDeus isn't a target for today anyhow as the only way he can be killed (if we believe his claim which I'm inclined to) would be to make sure no one died today.

That doesn't leave all that many choices for who might still be mafia.

If I missed anything people wanted me to address let me know.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@DTMaster, could you use the oversoul ability on your item last night?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm up with killing all those scum in whatever way we can.

lemme read back and stuff in case I missed anything relevant.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Faraday »

Faraday, I probably should have asked you this last night in the QT, but what was the kill flavour of your one-shot vig? A lynch didn't work, and your N1 kill didn't work. It would be ridiculous if LMP was immortal. But I'm thinking zombies can only be destroyed when shot to the head, set on fire, etc. Tar, do you have any more "shot to the head" or "blown up" kills? Otherwise, I'm not sure how to get rid of him.

idk if kill flavour would dictate whether he could be killed or not, that'd be odd don't you think? :/
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Faraday »

hit submit instead of preview. blasted with kinetic (LOL PUN) energy.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ ooba, any perceived shift in my attitude is probably due to my having recognized the fact that the amount of effort I put into this game is inversely proportional to how much I win at it.

Also I am rotating in a new lab now so I sleep differently.

I dunno.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Mina, I agree with what Faraday just said. Kill flavor probably shouldn't be what determines whether LynchMePls gets killed. It's much more likely to be a limited number of kill immunities.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@DTMaster, damnit, stop fucking being active elsewhere and ignoring this thread. Could you use the oversoul ability on your item last night? I'm not just asking to pass the time.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Katy »

Nikanor wrote:So now Katy is claiming Role Cop? Weren't you supposed to be a Flavour Cop?
Also, Mina has claimed Role Cop. If there were two town role cops, I'd be very surprised.
My role PM never specified what type of info I was going to get, so after my first result I did not know what I was getting was a role name. "Benevolent Spirit" did not seem like a role name to me. The two other results I have gotten are role names, though.
Mina wrote:It's interesting that you're quick to say that someone "set you up." No one could prove that you were REALLY redirected to Snow_Bunny unless a redirector claimed and you'd happened to have been tracked. How would we know that you'd targeted Snow_Bunny last night?

Also, you realize that the person redirected on N2 was a claimed protective role? So how would that plan have worked?

And finally, come up with a damn good explanation for the discrepancy between "wayward spirit," "benevolent spirit," and "zombie."
Well, it's moot now, because I don't believe that Faraday was doing anything sinister, but given that VV had appeared to be redirected to Snow Bunny unless he was lying about his target, and then I was redirected to Snow Bunny, who turned up dead in the morning, I thought something fishy was going on. I thought I was set up, because in taking away my real targets from me, the redirector would have left me with no way to clear myself by giving my results from the night. If it was somebody or some group that knew what the kill flavor would be, then I would be a good person to set up that way since the energy weapon thing does fit with a sci-fi character.

I have no explanation for that last thing because all I have is my result from night one, which was "benevolent spirit." I have no idea what is up with the other stuff and I don't know where zombie is coming from. *shrug* I think it's up to Lynchmepls to explain all that, since I have nothing to do with it, beyond having investigated that role on night one and given my result when I thought it was significant.

However, given that the people playing the role have themselves been inconsistent with their role name and the ambiguous nature of the win condition, which was not revealed to us, perhaps the role (and win condition) are changeable. I was not lying about my result, no matter what result you claim to have received.
ooba wrote:Katy, please pass your item to me.
No. I am willing to pass my item to someone, but I don't trust you. I will pass it to Tarlahindur.

I also think that Tar is right on target with his speculation about Dram. It has never made sense that he's simply a White Knight from chess given his powers. Especially when there is a flavor role that matches with what he does (interrogates people). I think he is trying to hide the fact that he is Two-Face aka Harvey Dent the White Knight and I am guessing there is more that goes with that role that he is hiding.

Vote: Dramonic
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Fate »

WHOA WHOA

WHAT THE FUCKS GOIN ON

CMAR SAID HE LOST HIS LYNCH IMMUNE NOW FUCKIN LYNCH HIM.

MO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DEFENDING THAT SLOT? CAN'T AFFORD TO BUS ANYMORE?

LYNCH

LYNCH
HIM
PLEASE
HES ASKING FOR IT FFS.

DRAMONIC SUCKS ASS BUT DRAMONIC WILL ALWAYS SUCK ASS.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 am

Post by DTMaster »

Fuck. No I could not use my oversoul last night because I do no meet the requirements to. I need to protect at least 3 times before I am allowed to redirect. Therefore I need to protect 2 more night cycles before I can redirect people.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 am

Post by DTMaster »

Troll, I fucking, (excuse) claimed this initially in my item claim that I cannot OS.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Fate, huh? AdumbroDeus gave a pretty good explanation of the terrible play we'd had from CryMeARiver and has claimed that if GOO are worshiped the only way he can be killed is if there are no other kills in the day/night cycle. The lynch immunity should be in effect now. If we want to kill AdumbroDeus then we need to set up to do so. I would like him to get on and give us some information from the dead but other than that right now he's not a high priority target.

But why are you concerned about that player slot anyhow? I guess I'm defending it in that I think he's probably town but it's not as though there was any move towards killing them just now otherwise.

@Katy, were there any requirements that had to be met before you used your oversoul ability like DTMaster did? It's pretty surprising to me that you were able to use it right away. Or did I read your claim incorrectly and it was some other ability you were using from your item?

@DTMaster, yes, I and I was getting you to confirm that so I could push this line with Katy. Thank you for showing up and doing so. Please do keep playing this game from here on out. You really should be town and you do have the ability to reason. We could use that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Katy, and now that I read your claim again it looks like I did misread. What does it take for you to use your oversoul ability on the item? Was the list of abilities from Snow_Bunny supposed to be exhaustive or was it just one ability you learned the name of?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Fate wrote:WHOA WHOA

WHAT THE FUCKS GOIN ON

CMAR SAID HE LOST HIS LYNCH IMMUNE NOW FUCKIN LYNCH HIM.

MO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DEFENDING THAT SLOT? CAN'T AFFORD TO BUS ANYMORE?
orly
CMAR wrote:At this point in time, I can only be killed one way, and I sort of control that one way. I am not being antitown (or not trying to be) just stating my role ahead of time so I'm not OMG BULLETPROOF SK later, kind of like a miller claiming D1.
How exactly are you translating this to "hay guys you can lynch me nao"?

BTW, while you're here, can you remind me about all the stuff you've been right about so far? TIA.
Fate wrote:DRAMONIC SUCKS ASS BUT DRAMONIC WILL ALWAYS SUCK ASS.
No guys thread plz.
Troll wrote:@DTMaster, damnit, stop fucking being active elsewhere and ignoring this thread.
Lulz. This is the second time Troll's gotten irritated ITT. Personal opinion: That's why we have a big pile of red corpses on the first page.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”