dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

Tarhalindur wrote:Question 1: Dramonic, did your role have any hint of ambiguity about what your role was at the beginning of the game?
Question 2: Is there any indication in your role PM about another role in the game? (Given what I was informed of last night, I suspect that you might have some information about a black knight or something similar.)
Question 3: Did your series of origin change last night?
Q1: Nope, it was pretty clear.
Q2: Nope, I've nothing about a black knight or otherwise
Q3: Not that I know of? That's a weird question

Also, I didn't worship, because I've been neglecting this game and forgot =_=;
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Nikanor »

So now Katy is claiming Role Cop? Weren't you supposed to be a Flavour Cop?
Also, Mina has claimed Role Cop. If there were two town role cops, I'd be very surprised.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by ooba »

Nik, are you planning to tell people about the item?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Nikanor »

If LMP claims Ronin Zombie Ghost he'll be my hero forever.
Well, we'll lynch him and then he'll be my hero. :p

Oh yeah and the item is good and verified and stuff.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by ooba »

Things to do

Claiming worship choices

12. totallynotmafia
25. AdumbroDeus (Replaces CryMeARiver)
Unknown: SB, ABR

Claims (
in this order*
)

25. AdumbroDeus -> At any time - does not matter
- news from Chronopie, DS you got in the night
- Pom's actual claim (if she's survivor - since her original claim is obvious false)
- Whatever ABR, SnowBunny have to say

18. Mina -> Claim your results please

9. Mighty Orbots

2. Faraday
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Mina »

Okay, sorry for the shitty welcome to the game, LynchMePls, but you're now confirmed scum. (Unfortunately, that means ABR was almost certainly town). Now we just have to figure out how to get rid of you.

Faraday, I probably should have asked you this last night in the QT, but what was the kill flavour of your one-shot vig? A lynch didn't work, and your N1 kill didn't work. It would be ridiculous if LMP was immortal. But I'm thinking zombies can only be destroyed when shot to the head, set on fire, etc. Tar, do you have any more "shot to the head" or "blown up" kills? Otherwise, I'm not sure how to get rid of him.

Tar, how good is your catch on dramonic? Because there should be only two scum left if ABR was telling the truth...and, um, it seems like we've got three.
Katy wrote:Since Snow Bunny is dead, I think somebody's setting me up, since I now can't prove I went anywhere else but to her. If I have to get lynched behind that, well, there's nothing more I can say except to point out that the same thing has happened the previous night to someone else, but obviously the kill part of the plan didn't work.
It's interesting that you're quick to say that someone "set you up." No one could prove that you were REALLY redirected to Snow_Bunny unless a redirector claimed and you'd happened to have been tracked. How would we know that you'd targeted Snow_Bunny last night?

Also, you realize that the person redirected on N2 was a claimed protective role? So how would that plan have worked?

And finally, come up with a damn good explanation for the discrepancy between "wayward spirit," "benevolent spirit," and "zombie."
Iecerint wrote:It is somewhat odd to me that LMPtown would think that Katy was scum. I'd like for him to elaborate about that.
Also this. Never mind that Katy cleared him; the last page of accusations against Katy and dramonic had only been related to extra information and set-up speculation. All of this should have flown over LMP's head. It reads as if he's just latching on to the most recent suspicions in the thread...but I'm not sure why I'm pointing out this, since LMP is confirmed scum, anyway.

The 1-1 was with SB (either claimed protective role VV was redirected to scum, or VV lied about his target). I suppose it's possible that VV was town, and scum just redirected him to anyone in order to keep him from blocking the kill, though (or of course, that they're buddies).
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Katy wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
Katy wrote:Faraday, what did you do last night?

Will discuss targets and anything else after this question is answered.
No. You will answer first, on penalty of death.
Geez, all right.

The reason I asked is because someone redirected me last night. My targets were Vasudeva for role cop and Fate for my item ability (and no, my item is not an energy gun, it is a Dowsing Pendulum).

Both of these actions were re-directed to Snow Bunny, since my results both came back for Snow Bunny (Role name: Lucky Dirak, Ability name (result from Dowsing Pendulum): Oversoul). Since Snow Bunny is dead, I think somebody's setting me up, since I now can't prove I went anywhere else but to her. If I have to get lynched behind that, well, there's nothing more I can say except to point out that the same thing has happened the previous night to someone else, but obviously the kill part of the plan didn't work.

This is why I asked Faraday, and why I wanted his answer before I said. Because if he did not do it, then we do have another redirector, and I now believe Vasudeva was redirected to Snow Bunny the night before and wasn't lying about his action.
I can confirm from QT conversations that Faraday redirected you to Snow_Bunny last night... due in no small part to heavy suspicion about Snow_Bunny in the QT network.

I would appreciate it if you could pass your item to somewhere else today; a kill on you may still be in order, and I'd like the item to still be in play/confirm what the item does (even though I doubt it's a kill item; if you killed SB, it was with a factional ability).

(Note: I forgot the third series from which an energy weapon could have come from... namely, Babylon 5. Hmm. I need to think about this. There's something in the Tar-MO QT that is disturbing me atm - it was also disturbing Orbots last night, iirc - and this doesn't help.)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by ooba »

Katy, please pass your item to me.

Mina, I must have missed your claim. Are you claiming "Zombie" on LMP?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mina wrote:Faraday, I probably should have asked you this last night in the QT, but what was the kill flavour of your one-shot vig? A lynch didn't work, and your N1 kill didn't work. It would be ridiculous if LMP was immortal. But I'm thinking zombies can only be destroyed when shot to the head, set on fire, etc. Tar, do you have any more "shot to the head" or "blown up" kills? Otherwise, I'm not sure how to get rid of him.

Tar, how good is your catch on dramonic? Because there should be only two scum left if ABR was telling the truth...and, um, it seems like we've got three.
I'm all out of kills, and have been since N1. SB's item (which, I should note, had an oversoul that blocked everything EXCEPT redirection) is now inactive. (We may want to worship JCA today, to enable the Lottery again.)

As for my catch on dramonic... oddly enough, all the information has been out there since D3. Speaking of that...
dramonic wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Question 1: Dramonic, did your role have any hint of ambiguity about what your role was at the beginning of the game?
Question 2: Is there any indication in your role PM about another role in the game? (Given what I was informed of last night, I suspect that you might have some information about a black knight or something similar.)
Question 3: Did your series of origin change last night?
Q1: Nope, it was pretty clear.
Q2: Nope, I've nothing about a black knight or otherwise
Q3: Not that I know of? That's a weird question

Also, I didn't worship, because I've been neglecting this game and forgot =_=;
Really, now? See, at this point I'd be very surprised if your series of origin isn't Batman in some way, shape, or form.

See, I was looking over my role PM last night and noticed one very large error in my claim at massclaim - namely, that I mixed my role name and flavor name up. My original flavor was being Bruce Wayne... but my original role name is the Dark Knight.

Considering that my original flavor is obviously Batman related and the obvious similarity in role names... well, what do you have to say, Mr. Harvey Dent? Or should I say... Two-Face?

Now, mina asked how we could have three remaining scum given the ABR census. I would further note that it is unlikely that Katy was a partner with dramonic N2 given her coming to what I now believe is the correct conclusion (dram = Harvey Dent, White Knight of Gotham) after investigating dramonic N2. I see two possible answers that answer both of these issues...

1) If we assume ABR is town, then we presumably have a Cult in the game. In this case, one of {Katy, dramonic} is presumably Cult (possibly the Leader) - I'd guess Katy on flavor grounds (though this conflicts with the energy weapon kill...).
2) It's possible that Kinetic went diving into the pool of old Tarhalindur roles again. For those that have forgotten, in the original Mind Screw there was a role with ambiguous origin - namely, Number 6 (which could come from either Battlestar Galactica or The Prisoner). In fact, that role was a Judas - it originally appeared to be Number 6 (from The Prisoner) with a 1-shot immunity to any kill (even lynching), but when the kill immunity was triggered the role name changed to Number 6 (from Battlestar Galactica) and became a Mafia Goon*. Given the similarity in name and the flavor (coughTwo-Facecough), I suspect this is the more likely scenario. (Note that this second scenario was the reason I asked dram about changing series of origin - I doubted he's be stupid enough to confirm it even if the series of origin switch happened, but it was worth a shot regardless.)

Either way, I would prefer that dramonic be lynched today (dayvigs can relieve us of other pressing issues).

* - There was a failsafe in the original role to insure that it would switch to Mafia if the Mafia was killed off too quickly, but even if such a trigger existed here it's no longer relevant.

Also, I would appreciate Katy's item going to a person currently in the network. (I'd have said Nikanor, but since he now seems to have TNM's doc item I'd say pass it to me instead.)
User out of ambit.

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by ooba »

Tarhalindur wrote:Also, I would appreciate Katy's item going to a person currently in the network. (I'd have said Nikanor, but since he now seems to have TNM's doc item I'd say pass it to me instead.)
I'd rather not waste an item since you cannot use abilities of two items at the same time. Katy, you should pass the item to me.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Do we know that LMP (who is apparently a zombie? wat?) is mafiascum rather than nontown scum? Cuz a zombie cult fits flavor.

If LMP is confirmed non-town, he probably called himself a "benevolent spirit" because that's what Katy called him. This implies a connection to Katy, since the probability that he'd pick up on that otherwise is low.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

ooba wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Also, I would appreciate Katy's item going to a person currently in the network. (I'd have said Nikanor, but since he now seems to have TNM's doc item I'd say pass it to me instead.)
I'd rather not waste an item since you cannot use abilities of two items at the same time. Katy, you should pass the item to me.
In case you hadn't noticed, ooba, S_B is dead. My item is no longer usable.
User out of ambit.

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by ooba »

Tarhalindur wrote:
ooba wrote:
Just noticed the Useless ability. I'd still like the Pendulum though :P.
Btw you must have missed this - what are your thoughts on VV?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

ooba wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
ooba wrote:
Just noticed the Useless ability. I'd still like the Pendulum though :P.
Btw you must have missed this - what are your thoughts on VV?
I think we should let him claim targets for last night before I answer.
User out of ambit.

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by ooba »

Tarhalindur wrote:I think we should let him claim targets for last night before I answer.
VV wrote:Worshipped GOO, protecting MO. Other than that, nothing else that I know of.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Mina »

ooba, although LynchMePls has been investigated as Zombie, I won't outright claim anything. Yes, I know this is vague, but Tar, MO, Faraday, DTMaster, and Nikanor can all vouch for me on this. Sorry.

Tarhalindur, did your original role explicitly say that there's a White Knight out there, or are you just assuming the roles are linked because of the names and metagaming Kinetic? I was hoping for something more along the lines of "You've just been informed that you are now Batman, the Dark Knight. And an impostor who falsely styles himself the White Knight is threatening Gotham City!" But eh. I'd be okay with him getting lynched soon.

That said...

Vote: Katy

Even ignoring the redirect to SB, Katy and LynchMePls have both been caught lying. I think the evidence against them is slightly stronger than that against dramonic.

Of course, the evidence against LMP is strongest. Except HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET RID OF HIM.

Katy, give up your item ASAP or hang today.

(Ugh, I really hope someone out there has a method of killing zombies. But I dunno. I know Chronopie randomly dying out of the blue was hilarious--even though it aborted my misguided efforts at saving poor, defenceless DarkStalker--but the rational part of my brain knows that if there is a dayvig with more than one shot out there, then this game would be ridiculously broken. Faraday, just in case, what's the kill flavour and ability name for Harry Dresden? If there's another town-aligned killing role out there, I'd advise him to shoot LMP if his ability is something that obviously kills zombies and withhold if it's something that wouldn't work on them.)

I'm not sure if Katy is cult, because then the redirect to Snow_Bunny wouldn't have meant anything.
ooba wrote:I'd rather not waste an item since you cannot use abilities of two items at the same time. Katy, you should pass the item to me.
Um...but didn't Tarhalindur say he didn't have an item? Why can't he take it?

If that's really a problem, then I mean, I don't have an item. I know I've been useless and keep desperately trying to save all the scum (although in retrospect, I was probably right about ortolan and manho being buddies on Day One), but at least people know I'm town because I got lucky with my QT partners.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: never mind, I see Tarhalindur already responded to ooba's point about the item. Sorry about that.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

I'll need to get to a number of things tomorrow. For tonight I'll just take the time now to point out that ooba probably couldn't use an item that was passed to him today as he's already used an item ability (passing the on he had before) and I believe there's a limit of one item ability per player per day.

Tarhalindur on the other hand has not used an item ability yet. Based on that alone he would be a better recipient.

For the record, I'm going to be passing an item back to Parama in a bit (I'd like to finish up claims first) so I'm going to be a poor recipient for any items today as well.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Fate »

WHO GETS A SCUMMY THIS GAME?

THE GUY THAT CALLED ORTO SCUM D1

THAT'S FUCKIN WHO.

I BELIEVE YOU ALL OWE ME A *BOWS DOWN* AFTER THIS FLIP KTHX.

VOTE: LYNCHMEPLEASE

OK I WILL WITH PLEASE LMP
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

1. Everyone called Orto scummy D1.
2. You could just as easily have pushed for his lynch knowing his lynch wouldn't go.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Fate »

OH NO YOU CAUGHT MEEEEEEEEEEE

EXPLAIN HOW I KNEW CMAR WAS UNLYNCHABLE AND WOULD BE LYNCHED IN PLACE OF ORTO.

LULZ
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hey, MO, remind me what that 1-1 was with VV, who the other half of it was, and why it no longer applies?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

ooba wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:I think we should let him claim targets for last night before I answer.
VV wrote:Worshipped GOO, protecting MO. Other than that, nothing else that I know of.
Ah, missed that.

There's a track running around the network last night, and it confirms that VV targeted Orbots.
User out of ambit.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Fate »

Iecerint wrote:1. Everyone called Orto scummy D1.
2. You could just as easily have pushed for his lynch knowing his lynch wouldn't go.
Who started it?

DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO FUCKIN TAKE CREDIT FROM THIS FLIP AND PASS IT AROUND LIKE ITS CANDY.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Iecerint, I just finished a long day in what's already been a long week and I'm not that sharp right now. What are you talking about with a one to one with VasudeVa? Do you mean that I think his targeting Snow_Bunny last night made one of the two of them most likely scum? If so I'm not sure what to make of it now; we'll have to see what Snow_Bunny flips but I can confirm via tracking that VasudeVa seems to have just targeted me last night which is one of the two or three moves I would have expected him to make. If you had something else in mind you'll have to help me figure out what.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”