Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful (Game Over)

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Furcolow »

yeah, i'm a cop. you're dumb.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Furcolow »

i'm sure unless our moderator is a liar.
kdub and bv have been lurking all game, not just day 2
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Iecerint »

Is lurking D2 scummier than lurking D1, or are you attributed Kdub/bv's lurking to meta and hence nullifying it?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Furcolow »

Yes. That doesn't mean I would be sad to lynch either of them. They are all 3 lurker scum, or inactive.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Iecerint »

Uh. Are you "yes"ing both of those?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Furcolow »

Yes.
Lurking day 1 imo can be a blue role/power role for town
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:44 am

Post by millar13 »

FU FURC!
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

^^ROFL
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Muffin »

Ythan wrote:
Furcolow wrote:FoS on Ythan until you explain to us how you know you were visited
Why don't you point out where I gave any indication I knew I was visited.
What the hell? You said it flat out:
Ythan wrote:Robo you dumbass he fakeclaimed to avoid being outed as Kerrigan, a character clearly connected to an anti-town ability. Ice, it is established in the rules that this is a partial reveal game. It's not a janitor type role. Also, Furc dies today.
Lastly, I got a PM last night that indicates that someone visited me.
Nothing seems to have happened so I assume it was some sort of investigation/watch/track ability. REALLY lastly, mod why did you have to use the sluttiest pictures you could find? Seriously everyone needs to see the picture in my role PM when we're done.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Muffin »

Furcolow wrote:bv310, MoI, and Kdub are all possible lurky scum in my opinion. I'm eager to see if bv will actually be active like he said, but if he isn't, we can hold him accountable for that. Robocoptor is my strongest town read.
I agree with you that Robocopter is most likely town, but I don't think lurking in and of itself is a scumtell, so it would be a mistake IMO to focus on the lurkers while giving everyone else a pass.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Muffin »

Furcolow wrote:despite me not liking robo, I am fairly certain he is town. Ythan has a post style that, though scum may use it, reminds me of how kunkstar7 plays town. I'm going to say that where I see "A" is town with an experienced player, and where he is performing "A", he is likely town. I am not familiar with Muffin, but he has been attacking many people and spamming, so I am leaning town on him. Iecerint went v/la, hasn't been helping, and is causing some chaos with his insane theories, so I'm leaning scum on him, but am not ready to vote him over it. MoI struck me as town, but my heart is telling me that he might be scum... very possibly... with how he has been acting today by not doing anything productive. Is he V/LA? If I don't hear from him, I'll move him down, but I'm going to put him with Iecerint for now. Like I said, Muffin I'm leaning town, Kdub and bv310 I'm neutral on until they post more.

Town:
Furcolow
robocopter87
Ythan
Muffin

Neutral, leaning town:
Kdub
bv310

Neutral, leaning scum:
Iecerint
MoI

Likely scum:
Shotty to the Body
Don't post lists ever again please. It's like giving scum a clear indication of who they should NK in order to sow the most uncertainty.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Muffin »

All right, after re-reading D1, I'm really starting to agree with Iecerint's case against Ythan. I normally don't like to post walls of text, but Ythan's D1 posts were few and far between, so I'm going to include them all for the sake of completeness (what the hell, it worked on millar right? :lol: ).

----------
PBPA of Ythan, D1

The big question here is whether or not Ythan has done any scumhunting, and I agree with Iecerint that he has not done any. Let's investigate.
Ythan wrote:Oh, SK is a co-mod and MoI is a player.
Ythan wrote:Superior than or to?
Ythan wrote:Is that a serious request?
Ythan wrote:Ugh I'm already in a sykedoc game.
I've grouped all these together since they are mostly irrelevant RVS/RQS junk. I have no comment.
Ythan wrote:Have you considered that the inclusion of certain characters in the banner may lend credence to some claims over others?
I considered this as well, to be honest, so I'm not ready to call this a scumslip 100%. I see Iecerint's point, but IMO it's debatable.
Ythan wrote:Says the guy with a raccoon/raccoon dog.
Ythan wrote:I think that mini 1000 filled up quickly for a reason other than the theme.
Ythan wrote:Return shout-out to Neto!
Ythan wrote:Don't talk about ongoing games.
These are posts that were at the trailing end of the RVS/RQS and somewhat relevant to the discussions at the time but largely inconsequential to the game which was just kicking off. Again no comment.
Ythan wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Alrighty...Question time!

1) Why do you play Mafia?
It's the greatest game ever conceived.

2) How many licks DOES it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
Three.

3) Can you describe your thought processes leading into this game? I don't follow.
My thoughts about it starting out?

4) Let's say that you win the game. What conditions lead to that win?
Dead scum.
What qualities will the game have?
Not b-mod I hope.
Will it be ordered or chaotic, logical or gut-based, fast or drawn out?
Depends on the mod I say.

5) What is the square root of potato?
Potatoes are roots.

6) Can you please link me to the one game that you're most proud of on this site?
7) This is not a question.
Is this an answer?

My answers will follow everybody else posting their answers, and will be posted with the reasoning behind each question. I do this so that my answers and reasoning don't interfere with the answers generated by others, thus skewing the results.
Obviously it would be a very rookie mistake to trip up over these questions, so nothing to see here. Not scumhunting yet though.
Ythan wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Good to see that there are plenty of personal beefs to go around :roll:

I'll get to answering Neto's "poll" when I'm back.

I forgot to do this Friday

@MOD I'm V/LA for the holiday weekend til Tuesday.
Plus one.
Ythan wrote:I used Ythan before I came to MS.
Again these are just fluff.
Ythan wrote:Ice, Neto, or Robo. Voting one of you three.
Ythan wrote:Robo's reaction to Neto's standard play and Ice's response. I haven't decided which one is scum yet.
Ythan wrote:I didn't say that actually. I said I didn't decide which one of you was scum. Derp.
So, he doesn't think all 3 of them are scum, but includes them all in a list of which one will be getting his vote... makes no sense. Also there is no justification here, just a vote. Meh.
Ythan wrote:Oh yeah I forgot to say. It was your responses to Robo, not your initial questions.
Neto launches an early game attack (which are always weak) on Robo for being overly paranoid and that's scummy? I guess it could be construed that way. Pretty weak, IMO, and an experienced player should know this is weak.
Ythan wrote:Magna just holds a grudge because he's not good. Neto, I don't think you're scum, I never said I did. Don't worry k?
So wait, Now Neto's not scum, but you still put him on your top 3 vote recipients list?
Ythan wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Uh, yeah, you did. I don't get why you're backing off like that. That's unlike you.
I said one of you three was scum.

Ice, more this post after it.
Iecerint wrote:Still makes no sense. Your apparent way of dealing with a player you find hard to read is to reduce their capacity to produce content.
I'm not even sure what this is trying to say, but it's not scumhunting.
Ythan wrote:That's weak Kdub.
Stronger than Ythan's case against Neto, that's for sure.
Ythan wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:

ZERGLINGS HAVE INVADED THE BASE! ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKE
That's a hydralisk actually.
Muffin wrote:
millar13 wrote:I'm not replacing out of a game, because someone has a vendetta on me and I'm stepping up to the mark.
Plus the fact that from a quick skim...he seems most scummy seems to be apparent. Its quite clear im not the only one that thinks this after only six pages
I already asked you WHY you find him scummy and the best answer you could come up with is "Honesty i dislike him totally, in the way he plays and his general attitude."

You say he's the most scummy but can't back it up with evidence?
I seem to recall him doing exactly that.
Iecerint wrote:Well, that was neat.

If we look at RC's global posting pattern on the site, we may get an idea of when the "Zerg Rush" ability was sent in. This is relevant based on the probability that it was sent in prior to robo claiming needing an extra vote to lynch him.

Ythan, why is that post scummy?
Because my infallible gut said so.
A big post, but mostly fluff. First of all Ythan, I defy you to provide me with a quote of Millar providing EVIDENCE. He provided none, so I'm not sure how you can recall him doing "Exactly that". Also your gut tells you it's scummy. Ok, but no defensible position is made. Just another "because I said so" which is not scumhunting.
Ythan wrote:
I've been helping my girlfriend move and spending most of my time over at her new place. I'll see about catching up tonight but I'm in a few games so I'll be spreading the love around. Is there anything immediately requiring my attention while I make this same post in those other threads?
Robo, since I saw you ask, I don't get why Chun Li would have that ability. Did you explain the connection and I just missed it?
This was valid and relevant.
Ythan wrote:Defending millar? Let's hope you got me mixed up with someone else.
It's like Ythan has memory problems or something, or not reading the thread carefully. Look up 2 quotes to find Ythan defending millar.
Ythan wrote:Should still be in RVS? Why would you ever use those words.
I agree with this that the RVS should end ASAP.
Ythan wrote:
vote Furcolow

I still want to hear from Kdub on that comment about defending millar.
See above.
Ythan wrote:Take a guess.
Still no case presented, still no defensible position.
Ythan wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Folks....Furcolow is making no sense. I get that. But, I'm not sure that we can say that he's scum for that. We need to figure out if he's a VI or if he's scum. To me, I can't think of a possible scum motivation for his actions as of yet, but I need to review his other games to see if he's always this nonsensical.
Prolonging RVS is anti-town. OMGUS is scummy.
Kdub wrote:
Ythan wrote:Defending millar? Let's hope you got me mixed up with someone else.
You're saying posts 119 and 232 aren't you defending millar?
Let's take a look at your reasoning.
Kdub wrote:I'm feeling worse and worse about Ythan's play. He's been defending millar too much for my liking.
I attacked your weak case twice. Instead of trying to shore it up you're using that to try to paint me as defending millar. Yeah I think you're full of it and reaching.
I agree that OMGUS and prolonging the RVS are anti-town, but in light of Millar's flip and Furco's hammer I think we can safely assume Furcolow is just kind of a noob.
Ythan wrote:Spyre is it just me or is the second of my games you've replaced into in as many days?
Fluff
Ythan wrote:
Muffin wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:I disagree. This game hasn't been about scumhunting rather speculation due to the Zerg Rush, he has provided content. He has scumhunted as much as anyone else.
Do you think speculating about the nature of the zerg rush (kekeke) is pro town? In my opinion it's wasted effort. it puzzles me too, but I'm not paralyzed by confusion like it seems other players are. I see an interesting game mechanic, take note of it, and move on. Speculating back and forth as to the nature of the zerg rush (kekekeke) is fine from an academic standpoint but it's not going to get us anywhere as a town.
Are you saying that mere speculation is anti-town?
Ythan wrote:Ok good answer.
Thanks man.
Ythan wrote:
Kdub wrote:Ythan:
You just said my case is weak with no reason why it is weak, how do you want me to shore it up? I think my initial reason to suspect millar was a pretty clear point, what is there to clear up about it?
I think I remember saying it lacks substance. Twice.
Furcolow wrote:Some OMGUS
ARE
town. Are you DENYING that? If so, I completely disagree. I know a guy I play with on another website that ALWAYS does that when he is town, and I'm the same way.
Oh look I found today's lynch.
Furcolow wrote:if you want to lynch our detective on day 1 go for it. lord knows i've done that before.
AtE ugh. Why did you make this useless post right after your claim post?
Furcolow wrote:knowledgeable millar :), surprising.
I have another ability, but I'd like to keep that a secret, as it doesn't really affect anyone. (no, it isn't a treestump)
Please tell me you're dead. I haven't caught up to the last post yet and I'm hoping you've been lynched already.
millar13 wrote:yes i do know that lol....i have been here longer than you.
But Neto? Don't tell me you would rather be in the game on D4, than in D1.
Everyone is selfish in this game (but i have sacrificed myself) but i am erratic.
I don't like or get the point of this. Plus it's anti-town.
Still not really scum hunting. This post is mostly just saying "furco is scummy" three times without backing it up again. Also that last bit could be coaching millar?
Ythan wrote:Meaning?
Ythan wrote:Wait are you OMGUSing me? Shouldn't you say that I'm buddies with one of the people you've been hopping onto with no explanation?
Sparring back and forth with Furco but it's like Ythan has been relying on wiki tells to paint furco as scum. Yes, he uses AtE, OMGUS, but that in and of itself does not make scum.
Ythan wrote:I want one of furc/millar dead and am tentatively willing to follow Spyre's plan.

Also I think I missed a plan somewhere that involves something happening to me. Clarification?
Reading further I'd be willing to be scanned for ability if I'm reading correctly and that's the idea.

Also why do I see people discussing who they think will be the nk?

This all seems to be in order. I can check back into why I was wary of kdub but now that I'm seeing a more scummy millar I think I was just being difficult.
Here I think he's realized that millar is beyond saving and is distancing himself/getting ready for the bus.
Ythan wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Ythan
– would you consider Shotty?
I haven't caught a scum read from Shotty but I will iso him if we can't settle on one of the other two and consider whether this is acceptable. If I still don't find him scummy I'd really rather not.
Furcolow wrote:i don't really feel like we should focus on "who should have this or that ability" until i can investigate and find someone who has the zerg rush ability
So let's stop a meaningful line of discussion, made even more so by the fact that it has consistently been ignored, until you, a player that I and not I alone find scummy, can tell us what to do.
Kdub wrote:Ythan:
So what made you suddenly realize millar was scummy?
Much needed catching up.
You must have been pretty far behind not to think millar was scummy until this point, this post was made on page 21 I think. Completely agree with the point about Furco wanting us to wait until he had a guilty. However this reinforces him as an inexperienced player with an investigative role in my mind.
Ythan wrote:
millar13 wrote:Shotty case will come...although if I get to L-2...i will claim
and maybe you think the errors of your ways

Millar today, right?
I can see the bus coming down the road...
Ythan wrote:
millar13 wrote:and tbh; if anyone thinks all three of us are scum. Then thats not good scum-hunting that just lazy hunting. And it will end up costing the town; come the night
Unless we have good players with protective roles.
When someone asks for content this is not the right response.
Agree with this post, but notice we're something like 25 pages in to the game and we STILL haven't seen a defensible position from Ythan.
Ythan wrote:Please don't ask that question in the thread, you know that it is useless.
It's easy to get past town's scrutiny by focusing on someone like Furco who puts such a huge target on his back.
Ythan wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:Responding to prod, sorta. Was going to post here anyways.

MoI- I will not switch to Millar. Not because of my read on him, but because what he is doing. He is providing good discussion and being active. I think if we kill him, we will have a serious activity problem, like we already sorta do.
Your only excuse for him is that he's posting, completely neglecting evidence against him for a lynch.
More distancing from scum-millar.
Ythan wrote:
Iecerint wrote:Ythan, could you please articulate the evidence against Millar for a lynch?
Could you please articulate the evidence against me for a lynch?
I found this one interesting. When asked about evidence against millar, Ythan dodged the question entirely.
Ythan wrote:
Iecerint wrote:The short version is that I don't think you're scumhunting and I think you've slipped a few times (e.g. complaining about some abilities being more a priori feasible pregame)
What was this exactly?
Furcolow wrote:look ive had it up to here with this shit. go ahead and mislynch me. i really don't give two shits.

if you all do a) i'm doing a
if you all do b) i'm doing b

i'm going to react you all.
if you all lynch me, i'm going to laugh at how bad the town played letting people like shotty, millar, or ythan run free and be scummy
if you all dont lynch me, i'm going to see what powers shotty, millar, or ythan has
No, it's not everyone else's fault. You have played poorly so you're going to be lynched at some point. Don't act like everyone else is wrong for not seeing through your bad play.
Even though Iec overuses the term "a priori" I agree that Ythan hasn't been scumhunting, as evidenced by this pbpa.
Ythan wrote:
Ythan wrote:Have you considered that the inclusion of certain characters in the banner may lend credence to some claims over others?
You think that this is scummy? As for the other thing, if that's the way you feel then tough shit I'm not going to make you feel any different. When you're done talking about what you get a sense of then we can talk.
Playing tough guy to deflect criticism.
Ythan wrote:Have you considered that anyone else might have such concerns about claims? And my performance is not anti-town. You have have your problems with some things that I have done but not only is my play perfectly
acceptable
, but even if you don't find it such then your lack of acceptance means nothing to me.
Your play most certainly is not "acceptable" despite what you might personally think. Appealing to some sort of established meta isn't going to work.
Ythan wrote:I forget, who was it I was asked to move to? Furc really should be dead.
Not reading the thread carefully is, IMO a pretty reliable scum tell.
Ythan wrote:Will you go on record as saying that it's not scummy? You seem to consider Furc nothing more than a VI.
Here it looked like I might be forgiving furco, which to a certain extent I was. Not sure what he would have done had I said furco wasn't scummy... paint me as scum maybe?
Ythan wrote:
millar13 wrote:Apart from Shotty-to-the-Body, but that is really dependent on Neto and not a total 100% solid case (but when has this ever been about solid cases?)
Don't bother posting if you're going to undermine your own message.
millar13 wrote:
VLA this weekend
so if you do decided to lynch me; your idiots
If you get lynched it's by a fair analysis of your play.

When you get back claim before I hammer you.
I can hear the bus coming now...
Ythan wrote:Are you a mindset-cop? Amazing.
Ythan wrote:I'll continue to discredit you as long as you call my mindset anti-town.

What should we do this weekend while millar is postponing his lynch?
Here Ythan does raise a good point... we can't really comment about someone's mindset. We CAN comment about their actions, and to date Ythan hasn't done any scumhunting or presented any cases beyond wiki tells.
Ythan wrote:Does Furc need more heat? He's about cooked.
Ythan wrote:Are you kidding.
Ythan wrote:You idiot. Have you not been paying attention to a single thing anyone has been saying. Why did you hammer?
Ythan wrote:You idiot. Have you not been paying attention to a single thing anyone has been saying. Why did you hammer?
Furco's hammer looked pretty bad to me too, until Millar flipped.
Ythan wrote:Robo you dumbass he fakeclaimed to avoid being outed as Kerrigan, a character clearly connected to an anti-town ability. Ice, it is established in the rules that this is a partial reveal game. It's not a janitor type role. Also, Furc dies today. Lastly, I got a PM last night that indicates that someone visited me. Nothing seems to have happened so I assume it was some sort of investigation/watch/track ability. REALLY lastly, mod why did you have to use the sluttiest pictures you could find? Seriously everyone needs to see the picture in my role PM when we're done.
Who fakeclaimed? Millar? No... I read his iso and didn't see a claim from him. Not reading the thread carefully is a scumtell I find reliable. Also this post is interesting because here Ythan claims he was visited, and then later we'll see him deny it.
Ythan wrote:A single concern, why is the picture Terran (pre-Zerg) Kerrigan?
Ythan wrote:Unsatisfied, personally.
Okay, you're unsatisfied... good for you I guess?
Ythan wrote:Considering that I wasn't mafia killed no I don't think so.
Haha, I love the subtle "I am town" implication here. Alternatively you could be alive because you ARE mafia?
Ythan wrote:I think he was scum. Scummy player, lied about his role. I also wish I had known this wasn't going to be a full reveal game before I joined, but at least it's historic. I'm unsatisfied because the character shown in the flip is not one who should have Zerg-related abilities.
Okay, so he was scum according to you. So are you suggesting (as per later posts I'm about to get to) that there are 2 kerrigans in this game?
Ythan wrote:Good luck! Be careful around doctors though they're NK bait.
Irrelevant but I laughed at this.
Ythan wrote:I think your claim, that the use of a human Kerrigan to sow confusion is part of the setup, is a stretch.
Ythan wrote:Tell SK that.
Ythan wrote:Obviously it is a Sarah Kerrigan, Queen of Blades ability. The only issue is whether or not that character is the same as Sarah Kerrigan the Ghost.
So.... again, are you suggesting there are 2 Kerrigans on the scum team?
Ythan wrote:Is the lynch threshold still reduced?
Valid question but still no scum hunting.
Ythan wrote:I think your argument is misbegotten. The presence of a single very scummy character would not ruin the purpose of a partial-reveal game.
Ythan wrote:I'm not complaining. I called it a single concern, which it remains.
Ythan wrote:I would still like to know about the lynch threshold.
Ythan wrote:I'm not being the least bit evasive, stop obviously trying to paint that shit on me plz thx.
Ythan wrote:Well considering that you're building this entire one-sided conversation you're pretending to have with me off of shit I never said there really isn't any relevance for me in taking part. That's the case now just as it was earlier on the page, and it's going to remain so into the future.
Ythan wrote:I'm with me on this one. I'm not. In order to be evasive I'd have to be evading someone. So close! Now stop.
This whole exchange doesn't feel right to me. I've already covered why it doesn't make sense for Ythan to be arguing this. He might not be purposely being evasive but he's definitely not giving straight answers.
Ythan wrote:
Furcolow wrote:FoS on Ythan until you explain to us how you know you were visited
Why don't you point out where I gave any indication I knew I was visited.
bv310 wrote:Samus and Cortana, definitely not.
I was doubting that the human Kerrigan used a Zerg ability. You're assuming alignments.
Okay again... do you think there are 2 scum kerrigans in this game or what? That's what you seem to be implying.
Ythan wrote:Don't defend Furc please.
Yeah furc's defense should come from him, not someone else. But I'm not ready to lynch furc yet.
Ythan wrote:Robo we can get to why you're scum after Furc is dead please wait your turn.
I actually think Robo is town.
Ythan wrote:
Furcolow wrote:he doesn't need to defend me u and shotty are scum buddies trying to push a policy lynch
Lol what. Try really hard to explain this.
I wouldn't call it a policy lynch.
Ythan wrote:Hey Furc I forget what does AtE stand for.
Ythan wrote:
Furcolow wrote:Hey Ythan when we lynch you don't cry ok
Also OMGUS, I've a little hazy on that one too if you could help me out.

Seriously you're so full of shit. Do you actually have anything against me or are you just flailing?
Ythan wrote:No OMGUS doesn't require a vote. OMGUS is attacking someone with no basis because they're attacking you. That's exactly what you're doing. Now go cry about not liking my playstyle until we're ready to string you up.
More wiki tells but still nothing substantive.
Ythan wrote:That has nothing to do with my argument about Kerrigan you idiot. Please go sit in the corner quietly until we're ready for you.
Your argument about kerrigan is a) irrelevant and b) nonsensical
Ythan wrote:Lots of reasons that, unfortunately, Ice has yet to properly enumerate. Also any claims that I've won scummies as a wallposter are blatant, boldfaced lies easily dismissed. I've never won a scummy,
ever
. I've been nominated for one, and hardly for wallposting. Ice you are seriously stretching here.
Whatever
Ythan wrote:Oh, you've
already done it
. And so you can't be bothered to actually post it all together as a real case can you? I can't possibly discredit you any further, nor better minimize any negligible threat. You're bullshitting at this point. If not, actually make your case.
Is it cool if I make a case?

------------------------------

WOW. I'm sorry this is so long, seriously I apologize because I hate reading walls of text, but I couldn't think of a better way to organize everything. I'm open to suggestions on that issue.

In any case, if you made it through the whole post, and I sincerely hope people make the attempt to read it, you will see that Iecerint is correct: Ythan really hasn't done much scumhunting beyond calling people out on AtE and OMGUS.

With that in mind, I would like to
vote: Ythan
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Furcolow »

millar13 wrote:FU FURC!
angry scum that got owned cc
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Muffin wrote:I considered this as well, to be honest, so I'm not ready to call this a scumslip 100%. I see Iecerint's point, but IMO it's debatable.
Didn't you say you agreed with me about it D1?
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Muffin »

Iecerint wrote:
Muffin wrote:I considered this as well, to be honest, so I'm not ready to call this a scumslip 100%. I see Iecerint's point, but IMO it's debatable.
Didn't you say you agreed with me about it D1?
Here's the post I think you might be referring to, with clarifications in red.
Muffin wrote:
Iecerint wrote:I think scum would be more disposed to be worried about the banner's effects on role plausibility than town.
I think that's
[Ythan's concern is]
valid. I thought the same thing
[about whether or not we could assume Samus/Chun Li/Joanna Dark/Whoever else are in the game]
before the game started.
Like I said, I can see how scum would be more preoccupied with finding a good fakeclaim, but I don't think that scum would be alone in considering this. Hope that clears it up.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ah, OK. That's indeed what I was thinking of.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Muffin »

Any thoughts other than that so far?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I don't think I disagree with anything in your post. (It's worth lampshading for those who didn't really read it that a lot of it is similar to your post about whoever it was D1 (I think that was you?), so a lot of it is like "this is vacuous" or "this part is OK I guess" and so on.)

I'm waiting for Kdub and bv to come play with us. bv is sorta always a little shifty, but Kdub has been uncharacteristically lurky IMO. I feel sorta unloved. :(

Shotty could be more affectionate, too.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Muffin »

Iecerint wrote:I don't think I disagree with anything in your post. (It's worth lampshading for those who didn't really read it that a lot of it is similar to your post about whoever it was D1 (I think that was you?), so a lot of it is like "this is vacuous" or "this part is OK I guess" and so on.)
Yeah that was my big post about millar. The point of both this and the millar post was to gather all the subject's posts into one conglomeration and show, post by post, that there was essentially no scumhunting done. I also pointed out a few things that were scummy, but the main point was solely to highlight the lack of scumhunting.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I’m going to say one thing regarding Sarah Kerrigan and her flip – Her picture as a Ghost has exactly ZERO bearing on her being the person with the Zerg rush. The name of the game is “The Brave and the
Beautiful
”. I have huge doubts that Reaper would include a butt-ugly (nothing personal SK) version of Sarah Kerrigan as opposed to a nubile and hot version.

That said given it was millar who used the Zerg Rush (as I suggested early on, BTW) I’m rethinking the possibility he was just stupid Town trying to secure a lynch on Robo. Until I see some evidence in Green or Red regarding millar’s flip I’m not excluding the possibility he is Town. There Robo you no longer get the free “I’m not scum” pass for being the Zerg Rush victim.
Furc wrote:the fact that players like you push on players like me is why this website is terrible for town play.
I have a VERY high rate of catching scum.
You should take notes.
Some demonstrable links supporting the bolded assertion or I’ll assume this is you just blowing smoke.
Furc wrote:It's very mild, and I really don't have a great candidate for lynching. Everytime I've really tried to scumhunt to help out in a game it lynches a townie lol
Wait weren’t you just saying you were the Master Scumhunter? This seems a little bit contradictory … as if you just post by the seat of your ego and don’t bother thinking as you do so.
Furc wrote:Could Samus Aran have been scum? I'm not that familiar with metroidal alignment.
Depending on how manipulative Reaper is being anyone could be scum. That said canonically Samus is pure hero.
Furc wrote:he doesn't need to defend me u and shotty are scum buddies trying to push a policy lynch
Stop whining that every suspicion about you is a policy lynch. Your play Day 1 sucked and the only reason you aren’t under pressure for the way you hammered is that fact that millar flipped Sarah Kerrigan.

You over-reaction is noted, since Shotty didn’t even vote for you.
Furc wrote:yeah, i'm a cop. you're dumb.
For the umpteenth f’ng time you’ve claimed Ability Cop not Cop. Huge difference. And also for the umpteenth f’ng time Proven Ability does not indicate Proven alignment.

And heck, you haven’t even proven the Ability. You are claiming it was stolen.
Furc wrote:bv310, MoI, and Kdub are all possible lurky scum in my opinion.
Here’s a New flash for you … the game has only been unlocked for 24 hours. Someone not posting right away might be a sign that they perhaps are busy.

The more you post the deeper you dig. At this point I’d suggest doing more listening and less foot-in-mouthing.
Muffin wrote:Rereading D1, but I just want to point out real quick that my randomvote was the lynch, and was scum. I am awesome.
Any proof you can provide that millar was 100% confirmed scum Muffin? I don’t see any clear Mod indications. As stated above I’m not 100% sold that he wasn’t dumb Town. If that turns out the be the case (he was dumb Town) your statement above is a prime example of scum trying to cash in on an low information lynch for Town credit. Consider yourself being watched by eyes.
Iec wrote:1. Scum have a Janitor role that works on lynches and made millar flip Kerrigan.
2. There are 2 Kerrigans in this game. The scum one (Furco, because KerriganKerriganTanya is like a total wall-banger) is zerg-version Kerrigan.
Option 2 I think is quite looney, IMO. Option 1 conflicts with the ruleset and thus is out the window.
Iec wrote:Millar claimed something?
No. He said he would and then got quickhammered by Furc.
Robo wrote:I was roleblocked last night. And if the roleblocker was town, they made a pretty bad move in my opinion.
Based on a later post are you confirming that you got a specific block PM from Reaper?

Given that Neto was offed I think I’ll start the day

VOTE: Shotty

You say you’ll have more time to provide content. Put up or shut up.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Muffin »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Any proof you can provide that millar was 100% confirmed scum Muffin? I don’t see any clear Mod indications. As stated above I’m not 100% sold that he wasn’t dumb Town. If that turns out the be the case (he was dumb Town) your statement above is a prime example of scum trying to cash in on an low information lynch for Town credit. Consider yourself being watched by eyes.
Is there serious doubt in your mind that millar was scum? There's definitely no doubt in mine. Watch me all you like.
Option 2 I think is quite looney, IMO. Option 1 conflicts with the ruleset and thus is out the window.
So if you agree that there's only 1 kerrigan in this game... are you suggesting the zerg rush could be a town-aligned power?
Based on a later post are you confirming that you got a specific block PM from Reaper?
That was Ythan, as I noted previously.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Muffin wrote:So if you agree that there's only 1 kerrigan in this game... are you suggesting the zerg rush could be a town-aligned power?
It’s unlikely but possible. Ythan had a similar ability as a JOAT in Weeds Mafia. What gives me pause is that millar played so badly I can see him trying a quicklynch on Robo (who at the time was Public Enemy Number 1 for his response to Neto) not realizing how scummy it would look and not cluing in to Robo’s crumbs that he had a raised lynch threshold.

I still think he’s most likely scum but am not going to bias my game with information I can’t completely rely on.
Muffin wrote:That was Ythan, as I noted previously.
Wrong. Robo claimed to be blocked and made a comment about flavor in a Reaper PM. I wanted confirmation from him.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

@ MoI

1. Yes, millar could have been stupid town. However, that is default interpretation. Like. Whoa. And this is a no-alignment reveal game, so you're going to wait a long time for "seeing red," etc.
2. Furco's "I'm a Cop" bit is a response to Robo's "OMG FURCO SAID HE WASN'T A TOWNIE ERGO CLAIMED SCUM" point.
3. My point was that both of those possibilities is a bit loony.
4. I think someone (Ythan?) alluded to "millar's claim;" that's the basis of that post IIRC.

@ Muffin -- yeah, I think he said as much explicitly earlier in that e-mail. It's a O.O moment for me, too. I think he almost certainly would have claimed responsibility as town after we started scumhunting based on trying to find SK. Also, no town would ever try to cut us off like that.

So, uh. Yeah. It's a bizarre thesis.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: That would require EXTREMELY lulztown play.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hey Icerint. Nice try but I checked, Ythill's never won a scummy. He's obviously the guy you were referring to when you backtracked from that comment about my play.
Iecerint wrote:Regarding my "crazy theories" --

I think it is a good strategy to briefly posit what universe we are playing the game in. It might clarify people's role functions, etc.

At least one player (Ythan) had posted beliefs that seemed odd to be put together (millar is scum AND millar is humanKerriganOnly AND zergKerrigan is out there and scum), which either indicates that scum (or town, I guess, but it's easier to get mixed up like this as scum, I think) got mixed up, or that he assumes a game universe I had not been creative enough to think up. So I asked which one applied, and he got all defensive by a) attacking MY suggested game universe, which was not the question asked and then b) framing the issue as if I was using rhetoric against him (complain/concern semantics complaint). I also thought his page 1 thing was a scumslip, but that's really old news.

I'm repeating all that in the event that Ythan has a bad memory and isn't obfuscating matters deliberately.
I never posited that there were two Kerrigans, you're just misrepping me.
Furcolow wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:No, not Vig, you though i def would have if I could have.

And I don't think that would have messed us up at ALL.
Why are you so ready to sacrifice a townie? The more and more you keep unjustifiably attacking me, the more and more i'm going to laugh. You are pretty much a confirmed townie to me, so I'm not even going to bother attacking you, it's not worth it for us.
If you wonder at any point why you're a bad player, the AtE is a big part of it.
Iecerint wrote:
This is the page 1 Ythan post I am referring to. Scum are more likely to have these kinds of complaints about fakeclaims than town are about realclaims. Town are more likely to see an off town role as part of the game; scum are more likely to see an off fakeclaim as just being a shitty fakeclaim.

I am leaning against lynching Ythan today, but his claim that I have not presented specific complaints against him, or that there is no reason to suspect him, or that people's attacks against him are just rhetorical, is bogus.
I think you'll see why I'd be concerned about claims if I am ever made to do so.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”