Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by foilist13 »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:@ foilist- are you willing to vote for G & H?
Maybe. I'm not done reading yet.

@Good & Honest: You want to not be mean to people or call them liars. Get over it. I want a scum list from you in your next post with good reasons. Don't you dare say you don't know and give me a bunch of town reads. You
will
vote in your next post or I will have no problem seeing you lynched on the spot. Get Crackin.

Secondly, stop with the big blocks of text. I don't want to read through that much stuff when it's 90% fluff and you don't accuse anybody.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I like you foilist
#freeShotty
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[3] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi, Prox, Switz)

[2] Prox - (Haylen, drmyshottyizsik)
[0] archaebob - ()
[0] foilist13 - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Haylen - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[4]
Not Voting
- (archaebob, foilist13, Good and Honest, Little Plastic Ninja, silverbullet999)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FlavorImage <--- Camoflauged!

Last edited by KittyMo on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

I've been good foil!

[sarcasim] I call shotty and foilist scumbuddies!
... People were right it seems....
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:10 pm

OK everytime I'm nice to someone you can't call us scum buddies!!!
#freeShotty
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Switz »

silverbullet wrote:[sarcasm] I call shotty and foilist scumbuddies!
sar·casm: n. a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
Hinduragi wrote:
Shotty wrote:@ Everyone- At this point in time three people have really been tested, and ridiculed, and questions. I think that we need to get to know Switz, Haylen, Hinduragi, and silver bullet a bit better.
Again, this sounds like you're putting heat off yourself. I'm just going to come out and say what Shotty is trying to do. No, this is not intended to be anything against him. In fact, I'd like to give him some posts to defend himself because so far any post that, in my opinion, has content, has been about Shotty. In fact, it feels like everyone is ganging up on him ever since I posted my case. I noticed that Switz had a giant of a post. Then, after discussing, as G&H said, "drmyshottyizsik versus Prox", he had a paragraph and a half or so of other things to discuss. This leads me to believe we should have a more active discussion about other fellow players before someone even considers moving Shotty to L-1. Shotty, I think you're in the right here that we should all get to know each other a little better. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute to the actions of achieving this. Suggestions would be welcomed.
This is a good point, but let's not reduce the heat on Shotty just because we haven't discussed everyone else. We can learn more about each other and keep the pressure on him at the same time, and I think it'll be beneficial all-around. And in regards to your EBWOP, do you think we're not discussing the Shotty case sufficiently? Or that I am scum, for that matter?

Of Shotty's suggestions, I'm leaning towards examining silverbullet a bit further. I don't have a good read on him yet either way, so it can only help to get one. I'm gonna skim the thread quick and then post up my thoughts on silver's play so far.

@ the replacements: Welcome, good to finally have a full town playing. Arch, I look forward to your read; Foil, you seem to have done so already so I'm going to turn to you. Part of me likes that you're taking a hard line on G&H, and part of me is worried that it's going to do nothing but derail the town. The latter part of me's winning, especially since Shotty's performing his personal trademark "bonding" on you for going after one of his targets. I know you're still working on the read, but do you think G&H is scummier/worse for town than Shotty, or not?

Of Shotty's suggestions, I'm leaning towards examining silverbullet a bit further. I don't have a good read on him yet either way, so it can only help to get one.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Switz »

Okay so obviously "quick" didn't happen but here's what I've got:

Most of SB's posts seem to advocate waiting, which is a bit ambiguous to me. The most notable example is his statement where he says he'd put Shotty at L-1 except he wants to wait for the other two roles so he can try to get a read. Which now begs the question: Silver, if you get a good or decent read on Foil and Arch, are you still planning on putting Shotty at L-1? Why or why not?

The only other thing jumping out at me is that he's spent most of his time focusing on trying to translate one statement Shotty's made, and is just agreeing with the arguments. Like the above though, I'm not sure exactly what to make of that either.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:10 pm

@Switz
Of Shotty's suggestions, I'm leaning towards examining silverbullet a bit further. I don't have a good read on him yet either way, so it can only help to get one
You said this twice O_O in the same post. Also feel free to examine me and question me as much as you'd like (this goes to everyone).
Which now begs the question: Silver, if you get a good or decent read on Foil and Arch, are you still planning on putting Shotty at L-1? Why or why not?
Currently not willing to yet, wanna see Good's reaction with foil and wanna hear more from Arch.
The only other thing jumping out at me is that he's spent most of his time focusing on trying to translate one statement Shotty's made, and is just agreeing with the arguments.
Could you sort of clarify on this a bit more? I would understand if you said I've been focusing on Shotty's attitude with lynching/voting Good... but I don't know if that's what you mean.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:41 am

Post by archaebob »

vote hinduragi

Hate to break it you, but I can see right through you bud.
Hinduragi wrote:Again, this sounds like you're putting heat off yourself. I'm just going to come out and say what Shotty is trying to do. No, this is not intended to be anything against him. In fact, I'd like to give him some posts to defend himself because so far any post that, in my opinion, has content, has been about Shotty. In fact, it feels like everyone is ganging up on him ever since I posted my case. I noticed that Switz had a giant of a post. Then, after discussing, as G&H said, "drmyshottyizsik versus Prox", he had a paragraph and a half or so of other things to discuss. This leads me to believe we should have a more active discussion about other fellow players before someone even considers moving Shotty to L-1. Shotty, I think you're in the right here that we should all get to know each other a little better. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute to the actions of achieving this. Suggestions would be welcomed.
Jeez, your terrified, aren't you? I can almost feel your fingers physically trembling as you write this. This type of nervous energy, of way overdoing your efforts to sound logical and consistent and unabrasive is text-book, and I mean
text-book
scum. How many times in this post do you say something, and then immediately qualify it to make sure you haven't left yourself open to attack? A lot.

Do you really think you're fooling anybody with these long winded self-analyzing speeches? I can see exactly what you're trying to do: you keep qualifying and requalifying your opinion, explaining absolutely every little detail of everything so that your utterly fake attempts to make it seem like you actually suspect someone sound logical.

It's ok, it's a common newbie mistake to make as scum. Unfortunately for you, you're now completely outed, and will definitely be lynched in one of the next two days.

Now let's find out who your partner is.

Please answer these questions:

1) Who are your top three suspects for scum? And don't give me a "I don't know" answer, if you HAD to pick three people to die right now, with the hopes that you could win the game, who would you pick? I'm interested in your gut reads, not your convoluted attempts to answer this question logically.

2) Who in this game do you think has been the towniest so far? Why? Feel free to be as logical and indulgently self-analyzing as you want with this one.

@ everybody -
NOBODY say anything about this post before Hinduragi does.
Even if you disagree with me, you don't want to give him any ideas of how to defend himself that he doesn't already have. This is a good rule in general: you shouldn't defend somebody else until they've responded to the attack on them themselves. Otherwise they can just use what somebody else comes up with for them and avoid being caught.

Something you CAN do: if you agree with my attack, vote Hinuragi. If you disagree, vote me. In either case, don't explain why, just drop the vote. NOTE OF CAUTION: Please try super hard not to lynch either of us, as we're just getting warmed up here with this whole scumhunting thing.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:30 am

Post by foilist13 »

vote: hinduragi

hinduragi wrote:Sorry for not being as active as most. I had to work. Anyways, I've read up on this thread. From what I see Good and Honest said, there shouldn't be a reason to vote for him. His playstyle is "The truth but not the lifting of the curtain" if you had to explain it in one phrase. It doesn't really hurt the game. I look at it like a leap of faith in your fellow players. He's either trusting them not to kill him as a townie or trusting them not to kill him as a mafia goon.

I'm keeping my vote simply because this is a RVS still. No progress has really been made except discussion from a select amount of players. I don't see any reason to change my vote either as I suspect Shotty even more than I did earlier in the game. No offense intended, Shotty. You just showed abnormal behavior which I took note of in the beginning of the game and it gradually grew on me. Hopefully we can have the ones who haven't discussed yet come in and lend us a hand.
I can see a lot of that in this post as well.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

archaebob wrote:
vote hinduragi

Hate to break it you, but I can see right through you bud.
Hinduragi wrote:Again, this sounds like you're putting heat off yourself. I'm just going to come out and say what Shotty is trying to do. No, this is not intended to be anything against him. In fact, I'd like to give him some posts to defend himself because so far any post that, in my opinion, has content, has been about Shotty. In fact, it feels like everyone is ganging up on him ever since I posted my case. I noticed that Switz had a giant of a post. Then, after discussing, as G&H said, "drmyshottyizsik versus Prox", he had a paragraph and a half or so of other things to discuss. This leads me to believe we should have a more active discussion about other fellow players before someone even considers moving Shotty to L-1. Shotty, I think you're in the right here that we should all get to know each other a little better. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute to the actions of achieving this. Suggestions would be welcomed.
Jeez, your terrified, aren't you? I can almost feel your fingers physically trembling as you write this. This type of nervous energy, of way overdoing your efforts to sound logical and consistent and unabrasive is text-book, and I mean
text-book
scum. How many times in this post do you say something, and then immediately qualify it to make sure you haven't left yourself open to attack? A lot.

Do you really think you're fooling anybody with these long winded self-analyzing speeches? I can see exactly what you're trying to do: you keep qualifying and requalifying your opinion, explaining absolutely every little detail of everything so that your utterly fake attempts to make it seem like you actually suspect someone sound logical.

It's ok, it's a common newbie mistake to make as scum. Unfortunately for you, you're now completely outed, and will definitely be lynched in one of the next two days.

@ everybody -
NOBODY say anything about this post before Hinduragi does.
Even if you disagree with me, you don't want to give him any ideas of how to defend himself that he doesn't already have. This is a good rule in general: you shouldn't defend somebody else until they've responded to the attack on them themselves. Otherwise they can just use what somebody else comes up with for them and avoid being caught.

Something you CAN do: if you agree with my attack, vote Hinuragi. If you disagree, vote me. In either case, don't explain why, just drop the vote. NOTE OF CAUTION: Please try super hard not to lynch either of us, as we're just getting warmed up here with this whole scumhunting thing.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hinduragi
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am

Hinduragi wrote:I assure you, I am not the one laying any heat on you. You are responsible for your own actions. The heat was already there. I just pointed it out to present my reasons for keeping my vote on you.
BUT when we do the same to you you over protect yourself!
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:04 am

archaebob wrote: 1) Who are your top three suspects for scum? And don't give me a "I don't know" answer, if you HAD to pick three people to die right now, with the hopes that you could win the game, who would you pick? I'm interested in your gut reads, not your convoluted attempts to answer this question logically.

2) Who in this game do you think has been the towniest so far? Why? Feel free to be as logical and indulgently self-analyzing as you want with this one.
1)Prox, Switz, Hinduragi
2)G & H, but it is realllllllllly hard to read him. Second would be silver because he is scum hunting, but not over scum hunting.
#freeShotty
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Hinduragi »

archaebob wrote:Jeez, your terrified, aren't you? I can almost feel your fingers physically trembling as you write this. This type of nervous energy, of way overdoing your efforts to sound logical and consistent and unabrasive is text-book, and I mean text-book scum. How many times in this post do you say something, and then immediately qualify it to make sure you haven't left yourself open to attack? A lot.

Please answer these questions:

1) Who are your top three suspects for scum? And don't give me a "I don't know" answer, if you HAD to pick three people to die right now, with the hopes that you could win the game, who would you pick? I'm interested in your gut reads, not your convoluted attempts to answer this question logically.

@ everybody - NOBODY say anything about this post before Hinduragi does. Even if you disagree with me, you don't want to give him any ideas of how to defend himself that he doesn't already have. This is a good rule in general: you shouldn't defend somebody else until they've responded to the attack on them themselves. Otherwise they can just use what somebody else comes up with for them and avoid being caught.

First let me say thank you. I asked that you guys look at other suspects besides just shotty and bob and foil both just got straight to the point about that.
As to your first question, no, I'm not trembling.
With that, I'll just go ahead and answer your other two questions at the same time. Here's a list of all the players. I re-ordered them from who I believe to be the scummiest to who is the towniest so far.

drmyshottyizsik
Prox
silverbullet999
Switz
Good and Honest
Haylen
foilist13
archaebob

Since you'd like an explanation of the towniest so far, it's because you guys are actually scumhunting and that's all I've heard from you.

Also.
Shotty wrote:BUT when we do the same to you you over protect yourself!
I haven't had to protect myself yet to be honest. There hasn't been any case against me. Also, those questions were for me, lol.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 am

OOOOOPS! I kinda feel dumb right now.
#freeShotty
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:14 am

Post by foilist13 »

See, now I'm becoming more convinced that you are scum. Town almost never keep that cool of a head under fire, which means you are infact trying to appease us rarer than convince us our views are wrong. No townie ever thanked someone for attacking them. You are scum. I'm sorry you got caught this quickly, but you do what you gotta do, ya know?

Now we have to figure out who your scum partner is...
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 am

PROX!!!
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 am

hindu, could you link to your 5-6 previous games if possible?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I am always calm. It's part of how I play and it's also a thing I do irl. I am not trying to appease you though. I have done nothing but answer your questions.

@SB: This is my first game here. The others are from private forums and rl.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 am

Post by foilist13 »

It's not just about how calm you are. If it were, I'd string myself up. You are forcing yourself to be calm and rational right now as you have been he whole game. Your posts are filled with nervous energy. It is clear that you are trying unbelievably hard to avoid attracting animosity or attention. Unfortunately you have failed in that endeavor.
Silver wrote:@ the replacements: Welcome, good to finally have a full town playing. Arch, I look forward to your read; Foil, you seem to have done so already so I'm going to turn to you. Part of me likes that you're taking a hard line on G&H, and part of me is worried that it's going to do nothing but derail the town. The latter part of me's winning, especially since Shotty's performing his personal trademark "bonding" on you for going after one of his targets. I know you're still working on the read, but do you think G&H is scummier/worse for town than Shotty, or not?
I have no intention of derailing the town. However, I also have no intention of letting up on Good & Honest even for a second. His playstyle is fundamentally detrimental to the town. In response to your last question: Yes, G&H is far worse than Shotty. We can read shotty. We can see his positions and analyze for contradictions. G&H has flat out refused to stake out tangible positions, and because his "character" is manufactured, we have no way of reading into his posts. I have no doubt that archaebob is right, and this is some pet experiment being made by G&H's user. It is impossible to know if G&H is scum or not, and because of this we have to assume he's scum until Lylo where he will become a massive problem for the town. He needs to vote or die at this point.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 am

Silver does not recall writing that
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 am

Post by KittyMo »

[3] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi, Prox, Switz)

[3] Hinduragi - (archaebob, foilist13, drmyshottyizsik)
[1] Prox - (Haylen)
[0] archaebob - ()
[0] foilist13 - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Haylen - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[2]
Not Voting
- (Good and Honest, silverbullet999)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FlavorImage

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 am

Post by foilist13 »

Switz, sorry. Not Silver

Can you ever forgive me?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:46 am

Never Ever!
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by foilist13 »

*sniffle* but silver! How can you throw away all we had??[/sob]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”