vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:46 am

Post by vIQleS »

Actually - this is basic isn't it....

Do we do role claims in a basic mafia? (I've never played a basic mafia before)
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:48 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

vote: Stewie
. I'm not joining a bandwagon with Seol any time soon, and we should try to get SOME information out of day one. Where are you, Stewie?
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:50 am

Post by vikingfan »

I should probably clarify my 'basic mafia' since a lot of people seem to be misunderstanding it. It's not a roleless mafia game, just a flavorless mafia (i.e. no Wild West flavor- so no cops and robbers, etc.).

Vote count will come up sometime later this afternoon.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:48 am

Post by vikingfan »

The votes have moved around- 3 players have more than 1 vote, so the game is progressing nicely...

Vote Count:

ChocoCid- 3 (ibaesha, viQLes, mikeburnfire)
Stewie- 3 (d8P, Mr. Stoofer, Commodore Amazing)
Mr. Stoofer- 2 (Falcone, ChocoCid)
Commodore Amazing- 1 (Seol)
Seol- 1 (Nightfall)
viQLes- 1 (Stewie)

Not voting (1): Sineish

7 to lynch.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:50 am

Post by Seol »

Commodore Amazing wrote:
vote: Stewie
. I'm not joining a bandwagon with Seol any time soon,
Why not?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:31 am

Post by Stewie »

I'm here. I have not contributed much because I can't find something to say. Usually one can talk about the deaths, and from there try to speculate how many killing groups there are... someone screws up eventually. However, we do not have that advantage.

I will comment on the three quotations iba made. In the first one, I am suggesting we get back to the game because talking about where we are from will not get us anywhere if it's all we talk about. In the second one, I asked for a vote count because I intended to vote for Choco. Instead of saying "That's a very good point" or "I agree," I asked for the vote count to make sure I didn't provoke an accidental lynch. In the last one, I am stuck because I couldn't find anything substantial to say, and nobody else seemed to, so I asked the replacement to comment on the game. Replacements usually have something to add. The reason I did not add my vote at this point is because choco had already explained himself fully.

Furthermore, I had no idea you guys were looking for me. For some reasons, the past few days I've been looking at page 4, then telling myself "huh, no new posts" without checking the fifth page. I blame schooll, I've had two big tests on monday, plus a big english project due tomorrow. With all the work, this game slipped my mind.

Now that I'm here, I will
vote: commodore amazing
for the following:
Okay. I'll play for real.

Starting...

Now. unvote: viQLes
Unvoting without revoting stalls the game. There are situations in which I would find it acceptable, but that wasn't one of them.
Mr Stoofer, I think your case against Sineish is very weak. I do not think it's enough reason to vote for you, though.
Points out that Mr. Stoofer's reason to vote is weak when Mr. Stoofer himself had already pointed that out. That, plus the fact that he points it out but still doesn't vote for him strikes me as suspicious.

There's also what Seol mentioned. Since I mentioned how "playing for real = stop playing?" (I was in a hurry), CA did hold on to his vote tightly. At first he changed from one random vote to a baseless one, but after unvoting he took his time to vote again eventhough he voiced concern about the posts of two other players.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:32 am

Post by Stewie »

unvote: viQLes, vote: Commodore Amazing

That's better.
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:44 pm

Post by Sineish »

Right, I've decided it has to be
vote: ChocoCid
, for reading far too much into things, particularly with regards to his post where he voted for Stoofer.

S.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:12 pm

Post by vikingfan »

More votes changing...

Vote Count:

ChocoCid- 4 (ibaesha, viQLes, mikeburnfire, Sineish)
Stewie- 3 (d8P, Mr. Stoofer, Commodore Amazing)
Mr. Stoofer- 2 (Falcone, ChocoCid)
Commodore Amazing- 2 (Seol, Stewie)
Seol- 1 (Nightfall)

Not voting (0):

7 to lynch.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Post by vIQleS »

unvote

just in case none of us are Scum...

still
FOS: CC
Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by ChocoCid »

:?:

While I appreciate you unvoting me, what the hell do you mean, "in case none of us are Scum"?
[url=http://www.rpgelite.net]RPG Elite[/url] (777) Dragoon Choco-Mage: ChocoCid
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vikingfan
, please could you clarify the rules on deadline lynches.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:10 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Choco: I'm not sure who you were directing the 'blowing out of proportion' statement at, but I'd like to say that my keeping my vote based on an added suspicion is far from blowing anything out of proportion. Seol is one of those players that always makes sense, regardless of role, so I thought the whole FOSing him for his typical playstyle was odd. Perhaps you aren't aware of it.

Stewie: Your response is reasonable enough. I have to admit, what drew my attention was that you seemed to be contributing less than I've seen in the past and I didn't want to let it slide without mention.

Mr. Stoofer: Something is not sitting right with me about you. First you say/do something I think is suspicious, and then shortly after answer any questions regarding the behavior with decent reasoning. The latter doesn't erase the first completely though so consider this statement a slight FOS.

I'm not quite getting the suspicions on Commadore even though they've been explained. Is this behavior unusual for him?
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:57 am

Post by Falcone »

That deadline really did help to create discussion and move the game forward.

ViQLes, do you really think it's likely that:
a) none of ChocoCid and the 4 players voting for him are scum
and
b) the scum would be so stupid to jump on and lynch him?

Also, and maybe that's more serious, you seem to assume that there's exactly three mafia members. Three is a plausible number, but by no means a certainty. So do you know something about the setup that the town doesn't know?

FOS: ViQLes
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:17 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Ibeasha's post prompted me to pull up ChocCid's posts for a closer look and frankly I was bemused.

ChocoCid: please can you explain to me why you found Seol suspicious? If you no longer find him suspicious, at least explain why you previously thought he was suspicious (and why you no longer do).
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:13 am

Post by ChocoCid »

See 106 and 120.
ChocoCid
ChocoCid
Goon
ChocoCid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:18 am

Post by ChocoCid »

Well, Ibaesha doesn't get it either, so let me attempt to explain it again.

Seol "always makes sense", you say. That's fine. I'm saying he's making too much sense. Meaning, if he and I are both in the lategame, I'm going to go back over to where I left that note and check to make sure whether or not he's one of those people whose playstyle as mafia is to say things that get the civilians to agree with him. He's not really suspicious IMO, nor did I ever think he was suspicious enough to warrant a vote from
anybody
. The FOS was primarily a reference to myself to check later. However, that is probably pretty much ineffective now that so much has been made of it. :?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:35 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Stewie wrote:Now that I'm here, I will
vote: commodore amazing
for the following:
Okay. I'll play for real.

Starting...

Now. unvote: viQLes
Unvoting without revoting stalls the game. There are situations in which I would find it acceptable, but that wasn't one of them.
Mr Stoofer, I think your case against Sineish is very weak. I do not think it's enough reason to vote for you, though.
Points out that Mr. Stoofer's reason to vote is weak when Mr. Stoofer himself had already pointed that out. That, plus the fact that he points it out but still doesn't vote for him strikes me as suspicious.

There's also what Seol mentioned. Since I mentioned how "playing for real = stop playing?" (I was in a hurry), CA did hold on to his vote tightly. At first he changed from one random vote to a baseless one, but after unvoting he took his time to vote again eventhough he voiced concern about the posts of two other players.
I'm just here to say I'm happy with my vote on Stewie. He apparently agrees with Seol's reasons against me. Seol didn't even call his vote logic; he called it a gut feeling. Stewie blames me for stalling the game, which I might have done, but that doesn't make me scum.

I think ChocoCid's reason for FoSing Seol back there wasn't very strong, but it doesn't seem voteworthy to me. Stewie seems like a much more worthy bandwagon.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:36 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Still bemused.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:19 am

Post by vIQleS »

ChocoCid wrote::?:

While I appreciate you unvoting me, what the hell do you mean, "in case none of us are Scum"?
There were four votes on you. and it is 7 to lynch - assuming 3 mafia it is technically possible for them to jump on and lynch you without further disscussion... Just playing on the safe side. For now...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:21 am

Post by vikingfan »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Vikingfan
, please could you clarify the rules on deadline lynches.
I think I'm going to change it to requiring the full lynch (7 or nolynch- I think we have enough active people here that getting the full 7 shouldn't be a problem.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:22 am

Post by vIQleS »

Falcone wrote:
ViQLes, do you really think it's likely that:
a) none of ChocoCid and the 4 players voting for him are scum
and
b) the scum would be so stupid to jump on and lynch him?

Also, and maybe that's more serious, you seem to assume that there's exactly three mafia members. Three is a plausible number, but by no means a certainty. So do you know something about the setup that the town doesn't know?

FOS: ViQLes
Not likely, but possible - as i said just playing safe.

They could jump on if they were quick - i just wanted to make sure he has have a chance to talk a bit more...

I am assuming - in a 12 player game 3 mafia is pretty standard, I don't know anything for a fact however...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:57 am

Post by Stewie »

I'm just here to say I'm happy with my vote on Stewie. He apparently agrees with Seol's reasons against me. Seol didn't even call his vote logic; he called it a gut feeling. Stewie blames me for stalling the game, which I might have done, but that doesn't make me scum.
OK, let's start by the point you make about seol calling his own vote a gut feeling and me agreeing with him. Let's go back to what I said, shall we?
There's
also
what Seol mentioned.
(empasis just added)

What seol said was not the only reason for me to vote for you, but at least you tried to twist my words to make it seem like the only reason I was voting for you was thought as a weak one by even the person who came up with it. Secondly, I would say seol incorrectly labeled his vote as a gut feeling. Gut feeling is when you feel someone is scummy but you can't quite put your finger on it. Seol, on the other hand, explained his suspicion, which makes it a backed up argument, as weak as it may be (remember, it's not the only one I have).

As for stalling the game, of course it doesn't make you scum. Nothing does. But it certainly makes you a lot more likely to be scum, which makes this a pretty strong reason to vote for you. Think about it: the scum benefit from a stalled game in two ways. First, the lack of discussion makes the mod put a deadline. Two things can happen from here, either a townmember starts a lurker bandwagon, which would mean that the target is chosen practically at random, which would normally mean that it's more likely that they will pick another townmember, or the mafia can start the lurker bandwagon, which would mean that the target is defenetly a townmember. Secondly, the lack of discussion means lack of information. The more pages a game has, the easier it is for the town to win it.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:42 am

Post by Stewie »

I think ChocoCid's reason for FoSing Seol back there wasn't very strong, but it doesn't seem voteworthy to me. Stewie seems like a much more worthy bandwagon.
Also note how he thinks that I'm much more voteworthy than CC, when he did not give any reason for my vote I hadn't explained already.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:18 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Right now the big arguement seems to be which "gut fealing" wagon everyone is on, either for ChocoCid- 3 (ibaesha, viQLes, mikeburnfire), or Stewie- 3 (d8P, Mr. Stoofer, Commodore Amazing). Im not sure if I'm just not seeing something that some others must be, but neither of these two look the scummiest to me. Infact Mr. Stoofer- 2 (Falcone, ChocoCid) is the one who looks the scummiest to me. Stoofer either A) makes a post of very little content, B) makes a post that appears to be for no other reason other than to move his vote around, again, or C) makes a comment about how someone elses post make little to no sense, when to me at least they did. So, if all that we are going on for voting today is gut fealings, then I have to go with my own, and
Vote: Stoofer
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”