Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:09 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

First off, I only spent time acting friendly during the pre-game: not when things started to get serious.
My point of that "attack" on you was not to attack you it was to prove how silly your claims were. ANDDDDDD, being friendly IS NOT BAD!!
I never contradicted myself. Alliance is defined as Scum/Town/3rd-Party. Role is like Doc/Cop/Godfather/etc. I think you misunderstood me. I was asking G&H about his alliance, since he said he would always be truthful.
ok i did miss understand you here, but you just contradicted your self again. You just explained how ask for his alliance is like asking for a claim,,,,,, but earlier you have repeatedly said you didn't ask for a claim.
If you call defending myself logically and then attacking another person using perfectly valid points scummy, then I have a problem with you.
I used the exact same points on you that you used on me. I used logical points to defend myself and then attack you. So if you are calling me scummy, then you have a problem with yourself.
You didn't explain anything about opportunism. Btw, when I say opportunism I mean that you went after G&H because it was the easy thing to do.

I am going after you and this isn't easy at all. You are the one who has it easy trying to attack me.
All in all, your attack is weak, and seems to be you lashing out at me for attacking you (OMGUS).
And with this message what did you do??????? You lashed out at me for attacking you *gasp* hypocrite!! If you attack me I will attack back, it's how it works man.

I bond, i don't buddy up :D. Buddying up is choosing a single buddy to befriend and share blame with.

Quote tags fixed. Remember,

Code: Select all

[quote]"I love Kitties"[/quote]
will get you
"I love Kitties"
So work on the spelling and remember that the beginning tag does not have a / in it. ~KittyMo
#freeShotty
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:26 am

Post by KittyMo »

[3] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi, Prox, Switz)

[2] Prox - (Haylen, drmyshottyizsik)
[0] Crayboff - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Haylen - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] Little Plastic Ninja - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[4]
Not Voting
- (Crayboff, Good and Honest, Little Plastic Ninja, silverbullet999)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Crayboff and Little Plastic Ninja have not picked up their prods. If they do not respond soon, the replacement search will begin.

FlavorImage Image

Stuffed kitty! :b
Last edited by KittyMo on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:27 am

AH MAH GAWD!!!!!! KITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:29 am

Oh and thanks for editting my quotes i was typing in a hurry and fogot ;p
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:29 am

EBWOP *forgot
#freeShotty
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Switz »

Prox wrote:I call OMGUS.
Aww, I wanted to call OMGUS. :P

But really, though, I agree with Prox on this. Shotty, trying to squeeze Prox's actions over the course of the game into the boxes he set up for you just doesn't work.

1) Buddying: You accuse Prox of buddying for jumping in on your conversation with Haylen about Kongregate. Ignoring for a moment how silly of a notion this is, you were the one who brought up Kongregate in the first place. Using your logic, wouldn't it make more sense for you to be accused of buddying for bringing up Kongregate in the first place, to try to befriend the town? (NOTE: I do not believe this. It is merely an extension of Shotty's logical fallacy.)
2) Contradiction: You accuse Prox of contradiction for his posts asking G&H if he is mafia. But while this posts are contradictory, I don't think Prox is intentionally contradicting himself, the subject is just confusing. The simple explanation, I believe, is that he was simply testing the limits of what G&H will and will not tell us by asking him the direct question "are you scum?" It was only in qualifying that statement that things got confusing, and I think trying to portray this action as scummy is very misleading and anti-town.
3) Opportunism: I'm just going to skip to the rebuttal on this because Prox is not the direct supporter of the Opportunism argument. That's Hinduragi. In fact, it's sort of strange why you're targeting Prox in the first place because he's not the only one attacking you and he's not the one who made some of these arguments.
4) Trying to push away suspicion: Let's line up some quotes, shall we?
Shotty wrote:4.Trying to push away suspicion- I have not tried this at all. I never said anything about anyone being mafia, i simply stated that even if G & H is a towny he will hurt the town.

Now I would like to rehash number four, but turn the tables. Prox, all you have done is tried to drive the band wagon of me being scum, thus pushing any suspicion away from you, which if you are mafia is a very very smart thing to do, but it is also the sign that you may be mafia.

So, finaly my point. By your theory of those four points equaling mafia. You sir = Mafia
Prox is accused of

1. Buddying
2. Contradicting (several times)
3. Opportunism
4. Trying to push away suspicion (repeatedly)
5. And Being a hypocrite
VOTE: Prox
The above would be a prime example of "trying to push away suspicion." Nice try though.

And in addition to this, there's more scumminess jumping out at me.
silverbullet wrote:2. @Shotty
Shotty wrote: yes i would hammer because that means others feel he would hurt the town as do I.
Why would you be willing to end the day so incredibly early? We have quite awhile to gather info on everyone... there are still people who haven't posted yet... and G&H's actions (not intentions) in my mind haven't really given me room for judgement yet.. also there still are two people that haven't even posted yet!
You didn't answer this question, but I'd really like you to. We have time to think about who to lynch, and hammering because other people think someone would hurt the town sounds like something scum would do.
Shotty wrote:
Good and Honest wrote: There is something that seems strange to me. I have already cited you saying: "Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't.". I certainly agree with this. But later, when asked by silverbullet999, you say that if in the next 2 hours you have the opportunity to cast the final vote to lynch me, you'll do it! I'm especially baffled by this because it has already been said here how bad it was for the town in my first game that I was lynched so quickly...
Ok about this, my play style is strange, kind of like yours. I am on the fence about you right now, but I'm not getting a scum read from you, just a bit of anti-town, but this morning i went and reread your play style and looked at one of your past game and realized that you aren't anti-town you just want to be 100% sure that your choice is correct unless you are need for the game to continue.
Yet another example of evading the question. And it's the same question. How coincidental.
Shotty wrote:
Prox wrote:If you call defending myself logically and then attacking another person using perfectly valid points scummy, then I have a problem with you.
I used the exact same points on you that you used on me. I used logical points to defend myself and then attack you. So if you are calling me scummy, then you have a problem with yourself.
This is a logical fallacy, although I can't remember which one. Here's why. Prox makes an argument against you using certain points. You make the same argument against him using the same points. By making your argument work, you say the argument is flawed. But if the argument is flawed, why would you use it to call Prox scummy? It's a flawed argument, and would prove nothing.

In short, it's just a way you can defend yourself by using another player's good arguments against them, which is illogical and flawed in and of itself.
Shotty wrote:
Prox wrote:You didn't explain anything about opportunism. Btw, when I say opportunism I mean that you went after G&H because it was the easy thing to do.

I am going after you and this isn't easy at all. You are the one who has it easy trying to attack me.
This too is a fallacy. You're denying that your attack on G&H was opportunistic by saying that your attack on Prox is not opportunistic. The latter does not disprove the former. You can be doing both at the same time.
Shotty wrote:
Prox wrote:Bonding is not pro-town. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Buddying_Up
I bond, i don't buddy up :D. Buddying up is choosing a single buddy to befriend and share blame with.
What, then, is your definition of bonding? I suspect it will be very similar to buddying up, except without the negative scum connotations.

Oh, and your signature is so passive-aggressive it's physically painful. Just an FYI

---

Aside from my Shotty argument, I have some other points to address. First off, G&H, I feel like you're misunderstanding what we'd like from you in terms of contribution. Asking question after question is helpful, but not contributive. The people who answer are contributing. You're just active lurking.

So, my questions to you: What arguments do you agree with so far? Who do you think is scummy? What do you think of the way people have been voting? What do you think about those lurking? Is Shotty OMGUSing or is Prox the scummy one? Answers to any and all of these would be wonderful, and I encourage you to provide more than what I've asked if you think it would be helpful to the town. Give us some concrete information and scumhunting, not an examination on what we think about theory and how the game is going so far.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that, in addition to those prodded, we haven't heard from Haylen in a while either, so that's something to keep in mind. And on that note,
Mod: You have me voting for both Haylen and Shotty, my vote should be on Shotty only.

Fixed! Thanks. ~KittyMo
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 am

Ok I'd like to clear a few things up. First of all Prox is the one who I think is scum. Second, the only reason i went after G & H is because i believe he may hurt the town, I get no scum read from him at all. Also you all seem to believe that my attack on Prox was one in which i was trying to get everyone to turn on him, but truly I just wanted to show how ludicrous his accusations are. He has no solid case on me and I have no solid case on him.
@ Switz- I understand were you are coming from on all of this. You see two guys fighting over points and you simply read and give your input and i appreciate that.
@ Everyone- At this point in time three people have really been tested, and ridiculed, and questions. I think that we need to get to know Switz, Haylen, Hinduragi, and silver bullet a bit better.

And i apologize for my signature, but i just wanted to make a point, I shall change it.
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

@Shotty - As Switz pointed out.. you have STILL ignored my question, and Good's reiteration of it. Right now I would throw my vote on you til you answered said question. However I still want reads on the other 2 who have contributed nothing yet thus I'm holding off. But just warning you right now, your #1 on my list until you at least answer said question.
... People were right it seems....
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Why would you be willing to end the day so incredibly early? We have quite awhile to gather info on everyone... there are still people who haven't posted yet... and G&H's actions (not intentions) in my mind haven't really given me room for judgement yet.. also there still are two people that haven't even posted yet!
I think this is said question. You're right not everyone has posted yet, and I'm not going to end the day so early. And about G & H's actions/intentions. The reason i semi-want him out is because I want to stop his intentions before they turn to actions.
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 pm

I think this is said question. You're right not everyone has posted yet, and I'm not going to end the day so early.
Buttt.... you said if he were to get to L-1 in the next 2 hours of said post... you would hammer him... thus ending the day.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:17 pm

YESSSS, but it won't happen, and if it did then i would be getting pressure to hammer. I don't like his style, at all and i find it anti-town the first half of the game, Also if we lynched him we could stopped talking about lynching him and get on with the game.
#freeShotty
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Haylen »

Switz wrote:Secondly, I'd like to point out that, in addition to those prodded, we haven't heard from Haylen in a while either
Sorry, I might have forgotten to post it. It's really rare that I post a non-modding post at the weekends. I get up at 5am Saturday and Sunday, then run a shop on my own for 8.5hrs, not knowing whether I'm going to have a break (which is stressful in itself cause I get hypoglycaemic and pass out if I don't eat at certain times, which my bosses know about but don't give a shit about), then I dunno whether someone's going to come in at the end of my shift and take over, and if I leave the shop I'll get the sack. Then, I also have to stand under bright lights all day which usually give me a migraine. This weekend, I came home from work, made a few posts, then crashed out until 5am the next day.

Anyway, I'm re-reading.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Good and Honest »

silverbullet999, thank you for your explanation. So you confirm that you had no problem with drmyshottyizsik's vote staying on me. When you said that to drmyshottyizsik, you added: "Worse case scenario is Good & Honest gets quickhammered which then lets us investigate the wagon and more than likely the hammerer". It sounded to me like you didn't think that that worst case scenario was really bad, i.e., even if I was quickly lynched, there would be something to investigate.

However, then you asked drmyshottyizsik "If he were to get to L-1 in the next 2 hours, you would hammer?" and when drmyshottyizsik answered "Yes i would hammer because that means others feel he would hurt the town as do I", your reaction was "Why would you be willing to end the day so incredibly early? We have quite awhile to gather info on everyone... there are still people who haven't posted yet... and G&H's actions (not intentions) in my mind haven't really given me room for judgement yet.. also there still are two people that haven't even posted yet!". This sounds to me like you were definitely against that "worst case scenario", which previously didn't seem to be that big of a problem for you.

Why am I going to vote only when the town can't win without my vote? I have answered this in my first game, which I linked to - the reason is my character. There are some things which I'll feel awful if I do and voting is one of them.

To tell you the truth, I'm not really comfortable with talking about suspects in general. As I read the game, I'm noticing certain things which I find noteworthy and I either comment on them or ask questions about them. If you want me to comment on a particular action by a particular player, just ask (like Switz has done)!

drmyshottyizsik, during the beginning of the game you were repeating all the time that you were against my playstyle. Then you stated: "I am on the fence about you right now, but I'm not getting a scum read from you, just a bit of anti-town, but this morning i went and reread your play style and looked at one of your past game and realized that you aren't anti-town you just want to be 100% sure that your choice is correct unless you are need for the game to continue". And most recently you say again: "I don't like his style, at all and i find it anti-town the first half of the game". Why do you change your mind so radically?

By the way, you are right - this seems to be a psychological trait of mine, I often want to be 100% sure before I make a decision. In a game of Mafia it's not possible to be 100% sure who is a mafioso (excluding using a role's special abilities)... But when the town can't win without my vote, I'll have to vote even without being 100% sure - there's no other choice...

There's something you say that baffles me - "Also if we lynched him we could stopped talking about lynching him and get on with the game". So a person should be lynched because then people wouldn't need to talk about lynching that person anymore???

Regarding "Thanks Haylen" - Haylen was describing a hypothetical situation where I have a "power role" and I am killed during the night... I'm still confused what exactly you had to agree with/thank Haylen for.

When I said "For me the most important thing here was what drmyshottyizsik DIDN'T do - didn't attack Hinduragi, who was the one to present a detailed case against drmyshottyizsik", I actually liked the fact that you hadn't attacked Hinduragi - this meant that you weren't attacking everyone who was presenting a case against you, especially since it didn't seem like there was much Hinduragi could be accused for. Your reaction to my statement was... to present a case against Hinduragi, which really surprised me. At least you did admit "And I can't say as much against him"... However, it looks like you made that case just because that's what you thought I was asking you to do. I'd like to hear the other players' thoughts on this situation.

Later you said to Prox: "If you attack me I will attack back, it's how it works man". I can't agree with that. Not everyone who accuses you of something in a game is going to be a mafioso. On the other hand, when later Switz also made statements against you, you accepted them, which I thought was good. I have the feeling you yourself are not sure when to "attack back" and when not...

Switz, I'm surprised about your statements about my contribution. First of all, you say: "I feel like you're misunderstanding what we'd like from you in terms of contribution". Why do you say "WE" - I don't think anyone else has stated that they want me to contribute in a particular manner? Also, you say that it's the people who answer that are contributing. First, for them to answer, someone has to ask them something - which I have done. Second, I have also answered questions. I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you want my contribution to be like and how it's different from what I'm doing.

In any case, thank you very much for the questions! For the most part, I agree with Prox's and your arguments (as well as Hinduragi's, although Hinduragi hasn't posted much yet) - all of you sound very logical. I especially like your most recent response to drmyshottyizsik (although I'm not sure it's always bad to defend oneself by using another player's arguments against them).

About the votes - everything seems normal to me so far. I received a couple of votes, which I'm always expecting in any game as I know my playstyle is likely to attract votes; drmyshottyizsik has also received some votes, which, considering drmyshottyizsik's remarkable behaviour isn't really strange, either; drmyshottyizsik is voting for a player attacking drmyshottyizsik - again predictable. The only more notable vote is Haylen's for Prox. We have to wait for Haylen to tell us more (get well soon, Haylen!) but it definitely looks like there was a misunderstanding between the two. I think I can understand how from Haylen's interpretation it might have looked like Prox did something bad (even though I myself had no problems with Prox's question, which I explained).

I have no opinion on "lurkers". I just hope such players start to participate more in the game because, after all, the game is more enjoyable when you interact with the other players, isn't it?

drmyshottyizsik versus Prox - to me Prox certainly sounded more convincing. Although, just like you noted, some of the initial arguments were made by Hinduragi, not Prox. I want to say again that I don't think there are any problems with drmyshottyizsik's wanting to be friendly.

And yes, I do have more to provide than what you've asked for. I have made an interesting observation. You and Prox have made quite a few posts (which, as I have said, sound logical and convincing). Each time you have mentioned Prox, you have done one of two things - either agreed with Prox about something or defended Prox from something said by Haylen or drmyshottyizsik. On the other hand, so far Prox has mentioned you a total of ZERO times! Not a word about you... I haven't reached any conclusion about this fact but I wanted to share it with my fellow townspeople.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:47 am

Ok G & H, what i meant by on the fence was i was trying to get a scum read on, which i did not... at all. But yes i do dislike your playstyle but I am done going after you, i also realized that i need to focus on finding mafia not getting rid of someone i dislike. I am definitly getting a scum team from prox and switz. You see the only reason switz defends prox is because prox is throwing himself out there and realying on switz to back him up. If switz started getting attack I would almost be certian that prox would defend him. But prox is smart he isn't drawing atention to him and switz being together, because switz is doing that enough. Well those are my views
SCUM TEAM: Prox and Switz.
#freeShotty
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Switz »

@Haylen: Sorry to be a nag; I thought you hadn't posted for a while but looking back your last one is from Friday so being gone for the weekend is totally understandable. Just let us know what you think post-re-read.

@Shotty: First of all, I'd like to know how you went from this--
Shotty wrote:@ Switz- I understand were you are coming from on all of this. You see two guys fighting over points and you simply read and give your input and i appreciate that.
To this--
Shotty wrote:I am definitly getting a scum team from prox and switz. You see the only reason switz defends prox is because prox is throwing himself out there and realying on switz to back him up. If switz started getting attack I would almost be certian that prox would defend him. But prox is smart he isn't drawing atention to him and switz being together, because switz is doing that enough. Well those are my views
SCUM TEAM: Prox and Switz.
I mean, aside from G&H planting the idea for you in this post--
G&H wrote:And yes, I do have more to provide than what you've asked for. I have made an interesting observation. You and Prox have made quite a few posts (which, as I have said, sound logical and convincing). Each time you have mentioned Prox, you have done one of two things - either agreed with Prox about something or defended Prox from something said by Haylen or drmyshottyizsik. On the other hand, so far Prox has mentioned you a total of ZERO times! Not a word about you... I haven't reached any conclusion about this fact but I wanted to share it with my fellow townspeople.
I guess that's a "be careful what you wish for" moment. But here's the truth: I'm "defending" Prox because Prox is scumhunting, I agree with the evidence he's turned up, and no one's provided a convincing case against him. To a lesser extent, I suppose I'd support Hinduragi as well, although he hasn't had a strong case against him and hasn't done as much scumhunting.

@G&H: Thanks for your response. I think I may have been unclear before; yes, asking and answering questions is contributing, you're absolutely right. I think what I'm looking for is independent analysis of the game, things like "this is what I think" or "I suspect this," etc. You've got a good example of this in your last paragraph--although I, of course, disagree with the analysis. It's independent contribution that forces others to react and consider your thoughts, and it's more helpful to us (meaning the town collective, as I meant it earlier) than mere questions and answers at times. Both types of contribution, however, are necessary and appreciated.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by KittyMo »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[3] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi, Prox, Switz)

[2] Prox - (Haylen, drmyshottyizsik)
[0] Crayboff - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Haylen - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] Little Plastic Ninja - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[4]
Not Voting
- (Crayboff, Good and Honest, Little Plastic Ninja, silverbullet999)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Wow. I need a replacement for Crayboff AND Little Plastic Ninja. The search begins!
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Shotty wrote:but all he has been doing is laying the heat on me thicker.
I assure you, I am not the one laying any heat on you. You are responsible for your own actions. The heat was already there. I just pointed it out to present my reasons for keeping my vote on you. Apparently I also unearthed a few details the others did not notice earlier. Now I also noticed that in the same post this quote was excerpted from you accused me of being mafia and partnering with Prox. Just now, I see that you accused Prox of partnering with Switz. Would you explain this please? You did not list many reasons for accusing them and I am disconcerted over what you may be thinking. However, in your previous post, you also confronted a point I was concerned about earlier: I am glad you realized that the important thing to do now is find the mafia instead of getting rid of someone you dislike. I still do not have the trust though to believe that you are wholeheartedly intending to go after the mafia. This is due to mainly the following quote from you:
Shotty wrote:Also if we lynched him we could stopped talking about lynching him and get on with the game.
On a similar note, I also have a little egging in the back of my mind to confront you about this.
Shotty wrote:Prox is accused of

1. Buddying
2. Contradicting (several times)
3. Opportunism
4. Trying to push away suspicion (repeatedly)
5. And Being a hypocrite
VOTE: Prox
You didn't have any analysis or proof whatsoever in your accusations. In post 138, you gave 3 sentences to backup your accusations, most of which were not, from what I read, justified. From what I've seen, you've defended yourself but on the contrary, any proof you've given towards justifying your beliefs on others has been minute and not very convincing from my standpoint.
Good & Honest wrote:However, it looks like you made that case just because that's what you thought I was asking you to do. I'd like to hear the other players' thoughts on this situation.
I too saw the case. Then I realized it wasn't a case. Shotty intended to make a case against me and instead ended up just defending himself. I am sure you were just confused by the words he initially had at the beginning of that response.
Shotty wrote:@ Everyone- At this point in time three people have really been tested, and ridiculed, and questions. I think that we need to get to know Switz, Haylen, Hinduragi, and silver bullet a bit better.
Again, this sounds like you're putting heat off yourself. I'm just going to come out and say what Shotty is trying to do. No, this is not intended to be anything against him. In fact, I'd like to give him some posts to defend himself because so far any post that, in my opinion, has content, has been about Shotty. In fact, it feels like everyone is ganging up on him ever since I posted my case. I noticed that Switz had a giant of a post. Then, after discussing, as G&H said, "drmyshottyizsik versus Prox", he had a paragraph and a half or so of other things to discuss. This leads me to believe we should have a more active discussion about other fellow players before someone even considers moving Shotty to L-1. Shotty, I think you're in the right here that we should all get to know each other a little better. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute to the actions of achieving this. Suggestions would be welcomed.
Good & Honest wrote:To tell you the truth, I'm not really comfortable with talking about suspects in general.
May I ask why? One of the things I was counting on in my defense of your playstyle not being "anti-town" was your ability to share information on what you thought without being specifically asked questions on specific actions.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Oh boy! archaebob replaces Crayboff and foilist13 replaces Little Plastic Ninja!

"plz don't swear" -- N
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

EBWODP since I did not see Switz's post until after posting the above content.
Switz wrote:I'm "defending" Prox because Prox is scumhunting
Ok.. this is what I meant. Everyone has been attacking Shotty. We have not even had a proper discussion as to who else might be mafia. I don't mean to put any blame towards you. I'm just using you as an example of where I'm coming from in the following sentence. The following is made up for anyone who tl;dr's what I just said.
Prox(Townie): "Im voting Shotty."
Switz(Mafia): "So am I. Enjoy the lynch, Shotty."
And just like that it's 1 less townie without us even discussing it.

Also, thank you KittyMo for the replacements. I hope everyone is active from here-on. ^^
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Hey everyone. I'm going to start my epic read of the thread now so that when I get done I can start my epic
re
read of the thread. Then I'll single handedly lynch all the scum and win the game for us on D1. K? K.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Hinduragi wrote:Also, thank you KittyMo for the replacements. I hope everyone is active from here-on.
Oh you have no idea.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by archaebob »

day-bludgeon: good & honest

No that isn't actually anything. It just expresses my current mood.

@ Goodface - Listen, whoever the fuck you are, I love that you're trying out this pretty little pet experiment of yours on this totally obvious multiple account, but it's annoying as hell. Just saying.

I'll be back later.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:26 pm

This sounds to me like you were definitely against that "worst case scenario", which previously didn't seem to be that big of a problem for you.
Being someone who had a vote on you, and being someone who is waiting for you to hit L-1 to hammer you are two different things in my mind.

HELLO FOIL!!! :D did you miss me?

-Hindu
I disagree that us ganging up on shotty is bad, as we've gotten quite a bit of input from him. Do I think he needs to be lynched asap? no... but typically the wagons will shift from one player to another to another until it's somewhat agreed upon that that person should be lynched.

also... hi arch!.... O_O
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Good&Honest wrote:Why am I going to vote only when the town can't win without my vote? I have answered this in my first game, which I linked to - the reason is my character. There are some things which I'll feel awful if I do and voting is one of them.

To tell you the truth, I'm not really comfortable with talking about suspects in general. As I read the game, I'm noticing certain things which I find noteworthy and I either comment on them or ask questions about them. If you want me to comment on a particular action by a particular player, just ask (like Switz has done)!
You do understand that this is unbelievably scummy? Right?

You deserve to die just for that. If you don't want to play the game replace out.

Hey Silver! How ya been?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 pm

@ foilist- are you willing to vote for G & H?
#freeShotty

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”