Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Zajnet »

Finally finished my read, sorry it took so long, I've had random stuff going on all week.

I'm not really seeing any obviously scummy players, millar could be scum, or he could just be himself. I'll answer Haylen's questions because I agree that we need more discussion.

1. If you had to lynch somebody right now, who would it be?
---One of the lurkers
2. Why would you lynch them?
---Stagnating the game, we need to deal with them.
3. What are your opinions on the lurkers?
---Stagnating the game, we need to deal with them.
4. Does anybody have any FORSEEABLE need to go V/LA between now and the time deadline hits?
---Nope.
5. If you have played mafia being, is lurking usually part of your playstyle?
---Nope.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by CSL »

The Nothing has changed Vote Count

Vamparific (2) ChibiSanNub, Beefster

ChibiSanNub (1) Haylen
Nexus (1) Earlder1
a2rudeboy (1) Vamparific
Earlder1 (1) Nexus

Not Voting: BagSquad, jmurph3, a2rudeboy

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Wednesday, July 28th, at 7:00pm EST

There are NINE alive, so FIVE votes on a player will lynch

V/LA's and Prods

BagSquad has been prodded.

Vamparific and a2rudeboy have 14 hours before replacement.

Etc.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Nexus »

Man. We have two weeks before the deadline. These lurkers/non posters are really screwing things up.
Trans rights are human rights.
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Earlder1 »

If multiple people are replaced out, it's possible we will have an extension so that we can get everyone involved.
Mortality is the number 1 cause of death.

Town: 2-2
Scum: 1-0
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:22 am

Post by CSL »

Time's up for those two. Going to go look for replacements. Deadline is pushed back a day as compensation.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Sorry guys...massive power outage here. Everything just getting back up. will read and post soon, unless CSL has already replaced.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by CSL »

a2rudeboy has been replaced by a2rudeboy.

Meanwhile, Vamparific is being replaced by Mr. Flay.

These are in effect immediately.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

After reading and catching up...I still dont think we have enough to go on anyone, hopefully the new replacements will change up the pace a little bit.
Something needs to happen in the game to stir things up. I don't think the lurkers necessarily deserve to be lynched out of the game (feel the risks outweigh the benefits), and maybe they will all be replaced within a few days and the game will pick up with more enthused players.

All this being said, I'm going to
FoS: Nexus
. This is largely a gut thing, but something hasn't settled right with me with the playing style so far. I don't deny a new player the frequent asking of questions, but you've been seeming to play this angle up seemingly too much for me. Also, there was getting the drawn into the millar fight, and you are definitely one of the more frequent posters, and most of the time it is agreeing with other players or other kind of fluff. Lurking can be an obvious newbie scum tactic, but so too can be overposting.

Also, going way back... UK students get different ranked degrees, ie a 1-1 is better than a 2-1 is better than a 2-2. Just thought I'd clear that up as well.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Nexus »

Dum dum durrrrrrrrr.

Well, I'm not scum, but I have no way of proving this to you.

I'm only overposting in the hope it'll actually make something happen, because otherwise those who are scum are going to end up with an easy task, with the rest of us running around like headless chickens whilst they pick us off one by one.

I'm not sure what more I can do to prove different, though.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Nexus »

Oh, plus there's the fact I'm recovering from an operation, and house bound, so have like. Nothing better to do besides post.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Haylen »

I am halfway through a massive post that I will, hopefully, finish tonight. And hey! I learnt how to use the draft feature so I don't lose it from my laptop shutting down! Yaaaay!
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Posting to say I'm here and getting this thread on my list. Will read up and post something more contentful by midnight.
Retired as of October 2014.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Haylen »

Soooo...*Hayl tries to jump start discussion.*

*tries to work out how to react to playing in a newbie game with Flay...*
hmm...
newbie?

*shrugs and tackles Mr Flaybie*

^_^ Hi!!!

Anywhooooooooooooo

Bagsquad

In my honest opinion, it looks as though Bagsquad did not want to post content in the game. If you look at his Isolation post #2, you will notice that he reminds somebody that the random voting stage is over now. However, despite doing this, he does not post content himself which is plain old hypocrisy. This is scummy because basically, mafia will do anything possible to fullfill their win condition. They're desperate. They want to throw suspicion around on people and get away with it.

On monday, he said that he was re-reading the thread and promised to post content. It is now six days later and we haven't heard even a whisper or an half attempt at scumhunting from him. Currently, I am trying to work out if this is really scummy or whether he has just go busy with real life and may flake due to it. I'm guessing that time can only answer this question. When he returns, I would like him to answer the following questions from me:

1. Why are you lurking?
2. Do you consider lurking to be scummy?
3. Do you honestly believe you are capable of giving this game the committment it deserves or do you think it would be best if you replaced out? I know of a lot of newbies who have just lurked and lurked through games because real life has taken over, then they eventually flake out and we don't see them again. I generally see a higher percentage of newbie returns in newbies who have requested replacement.
Know your limits.

4. Who would you like to lynch right now and why?
5. What do aim to achieve from discussion on Day One?

Nexus

I find her first two posts to be acceptable. Getting thrown into your first game and people start throwing votes at each other using (quite often) ridiculous reasons to vote will be a very confusing thing. In newbie 771 (my first newbie) Talitha (the IC) random voted me in her first post and I went crying to Battle Mage and he was like "Dude, chill, it's the RVS. That's bound to happen". So meeeh, nothing to worry about here ^_^

I am, however quite intrigued by her next post, not because she says it's her first game and she playing on another forum or anything like that. But because of this:
Nexus wrote:I've been a bit wary about keeping silent, but I don't particularly want to fuck up.
Why would a townie be worried about keeping silent about anything. If your a townie, you shouldn't really care what you say in thread, or worry that you're going to make a slip, because you're a townie and shiz. Townie's are the epitomies of awesomeness, they should be able to do whatever the hell they want without the worry of anything bad coming from it...except for maybe lynching a townie in lylo or outting a powerrole. In what way could she possibly mess up this early in the game.

I disagree with her #4 iso post. I don't think that Millar was trying to confuse her at all. I think he was delibrately being a childish brat because he didn't want CSL to be his mod and wanted him to be replaced over it. Why he couldn't do it himself earlier is beyond me. Maybe it is his meta, in which case he needs to grow up and learn to play like an adult. Don't take it personally, Nexus, from what I've seen from you so far, I feel you've got the potential to be an awesome mafia player in the future.

I would like to know why she thinks Millar is scum though, based on the fact his was offensive towards...everybody. Why does that make Millar scummy?

I can understand why she thought Earlder may be scum though. She has a point in the fact that he seems to be fixated on getting answers for one question. However, I could say that it is hypocritical that she is fixated on Earlder for being fixated on everybodies experience in game. I could also call that Tunnelling, which in my experience is a scummy thing to do because it means she is focusing on one player rather than the town as a whole (which makes it anti-town), it's scummy because as mafia, they have to help get mislynches on members of the town without looking suspicious themselves. This means that they will try everything in their power to make other players look scummy, including tunnelling them. These are some questions for Nexus:

1. Can you explain why you are worried about keeping silent?
2. Why are you fixated on Earlder?
3. If (hypothetically) we lynched Earlder today, and he flipped scum. Who do you think his scum buddy would be?
4. If you couldn't lynch Earlder today, who would you lynch?

ChibiSanNub

ChibiSanNub wrote:
Vote: Vamparific

Vampires suck.
Nice post, Lol. And then he flaked.

Zajnet

I am not sure how, out of the whole of 6 pages, why he doesn't have anything to comment on. Sorry if you don't know already, Zajnet, but the whole idea of finding out why people are thinking the way they are during the game and why they believe people are scum can only succeed if players start stating their opinions on other members of this game and town.

From you, I just want a list of everybodies names and what you think about them, whether you think they are town or scum.
Infact, I request this of everybody in the game. I'm exempt cause that's what I'm doing right now :P

A2Rudeboy

In all of his posts, I don't see very much actual content. So fair, the only people he has mentioned in his posts are Miller, Jmurph and Nexus. All of whom he has expressed opinions of but hasn't explained why. A lot of his posts are IIOA (Information Instead of Analysis) which means that he has basically narrated the game without giving true opinions on what has occured. This is scummy because it allows mafia to appear as though they are contributing to the game, and basically coast (get away with it scot free) until post game - possibly enabling them to win.

What I would like Rudeboy to do the following:
* Explain why he finds Jmurph suspicion and whether or not this warrants an FoS (finger of suspicion).
* I would also like him to do the same with Millar.
* Then I want him to decide whether he still feels the same way about this playerslot now that I have taken over it.
* In his #7 Iso post, he mentions that he has unanswered questions about Millar. I would like him to put those questions to me and I will do my best to answer them as adequately as I possibly can - bare in mind that I am not Millar, despite being a budding Psychologist, I am also not a mind reader. Psychs tend not to be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to point out to him that you are not meant to register an alt and play in a newbie game as a newbie. What's meant to happen is that you play enough games to qualify to be an SE (semi-experienced player) or you replace in. uhhh enough said on the rules of the newbie queue >.<

Beefster

I am wondering why he did not start asking people questions when he posted that he thought the RVS was over - saying "I think that was the first real vote". However, I can understand why he wanted to wait and find out what more went on in the game before he commented and made a decision on anything. Not being hasty is something that I consider pro-town because it allows you to see the bigger picture and make a more informed decision when posting. That is what i consider to be happening in this case because he said next in his post that he does not vote blindly after the random voting stage.
Beefster wrote:I've played with VIs in about half of the Newbie games I've been in.
See, these VI's are what I would call "Newbies". I've played and modded quite a few newbies who do extremely weird things. If you want to be a good IC, you have to learn to tell the difference between newbies who are doing silly things because they don't know any better and scum who are doing scummy things because they are genuinely scummy. Then you get newbie scum which I'm not even going to go into.

I consider the fact that he wants to get on with discussion pro-town because that's the only way the town are going to win this. By discussing. And don't you forget it! >=(

Generally, I find his play to be quite pro-town at this stage. Some questions for you!

1. Where the heck are you?!?! Come baaaaack!
2. Why did you not help start discussion when you noticed that the random voting stage has ended?
3. Do you think I should be worried about people opinions of me due to the mess Millar left me to clear up? (ie. should I be worried about Millar appearing scummy?)
4. Will you do a thorough re-read when you return?
5. Does your last vote still stand?

Earlder1

Ok, now I am really not understanding the whole problem with Earlder asking what people's experience is. As far as I can see, he has only asked twice - once in the beginning and then again when I replaced in. I don't really call that being fixated on one question in mafia. As far as I can tell, he is just gouging peoples abilities in the game. (Although, he's doing it the wrong way, what he should be asking is "How many games have you won?"). I like that he is promoting dicussion by answering my questions. (I will get to answering Jmurph soon btw, Earlder).

I do, however, think that he could have done more as an SE to promote discussion and actually try to instigate it. I'm feeling that I don't have enough to go on right now, though, to determine as to whether I actually think he is scum or whether Nexus is just trying to push heavily for his lynch. I would like to see more discussion from him in the future. Can you answer me some questions, please ^_^

1. Why did you ask about everybodies experiences? Was it out of plain old curiosity?
2. What do you think about gut players? Do you think they are less reliable/good/well thought out as players who use more logic? Would you be likely to listen to a person who says they are a gut player?

I'm going to leave the questions here now and ask everyone else some tomorrow, I have a really bad migraine and want to get this done as soon as possible.

Jmurph

The majority of his posts have basically been answering questions related to mafia ect. I am not sure what to make of his 'do or donts' of mafia post. To be it seems like a chance to coach his scumbuddy into being a nice, good, little scum so they aren't lynched. I would like to see a lot more analysis rather than information from him aswell. He says the he is a logical player, but at the moment I am not seeing any logical scumhunting at all. I also don't like the fact that he didn't like my way of trying to create discussiong, however, he did not really try to create any discussion himself.

I am unsure as to why he wants me lynched because he hasn't exactly posted why. This, I would view, as fence sitting. Not committing yourself to a lynch is scummy because it enables you to slip under the radar and blame others for the lynching of a townie or, if you lynch scum, it will make other players think that you are pro-town. I also am unsure as to where I actually voted him.
Jmurph wrote:This is NOT an OMGUS; instead, it's a retaliatory question of why, at this stage in the game, you would pick one of the few people who has been active recently as a person to lynch.
Kindly point at the post in which I said "sdjksdkfkjs imma go ahead and vote Jmurph". Since there was no vote on you from me, this retaliatory question is void. What I actually said was "I would lynch Jmurph, because he is lurking [insert some other stuff I said here too]", I'm pretty sure I never voted for you. I would lynch you because I feel that the majority of your posts have lacked any real content to the game.

Jmurph: I am do not a lurker!
Haylen: uh huh. Last post: Wednesdays 14th July.

Currently, I am finding Jmurph more neutral than scummy, but more scummy than pro-town.

Vampirific

Didn't really post much. Seemed to be really disturbed by the attitude of Miller.

Mr Flay

Reading.

Need more info. Neutral.

At present, I find that Nexus is currently the most scummy player in the room. Why?

* Strawmanning - really exaggerated the whole "Earlder wont stop asking the same question" thing. He only asked it twice. Strawmanning is scummy cause it tends to lead to an easy lynch.
* Worried about what will be thought of her if she doesn't speak. I would consider this a type of slip. I have already explained why this ruffles my feathers.
* Tunnelling - refuses to stop concentrating on the Earlder thing. It makes the Strawmanning twice as probably. I have already explained why it is scummy aswell.

Unvote
Vote Nexus.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Nexus »

1. Can you explain why you are worried about keeping silent?
2. Why are you fixated on Earlder?
3. If (hypothetically) we lynched Earlder today, and he flipped scum. Who do you think his scum buddy would be?
4. If you couldn't lynch Earlder today, who would you lynch?

First of all, I'm not a chick. I'm a dude.

1. Keeping silent is the equivalent of lurking. Although, since you've decided I'm scum anyway, that doesn't make any difference now. Although, if I were scum, I'd not answer you at all.
2. Nothing else to go on. That's the simple truth of it. Noone else was doing anything besides lurking, so I went with what I could find.
3. No idea. Probably one of the lurkers.
4. One of the lurkers.
5. Some form of idea bout everyone else.

Your reasons for voting for me are pretty similar for me having an opinion on Earlder-you're saying I'm focussed on one thing, now you're focussed on the same thing and using it as a reason to vote for me. Sooo...yeah. That doesn't really make sense.

I exaggerated it because I wanted to highlight it as I thought it was relevant. Not because I am scum and want an easy lynch, but because I'm town and want to highlight what I see as suspicious activity. No other reason. Likewise tunnelling it-there is nothing else to go on. We had millar being a douche, you being helpful, and earlder asking the question. Out of the three, that seemed the scummiest. I didn't want to point the finger at one specific lurker because there were so many of them.

I was worried about not speaking because of the lurking thing. Seems to me that I'm doomed if I do, and doomed if I don't. If I don't speak-lurking-scummy, if I do speak, then it seems as suspicious.

I have nothing else I can say besides the fact that I'm 100% town, and so your suspicions, whilst I can see where you're coming from, are entirely unjustified.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:15 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Haylen wrote:
Jmurph

The majority of his posts have basically been answering questions related to mafia ect. I am not sure what to make of his 'do or donts' of mafia post. To be it seems like a chance to coach his scumbuddy into being a nice, good, little scum so they aren't lynched. I would like to see a lot more analysis rather than information from him aswell. He says the he is a logical player, but at the moment I am not seeing any logical scumhunting at all. I also don't like the fact that he didn't like my way of trying to create discussiong, however, he did not really try to create any discussion himself.
Firstly, I'm a girl.

Secondly, My do's and don't's post is because this is my first game as SE. I was under the impression that SE, along with IC, is a teaching role. After replacing, you said that it isn't, so sorry if I overstepped my boundaries. In my first game, the SE was actually more helpful than the IC at teaching.

Thirdly, what I said regarding your way of trying to create discussion is that I didn't like where it was going because stating things like "who are you most willing to lynch" without having any information may not stir up a lot of discussion. I'll agree that I did not create any discussion myself, but this was, in a large part, because I was waiting for everyone to respond to you.
Haylen" wrote:I am unsure as to why he wants me lynched because he hasn't exactly posted why. This, I would view, as fence sitting. Not committing yourself to a lynch is scummy because it enables you to slip under the radar and blame others for the lynching of a townie or, if you lynch scum, it will make other players think that you are pro-town. I also am unsure as to where I actually voted him.
Jmurph wrote:This is NOT an OMGUS; instead, it's a retaliatory question of why, at this stage in the game, you would pick one of the few people who has been active recently as a person to lynch.
Kindly point at the post in which I said "sdjksdkfkjs imma go ahead and vote Jmurph". Since there was no vote on you from me, this retaliatory question is void. What I actually said was "I would lynch Jmurph, because he is lurking [insert some other stuff I said here too]", I'm pretty sure I never voted for you. I would lynch you because I feel that the majority of your posts have lacked any real content to the game.
I don't understand why you are under the impression that I never stated why I would lynch you. It says so in this post, which you conveniently quoted from, but you don't know why I would lynch you? That doesn't make sense to me.

I also never said that you voted me; I was responding to where you said that you would lynch me.
Haylen wrote:Jmurph: I am do not a lurker!
Haylen: uh huh. Last post: Wednesdays 14th July.

Last post from Haylen (before today): Wednesday 14th July. Does that make you a lurker as well? If so, should we lynch you?
Haylen wrote:At present, I find that Nexus is currently the most scummy player in the room. Why?

* Strawmanning - really exaggerated the whole "Earlder wont stop asking the same question" thing. He only asked it twice. Strawmanning is scummy cause it tends to lead to an easy lynch.
* Worried about what will be thought of her if she doesn't speak. I would consider this a type of slip. I have already explained why this ruffles my feathers.
* Tunnelling - refuses to stop concentrating on the Earlder thing. It makes the Strawmanning twice as probably. I have already explained why it is scummy aswell.

Unvote
Vote Nexus.
I agree with this analysis. I think that Nexus' overposting is as much of a newbscum tell as it is newbtown. At the moment, this leads me to a null town on him, but I am definitely looking out for how he will continue to play. Especially since his latest defense boils down to "Well, I'm town, so your case sucks." That's not a very good defense. And Nexus, you really have to learn to just strike a balance between lurking and posting too often. It may take a bit to get used to; sometimes we're all guilty of either over- or under-posting. I can tell you as a general rule that if you're posting complete fluff for the sake of posting something, it's probably not a good idea to post it.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Nexus »

Well, yeah, i know that fluff now is a bad idea. I didn't know that at the time. Since I've been told that, I've tried to cut down.

And, of course my defense boils down to "Well, I'm town, so your case sucks," because it's entirely true. I don't quite see how else I can defend myself. There is no way of proving I'm town until you wrongly lynch me, and CLS says "Nexus: Townie" or whatever, as (s)he summarises the night events. So I'm not quite sure what else to do.

It's my first game, I've made some mistakes, but you guys will make an even bigger mistake lynching me. ESPECIALLY when we don't know anything about other members; namely those who haven't posted.

In other news, I'm slightly suspicious of how Haylen's analysed everyone elses posts, because, to me, that means that Haylen is trying to show that they are being proactive, which yes, could mean that they are town, but on the other hand could be scum, especially when I know that I'm a townie and to vote for me and lynch me is a dumb idea. So I'm going to keep an eye on how Haylen continues.

And, if we're all wrong, and the lurkers are scum, they're going to be rubbing their hands with glee.

Still, it's my first game, and I'll learn from whatever happens here.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:51 am

Post by CSL »

For furure reference, I am a "he"

BagSquad has failed to answer his prod. Replacement forthcoming.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Beefster »

Haylen wrote:From you, I just want a list of everybodies names and what you think about them, whether you think they are town or scum.
Infact, I request this of everybody in the game. I'm exempt cause that's what I'm doing right now :P
I'd rather not put everyone on my list, as it gives the scum a nice little list of townies to lynch. I will, however, put my top suspects on my list.
Haylen wrote:1. Where the heck are you?!?! Come baaaaack!
2. Why did you not help start discussion when you noticed that the random voting stage has ended?
3. Do you think I should be worried about people opinions of me due to the mess Millar left me to clear up? (ie. should I be worried about Millar appearing scummy?)
4. Will you do a thorough re-read when you return?
5. Does your last vote still stand?
1. Right here, answering your questions. HI!
2. There was nothing to talk about. None of the bizarre reasons struck me as exceptionally odd. And nobody was really lurking. I would have put down some random questions, except it didn't feel appropriate.
3. Probably not. Millar is probably always anti-town.
4. Yes. Next post. There should be enough content to do some good ISOs.
5. I have a last vote?
confirm unvote
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Beefster »

^EBWOP: another reason for not asking questions was that I was busy with family.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:31 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Haylen wrote: What I would like Rudeboy to do the following:
* Explain why he finds Jmurph suspicion and whether or not this warrants an FoS (finger of suspicion).
* I would also like him to do the same with Millar.
* Then I want him to decide whether he still feels the same way about this playerslot now that I have taken over it.
* In his #7 Iso post, he mentions that he has unanswered questions about Millar. I would like him to put those questions to me and I will do my best to answer them as adequately as I possibly can - bare in mind that I am not Millar, despite being a budding Psychologist, I am also not a mind reader. Psychs tend not to be.

I'll start by saying my suspicion of jmuprh was a gut reaction, based with a little bit of what seemed at the time like bandwagon hopping. At the time, she had said that if she hadn't already voted for millar during the RVS she would have switched her vote at that point. I felt like it could be a possible chance for the scum to take the opportunity of someone who was finding disfavor in the town (millar) and try and get a quick lynch off. Of course, I voted for millar soon after, but this was due to his not answering my previous suspicions and the way he was behaving very obviously anti-town. Millar, felt anti-town by the way he was attacking everyone seemingly, including the mod. Provoking and encouraging arguments about whether or not we are in the RVS still seems even more scum like to me. I do still have reservations after you took over Haylen. You say you are playing by gut, and your critiques could act as either a way to promote discussion, or as a way to sort of establish yourself as the game's authority (which is easy to do as an IC, and i know you said you would separate your role from your advice, but it's easy for any newbie to mix this up when reading through your posts.)
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Oh..to add. This is not an alt account...i only finished one game under my other, that was years ago, and I no longer remember the email or password I used to sign up.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Beefster »

I'm going to use the area tags Haylen used. Those were pretty sexy.

First suspect: Nexus
He's been giving me bad vibes lately. He's definitely hiding something. He's pretty active lurky. Most of my suspicions have already been brought to the table by Haylen. Some additional points:
ISO26 appears to divert suspicion by indirectly attacking all the lurkers.
ISO27 strikes me as odd. He doesn't even try to defend himself properly.
ISO29, answer #1 reeks of WIFOM.
ISO30- I'd like to say that fluff doesn't matter per se- Content is all that matters. Posting
content
is townie, even if it is somewhat fluffy. Posting
nothing but fluff
is scummy.
I'm really not liking Nexus's defense (or lack thereof).

Vote: Nexus

Second suspect: jmurph3
It seems like she's just agreeing with Nexus. Her play doesn't seem genuinely IC to me.
ISO3- WHOA! She goes from "OMG YOU NEED TO DIE" to "meh" in less than 3 hours. Scummy.
ISO3-5- it looks like she's trying to change targets gradually as to not look like a scummy bandwagoning maniac.
ISO9 reeks of inconsistency. Earlier, she refused to answer Earlder's experience question, stating that it will clog up the thread. She seems to be against the questions, but proceeds to answer them anyway for no apparent reason. WTF is up with this suddden paradigm shift?
She also claims she isn't lurking by saying she posts "fairly regularly." (which is a half truth: regularly =/= frequently)
The answer to #3 is hypocritical, more or less.
The end of ISO10 looks like she's coaching Nexus.
------------
I feel that her scumminess is dependent on Nexus's alignment. Definitely some buddying going on here.

HoS: jmurph3

If I had to pick a third suspect, I would go with Haylen, for one reason and one reason only: wanting a full scum list. Aside from that, her play has been pro-town.
Get to know a meat boy
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

Whoa, this is an explosion of posts within about 24 hours. I will post tonight because I am busy currently, but I'm glad there's finally activity :)
Mortality is the number 1 cause of death.

Town: 2-2
Scum: 1-0
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Nexus »

Beefster wrote:I'm going to use the area tags Haylen used. Those were pretty sexy.

First suspect: Nexus
He's been giving me bad vibes lately. He's definitely hiding something. He's pretty active lurky. Most of my suspicions have already been brought to the table by Haylen. Some additional points:
ISO26 appears to divert suspicion by indirectly attacking all the lurkers.
ISO27 strikes me as odd. He doesn't even try to defend himself properly.
ISO29, answer #1 reeks of WIFOM.
ISO30- I'd like to say that fluff doesn't matter per se- Content is all that matters. Posting
content
is townie, even if it is somewhat fluffy. Posting
nothing but fluff
is scummy.
I'm really not liking Nexus's defense (or lack thereof).

Vote: Nexus

If I had to pick a third suspect, I would go with Haylen, for one reason and one reason only: wanting a full scum list. Aside from that, her play has been pro-town.
So basically anyone who's posted, to you, is suspicious/scum? Okay..

I'm not hiding anything, I have nothing to hide.

ISO26 I was trying to explain that I thought something needed to be done about the fact that nobody was posting, and the deadline was fast approaching, so we needed some leads. Turns out, I've inadvertantly given you the leads, albeit that you're all mistaken and are all voting for me. I'm town, not scum.
ISO27 I haven't played Mafia before, I have no idea how to defend myself properly. That was the only thing I could think of, because, it's true. There's not much more to my defense except "I'm not scum, I'm town," because there's not a lot else I can say. Surely if I was scum, I'd be making more of an effort to convince you I wasn't?
Once again, ISO29 is the same as ISO26. I have no idea how to defend myself from false accusations, because there is only one way I can definitely defend myself, and that is against the rules.
ISO30-We were in RVS for a while. We had nothing else to post. I didn't understand that posting fluff was going to be seen as suspicious, now that I do know, I'll endeavour not to.

I know you're making a mistake, but even if you do continue to go ahead and vote for me, can I suggest holding your horses and waiting to see what the replacements say, too?

You're making these accusations, despite the fact that there are other suspicious people. Still, I can't blame you. It's been a slow game, and you're clutching at straws.

I may have inadvertantly made scummy posts, but that was/is inadvertant. If I were scum, I'd have taken more care to watch other games, see how the scum acted, and follow their example, because that'd be the sensible thing to do.

I've got no other defence, so anything else I'd post at this current moment would be redundant.

Although, I will point out: If you're in any way suspicious of Haylen, why would you take her analysis at face value? She could be dissecting things in a way to make me seem scummy so as to deflect suspicion from herself.

As for jmurph, I have not spoken to her at all.

You're simply agreeing with Haylen, adding a little more, the same as you claim jmurph has been doing with me. You can't have it both ways.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP.
Oh, and with regards to jmurph "coaching me", it isn't a scum tell to me, it's simply an SE showing me where I'm going wrong as a newbie, which is the same as what Haylen was doing earlier in the thread....

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”