Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:32 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

She has a point, you are being awfully bold and trying to pass the blame a lot. I'm not going to vote you Prox, but don't ask for claims.
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Prox »

Haylen wrote:
Prox wrote:Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Why are we asking for a claim on Day One? I call rolefishing

Unvote
Vote Prox
Rolefishing? No, I'm going off of G&H's claim that he will always be truthful. The easiest thing to do at this point is to get him to tell us whether or not he's scum.

But then I found that G&H doesn't answer these sort of questions for meta's sake.

Either way, I'm not really asking for a claim. I don't care as much about his role, as I do his alliance. Or is there not a difference?
This time, I'll not care.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Prox »

Also: thoughts on G&H, please?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 am

Prox wrote:Also: thoughts on G&H, please?
Three things are wrong with him. One he posts really long annoying posts that deplete the fun of the game. Two if you look at his other games his style is anti-town. and three, since he doesn't vote he is hurting us. Usually it takes 5 of 9 to lynch but right now it takes 5 of 8. If we get rid of him it will help and we will only need 4 of 8.
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Prox »

What do you mean? There are 9 of us.

Could you explain further the anti-townness of G&H's playstyle and how it requires that he die today?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:53 am

ok in day one it should take 5/9 to lynch but because he wont vote its like we only have 8 people, but it still takes 5 votes, thus 5/8 instead of 5/9
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Prox »

No vote at all except at lol????

I can see how that'll hurt the town in the long run.
unvote; vote Good & Honest

I don't like the idea of voting for someone just because their posts are too large. It scares me.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Switz »

Haylen wrote:
Prox wrote:Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Why are we asking for a claim on Day One? I call rolefishing

Unvote
Vote Prox
I think your argument here's a bit fishy, Haylen. In theory, asking for a claim is obviously rolefishing, but directly asking "are you scum?" is not really asking for a claim because there's only one answer, regardless of whether G&H is or not. Not to mention Prox makes it clear in his next post that he's trying to play off G&H's statement that he will not lie by asking a direct question.

I'm also going to note that shotty takes the opportunity to cast suspicion on Prox without casting a vote, which strikes somewhat of a bad chord with me.
FoS: drmyshottyizsic

And I'm still really torn on the G&H issue. Shotty's argument makes sense, but then again, I'm now suspicious of shotty which makes me hesitant to trust his argument. The problem with lynching him today is that it loses us a day of actual scumhunting, but the problem with leaving him around is that it'll just make tomorrow more confusing since we have no other way to kill him in a setup like this.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 am

Switz we are in a newbie game and i was simply informing him that claims shouldnt be asked for on day one. And about killing G & H you're right it's a trick situation, but i really think we should just get him out of the way now, and scum hunt tomorow.
#freeShotty
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Haylen »

ok.

Prox: Are you scum?
G+H: No, I'm doc/cop]

You all wake up from your slumbers, well all but one of you.

Good and Honest was Night Killed, Night One. She was Doc/Cop

I don't even like soft claims this early in the game.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:19 am

Post by KittyMo »

[3] Good and Honest - (drmyshottyiszik, silverbullet999, Prox)

[1] Haylen - (Switz)
[1] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi)
[0] Crayboff - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] Little Plastic Ninja - ()
[0] Prox - (Haylen)
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[3]
Not Voting
- (Crayboff, Good and Honest, Little Plastic Ninja)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Last edited by KittyMo on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks Haylen.
#freeShotty
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Switz »

Hmm...fair points, shotty and Haylen. I'll withdraw my objections for the time being.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Prox »

Why would he say "No, I'm doc?"

He would say, "No, I'm not scum." or "No, I am town."

Scum has nothing to do with power.

I still don't understand.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Switz we are in a newbie game and i was simply informing him that claims shouldnt be asked for on day one. And about killing G & H you're right it's a trick situation, but i really think we should just get him out of the way now, and scum hunt tomorow.
But I didn't ask for a claim O.o
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Good and Honest »

I'm glad that some of you have taken a look at my first game and have given comments about my playstyle. I'll respond to them now.

drmyshottyizsik, I can understand that not everyone likes reading long posts but this is just my writing style. I'm sad that it depletes the fun of the game for you. When you comment on my unwillingness to vote, you are of the opinion that it hurts the town because that makes it harder to lynch anyone during the day. But, on the other hand, that also hurts the mafia because it makes it more difficult for them to lynch an innocent townsperson!

However, there is something else extremely important in this context which relates to our current game in particular:

PLEASE, EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS RULE from KittyMo's second post:

7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.

Unlike other Newbie games where if no one has received 50%+1 of the votes at deadline, no one gets lynched, IN THIS GAME even if only one player has voted at deadline, the person who was voted will be lynched! So in this particular game my unwillingness to vote won't have that big of an influence.

Prox, I really like your post where you ponder on the usefulness of lynching me. The thoughts you have given sound very interesting and I agree that the other players should consider them.

Haylen, Prox's question might be notable in a vacuum but my case is special so I don't find the question that strange - I have been asked similar questions in all of my previous games here. The idea is that since I want to always be honest in a game of Mafia, I would be expected to answer a question about my role in a game. However, Prox later did find out that in my first game I have addressed this situation and that I'll remain silent when I'm asked this question.

Switz, being honest doesn't mean that I have to say absolutely everything that's on my mind - just that whatever I say is going to be true. So in your hypothetical situation I most probably won't tell everyone that I think Player X is the "Doctor".

No, I don't intend to change my playstyle. It's going to remain the same as I have stated in my first game.

I see you think it's a problem that I say "If you think my playstyle is going to make the game less enjoyable for you, you can vote to lynch me" so I'll explain in more detail. I realize that my playstyle might not be liked by some players and I definitely don't want to spoil the game for them so I can accept it if they vote for me. That's exactly the case with drmyshottyizsik who has announced not liking either my playstyle or my writing style. So I have no problems with drmyshottyizsik's vote.

However, Switz, you have correctly noticed that my quick lynch during Day 1 in my first game caused many problems for the town - in fact, it can be said that it was a big reason for the town's loss in the end. But that happened because almost all of the other players in the game were focused solely on me. What should have happened is that everyone should have interacted with everyone (and not only with me) and participated more in the discussions... That would have resulted in much more information available - and if the town had used the time available during Day 1, whether they lynched me at the end of the day or not wouldn't really be a problem. That's why I hope that in this game even if the majority of the players don't like my playstyle, the time available during Day 1 will be used for more discussions and interactions between the players - something that even drmyshottyizsik mentioned earlier in the game:

"Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't."

By the way, Switz, there is a sentence you wrote which confuses me:

"The problem with lynching him today is that it loses us a day of actual scumhunting, but the problem with leaving him around is that it'll just make tomorrow more confusing since we have no other way to kill him in a setup like this."

I guess you're talking about me here. The first part of the sentence isn't necessarily true as I've just explained - if we use the whole length of Day 1 for discussions, investigations, sharing thoughts, etc., even if I get lynched in the end, the day won't be lost. However, it's the second part of the sentence that I don't understand - what do you mean when you say that you have no other way to kill me in a setup like this?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:03 pm

You know G & H irl i think we would be good pals

.. but not here
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 pm

ok just a quick question. I'm not asking for votes, I'm just wondering. If you guys had to lynch 1 person right now. Who?
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Ah geez we are getting serious so soon... and I don't think we've heard from everyone... I think 5? or maybe 6 people have posted so far?

UNVOTE:

I don't have anyone I want to lynch right now... Good is going to make these days very interesting if left alive.. but in no way shape or form should he be lynched yet.

It's always MUCH better to use these days to scumhunt eachother... I'd like the people who haven't posted yet to post... (too lazy to check who they are)

Good question.... If someone claimed scum would you vote them?

//Unrelated//
Also... give me a picture of a kitty (AT LEAST ONE KITTY PER PAGE!)

Mod NoteImage

If you insist...:P Can't remember how long ago this picture was taken, but it was at least a year ago. ~KittyMo
Last edited by KittyMo on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... People were right it seems....
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:31 pm

good point, perhaps the mafia is sitting back trying to go undetected. UNVOTE: Good & Honest (for now)
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 pm

drmy - If you want Good and Honest dead or at least pressure applied keep the vote on, if it hops up to L-1 I'd suggest you take it off if it's still early in the week. Worse case scenario is Good & Honest gets quickhammered which then lets us investigate the wagon and more than likely the hammerer
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:45 pm

nah im good, but i will hammer him if he gets L-1.
you know you and i both signed up for a ninja mafia game
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 pm

If he were to get to L-1 in the next 2 hours, you would hammer?

Also Nice I'm only in this game now, got night killed from the large game I was in... I didn't expect it at all either.

Hey, let's not talk about ongoing games. Site rule and all that. Kay? ~KittyMo
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:50 pm

oh i was just mentioning i died nothing more, my bad kitty forgive me pwease
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Sorry for not being as active as most. I had to work. Anyways, I've read up on this thread. From what I see Good and Honest said, there shouldn't be a reason to vote for him. His playstyle is "The truth but not the lifting of the curtain" if you had to explain it in one phrase. It doesn't really hurt the game. I look at it like a leap of faith in your fellow players. He's either trusting them not to kill him as a townie or trusting them not to kill him as a mafia goon.

I'm keeping my vote simply because this is a RVS still. No progress has really been made except discussion from a select amount of players. I don't see any reason to change my vote either as I suspect Shotty even more than I did earlier in the game. No offense intended, Shotty. You just showed abnormal behavior which I took note of in the beginning of the game and it gradually grew on me. Hopefully we can have the ones who haven't discussed yet come in and lend us a hand.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”