Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Tasky »

Equinox wrote:Oh, were you not pushing for a chihuahua0 lynch? I thought the purpose of the request was to determine how far chihuahua0 needed to go before we could lynch him.
and how is [determining limit for lynch] = [pushing for lynch]?
No, chihuahua0 has not yet reached my limit. Otherwise, my vote would be on him and not on you.
and why aren't you voting him? the noob pass?
I'm open to new ways of playing this game. Your idea was just of more benefit to the mafia than to the town, and your insistence led me to believe your request was made to benefit you in particular. I do not appreciate your accusation that we are being close-minded. I do not see any evidence of that going on here; however, if you have a problem with the way we're playing this game, take it to Mafia Discussion.
I'm sorry, I really don't wanted to offend anyone... this however is not the first time I get attacked just because I do things that are somewhat unusual (and in my mind useful), so I wanted to express that, it's nothing against you in particular... maybe we just have a totally different conception of what does and what doesn't help scum since all the experience I have comes from face-to-face-mafia
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Equinox »

I see you did ask for input from Lemon and nopointinactingup the first time you asked. My apologies for missing that.
Tasky wrote:and how is [determining limit for lynch] = [pushing for lynch]?
What, you had a different reason for determining this limit?
Tasky wrote:and why aren't you voting him? the noob pass?
Initially, I did not vote him because of the newbie pass. When he didn't actually defend himself following Quoi's case, though, I was close to lynching him out of pure irritation. His replacing out has changed things.

Yeah, we don't have the benefit of body language and voice tone here, so techniques in face-to-face mafia won't work so well.
Quoi
Quoi
Townie
Quoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Quoi »

I think chihuahua's replace-out is a scumtell. He'd been playing in three games since late June and didn't show any signs of stress under that situation until we started to call him scum.
Hmm?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I'm really starting to get disheartened by the amount of replacements this game has suffered.

We currently have 2 slots with minimal contribution (Mindgamer and Young) and two more slots that replaced out while being top suspects (Chi and Lemon, IMO).

It's incredibly difficult to effectively scum-hunt when 33% of the game is idle.

After Mafia 951 I'm wary as to whether this game is going to collapse.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Equinox »

On the other hand, burnout takes a while to sink in. He may not have felt the stress until he noticed he couldn't catch up with his posts (he's only posting once a day now), or until something IRL came up, etc.

Speculating on replacing out is WIFOM.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Zang »

Votecount-

chihuahua0 - 3 - (youngminii, Quoi, nopointinactingup) (L-4)
Lemon - 3 - (Redtail896, MagnaofIllusion, Untrod Tripod) (L-4)
AClockworkMelon - 2 - (Tasky, chihuahua0) (L-5)
Tasky - 2 - (AClockworkMelon, Equinox) (L-5)

Not Voting: Chevre, Lemon

7 to lynch

deadline is July 20 at 9:00 pm EDT, if I get more replacements I will extend the deadline.

I'm looking for a replacement for Chihuaha0

Redtail896 replaces Mindgamer
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Equinox »

Hiya, redtail896. Thanks for replacing in!
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:57 am

Post by redtail896 »

Hello again Equinox, and hi to everybody else. I'll post something substantial in a few hours (after reading).
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Zang »

Shattered Viewpoint replaces youngminii
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Hi, everyone. Twelve pages -- I'll be back with some thoughts in, oh, let's say later tonight. Or so.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:23 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Welcome to SV and Redtail!

This somewhat alleviates my concerns shown in my prior post.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Oops: I forgot something.

unvote

Hi, Magna!
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Zang »

Espeonage replaces Lemon
Last edited by Zang on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Equinox »

I love you people. Big cheers for Espeonage, redtail896, and Shattered Viewpoint!

In the meantime, hoping to hear from you about all this good stuff.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Zang »

nhammen replaces chihuaha0
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by nhammen »

/confirm

And votecount is interesting. I always prefer multiple bandwagons: I believe it helps me find scum. I will analyze after reread.

As of page 3: Just coming out of RVS. Still very little info. Tasky's antibandwagonerry is a newbtell. However, rapidly switching targets is a very newbscum thing to do.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by nhammen »

oh right!

UNVOTE: whoever im voting for

Will vote after reread.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by nhammen »

Tasky wrote:just so you can find in the game and make up a little for the information you owe us, how about answering this questions:
a) which role do you prefer to play (no esoteric roles please)? in particular, do you prefer being mafia or townie?
b) how would you characterize your playing-style?
c) if you were to cast an arbitrary vote, who would you vote for?
d) what do you think about bandwagons?
e) what do you think about RVS?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:First to everyone (including Tasky) – please answer questions b,d, and e that Tasky posed.
b) I've never analyzed my own playing style, so... I just play. I have played 13 games on site, and they are all listed on my wiki page, so you can check them out if you want to analyze my play. But the most recent is still ongoing, so that one can't be used.
d) Very good for info. Seeing who was on, and who was not on, a bandwagon is very useful information.
e) Very little useful info is contained in RVS. I like to move out of it as soon as possible. Usually by trying to start a bandwagon to create more info.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by nhammen »

Lemon wrote:I think I'll come to the defense of Chi to the newbie card. Firstly, we're SCUMHUNTING. His mistakes scream more newb than scum. Attacking him would only rid him from the game and prove useless to the town in the long run.
This seems far too confident...
Lemon wrote:Secondly, I feel like you're acting quite scummy yourself. Taking it upon yourself to cement a pro-town position among us all, by actively posting.
Too pro-Town to be Town? Really? I thought everyone knew not to use that argument anymore.
Lemon wrote:In addition, your spreading of blame that almost nears contempt of other players seems to further this idea. In your posts you have attacked Chihuahua, Tripod, Tasky, Clockwork and erratically attacked RetroAudio. Then when we add to this my first part, Mafia know who their enemies are, a full on attack towards Chihuahua, who obviously acts more newb than scum seems suspicious.
He is using the bad logic = scum argument a bit much... But that in itself is not scummy. Because that is just bad logic.

Being called by parents to make dinner - will read more later...
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by redtail896 »

Welcome Shattered Viewpoint, Espionage, and nhammen. First thing's first (yeah, I should've done this in my first post)
UNVOTE

Alright. I've read the thread, sat and thought, read some ISOs, thought some more, drove home, and thought again. Now I'm going to give you my thoughts about every person in the game in a WoT. Yes, this'll be long. I apologize for that, but I need to make up for lost time (I promise all of my posts won't be this lengthy) And I hope to get something worthwhile out of it. (NB: Since the forum no longer shows gender, I'm going to refer to everyone in the feminine. No offense meant, and please feel free to correct me).

AClockworkMelon:
Active lurked in the beginning, but now seems to be posting rather consistently. Her posts are still short though; few of them have more than 3-4 lines of original text. Content-wise, her reasoning for voting Chihuahua bugs me. Her phrasing in the post heavily implies that she agrees with Minii's logic, but later said you weren't mimicking her reason verbatim. Her FOS of Equinox is weird too; you
were
active lurking, and she just called you out on it. However, these seem to me like minor nitpicks. The active lurking seems to have more or less ended (although I would like to see a higher content to post ratio) and I like her case against Tasky.
Verdict: Leaning Town

Chevre (replaces AWA):
I basically have nothing to go on here. AWA provided literally no game content, and Chevre has really only had one post of logic. As to that one post, the difference between aggressive and indecisive voting that ACM expressed makes sense to me (although I think she might've phrased it better), but your other two points seem solid. Really though, I need more data. Could we have more from Chevre please?
Verdict: None (need more data)

chihuahua0:
(NB: this is chihuahua0, not nhammen (since nhammen hasn't had a chance to do anything yet (besides, I want to talk about chihuahua0))) Oh boy. Here we go. There are all sorts of reasons to suspect Chi: the votes with no basis in any sort of logic, the nonsensical probabilities, her scumhunting methods, the supposed "relationship" between Tasky and ACM (which I don't see, and I don't see the benefit in pointing out at this stage), and the refusal to vote followed by a vote
in her very next post
(not to mention the hammer thing, the "this question is a test" thing, etc.) I don't think anybody here would question that she is suspicious. Rather, the question is whether she is simply being a newb, or is scum (or both).

The truly interesting thing about Chi is the fact that the game seems to have warped itself around her presence. An increasingly large part of the conversation is concerned with the Chi case and defenses/defenders of Chi. There are no neutral opinions of Chi, and many increasingly negative ones. As for myself, to use the increasingly common language, I've passed my threshold. If Chihuahua was still in the game, my vote would likely fall there. However, I'm willing to give nhammen a chance.
Verdict: Strongly Leaning Mafia

Equinox:
Logical and diverse in her suspicions. I like the reasoning for her votes, even when I disagree, and I especially like your unvote of ACM. You seemed to be admitting that your case no longer held water, and rather then force a case onto her, you jumped to what you thought was a better target.

Lemon:
(Not Espionage; see above) In all the talk about chihuahua0 being a newbie, I actually think we've seen much more newb town play from Lemon. Her instinct to distrust her town reads (and invoking the "Too Town" theory), her reliance on the wiki, her defense of Chihuahua at the expense of scumhunting, and her refusal to place a vote all scream "newb town" to me. She probably sees Chihuahua as in the same boat as her, and so is defending her for that reason. Actually, one war going on inside my head is how much of the logic I'm using to argue Lemon is newb town can be applied to Chihuahua (and vice-versa). I'll probably write up another post on this topic, but for now I'll say that it seems Chihuahua is more looking to vote with popular trends, while Lemon is just floundering a bit.

MagnaofIllusion:
Very focused on Chihuahua and Lemon, although not, I think, unfairly. I disagree with her hardline opinion of newbie play, but I'm willing to chalk that up to differing philosophies and playstyles. And I obviously disagree with her read of Lemon. But I like her method and I'm certainly listening with regards to Chihuahua. I have no major complaints here.

nopointinactingup:
She talks about focusing too much on Chi and says we should focus a bit more on other players...and then spends 90% of her posts focusing on Chi or the case against Chi. I don't know here. I'm seeing more talk then real hunting, and the switch from
nopointinactingup wrote:The reason why I am defending Chi right now is I think there are better place to find scums. Policy lynch is always my last resort.
to voting Chihuahua in the same post has my eyebrows raised. I'd like to see more from her, but for now,
Verdict: Slightly Leaning Mafia

Quoi (replaces RetroAudio):
RetroAudio I found a tad scummy, if only because her posts never really seemed to accomplish anything. Quoi's case seems solid though. Overall though, I'd like to see more from her. RA seemed to be almost active lurking at times (in terms of content certainly), and Quoi hasn't helped this image (besides the one case post, hasn't provided much content). Also, interpreting Chihuahua's replacing out as a scumtell is a level of metagaming I'm not sure I can handle right now. Could you elaborate?
Verdict: Null Read

Youngminii:
(again, not Shattered Viewpoint yet) Basically admits to letting others post most of the content early on, and seems to set herself up for not posting a lot of content. Voted Chihuahua, but never seemed to have a lot of reason why. If, as has been posited, the Chi wagon is scum motivated, she would be my pick (although she's not really motivating the wagon so much as hanging around it). Of course, if Chi was scum, then this is an early not-serious bussing attempt? I need to look at this interplay more, and we need more content here (c'mon SV) but for now,

Tasky:
Wow. By far the most prolific poster. I have to agree with the faction that doesn't like your votes early on. In particular I didn't read your second vote as a random vote at all; you seemed to be jumping on what you thought was an inconsistency. If you meant it to be random, it certainly doesn't read that way. You also "went back to random vote" without fully explaining what was happening at the time. And what exactly is her opinion of Chihuahua? She's not voting for her, yet she's amazed that people aren't voting for her. And although it's been done to death, I don't see what the exercise could've accomplished.
Verdict: Leaning Mafia

Untrod Tripod:
I liked the long discussion of the Chi newb town defense, and the subsequent questions. And I kind of liked your RA case (sparse though it was). It seems that most of your posts are kinda fluffy though. I'd like to see more.
Verdict: Slightly Leaning Town

Whew, that took longer than I thought. If you want clarification on any of these opinions (more in-depth etc.) I'd be glad to give it.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

nopointinactingup wrote:
Unvote, vote: Chihuahua
wow... this looks strange... in your whole post you give no reason for this, you talk about MoI, about other things, and then go on to vote chihuahua0. Opportunistic voting maybe?
[/quote]

Magma has a point. There are only 3 votes on Chi and I gave him enough tolerance as you can see from my previous posts. And opportunistic? Please, now you're speaking as if your biggest suspect is likely town :roll:.

@Quoi: Please stop avoiding my question.
nopointinactingup wrote:@Quoi: Apart from Chi whom everyone is on, do you have any other suspicion?
Unvote.Vote:Quoi

He seems to be paying attention to the thread, but what he's been fluff-ing with every of his one liner posts. Above all, he shirks my question by all means.

@ACM: What I meant was I'd like to see you be as painfully active as you were in those former games.

Welcome our 4 replacements.
redtail896 wrote:
nopointinactingup:
She talks about focusing too much on Chi and says we should focus a bit more on other players...and then spends 90% of her posts focusing on Chi or the case against Chi
. I don't know here. I'm seeing more talk then real hunting, and the switch from
nopointinactingup wrote:The reason why I am defending Chi right now is I think there are better place to find scums. Policy lynch is always my last resort.
to voting Chihuahua in the same post has my eyebrows raised. I'd like to see more from her, but for now,
First of all, I'm male.
That's quite a stretch don't you think, considering I was voting and advocating for a ACM lynch most of the time. And besides, isn't everyone's posts of Chi's content? When people as you questions about Chi it is merely a courtesy to reply with context about Chi don't you think? And indeed policy lynch is always my resort, but Chi's recent posts and inactivity have lead me to think there should be more pressure on her. It's a common sense rule that you don't necessarily vote for someone you want to lynch. The only reason I'm telling you this is because Chi has already been replaced, so please take into consideration that possibility the next time on.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok. I read the thread last night. i have suspicions and another who i think is way town it isn't funny. I love playing way to many newbie games for my own good.

Ok Manga's questions.
a) I love playing weird and quirky roles like once I got to play a ghost. But all in all I rather Mafia over townie if only because I have only been Mafia once on this site. Hey Manga.
b) Erractic, bitchy and calculated. I've played a with a few people here before. Good for you guys it usually takes me about 15 pages to stop bitching and to actually lay a case. (I play for the long term win. I may vote someone I think is town if I believe that it can draw out a scum slip. It is how I work. If I don't give a reason I have a reason why and I just don't think it is in the scums best interest to know why I am voting for anyone.)
d) Bandwagons are town's greatest tool and should be veiwed as such. Pressure draws out good and bad play from everyone and gets us closer to catching scum. It is rather obvious my stance on Bandwagons from looking at my answer to b.

Post to follow this very soon. I hate searching for quotes but I don't fake quotes so you can look them up later if you feel you want to.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Chihuahua is Town. there is no escaping that fact. He is so textbook newb it isn't funny. I have played way to many Newbie games in the past not very long to know what I am talking about in this department. Two of my past three games have had players all most exactly the same. All have turned up town. Anyway nhammen gets a pre-replacement tick but noone is confirmed yet.

Now. Tasky is scum. I have seen it so many times when wishy washy voting is the explaination for what he has done. It is worse than that. Now unless tasky is a noob which he doesn't come accross as then he is obv scum. That was early day one scum nerves. Now if he were a newbie than a non newbie game would be enough to entice this reaction. He seemed to be so much more into the game than he should have and seemed to me to be grasping for purchase on a vote wether it was the RVS or not.
So for now. VOTE: Tasky
Don't @ me.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by AClockworkMelon »

redtail896 wrote:Her FOS of Equinox is weird too; you
were
active lurking, and she just called you out on it.
Going back and rereading it, I have to concede that it was basically OMGUS (I even reassured people that it
wasn't
OMGUS in the very same post!).
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by AClockworkMelon »

And to everyone who isn't sure about voting for Tasky yet, I suggest reading my case, redtail's case and Espeonage's case. I'm sort of baffled that more people aren't concerned with his playstyle.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”