Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Haylen »

/confirm. Hi SB!! ^-^

I <3 KittyMo too >.<
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Haylen »

Hey, lets go round and each say one different reason why we <3 the mod =)

I <3 KittyMo cause she's nice and awesome and an all round tip top person!

Ooooh! Just realised i can edit my posts :shock:

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Haylen »

I am also a girl on the internet >.<

Look at the picture, seems I got distracted by something again :P

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Haylen »

oh trust me, You'll come to notice I have an insane maternal instinct towards newbies over the next 9 days ^^

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Haylen »

I was, but I forgot my username ect. I should sign up again! :O

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Haylen »

I think we should play on Kongregate whilst we wait! I'm Haylen on there too.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Haylen »

OMGOMG I have a fan! :O

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by Haylen »

silverbullet999 wrote:haylen! how did I miss you!? Oh cause your temping? Nope sorry haylen you have to stay for the full game!
Nooooooooo! As much as I would love to stay here a play with you all, I'm quite overcommitted on MS at the moment and 9 days is about the length of time I can cope for >.<
Shotty wrote:1) How many games have you played
2) What is your favorite role
3) What is the most fun thing you've ever done
4) One interesting thing about yourself
5) What is your dream job

1. It's up to 42 played games now. I've modded 8 games (mostly newbies) and am currently modding 3 more (mostly newbies :P )
2. Serial Killer. That's why I have "Life of the Third Party" as the custom title over my avatar. I went undefeated for 3 games, then lost for the first time earlier this week. Didn't lose for a year and four months. Feels like a kick in the teeth really. SK, isn't a role you will often get because it's a lone person role - they're often in games but only one person can get it.
3. I did my work experience in Melbourne Museum in Australia, mostly working in the planetarium in Scienceworks. It was an awesome and fun two weeks that I'll never forget.
4. I love newbies. Seriously.
5. Probably Astronomer/Astro-Physicist, although I wouldn't turn down the job of Ruler of the World.

Anywhoooooo. Incoming long post!

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Haylen »

Welcome to MafiaScum! :D And possibly your first game here. My name's Haylen, I will answer to any variation of that. I'm your friendly neighbourhood IC (Inexperienced Challenged player...political correctness and all that) and it's my job to show you the ropes and to make sure you understand what is going on. You can ask me any questions you have during the game, unless it is about your role, in which case you must send a PM with your question to KittyMo (the mod), neither of us bite so don't feel you can't approach us about things. I completely understand that your first game may be a daunting experience...hell, I remember my first game, ended up getting night killed on Night One, and most of you will be in the same boat regarding experience level but you're all here to learn. If you feel as though you haven't done well, don't be put out, just learn from it and improve. It is not cool to insult players for poor logic, anyone caught doing so will receive a post specially made for them in which I barate you...in a kind way. Don't take attacks on your logic personally, or lynches. They happen, that's what Mafia is all about.

Aswell as being a helper here, I am also a player in the game, even though this is a newbie game, I will not be toning down my play, I'll be treating it like a game from any of the other forums otherwise you wont be able to learn and grow as players. Just because I'm
the
an IC, it doesn't mean you can't attack my logic. I will NEVER lie in my answers when questions asked about game mechanics ect. That would completely defeat the purpose of my being an IC here. If I don't answer your questions quick enough, which is extremely unlikely, I believe the SE's are Silverbullet and Good and Honest which means they are semi-experienced players. In other words, they've played a couple of games and either don't feel they are ready to IC yet or don't have the qualifications.

Anyway, read the rules KittyMo has decided to use (warning: other mods may decide to use different variations of these rules,
but the fundamentals are all the same,so don't get confused). When this game is over, and you're all excited about joining games in other forums, ask yourselves if you truly feel ready for it...there's nothing worse than going into a mini normal game (or any other non road to rome game, for that matter) and realising halfway through it that you aren't ready.

And have fun!!!

(by the way, I will be taking notes all through the game, because I am stupidly organised and a perfectionist, so I will be able to tell you what was good, what went wrong and how to improve, when the game has ended.)

Back to player mode :)

Big warning: I like to multipost, meaning I will post more than once in a row. Usually because I have just remembered something I wanted to say in the post before but forgot. I will spare you my megaposts, no player should ever have to deal with them. Also, my grammar is generally terrible because I'm thinking of writing down what I want to say.

First thing's first.

How we vote and unvote: MittKo says in her rules that we have to bold votes and unvotes. This is how we do that:

Code: Select all

[b] Vote: playername [/b] or [b] Unvote: playername [/b]

Another important part of the game is quoting, you will find that you want to quote another player and some point or another. We do that like this:

[quote="playername"] what they said [/quote]

A little bit more complicated is putting in a link to another post as it requires multiple steps, you might want to use this sometimes when refering to the whole of a post, rather than quoting the whole thing. Here you go:

1) In the post you want to link, click on the blue post number next to 'post' at the top of the post.
2) Once you have done this, copy and paste the url from your internet's address bar.
3) you will need to do this:

[url=pasted url from address bar] post number (you can use any word here, but I dont want to be confusing) [/url]

An example of that this. Here is a link to post 1 .

That was a link to MittyKo's post 1, it has all the rules in it, and as a code, looked like this:

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2377075#p2377075] post 1 [/url]

Hope that last one wasn't too confusing, if it was just ask :D

Anyway, enjoy yourselves!

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #44 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Haylen »

:( It's Seraphim's game. I don't want to step on his toes. Also, do you like my shiny new avatar :O

Vote Shotty

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #53 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Haylen »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I was just getting acquainted, and bonding with the citizens of the game. Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't.
This is called the RVS (Random Voting Stage), we're meant to randomly vote for people to get discussion going ect.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #62 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Haylen »

G+H wrote:Haylen, I'm very happy to be able to play in a game with you - even if it's only for a while... Unfortunately, I have read quite a few games with your participation so I don't know which one to ask you about. I'll ask you something else - how will the fact that you're only temporarily in this game affect your playstyle? Will you play as if you'd remain here until the game's end? Are you thinking about what you are going to leave for Seraphim once Seraphim comes?
Yay! My reputation preceeds me :3

The fact I'm a temp. replacement won't affect my playstyle. The last time I was a temp, I was scum and actually won the game in 6 days for my team. (Newbie 880). I will be playing as though I am a normal IC in the game. I've never really thought about what I might be Seraphim to come back to - whatever it is, I trust he'd be able to deal with it adequately.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #74 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Haylen »

Prox wrote:Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Why are we asking for a claim on Day One? I call rolefishing

Unvote
Vote Prox

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #84 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Haylen »

ok.

Prox: Are you scum?
G+H: No, I'm doc/cop]

You all wake up from your slumbers, well all but one of you.

Good and Honest was Night Killed, Night One. She was Doc/Cop

I don't even like soft claims this early in the game.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #136 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Haylen »

Switz wrote:Secondly, I'd like to point out that, in addition to those prodded, we haven't heard from Haylen in a while either
Sorry, I might have forgotten to post it. It's really rare that I post a non-modding post at the weekends. I get up at 5am Saturday and Sunday, then run a shop on my own for 8.5hrs, not knowing whether I'm going to have a break (which is stressful in itself cause I get hypoglycaemic and pass out if I don't eat at certain times, which my bosses know about but don't give a shit about), then I dunno whether someone's going to come in at the end of my shift and take over, and if I leave the shop I'll get the sack. Then, I also have to stand under bright lights all day which usually give me a migraine. This weekend, I came home from work, made a few posts, then crashed out until 5am the next day.

Anyway, I'm re-reading.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Haylen »

I am intrigued that Hinduragi has managed to coast so far in the game. Other than that, I am not finding him particularly scummy. I need to do a thorough re-read to determine my current stance on players. I will not be posting who I think is a scumteam, because it is generally best to deal with one scum at a time. Dealing with two at once allows to scum to buddy with players more successfully.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #209 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Haylen »

Sorry, I've completely spent the last 2 days doing modding things. I am that sad. Good news is: my appeal upheld and I'm allowed to repeat the first year of my course! wootwoot!

Anywho, I actually didn't notice that question Prox put towards me, thus I am surprised to see it in front of me now.

The majority of my votes on Day One are to gouge a reaction from players, I don't just look at how the person I voted reacts, I look at how the other people in the game react. I call things how I see them, I saw Prox's question as an attempt at rolefishing - I do admit though that I came into the game a lot more aggressive than I usually do. You lot aren't the only ones trying to improve ;) My scumhunting skills tend to be rather dismal, however I have memorised the majority of the wiki pages :D
prox wrote:*the scum who isn't on this list atm due to the ignorance of the typist*
So basically, you're saying, that you know there is one scum in that list? Is it your scumbuddy?

Edit: Prox, yes it changed.

Please don't edit your posts, Haylen. Just put in an EBWOP next time. Thanks! <3

Oh, I just realized you meant preview edit. Sorry >> ~Kitty
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #216 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Haylen »

Bob wrote:Do you have nothing to say about the two votes on you?
Nope. You've never get a reaction from me from a vote, unless it's the hammer.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Haylen »

Foilist wrote:I cannot and will not advocate forcing this player out of the game. I will absolutely support lynching him if he does not contribute to the town. I hope I've made myself clear.
THIS.

As a mod and a player, I teach and uphold rules on tolerance in mafia. I also think policy lynches are bad, anti-game - not scummy.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #221 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Haylen »

foilist13 wrote:
Haylen wrote:Nope. You've never get a reaction from me from a vote, unless it's the hammer.
Well aren't we special. You're almost as bad as G&H
What? Because I don't react to votes on me? Seriously, once you've played 41 games, you start not really caring when people vote for you.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #244 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Haylen »

I do, it's just in the past few days I've been given a lot of hell on the site, which you can find in GD if you want proof. I'm also being put off of walls of text.

Gimme a second, reading back.

Btw, you're lucky, as posted before, I don't play games at weekends.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #246 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Haylen »

Prox wrote:A lack of a reaction is a reaction. I guess you decided to do this and make it part of your meta so that town can't figure out when you're scum?
Uh oh, Busted.
You've hit the nail on the head. The only way people tend to be able to differentiate between town haylen and scum haylen is because as town I get very emotionally involved in the game, and as scum I'm very cold and scorn votes against me. In order to make myself less obvious, I've developed a sense of deindividuation as town that way I can pretend the votes are on somebody else rather than myself. :P Occassionally, I let it slip through though.

As said before, I am not going to be giving two names on who I believe are a scumteam. I don't mafiateam hunt, I scumhunt. Trying to find two players is a lot harder than finding the one. Leave the other scum til we've lynched the first, then you can use loads of fun things like voting analysis.

Unvote: Prox
I forget that was still there.
G+H wrote:And then, a very short time after drmyshottyizsik said that, Haylen suddenly appeared and addressed drmyshottyizsik's post... I'm not sure what to think about that. Since almost no one has commented on it, will anyone do it now?
Technically, I am always online. However, I am not always available.

This may surprise you, and it totally isn't OMGUS, but I am getting quite odd/possibly scummy vibes from Archeobob. I am pretty sure that Switz is town, if he is scum, then he has been coached by experienced scum in the quicktopic. Good and Honest I am seeing as neutral right now. I would look Shotty to be looked into.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #259 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Haylen »

Woahwoahwoah, who said I wasn't committed? Shit happened irl. I've had to go through loads of legal stuff this week against my uni, have a massive migraine (again, every week after work) and have had games to mod and other games to play. The priority was the legal stuff as it affects my whole future.
Prox wrote:Haylen made a fallacy based on her meta that basically says "I'm town because I always do this". If you decide to always do something then you will always do it, despite your alliance.
You have no idea how pissed off I'm getting over people twisting my words. I seriously advise you to stop.
SB wrote:I'll confirm haylens claim that she has gotten very emotionally involved as town (happened in my first game). Of course that doesn't mean too much since she's attempting to change it... haylen I demand that you stay and not get replaced : (.
Actually, SB, I'd been trying to change it for 6 months prior to your first game xD And I can't, people think I'm useless and I don't like being called that cause it brings up very bad memories :(
Archaebob wrote:I don't buy this it all.
Really? Clearly you have never played with me. You wanted an explanation, you got it. Take it or leave it.
This reeks, reeks of a mafia mindset.
That's all well and good. Now define mafia mindset.
Good good Haylen, it's super important to make sure that NOBODY thinks your suspicion of me is omgus. If you hadn't made that little comment there, I think a lot of people might have interpreted your fierce attack on me as being a defensive reaction rather than a genuine suspicion.
That's cool, now say that without the sarcasm so i can actually understand you.
Tell me, do you have any experiences in which an otherwise bad scum player magically became excellent because of the three or four quick topic comments that he exchanced with his partner before the game started?
It's called coaching, and following a load of tips.
Switz is the one you thought to talk about? Your declaration that he is probably town is utterly out of the blue and expressed in a really awkward manner, and it seems extremely scummy to me.
I'll talk about who I want in my posts thanks.
You've contributed nothing at all with your comment, and are just passively expressing the softest suspicion you possibly could on someone who is already one of the top lynch candidates for the day.
*shrugs* whatever. I'm not took much of an aggressive player.
If you're getting scummy vibes from me, than vote me, dammit. Or Shotty. Whatever. DO something. Your play up to this point is basically the epitome of active lurking.
That's cool, whatever.
Vote Shotty
Happy?
Keep in mind that she is one of the most experienced players here.
I may be an experienced player, but that doesn't make me a good one. Tbh, you think I don't care about the game, I honestly could give a crap about anything irl right now either. I'd be perfectly happy to drink some sort of poison and never wake up. I'm going to bed now, if that's ok with you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”