Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Iecerint »

V/LA until Friday
. Summer retreat with an academic group.

I'll be well-behaved after this one. :P
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:30 am

Post by ooba »

DS I did have a flavor reason - (GOO) - Post 2489.

Also DS, you've explained your preliminary cult reference. Why does nearly every single post of yours have a "cult" in it?

Shared dream ability hardly clears DS. From "Cthulhu" wiki (Cult part):
The cult is noted for chanting the phrase "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", which translates as "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."[13] This is often shortened to "Cthulhu fhtagn", which might possibly mean "Cthulhu waits", "Cthulhu dreams",[14] or "Cthulhu waits dreaming."

The character goes on to report that the Great Old Ones are telepathic and "knew all that was occurring in the universe".
They were able to communicate with the first humans by "moulding their dreams".

Belated Happy Birthday Katy.
That assumes that mafia would know there was someone specifically gunning for the GF. If GF had investigation immunity, and if Tar had not claimed his role then mafia very well could have saved the doctor protect for whoever was ripest for a vig. It also depends on how the mod wanted to balance Tar/DTM's chances of success. With such a power-heavy game, the mod may have wanted it to be more difficult for the lynchers to succeed if he felt that would give town an advantage. I mean so far it seems like we're doing pretty well, so maybe it was meant to be difficult for them to succeed.
This post has so much of fluff in it. (In fact all of it is non-committal ambiguous statements - even the Tar is town has an "almost" in it).
i) "If the mafia knew that someone was gunning for the GF" and "if Tar had not claimed his role" is irrelevant because he did it in the very first post of the game.
ii) I do not see how balanced it would be with a doc protecting the GF. (Unless their kill was "unstoppable" - umm, Tar\DTM can you confirm this please - would go some way in reaffirming my tnm read). If not, they are basically lynchers who do not know who their target is and whose kills are useless.

Congratulations by committing the "I-dont-want-to-semi-clear-townies-because-that-makes-my-life-tougher" tell, you have just risen to my number one candidate for mafia. Now I'll have to think if your buddying up to Iece was scum on scum or scum on town.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:46 am

Post by DTMaster »

Fuck. On iPhone making notes. To answer the recent question the kills shouldn't be unstoppable. At least for Hitgirl it makes no
mention of it being a super kill, so to
my knowledge it's normal
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Parama »

prod avoid

I really have nothing to say, and I have no clue who's scum right now.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Albatross »

unvote, vote: Darkstalker

I think I saw some people making remarks about the JCA items, so I think it is important to say that the oversouled abilities of our items only works with the original owners of the item. Woshipping the JCA would be a waste of time what with none of the original owners having control of their items at this time.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Fate »

Unvote:
Vote: Darkstalker
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Parama »

Albatross wrote:
unvote, vote: Darkstalker

I think I saw some people making remarks about the JCA items, so I think it is important to say that the oversouled abilities of our items only works with the original owners of the item. Woshipping the JCA would be a waste of time what with none of the original owners having control of their items at this time.
Alba, our actions will be usable tomorrow night, and we can get the items back tomorrow (D5).
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
DarkStalker
DarkStalker
Townie
DarkStalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:49 am

Post by DarkStalker »

I did some research on this cthulu character you are acusing me of being

I am not cult. I am not cthulu. I am Dream (Endless) from the sandman comics. And cthulu is not a character in the Sandman Comics. Look at the flavor of the other god factions. All Norse are from Too Human. All Egyptians are from Stargate. ALL JCA or Exlaws are from Shaman King. All Endless or Goo are from sandman comics. Cthulu is not from any of those stories. Thus cthulu is not in the game.

Everywhere i looked i can't find him having to do with any of the stories linked to the god factions so i conclude he is not in the game and that I am dream. If you can find him in those stories then please point it out.

I'll read the rest of the thread in a moment here and explain the rest of my actions shortly.
They taped over your mouth, Scribbled out the Truth with their lies, and gave animorpherv and PokerFace a hydra account :)
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Fate »

"Blah blah blah I'll read the thread and explain myself"

NOT

"Blah blah blah I'll find scum!"

Yeah this lynch is gravy.

FTR I'm lynching animorph not PF put it in the records.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mighty Orbots wrote:@Tarhalindur, given that ooba is confirming that totallynotmafia did have a doctor ability via item does that change your opinion on how likely he is to be scum given that your role needed to kill the godfather in a very limited amount of time or get removed from the game. I could see some form of limited unkillability on the part of the godfather that you and DTMaster were able to bypass with your nightkills but unless your shots were unstoppable (and you haven't indicated that they were) an explicitly protective role with no strings like a doctor seems overpowered for the mafia to have in terms of thwarting you in particular.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Doesn't significantly change the analysis - the sheer number of protective roles was going to pose a problem for my role anyways (might be part of the reason there's four options for it, though I suspect the Lottery is also linked to that somehow). More to the point, I don't see how three (now FOUR) apparently sane town protective roles is balanced, ESPECIALLY if Snow_Bunny is town (which would argue for a lot of protective roles for the Mafia, to give a better reason for Snow_Bunny's abilities).

The most likely alternative is that Chronopie might be scum; I've been known to use Jailkeeper in place of Mafia Roleblocker, and that worship ability is functionally similar to Governor (which has scum utility).

(I can see a second argument here - that we're trusting ooba's account of this why, exactly? - but I'm pretty sure the setup was designed so that scum don't need to falseclaim their abilities. It's what I would do, after all.)
ooba wrote:DS I did have a flavor reason - (GOO) - Post 2489.

Also DS, you've explained your preliminary cult reference. Why does nearly every single post of yours have a "cult" in it?

Shared dream ability hardly clears DS. From "Cthulhu" wiki (Cult part):
The cult is noted for chanting the phrase "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", which translates as "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."[13] This is often shortened to "Cthulhu fhtagn", which might possibly mean "Cthulhu waits", "Cthulhu dreams",[14] or "Cthulhu waits dreaming."

The character goes on to report that the Great Old Ones are telepathic and "knew all that was occurring in the universe".
They were able to communicate with the first humans by "moulding their dreams".

Belated Happy Birthday Katy.
That assumes that mafia would know there was someone specifically gunning for the GF. If GF had investigation immunity, and if Tar had not claimed his role then mafia very well could have saved the doctor protect for whoever was ripest for a vig. It also depends on how the mod wanted to balance Tar/DTM's chances of success. With such a power-heavy game, the mod may have wanted it to be more difficult for the lynchers to succeed if he felt that would give town an advantage. I mean so far it seems like we're doing pretty well, so maybe it was meant to be difficult for them to succeed.
This post has so much of fluff in it. (In fact all of it is non-committal ambiguous statements - even the Tar is town has an "almost" in it).
i) "If the mafia knew that someone was gunning for the GF" and "if Tar had not claimed his role" is irrelevant because he did it in the very first post of the game.
ii) I do not see how balanced it would be with a doc protecting the GF. (Unless their kill was "unstoppable" - umm, Tar\DTM can you confirm this please - would go some way in reaffirming my tnm read). If not, they are basically lynchers who do not know who their target is and whose kills are useless.

Congratulations by committing the "I-dont-want-to-semi-clear-townies-because-that-makes-my-life-tougher" tell, you have just risen to my number one candidate for mafia. Now I'll have to think if your buddying up to Iece was scum on scum or scum on town.
Ooba, the "DS=Cthulhu" argument is stupid and if you're town then you really need to stop pushing it*. It's blatantly clear from the massclaim and revealed roles so far that all gods of a specific faction come from the same universe, and since SpyreX has flipped from Sandman I see every reason to believe that DS is from Sandman as well.

* - If you're scum (ENTIRELY possible given how you keep pushing paranoia about DS being both Cthulhu and Cult Leader, a combination with a vanishingly small probability... not to mention your role, which would be VERY useful for scum and might well be designed as a punisher role) then by all means keep pushing this reasoning. We'll lynch you for it soon enough.

Your reasoning on Katy looks solid, though. I need to take a closer look at her - I remember her bugging me D1 or D2.

----

Since some players have asked, a brief summary of Cult ideas I could see appearing in this game so far:
- Standard punisher cult (ala Bab5: Severed Dreams; see also the Mind Screw 4 memetic cult). This cult has the win condition of convincing other players to do something that usually doesn't happen (in the original version this was to push through a no-lynch; it's been a while, but I vaguely recall this being a mod lynch punisher in addition to the obvious) and recruits players by giving them the Cult's win condition (replacing original win condition is possible, but I consider adding the new win condition as an alternate win condition far more balanced).
- Inquisitor (possible given the number of protections but lack of kills per night argues against it). This is a serial killer who kills, then recruits (in that order) his targets.
- Hypnotist (ala Legacy of the Ancients). This role hypnotizes players (a disguised recruit), then activates its players (fully recruiting them) when a specific gamestate is reach (this can be as simple as "when you use ability X", but I find a trigger tied to the larger game is more balanced) and becomes a Mafia group.
- Modified punisher cult (no precedent). This is an idea I only thought of recently (but makes perfect sense under WWTD?); in this scenario, the cult recruits via a Focus action (i.e, it would have to match worship with its target to recruit successfully). It's a punisher because it would punish players for claiming worship votes. Given what else I've seen in this game, if this is the kind of cult we're dealing with its leader is almost certainly a mortal.

----

On worship:
- Norse is arguable. I don't think ABR can be Mafia given the raj flip (unless he's lying about Fenrir, which doesn't seem right to me) and the manho flip, so if he's scum he's Cult (and I don't think our Cult Leader is Norse, personally) - others may disagree with me, but I think keeping ABR active is a good thing. I ALSO don't want Iecerint's worship ability powered up, so I don't think we should worship Norse today.
- Gou'Ald have two questionable players (Chronopie, Katy) and a Survivor surviving. They would make decent worship candidates, but not much more than that.
- Great Old Ones are a great choice unless you think a second neighborizer (or AdumbroDeus - possible given that kill prevention) is scum.
- Judeo-Christian Angels have no flips so far, item-based powers, and I don't trust ANY of its players (Parama comes closest to trust). I don't want a JCA worship today unless we can relieve them of all their item powers, in which case it should be a safe if not great option.

* - As a game designer, I do love my scum redirectors. This game seems to be Tar inspired. Something to keep in mind.)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
DarkStalker
DarkStalker
Townie
DarkStalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by DarkStalker »

ABR wrote:So I used HTS at the beginning when I knew Norse definitely wouldn't be worshiped and
I figured we could just guess the numbers of each alignment by deduction.
Hang on a sec what do you mean by that last part ABR? Did you just make a slip about something you did?

##########

Iecerint wrote:I think the "prove not Cthulhu" bit, so far as he stated, was just like "I crumbed a different role in QT and someone non-scum (Plum) guessed my role." This is an awful argument that he's "not Cthulhu," (let alone "actually Dream," or whoever it was) because scum probably have fakeclaims.

If something is totally over my head here, please teach me.
Actually IEC, Plum guessed Dream was the cause of the QT we were all in before me or ani even posted in the QT. We crumbed nothing in there and Nikanor can confirm this and Pom can confirm to dram. And she may have said this to orbits aswell given what was said earlier.

##########

ooba wrote:2) "Last thing we discussed was possibility of cults in the game and I didn't really go in depth there as how they could work is currently unknown" - Why would anybody discuss cults before ABR's reveal??
You remember wrongly! in post 964 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:36 pm

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p2305813
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The bad news is that we are dealing with a cult. A "modified cult", to be specific; whatever that means. I suspect this cult is what Spyrex called the Endless.

And it appears that they have recruited last night because there are now 4 neutrals in the game.

There are 15 town, 4 neutrals and 6 scum in this game. Among these players currently in the game, there are 5 alignments in total. That means that besides the town and the mafia, we are dealing with a modified lyncher (likely Tar and DTM), the aforementioned modified cult, and a "modified survivor".

The good news is that if there are only 4 neutrals at the moment, the cult didn't succeed in recruiting anyone yesterday if you do the math.
And DS's first day 2 post was #1054 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 pm

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p2307487
DarkStalker wrote:Hello. I, as I'm sure some of you are, am still awaiting PF's arrival.

@Fate/Iecerint:

SpyreX/ABR said to worship The GOO. If you were watching, you might've noticed that.

--About Mina--

I think, that as our best course if action, is to vote out/remove Mina. There are many things that could be happening (I, for one, think it's possible that Plum may be right and there may be a secret cult. PF and I talked about this before he went V/LA.) There may be any number of reasons why Mina is in Limbo, but I'd rather not leave anthing to chance (I wanted to say Fate SOOOOO badly..) and have this turn ourt badly for us.

vote: Mina
DS's first post during day 2 that involed cults^

Post 1130 by Me, PF
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p2310354
DarkStalker wrote:I should be able to get to reading things tomorrow. I have not even talked to Animorph yet. Last thing we discussed was possibility of cults in the game and I didn't really go in depth there as how they could work is currently unknown. He had more speculative ideas there than i did

Last thing i read in the game was back when i posted on page 32. As my old catchup method did not seem to be very efficent as there are alot more pages to go through again I think what I'll do is on Thursday I'll read from 32 to the end of day 1 figuring out what responses were made to my last post. Then if someone would be so kind as to sum up what has been going on with day 2 and or anything real important in one post sometime this evening or tomorrow morning so I can go over that. Yay I'll just continue with responses to me, said summary, and I'll try to answer any questions people have of me if there are any to begin with there.

Should be settle back into work/real life things after vaca by end of the night so i can get caught up here thursday worst case friday/saturday. See you guys later.
Why did me and ani discuss cults before my V/la? Well earlier I said, we discussed cults in relation to ortolan. And I didn't go further in depth on him, than my last statement which i already explained to you. Ani Speculated on someone recruiting cultists from the replacements list and from players in game as he kinda agreed with some of what i said in our hydra QT about orto. He figured they would have to be able to recruit people in game aswell, since all cults do that.

Ani got his deduction on Mina most likly from Plum in her posts inbetween 964 and 1054.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p2306449
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p2307367
specifically
Plum wrote:Oh please no. Mdnight brainsurge says that Mina got Modified-recruited last Night and that's why she's in Limbo. Maybe I'm just really tired, but it suddenly occurred to me as a possibility.
There I believe I have explained our train of thoughts there. Only one time I mentioned cult in the game before ABR came forward, and i explained it. All other mentions were after he came forward

Also where was the Lovecraft discussion you mentioned you had earlier? I still can't find it. I think you mentioned LoveCraft and Cthulu sometime on day 1 but I can't remember exactly.
ooba wrote:I think I was the first person to mention Cthulhu = cult in the thread. (At least over the last few pages ..
There was a discussion on lovecraft at the beginning of the game - someone could have mentioned the name there
)
Can you point it out?

##########

Fate wrote:"Blah blah blah I'll read the thread and explain myself"

NOT

"Blah blah blah I'll find scum!"

Yeah this lynch is gravy.

FTR I'm lynching animorph not PF put it in the records.
The post before this was 2582. And it was written by PokerFace. I honestly have not talked to animorph since his last post. Which was 2412. I doubt he even knows its day 4

##########

@Nikanor

IEC already stated you acted ignorant about your QT with him. I realize you went in there not entirly by your decision but why be completly ignorant? Did you not realize that QT could be of your design? You also pleaded ignorance originally in my QT when you(nika) questioned PLUM about Orbits and them possibly having a QT. Why did you question them? You obviously weren't suspicious about plum (obv survivor) like you were on IEC

I am going to further review the slip raj made about scum bussing him. I am going to see who was on the wagon before that and see if they could rationally be his scum buddies indeed bussing him.

Snow bunny should give her item to tarhalunder as he is most obv town player in the game right now. There's not really a point in making a list about it given tar's play in the game. I'll read whatever Katy has to say later.
They taped over your mouth, Scribbled out the Truth with their lies, and gave animorpherv and PokerFace a hydra account :)
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Tarhalindur, who exactly are you counting as these protective roles anyhow? The candidates I've got before this last batch of items seem to be totallynotmafia who really should be a doctor (and as far as why we're trusting ooba, he'll be passing the item to someone else tomorrow and would have been doing that now if he could; it wouldn't be worth lying about it), Mina with some sort of protection that's so conditional that it didn't protect SpyreX when she used it on him, Chronopie who's a jailkeer (which at least has a penalty that goes along with it), dramonic with his Limbo ability (which seems to have major drawbacks so far as protection goes as well as the jailkeeper like penalty) and VasudeVa (who needs to arrange things a night in advance and align worship.) The only one of those that's an easy to use, penalty free protection is the doctor. That's the one that would be the most obvious hindrance to your chances and you already had a tough role to win with.

It's also worth noting that ooba's argument about Katy that you say you like pretty much requires believing that a doctor in the hands of the mafia would make your win condition unreasonably hard.

On a related note, Chronopie as scum feels much more likely than totallynotmafia as scum at this point. Not just in terms of abilities but more in terms of what they've done in the game.

Assuming that Albert B. Rampage must be town based on a single, throw away line from manho and the rajrhcpfreak's flip (I assume the two recruiters thing?) seems silly but if you can get Albert B. Rampage to be active (keeping him active would require that) I'm all for it.

@DarkStalker, I first pointed out the flaws in relying on the census to clear rajrhcpfreak and his recruit in Post 2259. You came in as a proponent of the plan in Post 2344 (even though you at the time said you had doubts about Albert B. Rampage.) It is true that you later called for a vote count and said you were planning on voting for rajrhcpreak or totallynotmafia but at that point I think the handwriting for the lynch was already on the wall.

For game mechanics and VasudeVa my watch result was that VasudeVa targeted Night Two. I don't think that any sort of mechanics involving the shift should have been effecting that at the time as SpyreX wasn't a factor. Who if anyone VasudeVa would have been protecting from his night one target might have been but not who he was targeting that night.

@Nikanor, ooba won't be able to pass the item today; tomorrow he'll be getting it to someone (possibly totallynotmafia possibly someone else) but we'll have to wait as the ability to pass that particular item has already been used.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

DS wrote:IEC already stated you acted ignorant about your QT with him. I realize you went in there not entirly by your decision but why be completly ignorant? Did you not realize that QT could be of your design? You also pleaded ignorance originally in my QT when you(nika) questioned PLUM about Orbits and them possibly having a QT. Why did you question them? You obviously weren't suspicious about plum (obv survivor) like you were on IEC
I knew it was my QT. I played ignorant to Iec because I didn't trust him.
Unvote. Vote: Chronopie.

Sure, why not?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
DarkStalker
DarkStalker
Townie
DarkStalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by DarkStalker »

Nikanor wrote:
DS wrote:IEC already stated you acted ignorant about your QT with him. I realize you went in there not entirly by your decision but why be completly ignorant? Did you not realize that QT could be of your design? You also pleaded ignorance originally in my QT when you(nika) questioned PLUM about Orbits and them possibly having a QT. Why did you question them? You obviously weren't suspicious about plum (obv survivor) like you were on IEC
I knew it was my QT. I played ignorant to Iec because I didn't trust him.
Unvote. Vote: Chronopie.

Sure, why not?
That's not what I'm asking nika. I am asking why did you act ignorant to plum in contrast since i don't think you suspected plum at all

I'll read Katy, Tar, and the last post Orbits made tomorrow or thursday and post on them on one of those days. I got to get some sleep for now or I won't be good at work tomorrow.
Beholder
Beholder
Townie
Beholder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Beholder »

Long Day. Posting VC tomorrow.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Fate »

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?
Beholder
Beholder
Townie
Beholder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Beholder »

The Mod. All-Powerful.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Fate »

How....did you... Is that even.

HOw did you....

Edit and repost...d.elatedddddddddd

OH MY GOD

OH
HOLY
HELL

*shits his pants*
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Fate »

HE DID IT AGAIN.

IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THAT RIGHT?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by ooba »

Fate wrote:HE DID IT AGAIN.

IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THAT RIGHT?
I saw it too! Wow, I never knew someone could do that ..

New ability in the new forums. I'm abusing the hell out of it with my new position :P.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Katy »

ooba wrote: This post has so much of fluff in it. (In fact all of it is non-committal ambiguous statements - even the Tar is town has an "almost" in it).

Okay this is the second time someone has claimed a "scumtell" on me for being noncommittal after I specifically posted about a circumstance that made me in need of catching up with the game. The first time was when I was on vacation and got far behind but wanted to respond to some things, and this time - same thing, I was busy for several days and I wanted to get back in the game but needed to reread stuff before I became "committal." If you look back at my posting you can see that I fluctuate when I have less time or more time about how deeply I can look at the game, that's just the way it is, this game is time-consuming. Some days I wish I was Fate and could just come on and post "BLAAAAHBLABLA" and be done with it, but I'm not. Once I look at things closely enough I have no problem committing to who I think is scum and town but when I'm not sure I understand everything yet, of course I'm noncommittal. I'm not the kind of player who just votes for anyone, I have to think about it carefully.

Secondly, I was responding to speculation about game balance and whether it would be balanced to give the mod a doc given that their were lynchers in the game. The mod decides game balance issues before the game starts, so what happened in someone's first post is irrelevant - the mod decided whether roles would be balanced before knowing when people would claim, so that's not a rebuttal to my speculation at all. The speculation that the presence of a lyncher makes a mafia doc too OP assumes that the lyncher would always be known and that a mafia doc would always protect the GF. But I don't know that these two things can be assumed before the game even starts, which is when roles are created.

Now on to my actual reads:

TNM

There wasn't much more here than what I looked at last time. It doesn't seem like he put the greatest amount of thought behind his doc protections and at the beginning of the game he gave off a very "oh I'm clueless!" vibe, but his posting feels genuine to me and in particular his post 2302 and post 2352 have analysis that is really good and if DS is scum, then I'm pretty sure TNM isn't.

VasuVeda

I am looking at him mostly because of the similar/overlapping role claims and because he's been totally off my radar, so it's probably a good idea to take a look while I'm thinking about it. First of all, in looking over the claims, I don't think the ability overlaps are that significant. It seems there are a lot of overlaps and powers that are similar or have similar mechanics. Anyway, if I had to choose between two people with similar powers, I'd rather lynch the claimed miller whose iso was TWELVE PAGES long and really hard to wade through for info and phrases everything in the most ambiguous and unclear manner possible.

As for VV himself, things I noticed are: his persistence about S_B. Right now she is a pretty good tool since town has lots of ways to control her kill so I find someone gunning for her so hard to be suspect.

There's also something a little off about his power - it requires so many circumstances to be right - worship and then the target has to survive the night to get the delayed protect that it seems like it would work better for someone who could communicate with other people than for a regular town player. The way it's described it seems almost random if you could ever get it to actually protect someone.

Not only that, but we know he targeted S_B when he claims to have targeted someone else. Maybe there is a secret redirector in this game, or maybe he is lying about his power. He's been going hard after S_B so there's no way he would protect her unless he was either scum bussing during the day and protecting at night, or if he was actually doing something else with his action besides protecting. None of DarkStalker's explanations make any sense to me - I don't agree with his understanding of the mechanics involved. I also don't feel comfortable with assuming that scum definitely did something when we have no other evidence that scum role exists. VV claims he protected someone and he was observed targeting someone else - someone he would not protect based on his behavior in the game. I think he's lying about something - I think he's lying about what his power does and using a cover that makes it look okay for him to target pro-town players.

Vote: Vasudeva

Darkstalker

DS is really hard to read, some of the posts are extremely long and from what I gathered looking at where individual players of the hydra were referenced, Pokerface feels town and Ani feels scum. All of this Cthulhu stuff feels like absolute nonsense though, and I'm getting the feeling that scumz are creating a huge distraction with this. We have no reason to believe that Cthulhu is in this game except for speculation from day one before we were familiar with flavor for any factions besides those we were personally in.

What's weird about this is that there are plenty of reasons to think DS is scummy. His powers aren't obviously pro-town and it's true that he used the ABR thing as an excuse to get off Raj. There was also his willingness to lynch Mina willy-nilly before. But I find this whole Cthulhu accusation very strange, especially considering we have ample reason to believe he is telling the truth about his role and the question of whether he is scum is independent of that. My vote would be on DarkStalker but for the fact that this last page makes me very worried that scum has drummed up this whole "maybe he's cult and Cthulhu" because they know he's not scum.

FOS: Ooba
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Ok, I'm sending my item to Tarh. If you would be so kindly of hold the lynch till he receives, I'd appreciate it (and I'm sure you would as well.)
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Faraday »

The flavour speculation re: the cult is bad.

The subconcious 'tell you what my role is' speculation re: the cult is good though. I like that quite a lot, and I actually agree with the likelyhood of cult possibly being more fixated on a cult.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Faraday »

New List based on catching up.
2. Faraday
5. dramonic
7. Fate
9. Mighty Orbots
10. Parama
21. Tarhalindur
23. Albatross (replaces Kairyuu
16. Snow_Bunny
18. Mina, returned to the game Day 3.
27. Xmite81 (replaces FlipScythe (replaces Ortolan))
28. DTMaster
Katy's okay I think. Ortolan invesitgation makes little sense for scum I'd think.
Need to re-read the 2 dead scum, though 2 of them being pretty lurky is gah worthy.

ABR's probably still town although his lack of anything is worriesome.
IDK about Nikanor, I don't actually remember a lot he's done and I tend to get him confused with DTMaster anyway so >_>
Chronopie's claim seems ok, still. I think he was trying to use his role in a pro town manner with the claim, so I don't think he's scum. Town here too.
Ooba's interesting. I'm liking some of what he's doing, but a lot of his worship analysis seems to be pointless, and i don't like the recent 'Splitpersonalitystalker = scum b/c of flavour' thing. least i think 'twas ooba brought that up. I'd not be adverse to him dying at all, still better options.

Iec is pretty meh for me. Similar to Nik in that he's possibly scum by POE alone.
Adumbro's been ok. My meta on CMAR says he's prone to doing fucking stupid things regardless of alignment. I'd not oppose a lynch on him but that's about it.

Oh I forgot VV. I need to re-read his claim, it sounded fucking ridiculous I thought lemme be back in a second once I've read it.

So yeah I'm basically working by POE here.
DS/TNM/Nik/Iec seem to all have good shots of being scum. Although I don't think Nik/Iec are scum togethers, didn't Nik neighbourise Iec?
Vote TNM
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 am

Post by ooba »

First of all, everyone is concentrating on what I added as an afterthought to the main argument about why DS is cult.

a) Do you agree that ABR's census was true and there is a cult in this game? If your answer is "yes" or "probably leaning towards yes", move forward.
b) My case is based on the modification of the jeep tell - "People want to tell you their roles". You can call it the ooba tell if you want - "An SK or cult will display a tendency to mention these terms in the post"

c) I never started out hunting for a cult at the start of the day. While ISO'ing DS, I noticed his post about ort mentioned the word "cults" before ABR's reveal. I saw the tell worked in another large game for an SK (ongoing - cant link) and was curious to see
- Who else had mentioned cults before ABR did?
Ans: (CMAR, Mina, Parama, DS, Fate, Nikanor)
- Who else had an abnormal cults:posts ratio?
Ans:
DS - 10 out of 32 posts.
Compare to: Iece - 14 out of 400+ posts. MO - 9 out of 200+ posts.

Source: DS=Cult post.

So that's my case. While I would be extremely disappointed in a non-DS (since I think he's cult) lynch today, I realize there are other scum out there - will proceed with my ISOs again.

Everyone seems to be saying that I was pretty useless apart from Worship voting this game and haven't scum hunted much.
a) First off, although I expected worship analysis to be more useful like catching someone in a direct lie. (Like this post did nearly). However its not a total waste of time - I anticipate its use to increase during endgame.
b) Regarding my scum hunting, this is my first post after my N1 re-read:
Scum
Dark Stalker
dramonic
Parama
Faraday
Percy
Plum (Not sure - due to Greek Mythology history)

Nikanor

rajrhcpfreak
It has two flipped scum and one survivor in it and none of the others have flipped town yet.

P.S: Just now remembered that both dram and Iece apparently found the list "nice"...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”