Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

AlmasterGM wrote:I'M BACK.

Can I get a TL;DR or do I actually have to go do the R part?
If I have to read all this crap, so do you.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

fine brb
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Done with my re-read. This was the biggest thing that caught my eye.
CSL wrote:I didn't call Toogleloo scum.
Yet just two posts before on his ISO showed me this.
CSL wrote:Toogleloo is suspect number 2 for legitimate reasons. Here's one of them.

...words...

Conclusion: NS is scum.
Toogleloo is scum.
Either lynch benefits the town. Those are our targets today. Make your decision.
Note the bold. I'm going to VOTE: CSL as he started to try to get everyone riled up to get Toogleloo and then distance himself from it. This vote is subject to change, but I think this is the way to go. CSL could change my mind with a nice explanation, but this is where it's staying for now.
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I like your reasoning.

unvote

Vote: CSL
....what?

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

Just checking in, I've had a busy last week or so. I will be catching up fully tonight.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Rena »

Toogeloo is an interesting read for me. On one hand, I don't like the condensending attitude that he seems to have in a lot his points, and I certainly don't like how he said he didn't understand the NS case and promptly called it crap, But his vote on Chronopie is a good one (especially since all Chrono could do in response was rolefish). Overall, I'm leaning town.

CSL is town because I've never seen his play this protown, and I really don't like Adrien + NS's recent votehop onto him.

Adrien's catchup post provides an OK point, just not one I find myself agreeing with. Don't like how he decided to comment on a minimum amount of subject matter, though. Don't like the "This vote is subject to change, but I think this is the way to go. CSL could change my mind with a nice explanation, but this is where it's staying for now.", either.

NS's play hasn't changed much, it's just continued mostly the same way. He's starting to look like vigbait to me.

Sharky is his scumbuddies with him because of the small episode of blatantly tunneling, then completely backing off and whispering suspicion of Chrono.

---

Waiting for Zazie, Alamaster, diginova, GhostWriter, MPR, Stabuck, and Mae to start posting. We have plenty of lurkers, it seems >.>

NS, what's so special about Adrien's tell? Did DGB do anything recently to make you pull your vote off her?
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

NS is 100% scum. Just checked out his play as town in some newbie game. It couldnt possibly be more different to his play here.

Confirm Vote: NS

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:14 am

Post by TheLonging »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Your whole interaction with Toogelo. It reeks of confirmation bias. I doubt there's anything Toogelo can say at this point, that you won't find scummy an/or out of wack.
You'd assume wrong. Also that's not pointing out specific examples. I could only barely see attitude in the post I made referring to his claim.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Nobody Special wrote:I like your reasoning.

unvote

Top of the morning, to you, scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:04 am

Post by diginova »

UNVOTE:

The constant back-and-forth between Ani and CSL on pages 7 and 8 is odd. Actually, all of CSL's play is odd, from his insistence to vote NS due to votehopping in RVS to his constant defense of a single vote early in day 1. The fact that he constantly defended an obviously joke vote just strikes me as scum that are too worried about getting a possible wagon on them. He has played in 5 games as scum though, so I'm not sure if it's just his attempt of humor. If it is humor, CSL,
it's getting very old
. Please stop. Also, CSL, in 295, how is Chronopie's "UNVOTE: MS VOTE: NS Why do you hate me?" good posting?

DGB seems to be in the same boat as CSL, constantly trying to drive a point home without any additional evidence. When he and CSL started voting NS, he wasn't that scummy, though NS keeps acting scummier and scummier.

Adrien is almost as non-existent as I am. He's talking about lurking being just a part of the game, just as he is in the process of lurking, even after Rena asked him to contribute in 213. His first quasi-useful post is 327. He's not vanilla, as he wouldn't be confused about the role, but I hope he's not a town PR that outed himself on page 1.

Chronopie has posted absolutely nothing of substance other than a rolefish, but I'm not sure how Rena sees him as scummy. I may be missing something, but I don't see any information to make a case either way on.

With that said, my top 3:
VOTE: Nobody Special
Toogeloo
CSL

Adrian C, AdumbroDeus, SharkFinn, Rena: I can't find too many of your previous games, so how would you describe your play style?

Since this is only my 4th game, I'll also answer my own question. I'd say my playstyle is probably overly cautious; I don't normally place non-RVS votes unless they do something that is overtly scummy or after a fair amount of discussion.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:32 am

Post by CSL »

Adrien C wrote:Done with my re-read. This was the biggest thing that caught my eye.
CSL wrote:I didn't call Toogleloo scum.
Yet just two posts before on his ISO showed me this.
CSL wrote:Toogleloo is suspect number 2 for legitimate reasons. Here's one of them.

...words...

Conclusion: NS is scum.
Toogleloo is scum.
Either lynch benefits the town. Those are our targets today. Make your decision.
Note the bold. I'm going to VOTE: CSL as he started to try to get everyone riled up to get Toogleloo and then distance himself from it. This vote is subject to change, but I think this is the way to go. CSL could change my mind with a nice explanation, but this is where it's staying for now.
Eh, the "I didn't call him scum" was greatly misworded. If I recall, he claimed after the post where I said he was scum. So the quote in question was supposed to be "I called him scum, but he ain't now."

Sorry if I misled you on that. Blame lack of sleep.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Toogeloo »

diginova wrote:UNVOTE:

The constant back-and-forth between Ani and CSL on pages 7 and 8 is odd. Actually, all of CSL's play is odd, from his insistence to vote NS due to votehopping in RVS to his constant defense of a single vote early in day 1. The fact that he constantly defended an obviously joke vote just strikes me as scum that are too worried about getting a possible wagon on them. He has played in 5 games as scum though, so I'm not sure if it's just his attempt of humor. If it is humor, CSL,
it's getting very old
. Please stop. Also, CSL, in 295, how is Chronopie's "UNVOTE: MS VOTE: NS Why do you hate me?" good posting?

DGB seems to be in the same boat as CSL, constantly trying to drive a point home without any additional evidence. When he and CSL started voting NS, he wasn't that scummy, though NS keeps acting scummier and scummier.

Adrien is almost as non-existent as I am. He's talking about lurking being just a part of the game, just as he is in the process of lurking, even after Rena asked him to contribute in 213. His first quasi-useful post is 327. He's not vanilla, as he wouldn't be confused about the role, but I hope he's not a town PR that outed himself on page 1.

Chronopie has posted absolutely nothing of substance other than a rolefish, but I'm not sure how Rena sees him as scummy. I may be missing something, but I don't see any information to make a case either way on.

With that said, my top 3:
VOTE: Nobody Special
Toogeloo
CSL

Adrian C, AdumbroDeus, SharkFinn, Rena: I can't find too many of your previous games, so how would you describe your play style?

Since this is only my 4th game, I'll also answer my own question. I'd say my playstyle is probably overly cautious; I don't normally place non-RVS votes unless they do something that is overtly scummy or after a fair amount of discussion.
Interesting that your three suspicions are the most voted players thus far. But what I really detest is that you even state that Chronopie is useless and rolefishes, but you don't see him as scummy even though someone else does.

Don't think I didn't forget about you catching up for several hours and now you place a post today, far after your catch up phase, that pretty much defends Chronopie and sheeps the vocal majority.

I am of the opinion that Chronopie and diginova are scum buds at this point.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Battle Mage wrote:NS is 100% scum. Just checked out his play as town in some newbie game. It couldnt possibly be more different to his play here.

Confirm Vote: NS

BM
To be fair, I play entirely different in Newbie games (I'm either playing as IC or SE) than I do in non-newbie games. This, therefore, is a total and complete null-tell.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:I like your reasoning.

unvote

Top of the morning, to you, scum.
What in the bloody hell have I ever done to you?

Oh, wait. Nothing. That's right.

unvote

Vote: DGB
....what?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:44 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
Unvote
Vote: TheLonging

Attitude much??
OK, what? You just voted CSL for a (more) solid reason. Why is attitude so convincing?
It isn't, but why so worried about?

Not worried, but confused.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:30 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Toogeloo wrote:
TheLonging wrote:Oh, I'm sorry, let me go find Chronopie and force him to post in the topic. He hasn't given me any reason to remove my vote, nor has shown himself to face his accuser. I suppose I could sit here and rehash over and over various ways I don't like him, but what would be the point?

You accused other people who are active on the topic, and I gave a perfectly good question in regards to dripping goofball.

Pro-tip, it's more useful to town to ask for clarification, and then build a case based around clarification.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not doing all the work for you, same username. Feel free to meta, that goes for everyone.

Question, why are you fishing for people's estimations of their own meta?

What do you expect that summarizing your meta will do for you?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

EBWOP: Bad formating, here's what I meant.

Toogeloo wrote:]Oh, I'm sorry, let me go find Chronopie and force him to post in the topic. He hasn't given me any reason to remove my vote, nor has shown himself to face his accuser. I suppose I could sit here and rehash over and over various ways I don't like him, but what would be the point?

You accused other people who are active on the topic, and I gave a perfectly good question in regards to dripping goofball.

Pro-tip, it's more useful to town to ask for clarification, and then build a case based around clarification.

diginova wrote:Adrian C, AdumbroDeus, SharkFinn, Rena: I can't find too many of your previous games, so how would you describe your play style?

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not doing all the work for you, same username. Feel free to meta, that goes for everyone.

Question, why are you fishing for people's estimations of their own meta?

What do you expect that summarizing your meta will do for you?[/quote]
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:38 am

Post by TheLonging »

Because he thinks that with meta we're going to be able to see who's scum?
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:49 am

Post by diginova »

AdumbroDeus wrote:Question, why are you fishing for people's estimations of their own meta?
What do you expect that summarizing your meta will do for you?
I wasn't expecting it to be for you to estimate your own meta. I actually do not like meta as a tell either way; the way people post changes, especially with experience and I have seen too many false meta lynches. I just wanted to know an overall view of your playstyle as a whole, regardless of alignment. Thus my reply to my own question. If you're someone who is cautious and only places votes after careful consideration, you being on someone's wagon lends more weight to your case than if you are impulsive and vote on the slightest tell.
Toogeloo wrote:Interesting that your three suspicions are the most voted players thus far. But what I really detest is that you even state that Chronopie is useless and rolefishes, but you don't see him as scummy even though someone else does.

Don't think I didn't forget about you catching up for several hours and now you place a post today, far after your catch up phase, that pretty much defends Chronopie and sheeps the vocal majority.

I am of the opinion that Chronopie and diginova are scum buds at this point.
I'm sorry, I was catching up to my other games and classwork. "Re-reading now" is my standard reply that I am following the thread and will get to it.

How did I defend Chronopie? I said that he's a null tell since he has provided almost no information up until this point. As I said, I am probably overly cautious, and will not say that someone is scummy just because they are lurking.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:55 am

Post by diginova »

EBWOP:

After looking through the thread again, that last post by Toogeloo is scummy for me. How are you and Rena the "vocal majority"? I know you think Chronopie is scum, but it doesn't mean that everyone that doesn't vote for him is scum.

In light of that, you move up to share the top spot, so I'm going to
UNVOTE:
and then
FOS: Nobody Special
and
FOS: Toogeloo
as a replacement.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

diginova wrote:I wasn't expecting it to be for you to estimate your own meta. I actually do not like meta as a tell either way; the way people post changes, especially with experience and I have seen too many false meta lynches. I just wanted to know an overall view of your playstyle as a whole, regardless of alignment. Thus my reply to my own question. If you're someone who is cautious and only places votes after careful consideration, you being on someone's wagon lends more weight to your case than if you are impulsive and vote on the slightest tell.
That's still a type of meta, meta isn't just alignment, it's somebody's overall approach to the game.

You also have yet to answer my other question, "what do you think that telling others your meta will do for you"?

You implied an answer, but I'd like a solid one.

TheLonging wrote:Because he thinks that with meta we're going to be able to see who's scum?
Why are you answering the question for him?

Questions are powerful, I asked this question because I saw a couple of possible scummy reasons for it, and other people answering doesn't help me get a read on him.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 am

Nobody Special wrote:What in the bloody hell have I ever done to you?

unvote

Maybe next game, you'll get a townie PM.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Nobody Special »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:What in the bloody hell have I ever done to you?

unvote

Maybe next game, you'll get a townie PM.
Relevant
....what?

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Toogeloo »

diginova wrote:How did I defend Chronopie? I said that he's a null tell since he has provided almost no information up until this point. As I said, I am probably overly cautious, and will not say that someone is scummy just because they are lurking.
diginova wrote: Chronopie has posted absolutely nothing of substance other than a rolefish, but I'm not sure how Rena sees him as scummy. I may be missing something, but I don't see any information to make a case either way on.
You are defend him by stating you see no case to present that others do. That is a defense. You even agree with the fact that he is lurkish, he rolefished, and yet you do not think it is scummy and disagree with Rena. Doing so is a defense that you do not find him scummy, unless you carefully veiled it to mean that you find him scummy but not for the same reasons Rena does.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:37 am

Nobody Special wrote:Relevant
Did I wander into the War in Iraq/Afghanistan thread?

diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 am

Post by diginova »

AdumbroDeus wrote:You also have yet to answer my other question, "what do you think that telling others your meta will do for you"?

You implied an answer, but I'd like a solid one.
Telling people how I play mafia will allow others to know how I operate in-game, since I have only played in a few games on site, and helps explain how my logic works since there are no other sources for it.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”