Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Zang »

Votecount-

chihuahua0 - 3 - (youngminii, AClockworkMelon, MagnaofIllusion) (L-4)
AWA - 1 - (Tasky) (L-6)
RetroAudio - 1 - (Untrod Tripod) (L-6)
Lemon - 1 - (Mindgamer) (L-6)
nopointinactingup - 1 - (chihuahua0) (L-6)
AClockworkMelon - 2 - (Equinox, nopointinactingup) (L-5)
Tasky - 1 - (RetroAudio) (L-6)

Not Voting: AWA, Lemon

7 to lynch

Deadline is July 20 at 9:00 pm EDT

AWA has requested replacement
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Tasky »

AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Second Self-Inconsistancy (
in relation to actual game issues
) is a huge scum-tell IMO. Going out of your way to point out the spelling errors in the sample PM while yourself using h8 in place of hate (along with other issues) is being self-inconsistent. Regardless I don't feel it is anything other than a way to generate discussion in this case.
well... I do agree with you that self-inconsistancy is a huge scum-tell,
but if and only if it's related to the game itself
... not if it is related to something like grammar.
just wanted to point out that logical fallacy, done on purpose or not
Tasky wrote:So for now:
UNVOTE: Lemon
VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Tasky points out a logical fallacy where there isn't any and votes because of it.
Tasky's Vote Count: 2
the logical fallacy was there... he was saying inconsistency is always a scum-tell, I answered that it's one only if it's related to actual game issues
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:Tasky - Seconding Magna's confusion as to your voting for him for saying
exactly
what you said.
the vote was more like symbolic... I don't have any clear ideas yet, so I am just throwing around my vote and see what happens and what reactions I get
Oh. Right. His vote was
symbolic
. :roll:
if you compare the reasons for the vote to the reasons of the votes before and after it, you'll see that your post is nonsense...
I didn't think that small fallacy was a scum-tell... but it's better to vote for a small error than for a random reason
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
chihuahua0 wrote:My Chihuahuas conform this by faxing
a kitty
to Zang's bunny. Many are outraged.

Be careful, this is my first game out of the newbie forums.
UNVOTE: MagnaofIllusion

VOTE: chihuahua0

because I absolutely did not get what you said in that first line of yours :?
Apparently we've regressed to the RVS.
Tasky's Vote Count: 3
hmmm... maybe that's because that post
was
in RVS... please read the game-thread before posting bullshit
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
UNVOTE: chihuahua0
VOTE: Mindgamer

for trying to form bandwagons
Tasky's Vote Count: 4

AClockworkMelon wrote:
youngminii wrote:I dunno, it looks like Tasky's just rapidly switching targets. He's already voted for 4 different people so far.
I make my opinion known.
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:I'm definitely going to vote RetroAudio now... for totally dodging my questions:
UNVOTE: Mindgamer
VOTE: RetroAudio
Tasky's Vote Count: 5
this is my first serious vote... I thought RetroAudio is scum (I still think so) and explained why here and here
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
AWA:
please post
!!

@mod:
please replace AWA, he/she hasn't posted anything at all in this game...

I'll UNVOTE: RetroAudio
VOTE: AWA
lurkers are not accepted in this game
Why would you vote for someone for lurking while asking for them to be replaced?
Tasky's Vote Count: 6
I didn't put pressure off RetroAudio... still want to lynch him... but since right now the wagon isn't picking up, I want to get AWA posting... so I vote for him/her... if he/she get's replaced, good... otherwise he/she has to die (so I think others should vote for AWA right now)
AClockworkMelon wrote:
I don't think Tasky's eclectic playstyle is helpful at all. Even if he does find legitimately scummy behavior it's quickly forgotten so that he can nonsensically vote for someone else a few posts later. He'll argue that there's a method to his madness but I the method is broken. Your vote counts for absolutely no pressuring power when people know that you change it at the drop of a hat. Noncommittal behavior, pointless voting, etc, it's all there. But wait. I already had my FOS on Tasky.

Excuse me if I don't feel like saying what's already been said. People are aware of Tasky's behavior without my making this giant post about it.
the first 4 votes were RVS... nothing serious, you are right there...
the other two are totally serious
and by the way, I play as I like, I'm not going to change my playing-style just because you say so...
AClockworkMelon wrote:Noncommittal behavior, pointless voting, etc, it's all there. But wait. I already had my FOS on Tasky.
wowowo... let's recall your FoS post:
AClockworkMelon wrote:I'm going to mimic Minii's vote on Chihuahua and his FOS on Tasky.

VOTE: Chihuahua
which was mimicing this post:
youngminii wrote:^ Big scumtell. You didn't give any new information, all you did was recycle information and jump on an already existing bandwagon.

FoS: Tasky

Still keeping my chihuahua vote though.
1. I did not recycle information... if you really think so, I want you to quote each one of my posts and link to the post were that information already showed up
2. this is much worse: you accused me for recycling information and how did you do that?
copying another player's (youngminii's) post
... now,
that's
recycling information and jumping on bandwagons (FoS-wagons in this case)
if you want other examples of the same thing, there here are more:
first one
second one
so, shouldn't you FoS yourself by that reasoning?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Tasky »

oh... I just saw AWA requested replacement...
no need to keep my vote then...

I don't know whether AClockworkMelon is scum, but even if he isn't his play is definitely harming town (not expressing opinions, not reading thread carefully, etc)
so, I'll put my 7th vote on him:
UNVOTE: AWA
VOTE: AClockworkMelon
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Equinox »

You had your suspicions raised because of two posts from chihuahua0, yet you did not mention this when you voted him. All you said was you were going to copy youngminii's vote and FoS. Why?
AClockworkMelon wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:
youngminii wrote:I dunno, it looks like Tasky's just rapidly switching targets. He's already voted for 4 different people so far.
I make my opinion known.
Is this QFT from you representative of your opinion of this game?

You've made only one case against one player, and you did not deliver that case against Equinox we awaited. Worse, you picked a very easy target. Normally, I don't find that as big of a scum tell as others do, but when coupled with your active lurking, it's one big, black mark on your file.
AClockworkMelon wrote:Excuse me if I don't feel like saying what's already been said. People are aware of Tasky's behavior without my making this giant post about it.
You had no problem "saying what's already been said" before. Why hesitate when it came to accusing Tasky?

tl;dr: No.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Zang »

Chevre replaces AWA
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Post by AClockworkMelon »

Tasky wrote:the logical fallacy was there... he was saying inconsistency is always a scum-tell, I answered that it's one only if it's related to actual game issues
Are you blind or are you being intentionally disingenuous? It's right there in the quoted text. He was saying that inconsistency was a scumtell
if it's related to game issues
Tasky wrote:if you compare the reasons for the vote to the reasons of the votes before and after it, you'll see that your post is nonsense...
I didn't think that small fallacy was a scum-tell... but it's better to vote for a small error than for a random reason
Again, I'm just going to roll my eyes at
symbolic
voting. See? -> :roll: Btw, there was no small error. Yet again (all together now), he said that inconsistency is only a scumtell if it's related to game issues- exactly the same thing as you said.

Tasky wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:Apparently we've regressed to the RVS.
was
"2+2=4"
"Maybe that's because 2+2=4, please read the equation before posting bullshit."
Tasky wrote:by the way, I play as I like, I'm not going to change my playing-style just because you say so...
Don't worry, Mr Internet Tough Guy, no one is asking you to change your playstyle.

Unvote

VOTE: Tasky
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 am

Tasky wrote:not reading thread carefully
Lul.
Equinox wrote:You've made only one case against one player
Lul.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:58 am

Post by Tasky »

AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:the logical fallacy was there... he was saying inconsistency is always a scum-tell, I answered that it's one only if it's related to actual game issues
Are you blind or are you being intentionally disingenuous? It's right there in the quoted text. He was saying that inconsistency was a scumtell
if it's related to game issues
Tasky wrote:if you compare the reasons for the vote to the reasons of the votes before and after it, you'll see that your post is nonsense...
Again, I'm just going to roll my eyes at
symbolic
voting. See? -> :roll: Btw, there was no small error. Yet again (all together now), he said that inconsistency is only a scumtell if it's related to game issues- exactly the same thing as you said.
yeah... but then he went on to say: "Going out of your way to point out the spelling errors in the sample PM while yourself using h8 in place of hate (along with other issues) is being self-inconsistent." and this is not related to actual game issues...
but magna already cleared this issue... I still don't think that was a scum-tell, only a slight misunderstanding (maybe on my side)...
as I said I voted because there was nothing better at that moment
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
was
"2+2=4"
I don't get this...could you make your point a little more explicit?
you attacked me because I "regressed to the RVS" so I pointed out that it actually was RVS. since it seems like you didn't understand that I thought that you might not have read the game thread well enough... attacking without reading definitely is a scum-tell
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
chihuahua0
chihuahua0
Townie
chihuahua0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:29 am

Post by chihuahua0 »

Wow, there seem to be a relationship between Tasky and AClockworkMelon. Relationships usually means scum, or masons.

I bet scum, but it would be rash for me to vote for one of them right now.
Show
Love the Chihuahua...
Or the Teddy Bear Gets It!
VOTE: Teddy Bear

Anyone who thinks I am a wagon is a Robloxianist. Period.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Back from my 4th of July Family activities –
Retro wrote:Alternatively, someone who has no votes.
Why, if the vote is arbitrary, would it matter if said vote recipient had a vote already or not? This is the sort of caution embodied by Mafia, not Town.
Retro wrote:Tasky, you are attacking players based on their answers to the question, specially those who has thinks you are a scum. Don't you think this is something?
Aside from the grammatical issues that render this post mainly incomprehensible I ask you – why is attacking players based on answers scummy? Mafia is a game of information and motive.
Chi wrote: This is a test question, and almost any answer I use here will be used against me. No answer.
As stated above regarding Retro this is a level of caution that I find indicative of scum.
Chi wrote:I would join a pressure wagon, if there is countless evindence that the person is scum. But I won't self-hammer myself, unless I'm a jester (which is considered an unhonorable role, so it's not likely I'd ever be a jester).
The idea behind a pressure wagon is to provide evidence that someone is scummy via response. So your assertion that you’d only join that type of wagon after evidence is provided makes no sense.

What relevance does your self-hammering statement have to the question? Are you stating you are scummy and worthy of a vote? And what about the “unhonorable” nature of a jester role makes it unlikely you would not randomly be assigned the role?
Chi wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have any vaild reasons to vote for any of the wagons right now. But it seems like you are leaning towards Lemon, am I right? (I might be wrong).
So you aren’t going to scum-hunt. Gotcha. Also, your pandering for a direction to place you vote is also noted.
Chi wrote:Wow, there seem to be a relationship between Tasky and AClockworkMelon. Relationships usually means scum, or masons.

I bet scum, but it would be rash for me to vote for one of them right now.
We are over a week real-time into the game. Voting based on something you see as solid evidence would not be rash. You’d rather have a RVS vote hanging on someone (which you admitted your vote on NoPoint is) rather than vote for someone you think is scummy? This is further caution that I feel is unwarranted.

And please elaborate on what “relationship” you think you are seeing between ACM and Tasky.
ACM wrote:I'm going to mimic Minii's vote on Chihuahua and his FOS on Tasky.

Scummy.
ACM wrote:Maybe you're looking for an easy lynch but I don't think you'll find one here.
This post basically acknowledges that you are active lurking. Asserting that you are playing in a scummy fashion isn’t a valid defence against a case.

Furthermore I don’t like that your post with content at 174 only comes after you’ve been called out for active lurking. Reactive play is a scum-tell in my book.
NoPoint wrote:I would do the same seeing as to how fast the Chi wagon seems to be moving despite its flawed evidence.
1. Three votes over 5 real life days hardly qualifies as a fast wagon. Why are you attempting to paint it as such?
2. Please provide support for your assertion that evidence against Chi is flawed. I’ve yet to see anything directed at him that is qualifies as flawed. You yourself point out in 157 that Chi is not approaching the questions from a Town perspective.
NoPoint wrote:This is not how it works Tasky, you haven't even given Chi a chance. The fact that you're trying to take the easy road to get somebody quicklynched really bothers me.
Another post that uses tainted language in an attempt to discredit someone. Chi has hardly been the target of a quicklynch. In fact that heavy defence of his scummy play by multiple players indicates quite the opposite.
Lemon wrote:What I am saying is that kill him through lynch. Perhaps he may lead us astray with his newbiness, but more likely, it intuitively feels more like newb Townie mistakes than anything. Are you going to policy kill him on this basis?
Your inherent assumption that invalidates this entire line of questioning is that Chi is Town. Unless you know for certain that fact your continual efforts to paint his scummy play as “Newb” (which once again IS NOT AN ALIGNMENT) and to paint any attempt to lynch him as a “Policy lynch” are at best Anti-Town.
Lemon wrote:So Mafia can't act incredibly or out of the ordinarily active to trick the town?
Can you substantiate that my activity in this game is “out of the ordinary”? If not you are simply using the “Too Townie” fallacy, which is scummy.
Lemon wrote:I see it as instead of possibly getting rid of a scum, or focusing our suspicions elsewhere, we focus on his newb play.
More unfounded statements.

1. How again is focusing on Chi’s scummy behaviour not scum-hunting?
2. Can you support the inference that I’m focusing solely on Chi? You are attempting to portray my play as Tunneling.
Lemon wrote:But in the best case, we get a scum. I think we should push for the best case.
Yet your posts to the point of Post 155 consist of defending Chi and doing some awkward attack on me. You aren’t even voting for anyone. If you truly believed what you said you would be making a case and actively voting for someone.
Lemon wrote:Except, the Mafia knows who their enemies are. Hence they probably could have influenced all the L-5 wagons, thus making them less random.
You keep stating that the Mafia “knows who their enemies are” as if it is not inherent game knowledge. Why?
Lemon wrote:And honestly, at the "1> Are you Scum?" question to Chihuahua, stop overplaying it. I would bet that regardless of what answer, you guys would pick it apart. If he said he was townie or no, there would probably be some convoluted method to determine that he's lying and convict him on that basis.
This post is mind-boggling. Are you saying if he has said “No, I’m not scum” he would be attacked for that? You are so tied to your defense of Chi at this point you can’t rationally separate yourself from the argument. You are pre-judging others based on theoretically actions that never happened.

I’m going to flat out ask you (and the expected uproar over “Role-Fishing” be damned) if you have any concrete reason why you know Chi is Town.
Equinox wrote:Further, I'm getting the feeling that the chihuahua0 wagon is scum-driven. He's a ridiculously easy target, and I'm seeing some signs of a policy lynch going on. That doesn't sit well with me.
Scum driven wagon? Hmmm. At the time of this post Chi has exact three votes – myself, ACM, and Young. Which of these players is scum and why?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:00 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Follow-up post for those ‘afraid” of Walls-o-Text.

At this point I’m fairly certain that a good number of scum will be found among Chi, Lemon, ACM, and Retro.

Chi continues to post in a scummy fashion.
Lemon continues to defend Chi as opposed to scum-hunting. I also don’t like that his vote has been inactive this long.
ACM’s reaction to the active lurking accusation tweaks my interest.
Retro’s reactions to the pressure aren’t Town in my eyes.

@Chevre and Mindgamer
– Your slots need more content from them, stat.

I don’t see a reason to move my vote from Chi at the moment.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:15 am

Tasky wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
was
"2+2=4"
you attacked me because I "regressed to the RVS" so I pointed out that it actually was RVS. since it seems like you didn't understand that I thought that you might not have read the game thread well enough... attacking without reading definitely is a scum-tell
You keep insisting that I haven't read the thread. I assure you that I have. You said that you'd voted for Magna for a reason. If you have a reason to vote for someone that means your vote isn't random. But you later went back to random voting. That's all that I pointed out. I really don't understand why you're making a big deal out of this point.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:16 am

And to Magna, I never agreed with anyone that I was behaving scummily.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Tasky »

AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Tasky wrote:
was
"2+2=4"
You keep insisting that I haven't read the thread. I assure you that I have. You said that you'd voted for Magna for a reason. If you have a reason to vote for someone that means your vote isn't random. But you later went back to random voting. That's all that I pointed out. I really don't understand why you're making a big deal out of this point.
ah, I finally understand your point...
now I can answer to it:
I went back to a random vote, since MoI cleared the issue so it was worthless insisting on that point... and since there still was no usable evidence and we were still in RVS, I cast another random vote...
I insisted you didn't read the post because I thought you thought that vote was not in the RVS (which is obviously wrong)

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

AClockworkMelon... I'd still like to see a comment to this:
Tasky wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:Noncommittal behavior, pointless voting, etc, it's all there. But wait. I already had my FOS on Tasky.
AClockworkMelon wrote:I'm going to mimic Minii's vote on Chihuahua and his FOS on Tasky.

youngminii wrote:^ Big scumtell. You didn't give any new information, all you did was recycle information and jump on an already existing bandwagon.

1. I did not recycle information... if you really think so, I want you to quote each one of my posts and link to the post were that information already showed up
2. this is much worse: you accused me for recycling information and how did you do that?
... now,
that's
first one
second one
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

MagnaofIllusion wrote:At this point I’m fairly certain that a good number of scum will be found among Chi, Lemon, ACM, and Retro.
I totally agree... therefore I'd like to suggest something
Lemon -> RetroAudio -> chihuahua0 -> AClockworkMelon -> Lemon
I'd like everyone of you four to post an
in-depth
ISO-analysis of the player following you in this list
by in-depth I really mean what I said... I want you to comment on every post (if the post is a null tell, comment to it anyway and just say so) and add an evaluation from -1 to +1 to each post (with -1 being scummiest, +1 being towniest, 0 being a null-tell)...
then of course I want you to do the sums and post a concluding comment
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Tasky »

I just noted that Untrod Tripod isn't posting since friday...
@mod:
please prod him
Untrod, if you read this, post! (I expect a large catch-up post...)

and obviously I agree with this:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Chevre and Mindgamer
– Your slots need more content from them, stat.
I expect a catch-up post from both of you, especially Chevre (since AWA hasn't posted nothing at all so far)

PS: I know it has already been said, but I really think we need those posts, so I insist
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Tasky wrote:AClockworkMelon... I'd still like to see a comment to this:
Tasky wrote:

... now,
that's
first one
second one
I was mimicking his vote and FOS, not his reasoning verbatim.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Tasky »

AClockworkMelon wrote:I was mimicking his vote and FOS, not his reasoning verbatim.
and what do you think about the reasoning?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Tasky wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:I was mimicking his vote and FOS, not his reasoning verbatim.
and what do you think about the reasoning?
I'm aware of the irony, yes.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Tasky »

and what do you think about my idea on you, lemon, retro and chihuahua?

quoting my own post:
Tasky wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:At this point I’m fairly certain that a good number of scum will be found among Chi, Lemon, ACM, and Retro.
I totally agree... therefore I'd like to suggest something
Lemon -> RetroAudio -> chihuahua0 -> AClockworkMelon -> Lemon
I'd like everyone of you four to post an
in-depth
ISO-analysis of the player following you in this list
by in-depth I really mean what I said... I want you to comment on every post (if the post is a null tell, comment to it anyway and just say so) and add an evaluation from -1 to +1 to each post (with -1 being scummiest, +1 being towniest, 0 being a null-tell)...
then of course I want you to do the sums and post a concluding comment
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Zang »

I'm prodding Mindgamer, Untrod Tripod and RetroAudio.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been hampered by professional and person concerns, but it's mostly good now. I've been keeping up with reading the thread and I have to say that I'm pretty mesmerized by the arguments between ACM, Tasky and Chi. I'm finding that I'm thinking either Chi or RA is scum (or possibly both, but probably one). I will make a more in-depth post within a little bit, but I wanted to let you guys know I'm here and have been reading.
Lemon
Lemon
Townie
Lemon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Lemon »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Lemon wrote:What I am saying is that kill him through lynch. Perhaps he may lead us astray with his newbiness, but more likely, it intuitively feels more like newb Townie mistakes than anything. Are you going to policy kill him on this basis?
Your inherent assumption that invalidates this entire line of questioning is that Chi is Town. Unless you know for certain that fact your continual efforts to paint his scummy play as “Newb” (which once again IS NOT AN ALIGNMENT) and to paint any attempt to lynch him as a “Policy lynch” are at best Anti-Town.
Newb is not an alignment, but it can reflect how a person acts. Acting newb is different from acting scum, and basically policy lynching doesn't help us. Unless you find it does help, or can conclusively rule out newb from scum.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Lemon wrote:So Mafia can't act incredibly or out of the ordinarily active to trick the town?
Can you substantiate that my activity in this game is “out of the ordinary”? If not you are simply using the “Too Townie” fallacy, which is scummy.
You have the most posts (which is kind of a null argument), but you also have attacked the most people, and very early for insignificant slights.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Lemon wrote:I see it as instead of possibly getting rid of a scum, or focusing our suspicions elsewhere, we focus on his newb play.
More unfounded statements.

1. How again is focusing on Chi’s scummy behaviour not scum-hunting?
2. Can you support the inference that I’m focusing solely on Chi? You are attempting to portray my play as Tunneling.
1. Over-focusing on basically the easiest target in this entire game. Especially as metagame shows he's really newb.
2. I'm not saying that you're tunneling. I'm saying that we're focusing on him, because he's an easy target.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Lemon wrote:But in the best case, we get a scum. I think we should push for the best case.
Yet your posts to the point of Post 155 consist of defending Chi and doing some awkward attack on me. You aren’t even voting for anyone. If you truly believed what you said you would be making a case and actively voting for someone.
I am uncertain at best at your intentions. I would just like to be wary of whom to trust, and would like others to have the same wariness.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Lemon wrote:Except, the Mafia knows who their enemies are. Hence they probably could have influenced all the L-5 wagons, thus making them less random.
You keep stating that the Mafia “knows who their enemies are” as if it is not inherent game knowledge. Why?
Some people forget this knowledge. You can probably tell Chihuahua has.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Lemon wrote:And honestly, at the "1> Are you Scum?" question to Chihuahua, stop overplaying it. I would bet that regardless of what answer, you guys would pick it apart. If he said he was townie or no, there would probably be some convoluted method to determine that he's lying and convict him on that basis.
This post is mind-boggling. Are you saying if he has said “No, I’m not scum” he would be attacked for that? You are so tied to your defense of Chi at this point you can’t rationally separate yourself from the argument. You are pre-judging others based on theoretically actions that never happened.
Because people still act like people, and many have attacked him over seemingly innocuous things. I don't think prejudging based upon what I have seen so far is outlandish.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m going to flat out ask you (and the expected uproar over “Role-Fishing” be damned) if you have any concrete reason why you know Chi is Town.
No. There is no concrete reason why Chi is Mafia either outside of supposition. Interpreting newb play as scum play doesn't benefit the town.

Additional @ Magna
I don't find anybody terribly suspicious, YET. I don't like randomly throwing down my vote on the slightest suspicion or twitch.
And... I am admittedly not that great at scum-hunting. But simultaneously, I don't agree with the idea that throwing down accusations is beneficial to the town.
Lemon
Lemon
Townie
Lemon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Post by Lemon »

Post by post on RA it goes.

RVS

RVS.

Busy post
Another one

Busy, probably real life so insignificant.

Brings some interesting questions, though mostly innocuous.

For role, I wouldn't extract too much out. It's the truth, and it doesn't serve a purpose, it just makes it clear they like being Mafia, which is not an indicator of existing alignment.
The playstyle is interesting, but I overanalyzing it seems to have no purpose.
Arbitrary vote- um wat.
Bandwagons, a repeat statement, but Mindgamer's statement is good.
Vague answer, perhaps to avoid it, but not indicative of scumminess.
RetroAudio wrote:
Tasky wrote:scum really likes to jump on other peoples bandwagons
Actually, the scum will try to break bandwagons if it makes good points. They will and will like the town going nuts. Deal with that fact. Bandwagons isn't the same with
"FUCK YES! LET'S LYNCH HIM".

It's extracting information, applying pressure, getting reactions and an emotion depressant.
Tasky wrote:Tell me why "too inquiring" is a bad thing
Too inquiring
is synonymous to
obvious pointless defensiveness
if it is used to point out
Day 1:
RVS
behaviour. Now how is it a bad thing? hmm.
Tasky wrote:could you please explain this point a little better?
I answered the question with a smile on my face, without thinking of any better term to describe it. You may ask Mindgamer about how I really play, lol.
1st point, yes, it's a valid point.
Somewhat valid point, but not immediately scummy due to somewhat validity.
An evasive response towards a question, suspicious.

Similarly evasive, avoiding the question.

Similarly evasive, but also somewhat due to a quote misunderstanding or such?
RetroAudio wrote:answer what?
Post #135, very suspicious. Feigning idiocy, probably avoiding the question at hand. Also confusing grammatically, although it seems less scummy and more grammar fail.

Proves suspicious, but one word answer doesn't give much towards analysis.

What I can glean from his posts is that he is evading the questions, perhaps avoiding leaking information.
The next thing I can glean is that through his metagame, he's playing a game elsewhere, but avoiding this game, perhaps actively lurking.
But none of this seems like a solid conviction, although it is suspicious.
Lemon
Lemon
Townie
Lemon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Lemon »

EBWOP, 3rd sentence of #135 was intended for #133
RetroAudio
RetroAudio
Townie
RetroAudio
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:07 am

Post by RetroAudio »

Lemon, it wouldn't hurt if someone would actually quote the question that "I was evading". I never got that.
That fucking cat is the one thinking for me.
Now you know where I get the clever retorts from.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”