Newbie 955 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Cirno »

kingcod (2) Cirno, redtail896
Cirno (1) kyle99
Me=Weird (1) Exemption
(No vote) LobsterCatapult, kingcod, Me=Weird
7 alive; 4 votes lynch. Day ends 7 July UTC.
Me=Weird wrote:Why is king your only candidate? Why wouldn't you be at least okay with a lynch of kyle, whom you have expressed strong suspicion on?
In my opinion, while Kyle may or may not be scum, Kingcod is definitely scum. Keeping that in mind, even if Kyle is scum and makes it to day 3, I think he is less likely to talk his way out of a lynch than Kingcod, which makes Kingcod the bigger threat. Finally, lynching Kyle would mean starting a bandwagon on a player that currently has
no
votes on him and hasn't had any all day for only a single reason. It would be easy for scum to take advantage of such a situation. If kyle flips town and scum voted on the wagon they couldn't really be questioned about it ("Kyle's vote was scummy and it was deadline!"), and if kyle flips scum and scum voted on the wagon, they could point at their vote as evidence of their innocence. There is no advantage to lynching Kyle over Kingcod. In fact, there is no advantage to lynching
anyone
over Kingcod.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

hey, im back, ive skimmed the posts thus far and realize that i have a few things to address, also that adaham has been replaced, thanks for replacing kyle99:)

basically i think that cirno is town, just if basically helping stir the pot a bit and helping shed light on more people than just kingcod. i suppose this point can be seen as a bit strange at first considering that cirno has basically been calling for the lynch of kingcod since she replaced ray. however, she also stirred the pot with adaham. i am leaning town on cirno, but if (big if) kingcod flips town, a like what redtail has said, im going to have to re-evaluate my notions on a lot of players here.

basically my assumptions for today would be that kingcod is scum. he must go. i think he has done a lot of contradictions in his posts, i still dont like his no lynch d1, i didnt like his hoopla vote, and i dont like how he appears to be deflecting attention from himself. also to be known... im still not sold on exemption being the actual cop, considering that he has also gone a bit awol, not that i can really judge however considering im working an am out of town more than i thought this summer. i dont think that redtail is scum, and i am in-between with adaham/kyle and me=weird. me -wierd has been providing more content which is nice however, and adaham the opposite until he was replaced. i dont like that adaham went into hiding, but honestly, sometimes rl just takes over, im not willing to accept that alone as a scum tell.

so...people id be willing to lynch today: kingcod
i dont want a lynch on cirno...i think she is town.
with the evidence and the deadline posted...i think kingcod is the only person im truly comfortable with lynching, however, im going to keep my mind open for last minute thoughts and arguments of course. i suppose an adaham/kyle lynch wouldnt kill me, but i dont think its the right way to go. i think im warming up to the idea that mroe and more kyle/adaham is scum, but i think kingcod is the sure lynch, and anything else with the evidence provided, is more of a reach.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:49 am

Post by kingcod »

@Me=Weird - Its you and kyle rather than Lobster I have on my shortlist. It was Redtail that fingered Lobster.
@Redtail - today I saw who else you think might be scum. Not odd.
@Cirno ="I think he is less likely to talk his way out of a lynch than Kingcod, which makes Kingcod the bigger threat." What? You seem to be muddling being scum with someone being able to construct a coherent argument.
@Lobster - keeping an open mind until the last minute? Declaring Cirno town just after I unvote her? You get the
FoS Lobster

I will vote, on the understanding that is more likely a pointer for day 3 at this stage. Its Kyle99's flimsy attack on Cirno that has swung it slightly ahead of M=W and Lobster.

vote Kyle99
Town: 2W/1L
Scum: 0W/0L

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:21 am

Post by kyle99 »

*sigh*

If we lynch Kingcod today, and he flips town, can we lynch Cirno tommorow?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 am

Post by redtail896 »

So, not to be pushy or anything, but it's about 5 3/4 hours to deadline. Are we lynching kingcod?
kingcod wrote:@Lobster - keeping an open mind until the last minute? Declaring Cirno town just after I unvote her?
I see where you're going with this, but to be fair, LC never seemed to suspect Cirno today (in fact, she specifically noted so in one post). To me actually, the most suspicious thing she's done today is constantly express suspicion of kingcod and claim that she thinks he's the scummiest person, and yet
never voted for him
(not even yesterday). If kingcod is scum that could be a neat scumbuddy trick.

See, this is why I like to think out loud. I didn't realize the full severity of that paragraph until I had typed it. LobsterCatapult, who has consistently ranked kingcod as one of the scummiest people in the game, has never dropped a vote on him. She's voted for sailor and adumbro (and, by default, Exemption), but never for kingcod. If kingcod is scum, my guess is LC is the buddy. Thoughts?
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Cirno »

kingcod wrote:" What? You seem to be muddling being scum with someone being able to construct a coherent argument.
Rather, you are muddling my comment. I'm saying that if both you and Kyle are scum, you are a bigger threat than Kyle.
Redtail wrote:Thoughts [on Lobster]?
Lobster hasn't voted for
anyone
Day 2. On day 1, Lobster suspected Adumbro more than Kingcod. On day 2, Lobster suspected Exemption more than Kingcod. He did repeatedly say that Kingcod is scummy, but most of this was when he was asked to comment on Kingcod. Listing a person as one of your suspects and then not voting them is not much of a scumtell. I've listed Adaham, Exemption, and Me=Weird as suspects but haven't voted any of them.

@Lobster & Me=Weird:
Vote please.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 am

Post by kingcod »

redtail896 wrote: If kingcod is scum, my guess is LC is the buddy. Thoughts?
Careful. When I flip town don't take your eye of Lobster. As I say Lobster has my FoS.

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:31 am

Post by kyle99 »

kingcod wrote:
redtail896 wrote: If kingcod is scum, my guess is LC is the buddy. Thoughts?
Careful. When I flip town don't take your eye of Lobster. As I say Lobster has my FoS.
Bad post.

Since our deadline is so close, I'm going to VOTE: Kindcod so we don't end up with a no lynch.
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by kingcod »

Maybe unvote Cirno Kyle?

Totally baffled why a FoS on Lobster is a bad post ... unless he is your scumbuddy Kyle?

Redtail I hope you are clearer on my meaning than Kyle is - I'm asking you to keep an eye on LC after I'm lynched. It will be more obvious at that point why I'm saying this.

redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by redtail896 »

Cirno wrote:
Redtail wrote:Thoughts [on Lobster]?
Lobster hasn't voted for
anyone
Day 2. On day 1, Lobster suspected Adumbro more than Kingcod. On day 2, Lobster suspected Exemption more than Kingcod. He did repeatedly say that Kingcod is scummy, but most of this was when he was asked to comment on Kingcod. Listing a person as one of your suspects and then not voting them is not much of a scumtell. I've listed Adaham, Exemption, and Me=Weird as suspects but haven't voted any of them.
I grant the day 1 portion of that, but on day 2 Lobster has been inclined to think Exemption was town (if you read the Lobster ISO, day 2 starts on post #30 (#276 in the full thread)). She's consistently expressed the most suspicion on kingcod on day 2, and kingcod in 2nd place on day 1. As for listing suspects without voting, I've done the same. But my vote is consistently on the person who I think is the scummiest (or, early yesterday, on my 2nd scummiest since I thought my first case would go nowhere).

I don't think the case is a slam dunk, and I'm happy to discuss it further tomorrow. For now, let's get through the end of today. For good or for ill, we should know quite a bit more tomorrow morning.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm

what? i am voting for king cod! it was my 2nd post this day....unless i didnt do it the right way...

here incase i did it wrong

vote:kingcod
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:23 pm

omg...ok, so i was wrong, i thought i had my vote on him this entire day!! i must have edited out when i was proofreading one of my posts by accident. ugh >:( well, i guess i can see why i looked scummy by kingcod and redtail now.

@kingcod, your unvote of cirno had nothing to do with my opinion of cirno. i dont really care what you unvoted because i think you are scum, and my vote not being on you sooner is due to my own mistake in thinking i had it on you already, not because i was waiting.

someone before asked me for my suspects and what i thought of cirno specificially and what i thought and i answered them. my opinion of cirno hasn't changed much throughout day except im leaning town, not neutral.

as for regarding why people think im suspecious, i cant blame you, i cant really offer any more back up than i simply had no idea that i didnt actually vote for him. i thought i voted for him first thing, apparently i was mistaken and im kinda annoyed.
~LC
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Korejora »

kingcod (4) Cirno, redtail896, kyle99, LobsterCatapult

Me=Weird (1) Exemption
kyle99 (1) kingcod
(No vote) Me=Weird
7 alive; 4 votes lynch.

kingcod
, a
Townie
, was lynched.

Please send in your night choices. The night will end somewhere between 70 - 80 hours from the time of this post.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Korejora »

Thor665 replaces Exemption.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Korejora »

redtail896
, a
Townie
, was killed by the mafia.

The third day will end in three weeks.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Greetings and salutations.

I am replacing in for Exemption. I will assure you that providing constant and regular posting will not be a problem from this slot for the rest of the game. I will hopefully also provide brilliant insights - though I find that is more difficult.

I have read up through the first two pages and have also read the most recent 3. My intention is to do a full read up (now that I know I'm not being stabbed to death) and to provide thoughts as I do. This will hopefully allow you all to assess me as a new player and combine those assessments with whatever thoughts you had about the old slot. I should be starting the readthrough tonight and will probably end up posting my thoughts (possibly in multiple posts) in the next few days as I finish it.

If there are any questions outstanding for my slot please feel free to re-ask them if I don't touch upon them in my reads, I will do my best to answer them.

I am aware "I" have roleclaimed.
Last night I investigated Lobster - I received no result because the roleblocker is mean.

Regards,
Thor.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

tl:dr

I've read through page 7. My scum list is currently (from most to least scummy);

Valk/Me=Weird
RayFrost/Cirno
Adaham
LobsterCatapult

========================================================================

I'm glad RayFrost was replaced - I hate having to try to read him.

Post #79 - Valkyrie is a little odd around sailorpallas. There is a good reason to RVS the sailor right now and for some reason Valk isn't pulling the trigger. This seems like she's trying to avoid doing something she thinks is suspicious.

Post #97 - I'm sure there's scumhunting in this post somewhere - clearly it can't just be a 'follow the leader' type posting. Another bit of scum points for Valk.

Post #109 - Interesting connection between Adaham and Lobster here.

Post #113 - Newbies tend to be inactive? No!!! It will be fascinating to see ho wHoopla of all people ends up as the lynch of Day 1. I'd have been wanting to lynch Valkyrie - Norse allusions or no. She is active lurking to an offensive degree.

Post #148 - I am always sad to see some variation of 'too townie to be townie' ever enter the play field.

Post #169 - This post sums up the bulk of my issue with Lobster Catapult pretty well - the newbie card only plays so far and I really don't grok the logic of being against direct questions.

Ugh, I'm finished through Page 7 now and that's about all I can bear to deal with tonight. But that's basically halfway done, so expect the rest probably tomorrow at some point.

Me+Weird gets special call out for being a lurking master, I hope those ISOs showed up at some point.

I still hate having to read Ray and it looks like he's gone into a tail spin of disappear which is probably leading up to his replacement.

I still don't see where the Hoopla lynch came from, that will be odd to witness.

I'm probably leaning town on Lobster now. Valkyrie/Me=Weird, and Ray/Cirno are probably my current scummiest feelings. I'm more neutral on Adaham as he's a bit spotty in content but am currently leaning him as more likely town. I reserve the right to flip all of these reads around as I read the next 10 pages.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:29 pm

hey, just saw that day is up. thanks for replacing thor!

i dont have a lot of time to post tonight, i think kyle99/adaham is worth looking into since it was kingcod's vote. im going to go back and reread the last day, but kyle99 and exemption/thor were going to be people that i looked at, also m=w for not voting at all.
~LC
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

LobsterCatapult wrote:i think kyle99/adaham is worth looking into since it was kingcod's vote.
And this makes sense because? As a corollary - did you look into Hoopla's vote at the start of Day 2 when he flipped town? Adaham/kyle might be worth looking into, but let's try to do so because you think they are scummy for some reason, not because someone else thought they were scummy.
LobsterCatapult wrote:im going to go back and reread the last day, but kyle99 and exemption/thor were going to be people that i looked at, also m=w for not voting at all.
That's three players, if we discount yourself I presume that you believe Cirno is town? Is there a reason for this?

I look forward to your analysis of your three suspects.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Sigh... Here’s a list of my suspects as of right now, scummiest at the top, townie’s on the bottom:

Cirno
LobsterCatapult
Me=Weird
Thor665

Kingcod flipping town makes Cirno look bad, and while other people might not see it (erg), I’m 99% sure that Cirno is scum and LobsterCatapult is his partner.

vote: Cirno

To help misled townies decide, I’ve decided to make a list:

REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE VOTING CIRNO

-RayFrost’s extremely scummy active lurking and fluffiness during day one.
-Cirno, using his/her deductive power of reasoning, managed to convince a town to vote for kingcod, who wasn’t that scummy to begin with.
-Cirno spent the latter part of the day spewing crap about how I was obvscum, while keeping her vote on kingcod. Why? Because she knew that kingcod would flip town and she would need a new target on day three.
-Her case on kingcod, summarized here, is full of holes. Almost all of her “scumtells” for kingcod could all be easily newbtells as opposed to scumtells.

LobsterCatapult is scummy aswell, but I view Cirno as both much more competent than LobsterCatapult and more of a threat, which is why Cirno makes an excellent lynch for today.

tl;dr: If you don’t vote for Cirno, please explain why.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@kyle99 - you are aware we're in lylo right now, yes? (aka - why the vote so soon?)
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Thor665 wrote:@kyle99 - you are aware we're in lylo right now, yes? (aka - why the vote so soon?)
We have 5 people left. Not LyLo. Not even MyLo.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

5 Players left
2 scum left
Scum win when their numbers equal town.

If we lynch no one - scum kills one player - 4 players left, 2 are scum = scum win.
If we lynch wrong scum will kill one player - 3 players left, 2 are scum = scum win.

We are in lylo.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Why the vote?
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Ah, my bad, I thought we had one scum left.
unvote

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”