Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

ooba wrote:By the way, the VV case is wrong. I had my ability timing clarified with the mod - since it is a daybreak action, the worship votes gets activated only in the morning so it works for the next day/night cycle. Hence, VV protected spyreX for D2\N2 when he was already dead.
Incidentally, this was the timing that I was expecting to be used when VasudeVa first claimed his ability but it didn't seem to be how he thought it worked. That's why I asked the following (back before the SpyreX thing was an issue actually but rather because I was surprised he was expecting to protect me last night):
Mighty Orbots wrote:@VasudeVa, over what span does your worship protection work? I assume it's down now due to the cancelation but is it for the night you use it and the following day or the following day and night or something else? Also, who did you worship last night? I think I've missed it if you ever said who it was going to be.
VasudeVa's response seemed to indicate that I had it wrong and that he protected people that night and the following day.

@VasudeVa, could you confirm with the mod exactly when your protection normally works? ooba's timing fits the game better and was what I was expecting but you should be able to get a straight answer about it so that we're sure about what's been happening.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Die Zorblag, DIE DIE DIE.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Albert B. Rampage, so if I'm scum with Xite91 who are our partners?

Also, does your Census ability work on people who are in Limbo?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Albatross »

One bit of advice, all of the people currently holding focus items should strongly consider passing their item to another person in secret. It will confirm your ability to another person and it would make it a lot harder for the scum to manipulate how night actions go down if they don't know who has what.

This holds especially true for snow_bunny.

(Just don't give your item to a scumbag.)
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Parama »

^you can't pass items with the roleblock

I already tried passing mine to MO.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 am

Mighty Orbots wrote:@Albert B. Rampage, so if I'm scum with Xite91 who are our partners?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Probably not if you're removed from the game.

Partners are probably the very person you are defending who is claiming a different win condition. He's scum with you too. And for the rest we'll have to see.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Albert B. Rampage, Mina was in Limbo. She's out now and still in the game. Do you think your Census ability worked on her?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 am

I was blocked on N2, I will be global blocked on N3. Why did you global block us again??
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Albert B. Rampage, Mina was put in Limbo Night One. Do you think that she was counted in your Night One Census?

As for the global block, I picked Day/Night 3 (before learning the rest of my role) because that gave me enough flexibility to either warn everyone it was coming or set things up so that the surprise would be useful for my faction whichever was more handy once I learned what my faction was.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Fate »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, Vote Mighty Orbots
This is the most anti-town post this fucking game.

And I'm in this fucking game

I mean holy hell
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

I like MO's scumlist a lot.

I don't like VV's perception that Tar's analysis was good. I do think that Tar is likely town, but a few of the points -- namely the bit about more voting power for a faction indicates more scum there, which doesn't make sense both because scum ALREADY have an edge on directing worship due to knowing one another and because balance for ABR being set against us is a parsimonious explanation (granted that I only picked up on this because I'm Norse) -- were sort of not good IMO. I think Niki also pointed out that a Neighborizer already flipped scum (granted, again, that he probably only noticed it because he himself is a Neighborizer, etc).

So, given as much, it's sort of reasonable that a player not in either of those circumstances (e.g. VV) would miss them in a complex game, but using it as a building block of an argument when it appears incompletely evaluated makes me shake some.

I am biased to an extent by my difficulty interpreting Faraday as town (though he clearly appears to be so) and his link with him, though, so ye know.

@ MO, it looks like you're leaning ABR as CL rather than scum, right? Because it would be a kind of odd set-up if Loki and Odin are scum together who both "want" their faction's worship to swing opposite ways. And I doubt his claim is total BS unless Plum is scum, too, so....
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Fate »

The only thing I don't like about MO is how I'm just a weird ass middle of the road read for him...

When Zito just slapped a vote on Rajr for not being able to read me either.

There's probably other things in there but I rather be lead by scum than have to figure things out on my own.

Yeah, I said it.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Mina »

The obscure information I'm talking about in my PM doesn't have to do with flavour text...but...eh, there's no way to explain it without revealing what it is. I'll save it for my QT buddies on N4, and they can tell me if it's information that would benefit the town.

I came up with an idea (unfortunately, it only works if ABR is town and isn't roleblocked), but I'll wait for ABR to answer Mighty Orbots's question about whether limboed players appear to the census.

Meanwhile, ABR, speaking of questions, I have a post from WAAAAAAY back on D1 that you never answered. This:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Mina wrote:I feel important by accusing ABR blablabla
/ignore
isn't an answer.

Considering you're the genius who claims to have guessed that Odin was the godfather before the game started, but not noticed inHim flipping Odin OR Tar claiming inHim was the GF, EVEN THOUGH YOU NOTICED THAT INHIMSHALLIBE HAD DIED...sorry. You don't get to use the "I'm too awesome to be suspected" defence this game. ABR can't be scum unless Plum is his buddy or scum were given a census ability...but have you explained a single read all game?

---------------------
I need to do a huge scum/town list, because I honestly have no fucking idea who to vote for right now. Yes, I know that not voting is a scumtell/antitown/etc. I just really feel as though there's too much conflicting and confusing evidence in this monster thread, and I haven't processed it all well enough to come to the right conclusion.

Right now, I think AdumbroDeus is town...which means I'm going to take a good look at the CMAR wagoners. AD, did manho or inHim post in the graveyard topic? (manho, if he's town, should have shared opinions or a claim.)

As I said to dram in our QT, I actually thought DarkStalker was town even though I disagreed with most of what he said, because he sounds totally spaced out.

Going to delve into my suspects in depth when I have time. I'm falling behind in all my games.
---------------------
I trust Faraday, because I highly doubt he'd redirect a vig kill to a godfather when that would automatically add two townies to the game. That said, no one has explained why Faraday's kill failed. Xite91 claims not to know anything about his role, and no one has openly stated that they roleblocked Faraday or protected/jailkept Xite91.

Albatross, why did you choose Faraday to give your redirect to? I don't think you explained your town read on him. No offence to Faraday, but he didn't look obvtown at the end of D2; he was on a lot of vig lists. Also, why didn't you just use it yourself? If you have a redirection power anyway, wouldn't you rather use the ability yourself than give it to someone else?

Also, Albatross, can someone use an item AND an ability on the same night?

-----
Katy wrote:Because my flavor message told me he was benevolent. I have never played in a mafia game where scum was benevolent. Just in case, "benevolent" means "good." It seems kind of weird to me if if Xite were scum that the mod would tell me he is a good spirit.
Katy, your information on dramonic was his role name ("White Knight"). But Xite91 claims he's a "Wayward Spirit," not just a "benevolent spirit." Are you saying his role name was "benevolent spirit"?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Faraday »

hey guys whats going on.

mo is town, people voting him need to get their head checked. CMON ABR no wau he's scum, don't be crazy. also pretty sure troll isn't scum since he could have easily pushed for the re-direct to go to someone else, hell even re-directing dramonic or someone else, but he didn't.

the redirectr can be used
in addition[/v] to a power but since I used everything I have that doesn't really matter to me a lot, I guess if people want me to pass it on later I can (well not today, but the next day or whenever). I think why he thought I was town is not really gonna get much of a usdeful answer, I mean I don't see it myself, I was even afraid it was some sort of dud item (I think I even mentioned this in the qt). people who had me on their vig list were p bad though at the same time.

I wanna lynch totallyismafia now (lol) let's go go go go.

xite's already said he doesn't know why he didn't die or wasn't killed btw, and also that he doesn;'t know his win condition too. that's pretty fucked up, sounds like the squashed banana role in xyl's old game actually

i need to check back but did abr's cencus reveal the number of mafiain the game?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Been busy with assignments but am finished now so I'll post sometime later today
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

@mina roleblocked remember? My waiting room quicktopics are all locked (which of all days, REALLY sucks toDay since we've got 2 rolecops there). Also, blaze was never given access.

As far as I'm concerned, my grace period for just replacing in is over, I've been doing some rereading and I think I'm gonna do ISOs on at least snow_bunny and Faraday, that whole affair with spyreX's death doesn't sit right with me, hopefully it will be done by tomorrow morning.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Adumbro: Those aren't rolecops. The "rolecop" part just means that's what came up on a sane role inspection by the mod.
Can we lynch tnm soon?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ok, I lodge a complaint with that notation, yes I knew it was the result of a sane rolecop inspection, I just thought said inspection had the result of "Rolecop: Paul Atreides".

Anyway, hopefully I can get something from them at night.

Since TNM is a popular lynchtarget I'll add him to my list.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Iecerint, actually at this point I think it's more likely that Albert B. Rampage is mafia than cult leader. He does have his recruitment ability so that could be the basis of a modified cult something but I don't see why he'd bother outing his own faction with the census information if that was the case.

I'm not going to try to outguess the mod on flavor here (the Stargate Egyptian Gods should all be scum by flavor but they certainly don't seem to be) but I'm pretty willing to believe that if ODIN is the Godfather then having him on the scum team with his rival Loki seems plausible. Scum should also be able to gain abilities from multiple factions being worshiped so I'm not convinced that the conflict between the two would be that big a deal for the scum team. Further Albert B. Rampage's big ability that he's made public (recruiting someone to his alignment) kicks in after a couple days elsewhere. You'll note he was also calling for a Norse worship on day three despite the fact that it appears that he wouldn't want that just by his role.

I think it's a bit more likely that the cult bit is a red herring from the mafia. If Albert B. Rampage does have a faction ability as scum it'd be easy enough to add it in. If he's just faking that to stay out of people's sights long enough to get deep in the game then I sort of think that the scum team could have put together that list easily enough. There's a survivor win condition on the first page and we knew there were two lynchers by the end of day one. With no information it'd be easy enough to throw that together. It's also possible that the mafia has access to an alignment cop of some sort that would help them come up with reasonable roles. If it is a guess there's certainly no need for any Serial Killer to out that it's not true as doing so would reveal their own existance and that's largely the other role that has a good chance of being in the game I'd guess.

In any case, I'm not sure of any of that but I think it's more likely Albert B. Rampage is mafia than cult.

Actually, I've not said it explicitly up till now but I'd kind of like to lynch him tomorrow and then use my one shot autopsy on him to find out whether he's telling the truth. I won't go into exactly what the ability does but I think it'd provide reliable information even though he says he's a miller. We might even be able to swing things so that he could be revived in some way if the info I got indicated that I was wrong. That all requires that people trust me a bit and there are a number of ways it could go wrong so I wouldn't actually count on it going fully as planned anyhow. Well, the kill just requires that people not trust Albert B. Rampage and that's the thing I'm most interested in.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Oh, and this from Albert B. Rampage given that apparently hadn't seen that inHimshallibe was the Godfather when he made the statement at the start of the day is a pretty brilliant thing for mafia to say given the way flips happen this game (but not nearly so great for any other alignment):
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I also believe Percy was scum. We have to wait until tomorrow to confirm.
It's not anything close to evidence on it's own but it fits nicely with the rest of my thoughts about him.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So for those keeping track at home here's what I think a few people have said in terms of suspicions today:

Chronopie: nothing of substance
dramonic: nothing of substance beyond totallynotmafia from yesterday

They're both welcome to dispute that if they'd like to but even more than that I'd love to see an updated list of their top suspects along with whether or not they think their votes are still relevant. I'm also looking forward to totallynotmafia's latest thoughts which he seems to indicate will be coming shortly.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ MO, it could be, for example, that he deliberately understated their danger by claiming no N1 recruit. This prevents him from being an autolynch when a cult flips (because he DID reveal a cult) while maximizing his apparent "usefulness" (because he claimed his ability) and driving things toward mafia-hunting per se (because the cult "didn't" recruit).

The cult and ABR's ability being totally imaginary is also a possibility, though I think Tar/DTM confirmed that ABR got the wording right with their being "modified" lynchers. If that's standard Kinetic vocabulary, it's a weaker point, but.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Faraday »

As far as I'm concerned, my grace period for just replacing in is over, I've been doing some rereading and I think I'm gonna do ISOs on at least snow_bunny and Faraday, that whole affair with spyreX's death doesn't sit right with me, hopefully it will be done by tomorrow morning.

^^ I had nothing to do with the SpyreX death. Do you mean Inhim?

I fucking doubt ABR faked his census taking abillity. He managed to guess plum being a modified survivor, I suppose there are other ways he could have known this but I think him having the abillity he claims is the most plausible.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Xite91 »

Just got done drinking a lot, so I'm not exactly coherent enough to make a real case, but this was interesting...
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Die Zorblag, DIE DIE DIE.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Mighty Orbots wrote:@Albert B. Rampage, so if I'm scum with Xite91 who are our partners?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Probably not if you're removed from the game.

Partners are probably the very person you are defending who is claiming a different win condition. He's scum with you too. And for the rest we'll have to see.
Especially considering that IIRC me and MO were the only two making any serious arguments against him...
OMGUS much?
Sorry if this was already pointed.
Not sure if I remember (again pretty drunk) but I think I have my vote on ABR, if not, here
Rule 12 Violation!

Unvote, Vote: ABR
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:19 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

im celebrating my country's independance all weekend so im posting between drinking to let you all know that i am worshiping the GOO this night by request.

on my role check out the first post now. i confirmed to the mod that i recieved his role and he was put into the graveyard.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0