T-shirts, Cards, etc.

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 am

Post by mith »

I agree that if we're going to color-code at all (and I'd be ok with *not* doing so as well... just depends on the art and such, whether that would make sense as a design choice), all the town cards should be the same color.

Red for Mafia and Brown for Werewolves is good... I'm ok with Green for Town (for an overall red-green color scheme), though (largely because of the jeepfest deck) I associate green with third party roles, so Blue for Town and Green for Other would be good too. Purple... not so much. If we go Red-Brown-Green, maybe Black or Grey for third party... or Orange (tigers?).
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 am

Post by molestargazer »

Personally, I associate blue with a cop.
I would like at least a marginal sort of colour scheme, and not just all one colour. Sort of a quick distinction as to your faction.

Personally, I'd go Green (town), Red (scum), Grey (third party).
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:42 am

Post by diginova »

Factional coloring was the point of colors in the first place since it's a nice quick glimpse, but then I started using MBF's swf as sample art, and there were lots of colors there.
Red/Brown/Green/(Grey or Orange) (not sure what I was thinking when I said purple) sounds good... I choose green for town as that's what it is in the swf, which a lot of people are used to. They have SKs as black, so the grey would also work.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

What about borders on the 'faction' color, for role? I always associate Blue with Cop, Light Green (scrubs) with Doc, cuz that's how I colorize the Newbie Games I mod.
Retired as of October 2014.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by diginova »

Mr. Flay wrote:What about borders on the 'faction' color, for role? I always associate Blue with Cop, Light Green (scrubs) with Doc, cuz that's how I colorize the Newbie Games I mod.
There are the background images in the faction color for role; those aren't going away, but maybe... I'll see how it looks.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, you're right, that will look classier anyway.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:21 am

Post by mith »

Ok, I've been revisiting the cardlist and tweaking for the Art group to have something to work from. This is what I have at the moment:

Code: Select all

1	Mafia Godfather
4	Mafia Goon
1	Mafia Roleblocker
1	Traitor
1	Alpha Wolf
3	Werewolf
1	Serial Killer
2	Cop
1	One-Shot Cop
1	Doctor
1	Bodyguard
1	Jailkeeper
1	Vigilante
1	One-Shot Vig
1	Roleblocker
1	Tracker
1	Watcher
1	Commuter/Hider
3	Mason
2	Lover
1	Deputy
1	Nurse
1	Supersaint
1	Seer
16	Townie
1	Third Party Blank
2	Blank

I'm opening it up once again to suggestions for roles to include. They should be somewhat common and/or something that needs its own card (for example, I've left out Monk, because that role is really only used in Open setups, and the mod could designate them with Lovers or something - Masons & Monks would be a complicated setup to run, anyway). If you have a suggestion, post it here (and include links to a game or two where it has been used, if you want to strengthen your case).

If there is a high demand for the cards and for other roles, we may later do an "expansion" with more unique/unusual things, but in the meantime blanks will be included to allow for other options.

Note that there are two spots left in a 54 card deck (which is almost certainly what we'll be going with). If I've made some glaring omissions, those spots might be filled, but if not I may have a little role design competition, with the winner's role being included as a card.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:29 am

Post by diginova »

I vote that the artists each get to make a role of their choice and put it in the game... it would be interesting what they come up with.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 am

Post by molestargazer »

Paranoid Gun Owner or similar?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Tracker (or Watcher)?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tracker and Watcher are on there; scroll down.

Much as I hate the mechanics of PGO, it's a fairly common role. Maybe good for the expansion?

Lovers seems like an unusual card in that you could hand it out as a 'second card' for those players, thereby making it Faction-independent.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:16 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Bulletproof Townie?
#greenshirtthursdays
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Mr. Flay wrote:Tracker and Watcher are on there; scroll down.

Much as I hate the mechanics of PGO, it's a fairly common role. Maybe good for the expansion?

Lovers seems like an unusual card in that you could hand it out as a 'second card' for those players, thereby making it Faction-independent.
Ah, this makes much more sense.

Bomb?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 am

Post by mith »

I think there's a place for Lovers in this deck as it is (occasionally) used in closed setups, but one of the things I have in mind for an "expansion" is having a few cards focused on split role/alignment. Could include Neighbors (if you get a Neighbor card, you can wake up during the night and "discuss" (by pointing) with the other Neighbors, who are unconfirmed. Could include Lovers which aren't confirmed. For Masons & Monks, you really need to pass out three sets of cards (one with your "regular" role, one telling you if you're a Mason or not, one telling you if you're a Monk or not), unless the mod randomizes the setup pregame and has Mason-Werewolf, Monk-Mafia, and Mason-Monk cards available (and even then, you'd be limited to scum and townies, outside the Masons & Monks). So, something to think about there.

(Lovers is probably the first cut if we need to include several other power roles.)

Bulletproof Townie has been somewhat out-of-favor for a long time, and is partially covered by the Hider. PGO is a possibility. Bomb seems awfully niche.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:40 am

Post by diginova »

Kingmaker?
It could be handed in the beginning and then passed to each new Kingmaker.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:40 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I dunno, I used Bulletproofs fairly frequently. Maybe it's just me.
#greenshirtthursdays
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

4 Wolves seems like it might not be enough. I'd certainly be willing to shell out for an 'expansion' set if we don't want the default to have 68 (or whatever the next step up is from 54).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by farside22 »

I see already a couple mentioned I had thought of. The neighbor, PGO.
I have seen more lately is a role cop for scum more then town and my personal favorite role is JOAT.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

mith wrote:Red for Mafia and Brown for Werewolves is good... I'm ok with Green for Town [...] If we go Red-Brown-Green, maybe Black or Grey for third party... or Orange (tigers?).
You are inconsiderate!
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by diginova »

mikeburnfire wrote:
mith wrote:Red for Mafia and Brown for Werewolves is good... I'm ok with Green for Town [...] If we go Red-Brown-Green, maybe Black or Grey for third party... or Orange (tigers?).
You are inconsiderate!
Red-Brown-Green-Black is the exact color scheme from a certain someone's flash animation...
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I are inconsiderate!
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I think doing 54 now, and then an 18-card expansion later would be a good deal. There's that site that does cards in sheets of 18.

One thing I just thought of, that would be an extreme jump to what we've always done, is the idea of alignment cards + role cards. If anybody's ever played Bang!, it's the same idea as getting an alignment (Sheriff, Deputy, Outlaw, Renegade), and then getting a second card that's a character with a special ability.

So there'd be cards for town aligned, mafia aligned, self-aligned. Possibly additions for werewolf or others. Then there would be the masons, roleblockers, cops, etc. role cards. I think this is probably too big of a jump from what we're currently doing to look at, but it would have a lot of benefits for advanced gameplay. i.e. It provides the ability to give a role to any alignment without having to either produce multiple roleblocker or mason cards, for instance, for each alignment. It also adds the opportunity to completely randomize roles and alignments, so it's harder to guess mafia/town based on abilities. Just random thoughts I had and thought I would share.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Drench »

mikeburnfire wrote:
You are inconsiderate!
Couldn't that be solved by associating a shape to each alignment or something along with the colours?
al_kohaulec wrote:lots of stuff
+1

Though that was partly because I had this idea about 2 minutes ago. Thought-sarnath'd. :(
join your union
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by diginova »

Drench wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:
You are inconsiderate!
Couldn't that be solved by associating a shape to each alignment or something along with the colours?
Or, you know, the text "Mafia" or "Town" that currently exists?
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

diginova wrote:
Drench wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:
You are inconsiderate!
Or, you know, the text "Mafia" or "Town" that currently exists?
But what about the blind and illiterate!
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]

Return to “General Discussion”