Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

Furcolow - 2 (animorpherv1, semioldguy)

Not Voting
- 2 (Furcolow, kunkstar7)

Deadline for today's lynch is
Monday the 5th of July at 6:00pm (site time)
. You may view a countdown to the deadline .

I will be V/LA until the 4th here, which is the 3rd in most of the world. Deadline remains the same.

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch...
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by Furcolow »

sigh
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by Furcolow »

someone voting me is town.... one of you literally has to be... maybe both of you, but probably not
whoever is town, please unvote me and vote someone else (if you even can)
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Furcolow »

calling all investigators
vote animorpher plz
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:08 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hi, I'm back.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Furcolow »

jeez.
whichever of you is an investigator needs to unvote me and vote someone. it's 50/50 on whichever of them isn't it. it's not you or me.
pretty sure SoG is the investigator on me. i wish you'd help me help you whichever of you isnt scum.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Percy »

Time itself smeared across my conscience, dragging my awareness across the aeons, drowning it in the omnipresence of the watery god below. I cried and grunted, holding onto our small craft in impossible seas.

One of our number,
Furcolow
, drew the ceremonial dagger from the altar from the depths of his clothing and pinned
semioldguy
to the ground.

"Stand back, all of you!" cried Furcolow, eyes wide with fear and rage, "He's the one doing this! He's responsible!"

Poised to strike, my companion and I froze in indecision. Who could it be? Should we do nothing, condemning
semioldguy
? Or should we kill
Furcolow
to save him?

"I don't know, I don't know, I can't decide I don't know I dontknowidontknowiDONTKNOWIDONTKNOW" screamed my companion, paralysed with fear.

Below me was the depths of infinite insanity, and above were the stars, slowly aligning, welcoming the Ruler of Madness back to its home, its court, its billions of victims.

"It's him, he's doing it!"

"No, it's him! Get him off me or we'll all die!"

"We have to stop this!"

"idontknowidontknowidontknowidontknowidont"

Words. Images. Crosses. Stars. Temples. Snow. Nooses. Holes. Graves. Knives. Dead. Flames. Blood. Ghosts. Stars. Aligned.

All blended into nothingness, impossible to think, I kicked
Furcolow
with all my might into the ocean. He didn't scream as he fell through the misty waters; he laughed as his life was snuffed out, and in seconds his mind was consumed, now to be maintained by the beast like all before him. Silence pressed in through the weakening of the worlds.

I held on to hope, looking with terror into
semioldguy
's face, trusting that he, at least, could stop the ascent.

semioldguy
smiled, mad and cruel. He stood to his full height, seemingly immune to the chaos around him, towering over the craft and the two huddled survivors. And he began to chant.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn...

Horrified, I reached up with all my strength to try and stop him, the horror of my mistake crashing through tainting all

y-hafh'drn ilyaa, y-kadishtu...
nafl-nglui, nog Cthulhu...

He continued, standing with arms outstretched, guiding the boat to my home, guiding the beast to the world's destruction

wgah'n shugg shogg sgn'wahl stell'bsna
tharanak-yar throd uaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

The desecration of my sanity was complete, and I smiled in joy at the coming of the end of time, the end of humanity and all it ever could be.

Never had I felt so wonderful, so complete, so at peace.

The Stars Aligned, and Cthulhu no longer waited. He had returned. The totality of Cthulu was all that ever was, ever could be.

And never would I feel again.

Furcolow
was lynched! He was an
Investigator
with an
Insanity Count
of

kunkstar7
(
Insanity Count:
) and
animorpherv1
(
Insanity Count:
) were both
Investigators
Destroyed during the Ascension

iLord
and
rewq455
were also
Investigators

semioldguy
, the last remaining
Cultist
, completes the
Ascension
and wins the game for the
Cultists!!!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Percy »

Expect full moderator notes and action summaries within 24 hours.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by CSL »

Congrats, semioldguy, and team. Even though I have failed you immensely.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ha, congratulations. I thought we had it.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE DGB WAS TOWN WHOA.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

:(

That's all I have to say. I have no idea how this game when from a town lock to a complete loss. Too many people took murderer (which btw, is a terrible idea). kunk, I thought you could have been more open-minded in endgame.

oh well, gg scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh, and thanks to Percy for modding this epic game. I really liked the flavor and I know the entire thing was a lot of effort on your part. You're the man!
YOUR AD HERE

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I'm sorry, there was no way I could see anything other than Furcolow as scum. His play was absolutely terrible, practically begging to be lynched, and everything from the thread pointed to him being cult. I had a little paranoia N9 about SOG apparent in my choice of Aversions, and I should have remembered the whole SOG/evilsnail/rewq mishap, but well I made my choice.

Awesome game Percy, my personal favorite since I joined the site.
Welcome to the Network.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I have to agree with kunkstar here. As on observer, i thought for sure there was a town win with the furcolow lynch, there is no way i could move a vote off of him :/ Sometimes i think you have to also put the blame on the voted for town player, who is responsible for not looking scummy
Winter is coming.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I've been watching this game since I found out about it's existence! Which was around 2 days after I joined the site. As a newbie, I actually had a set goal in my head back then to play in an awesome game like this. Actually, I think this contributed to why I chose to stay even after my newbie game.

I adore the flavor, the mechanics, everything. :D. Which was why, I didn't have to read too much when I replaced in for a brief stint. Although, I gave way to Magua when I found out that he was a cultist. He was doing too good. No way I could have filled in his shoes.

Gratz scum! Excellent job SOG and Magua. It was a real blast watching you guys manipulate Town. :P
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Rifka wrote:I have to agree with kunkstar here. As on observer, i thought for sure there was a town win with the furcolow lynch, there is no way i could move a vote off of him :/ Sometimes i think you have to also put the blame on the voted for town player, who is responsible for not looking scummy
Not really. You have to learn to read motivation. Terrible play =/= scummy play. Furcolow would have had very little motivation to come out on the final day and claim to have stalked someone if he was scum. Town knew it was lylo and so did the scum. Therefore, a scum-furcolow would have had no fear of being communed the following night to see if he was telling the truth about his insanities. All scum-fur would have to do is get a mislynch. He would place a huge target on his back by claiming to have stalked. Think about WHY people are doing things instead of WHAT they are doing. The correct play really would have been to no lynch and let fur prove his kill. Due to the course of the game, the scum almost had to be between SOG and fur...so the town should have let the night decide it. If SOG was scum, he'd be killed by furcolow. If fur was scum, a cult kill would happen and he'd be alive the next day. Simple as that.

Additionally, for all of fur's bloodlust, he was the only one who appeared to be trying in endgame and I don't think you can call that terrible play. I would say 8 times out of 10, town are the most active players in lylo because they are trying to find the scum and not just survive. I really think SOG should have been called on his lurking in lylo. Animorph the same (though he was pretty much confirmed town along with kunk).
YOUR AD HERE

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:09 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I think the biggest reason for the Town loss was Magua's Aversion claim on SoG and Town not checking it. Unfortunately, none of the LyLo townies could not see through the lie.

VP's play totally works though but SOG had manipulated Town into a Fur lynch by stating the problem with Aversion since kunk already had aversion on Fur(And aversion is particularly dangerous in LyLo.).

I actually enjoyed fur's play as an observer. xD. His play made the game 2x worth reading(Cause' he's funny as hell.)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:54 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

OK, I'm tottaly surprised on that.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:47 am

Post by semioldguy »

Lurking was more of an I wasn't around very often situation rather than a lylo situation as I've been taking some holidays recently. VP Baltar is right though, with the stalk claim a no-lynch is certainly the right approach. Without a stalk claim a no-lynch would actually have been a very bad idea for town though.

iLord's murder of DGB on the same night that we killed him was immensely helpful.

This was also my last game for a while so I'm glad I can mark it as a victory, especially after it looked so grim after the first few days and my hand in lynching almost all my fellow cultists.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Magua »

Cult was incredibly hamstrung by town's *awesome* play in general. I mean, just look at the first 6 days:

D1: Lynched cult
D2: Lynched cult
D3: Lynched cult
D4: Lynched murderer
D5: Lynched cult
D6: Lynched murderer

It wasn't until D7 that the first mislynch occurred. Town was *really* good at separating out the real scum from the scummy townies, and it did it with very, very little reliance on the occult books or investigation kits. Town was *very* organized at neutralizing the potential problems through graverobbing. It was actually kind of terrifying. =P

VP Baltar was a force to behold. Just about every single one of his suspicions was accurate.

Town, on the other hand, was incredibly hamstrung by the number of murderers and (unclaimed) murders that went on. There were five attempted murders N1, and I feel confident in saying that all those who attempted them would've gone murderer eventually. As many people were murdered during the game as were killed by the ritual. And most importantly, every single person who was murdered was an investigator, which was sort of the opposite of the first Stars Aligned. (I seriously don't understand the mindset behind going the murderer route. But that's probably just me.)

Incredible strokes of cult luck:
- Plum claiming the resuscitate on Hayker D2. Town cred, but not enough to keep her from getting lynched. After that, huge suspicion falls to Hayker. Beautiful.
- iLord murdering DGB D7, the night he's killed. From D4-D7, I had given up hope that cult could win -- town had yet to mislynch once, and it looked like we would need something like three mislynches in a row to win, and I was relatively sure there were no murderers left. The paranoia this kill engendered amongst the town, and the distraction from looking for cult, re-invigorated me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh, and when the dead QT gets revealed, check out Magua's plan that would have won the game yesterday. Whew, glad you realized that one late XD
YOUR AD HERE

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 am

Post by semioldguy »

If it required multiple actions from me then it wasn't possible as I had Compulsion and was bloody and needing to Launder.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”