Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Mod: Could we please prod Albatross (no posts since 6/19), CryMeARiver (no posts since 6/21) and DTMaster (no posts since 6/23)?

Already prodded Albatross and CMAR (no lottery choices). Will prod DTM if he doesn't post by the end of the day.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:57 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Got no time, quick reply.

---

That's weird.

It's either :
A: I've been redirected/roleblocked etc.
B: Spy didn't worship the Old Gods.

Those are the only two reasons why my prot didn't work. I don't know why Spy won't worship the OG though. (@worship vote counting people: Did he ever claim that? If not, do the numbers suggest that he did?)

---

I'm a bit concerned that SB might be scum claiming Vig. (And scum might have redirected my protect me to SB etc.) Was inHim SB's real target or was she redirected to inHim?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

DarkStalker wrote:Alot of content on pages 77-78. Here's stuff I promised. I'll read page 79 soon.
Ok I don't think TNM actually understands my case against him so let's try this again

Ani said he wanted Mina gone because he thought she could be cult becuase Ani was suspicious of what limbo was, and And obviously didn't see ABR's census result. You mentioned the option of Mina getting vidged instead
totallynotmafia wrote:If we do need to get rid of people in limbo then we should have Snow_Bunny kill them.
Regardless of whether she is SK I think we can utilise her NK, and
shooting Mina tonight to figure out what is going on with limbo is probably a good way to start.
1. From that last part you obviously did more than just suggest she should be vidged. You advocated it as a way to get info. How would killing her get us more info over letting her live and possibly to tell us about limbo later?

2. I know ani didn't suggest doing it for info but, do you think its more likly vidging her would get more info than starting a wagon on her and seeing what turned up?

Further you stated why offing mina "could" be advantageous to scum.
totallynotmafia wrote:Umm...Darkstalker, Mina is effectively treestumped so that seems like a massive waste of a lynch to me. What if someone new is placed in limbo every day, do we use the lynch on them each day? Imagine if each one was town that would be disastrous.

Vote: Darkstalker
For coming up with a way to waste our lynch disguised as trying to get rid of a cult. Didn't ABR say that nobody was recruited by cult anyway?
You didn't prove that was why Ani really wanted her gone.

3. Couldn't mafia asking for a vidge on Mina also be a means Mafia could get rid of her advantageously?

You never disproved Ani's idea mina was cult especially since you said killing Mina was a good.

4. Thus you are hypocritical in that you want to go after us for going after mina and yet at the same time you wanted to get rid of mina yourself. Your case is flawed because what's to say you aren't the one who wants to off mina with bad/mafia intentions?

That is my case on you. Please answer the questions I have underlined!
1. I didn't expect people in limbo to come back into the game, I thought people would continue to be put there and would have some secret influence over the game. Especially considering it says they still affect win conditions I thought it would be dangerous to allow people to continue to build up in there without knowing what was going on, so i thought this would be a good way to direct a potential SK's NK (although I misread it and people in limbo can't be targetted by actions anyway).

2-4. I'll answer these as one because I think you're missing my point entirely. My problem was not that Ani wanted to get rid of Mina, it's that
he was prepared to waste a lynch on him/her in order to do so.
It's got nothing to do with getting rid of Mina advantageously, it's the point of wasting a lynch on someone who is basically treestumped and who I at least assumed wasn't going to come out of it. I find it even more suspicious considering I had just finished playing a game with Ani which we lost as town, and part of it was because we wasted a lynch on a treestumped player.

Maybe it was a legitimate error in judgement on Ani's part (though as I said, I would have expected him to learn his lesson about wasting a lynch from our last game), but your strange defence of your own hydra partner is continuing to look more and more suspicious. Why are you defending Ani's actions instead of Ani himself? I know you're a hydra but if you're going to operate as two different people then each should be able to defend their own actions.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

lets see let me post some of my thoughts.
Fate keeps bouncing around and makes it hard for me to read him.
Tar's claim sounds beleiveable except for the part where he says hes town. sounds like its a scum role.

lasty im guessing there is a big scum presance on the CMAR wagon.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ Lynchers typically become town if their target dies by other means. We know his rolename is lyncher via ABR (unless he lied about little details).

The presence of lots of redirectors kinda makes sense with Blaze's claim. He was fixated on his ability stopping "redirecting" per se. His PM may've said something specific about it. Having abilities tailored specifically to a mechanic like that, ye know.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm in love with my life. Mafiascum dropped down my list of priorities. This is my explanation for not having too many original ideas.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:33 pm

DarkStalker wrote:[ABR] said he got nothing last night and he also says he thinks no one was blocked last night. Yay that doesn't add up ABR
Yes I meant that there was no global blocked but I may still have been blocked or JK'd.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

VasudeVa wrote:I'm a bit concerned that SB might be scum claiming Vig. (And scum might have redirected my protect me to SB etc.) Was inHim SB's real target or was she redirected to inHim?
She has claimed that he was her real target. MO has claimed she was redirected to him. Both may be true.

Why would scum have redirected your protect as such? It's not as if you had claimed D1.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

So for anyone who's on the fence about mass claim being a good idea now I'd like to point out that this is probably the one time in the game when scum aren't able to communicate via quick topic. If we mass claim now they won't be able to coordinate behind the scenes to adapt as a group to the situation. We're more likely at this moment to catch scum with a poor fake claim than we are at any other time in the game.

@VasudeVa, so far as I can tell SpyreX didn't explicitly say who he'd be worshiping but it's pretty likely that it would have been the GOO. Perhaps ooba would like to share his list of who claims to have done what worshiping from that night.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Yeah, I reread Els' and Spy's. Elscouta started the worship discussion. That might have made scum target him for a scum RB(I admit this is stretching, but there were no claims D1 that I can remember, aside from ABR who delivered his promised info.)

In Spy's ISO, it seems he heavily criticized someone for the statements "Discussing worship mechanic is bad" and "I'm worshiping the OG" which might have made him second guess worshiping the OG. He did say that OG days would be beneficial to him. I don't see any direct statement that he will worship OG though.

I like the Spy did not worship the OG explanation better. Spy is quite unpredictable.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SX WAS a GOO. I seriously doubt he didn't worship them.
Beholder
Beholder
Townie
Beholder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Beholder »

Pomegranate replaces Plum. Going to start looking for replacements for Albatross and CMAR momentarily. Prodding DTM.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Nikanor »

I support a Massclaim.
I'll start it off if I get five votes.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Xite91 »

Nik, two already claimed for this, so youre not starting it off, but if you want votes, ill start ya
Vote:Nikanor

Mighty Orbots wrote:Oh yeah, and somehow I keep forgetting to ask this:

@Xite91, do you know why your slot was added to the game? It came in at the start of the day Day One with DTMaster. DTMaster was recruited by Tarhalindur but ortolan wasn't at all forthcoming with how he wound up in the game. Are you able (and willing) to shed any light on that situation?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I'm not sure how I ended up in the game, but I am pretty much a ghost.
This means I can post and vote and stuff like that, but my worship means nothing (because I am not a human i guess?) and I have no real abilities, and I guess I win when town does (but I was never told how I win, so that's an assumption).
I'm not a VT but for all intents and purposes I may as well be.

Fate wrote:
AIRPLANES IN THE NIGHT SKY ARE LIKE SHOOTING STARS
I COULD REALLY USE A LYNCH RIGHT NOW
LYNCH RIGHT NOW
LYNCH RIGHT NOW

UNVOTE:
VOTE: CMAR
Lols
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:49 am

What are the reasons for a massclaim again?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Xite91 »

I claimed because it's the only real way to make sense of why I'm here, if there is any way.
Nik seems to want to take part in the mass claim so that's why I pushed him to
Honestly, MO made a lot of valid points for a mass claim, and I was on the fence about it, so he convinced me to be for it.

curious though, What are your reasons for not?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

Actually, I'll just claim now.
I'm Desire, one of the Endless from Sandman.
Each twilight I can choose to hook up two players, and they'll get a QT to talk in for the rest of the game, day and night. If the gelatin gets worship, I get to hook up two couples instead of one.
t1 I chose Fate & Parama (I targeted other people and it was affected by Delirium so it went to my intended targets). FATE AND PARAMA TOGETHER FOREVER WHOOO! <3
t2 I chose Mighty Orbots & Plum and ooba & Iecerint to become lovers. For some reason, though, I got hooked up with Iec in the middle of the night by my own ability (I could tell from the name of the QT).
I know that Fate & Parama got their QT because they claimed it, but I'm not sure if Plum or MO got theirs. Could you confirm for me?
Also, any light that ooba has to shed on why my ability reflected back to me would be great.

Finally, I was QT'd by someone else for last night only. I'll let that person claim it when his time comes.

CMAR, your turn to fullclaim!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Nikanor »

Oh, and I worshipped GOO n1 and n2.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Parama »

Daykill: Nikanor

You should know that me and Fate don't get along at all <.<
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:32 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Lovers meaning: one dies the other commits suicide?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Parama »

No, just sharing a QT. Fate already asked about that in the QT.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:37 am

Post by ooba »

From the post-game of Legend of Zelda: Ocarnia of Time:
"In my opinion, Town lost this game for one reason only: they decided to play "let's outguess Tarhalindur" and lost."

Reasons for the massclaim:
a) There is the danger of the cult recruiting players. Once recruited players have an incentive to lie, hence getting all the information out right now is good for us
b) QTs are dead due to the global roleblock. Hence mafia cannot co-ordinate mass claims.
c) We can catch scum in counterclaims based on what has transpired so far. Also it helps in catching scum later because they have to commit to role, ability right now.

I hope this turns out well.

@MO. I know it was a silly question to ask but it was a way of noting in thread that you *might* have different motivations for pushing towards a mass claim. Also, some of your play makes no sense. You push for a mass claim but reveal your watch targets with no real gain. I mean someone could have claimed another watch (one-shot Joat or whatever) on you and said they saw VV targeting you; By revealing that info and the redirect info, you've actually reduced the chances of catching scum in counterclaims.

@Mina, I believe you said cognitive dissonance somewhere on my D1-D2 play. Cognitive dissonance would be a post where I say "Mina is town" and vote Mina in the same post. Re-reading the game in the night and changing my read on you is not cognitive dissonance. Also, I never attacked Ort in the game. I attacked CMAR,Iece on day one - Albatross is scummy because everyone he has attacked is in my current town books - the list keeps changing so who I find scummy due to their attacks also changes.

Also would like to note that your choice of attacking ABR, Fate, CMAR and lurkers in general is pretty weak.

@Raj
I agree with your sentiment that there may be scum on CMAR's wagon. Disagree with your Tar attack though.

@VV
He is obviously town. Pretty clear that the role is to do with worship since els was the one who started the discussion about whether SpyreX's delirium affects worship votes. Personally, regarding the situation I think it might be that SpyreX never worshipped in the first place. The fact that he didn't even consider his delirium's effects on worship indicate to me that he might be a Katy type role i.e the worship vote not counting role.

Any since the doors of massclaim have been opened, I see no reason why it should stop.
Here's what you should claim:

Rolename:
God\Mortal:
Any Worship Modifiers:
Worship vote N1:
Worship vote N2:
Faction (if any):
Ability:
N1 target:
N2 target:
<repeat above for each ability>
Ability (if your faction gets worship votes):

In fact it'll be easy if you can just edit the above. Nik, you missed out worship votes. (although I have all your N1 worship votes sans one, I would still like to confirm in case of mistakes)

28. DTMaster
21. Tarhalindur
9. Mighty Orbots
14. VasudeVa (replaces Elscouta)
17. Nikanor -> CMAR

Next: 25. CryMeARiver

2. Faraday
3. Albert B. Rampage
5. dramonic
6. chronopie
7. Fate
8. ooba
10. Parama
11. Plum, returned to the game Day 3.
12. totallynotmafia
15. DarkStalker
16. Snow_Bunny
18. Mina, returned to the game Day 3.
20. Katy
23. Albatross (replaces Kairyuu)
24. rajrhcpfreak
26. Iecerint
27. Xmite81 (replaces FlipScythe (replaces Ortolan))
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 am

Post by ooba »

Left out chronopie..
Full claimed except probably D2 worship and possible worship modifiers:

28. DTMaster
21. Tarhalindur
9. Mighty Orbots
14. VasudeVa (replaces Elscouta)
17. Nikanor -> CMAR
6. chronopie

Next:
25. CryMeARiver

Left:

2. Faraday
3. Albert B. Rampage
5. dramonic
7. Fate
8. ooba
10. Parama
11. Plum, returned to the game Day 3.
12. totallynotmafia
15. DarkStalker
16. Snow_Bunny
18. Mina, returned to the game Day 3.
20. Katy
23. Albatross (replaces Kairyuu)
24. rajrhcpfreak
26. Iecerint
27. Xmite81 (replaces FlipScythe (replaces Ortolan))
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Nikanor »

Mod: Can I get confirmation that claiming in the format ooba has proposed will not result in modkills?

The only things you can "directly quote" from a role PM are Role Names or Ability Names. As long as everything else is paraphrased, go for it.

One is enough.

I have to leave soon, but I'll reformat my claim once I get home.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

I can confirm that I first got a QT with ooba last night, and then with Niki when Kinetic decided that he had placed me with ooba in error.

Niki claimed that his character was a bisexual male in QT last night. I'm assuming that's true of Desire, but I don't know the flavor.

Both ooba and Niki denied responsibility for making the QT. Even though Niki did it. So that's something, though it's just as likely to indicate that Niki doesn't trust me as that Niki is scum.

I want to claim after CMAR.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”