Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Katy »

hahah you have to be kidding me ....

Vote: CMAR

I'm really on the ball today. Sorry for the triple post.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Iecerint »

@ MO, you're possibly forgetting about the cult.

I'm on the fence between voting CMAR and Alba, I think.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Iecerint, actually, I'm fairly sure based on how I'm getting people clear right now (and the fact that we think that the cult didn't recruit night one) that none of the core I'm working with could have been cult as of their actions night two. A cult is actually a reason to do the mass claim sooner though. If we do have players recruited then we've got more people inclined to lie about information (compared to town who should tell the truth.) An earlier mass claim should give less corrupt information on the whole.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

I mean, it's possible that the modified cult can only recruit certain types of characters (e.g. humans only), which massclaim could break. Or something. I don't really know how you'd balance cults in a game that could go on for this long. Maybe a softcap on number of recruitees?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I'm for mass claim, btw just to get it out there.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Katy wrote:
Vote: CMAR
Baa.

VOTE: CMAR

Katy's done an excellent job outlining why CMAR has an above-average chance of being scum. Wagon plz.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Fate »

AIRPLANES IN THE NIGHT SKY ARE LIKE SHOOTING STARS
I COULD REALLY USE A LYNCH RIGHT NOW
LYNCH RIGHT NOW
LYNCH RIGHT NOW

UNVOTE:
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Iecerint, truth be told I don't know how the cult recruitment works. It's supposed to be a modified cult so that could have something to do with a restriction on who they can recruit or when or something I'm just not thinking of at all. I do know that I'm not interested in letting fear of a cult that apparently didn't recruit the first night and that I don't think will be recruiting tonight keep me from pushing the best plan I've got to try to catch both them and the mafia. In any case, there's already been a lot of information leaked about different role names and divinities and the like. If they need some information in particular to recruit Im' guessing they've got enough to manage a couple recruits already and would get the rest as the game went on regardless of a mass claim.

Actually, speaking of modified things, those who haven't already might find it useful to take the time to look over the latest batch of roles in Tarhalidur's Mind Screw Mafia 4. I know that Tarhalindur provides some inspiration for Kinetic and I see that there is something explicitly called a modified survivor in that batch (which the various parts of Fraction Jackson could pick as their Faction.) Many of the ideas used are probably further away from normal than we're dealing with here but it's not a bad read in any case.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Parama »

BTW CMAR seems to have flaked the site in case anyone is wondering. He's been replaced or is being replaced in several of my games. Just sayin'. Don't let me change your read on him, but I think votes on CMAR are somewhat futile atm.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Baa
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Fate »

CHRONOPIE IS BACK IN TOWN ABOUT TIME
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
DarkStalker
DarkStalker
Townie
DarkStalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by DarkStalker »

I am in a bit of a hurry at the moment. I have skimmed some of recent stuff but not all. I'll address some points going on in this post and rest of stuff like what TNM has recently said and Kat's case on CMAR and other cases and wagons in my next post. Here's stuff i want to talk about for now as i feel getting lottery guess in asap is a good idea

@ooba

Do you still suspect me and or do you suspect me because I am starting to doubt ABR? Or you just saying "yo dude don't suspect ABR he is cool"?

@Mighty Orbits
Mighty Orbots wrote:@DarkStalker, totallynotmafia almost certainly had the hammer from BlazezRb based on what he was trying to say about the vote counts yesterday.

@totallynotmafia, did you have the hammer from BlazezRb? Do you still have it?
I don't think that's what blaze was saying:
BlazezRb wrote:I am not a vig, I can't just go out and waste my ability.
If you do want to know something,
I'm a more powerful voter
than Fate.

Beholder wrote:
Day 2, Vote Count 5

The Endless Night...

Losses continue within the core, but perhaps there is a reason to hope?

11 Plum
( 1 )
[ 13 ]
-
12 totallynotmafia
( 3 )
[ 11 ]
- Plum, BlazeRb, ChroniePie
14 VasudeVa
( 1 )
[ 13 ]
-
Look at the VC and try to figure out what I am talking about,
this has nothing to do with cover action
BlazezRb wrote:
Parama wrote:
Fate wrote:Preview Edit: PARAMA STOP TELLING THE GOD DAMN TRUTH ABOUT YOUR ABILITY. NOW NO ONE WILL CLAIM WHEN WE USE IT ON THEM
Like I've been saying, worshipping JC Angels will give me something infinitely more useful.

Blaze, so your vote is also placed on the person above and below the person you're voting for? 0_o
:wink:
BlazezRb wrote:3. Cover Action is a Rapid ability - Target player's actions can't be redirected
My Hammer has 3 abilities:
Votes above and Below target
Person using the hammer's votes,abilities and actions can't redirected.
From this I thought he meant
person with the hammer got 3 votes in a row
. Not
Blaze voting person with hammer
put out 3 votes in a row. The 3 people on TNM were Chrono, Plum and Blaze. We should be asking chrono and Plum if they have the hammer and if neither does then I believe Blaze still had it on Day 2 which might be why he was trying to say he later targeted himself when he was talking with IEC.

@Plum and Chrono, Do either of you have Blaze's hammer?

Snow Bunny already guessed Hammer. i don't know if she was thinking like this but I think I'll guess something else then. I couldn't find a good guess at some item manho's character would have so I went and looked at the wiki link Mighty Orbits posted earlier here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human
ODIN - The Organically Distributed Intelligence Network. He employs two ravens, Hugin and Munin, to serve as his eyes. He created the rest of the Aesir from flesh and cybernetics and infused them with the power of the Runes to save humanity from destruction.

And from a wiki on the Norse god Odin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODIN
Odin has a number of magical artifacts associated with him: the spear Gungnir, which never misses its target; a magical gold ring (Draupnir), from which every ninth night eight new rings appear; and two ravens Huginn and Muninn (Thought and Memory), who fly around Earth daily and report the happenings of the world to Odin in Valhalla at night. He also owned Sleipnir, an octopedal horse, who was given to Odin by Loki, and the severed head of Mímir, which foretold the future. He also commands a pair of wolves named Geri and Freki, to whom he gives his food in Valhalla since he consumes nothing but mead or wine. From his throne, Hlidskjalf (located in Valaskjalf), Odin could see everything that occurred in the universe. The Valknut (slain warrior's knot) is a symbol associated with Odin. It consists of three interlaced triangles.

Lottery: Hugin and Munin

Lottery: Hugin and Munin

And if that is not a valid guess because there are two ravens and they are possibly the 2 items because hammer is with chrono and plum then

Lottery: Hugin

Lottery: Hugin

Thought sounds perhaps a little more useful than memory since Percy and inHim weren't arround too long to remember much lol. In general I have no idea what the ravens will do for me, or if they are right, or if they are 2 separate items but I will give it a shot. I don't have a better guess so why not. If some other people want they can try guessing the ravens names individually and see if they do indeed work as 2 separate items. Someone is also welcome to guess the names of Odin (Norse God) pair of wolves. But be for warned the rules seem to show guessing the same thing as someone else could be useless so proceed at your own risk. 2 items, 2 wolves, 2 ravens. I am guessing the 2 ravens because it appears to be the only thing both Odins might of had in common with the little research I did and because their are 2 of them they may be the exact 2 items we are looking for if the hammer really is still out there. That is logic i am working with. More on stuff i promised in next post tomorrow
They taped over your mouth, Scribbled out the Truth with their lies, and gave animorpherv and PokerFace a hydra account :)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Plum »

If I had a hammer . . .

well sorry, I don't. Never had one here.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

isn't the gungnir associated with Cuchullain?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Okay, quick notes:

1) Dram's claimed role sounds similar to my Yuki Nagato role from Suzumiya Haruhi (dram: your role title wouldn't happen to be Modified Jailkeeper by any chance, would it?). Given that Kinetic was one of my backup mods for that game...
2) On Mind Screw 4: now that it's finished, I should note that the roles Kinetic really had access to before starting this game were Moriarty (who had a census ability - that was what spurred my [REDACTED] comment after ABR claimed a census role here and presumably what spurred Kinetic's response - as well as a 1-shot ability to learn the number of players of each faction on a single wagon and a 1-shot item census) and Fraction Jackson (the wild card with a ton of abilities). I'd be more confident about him drawing inspiration from the former.
3) I support massclaim wholeheartedly - but that's probably because I know I'm pretty damn good at setup analysis (it's probably my best means of scumhunting). (Not perfect - Kinetic's the only person I've ever seen break one of my setups (and he very nearly did it twice, only screwing up in MS4 due to assuming Outsider would work the same as in LotA), and I've seen enough of his past setups to know he has somewhat different ideas on balance - but I'm not going to be too useful otherwise.

There are a few good reasons for massclaim other than enabling my scumhunting - it reduces cult problems** and reduces the confusion inherent in high-complexity setups (there's a REASON town hasn't won a Mind Screw large game). Best case scenario is being able to kill unconfirmeds faster than scum can kill confirmeds, but that's fragile (DTMaster has limited shots left, so we're dependent on Snow_Bunny not dying) and can be risky (see Mind Screw 4, where Cobalt/Dry-fit won the game for scum due to being falsecleared in the midgame).

* - Honestly, once I'm outside of my three good areas - setup analysis, finding partners, and good meta reads - I consider myself a bad scumhunter.

** - Speaking of modified cults... I have a nasty suspicion Kinetic borrowed a version of my Hypnotist from LotA. ABR, that square with what you know?

Katy's case against CMAR looks solid on first glance, though I'll want to check CMAR's meta myself to be sure.

Unvote if voting, Vote: CMAR
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

dramonic wrote:isn't the gungnir associated with Cuchullain?
No, that would be Gaebolg.

(I still suspect the items are going to be related to those players who died D1, not D2...)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

By role title, you mean...?

I have a name, and then my abilities.
There is no, you are "insert basic role name here"
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Beholder
Beholder
Townie
Beholder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Beholder »

Day 3, Vote Count 3

The Red Sun Lottery

Everyone is powerless, equal, and the introduction of the Lottery radically changes the balances.

2 Faraday
( 0 )
-
3 Albert B. Rampage
( 0 )
-
5 dramonic
( 0 )
-
6 chronopie
( 0 )
-
7 Fate
( 0 )
-
8 ooba
( 0 )
-
9 Mighty Orbots
( 0 )
-
10 Parama
( 0 )
-
11 Plum
( 0 )
-
12 totallynotmafia
( 2 )
- Faraday, Dramonic
14 VasudeVa
( 0 )
-
15 DarkStalker
( 1 )
- TotallyNotMafia
16 Snow_Bunny
( 0 )
-
17 Nikanor
( 0 )
-
18 Mina
( 0 )
-
20 Katy
( 0 )
-
21 Tarhalindur
( 0 )
-
23 Albatross
( 3 )
- Nikator, Snow_Bunny, Ooba
24 rajrhcpfreak
( 0 )
-
25 CryMeARiver
( 6 )
- DarkStalker, Katy, Mighty Orbots, Fate, Chroniepie, Tar
26 Iecerint
( 0 )
-
27 Xite91
( 0 )
-
28 DTMaster
( 0 )
-

Votes Required to Lynch: 12
Not Voting: Bad Number.
Deadline: July 7

Two things of note. One, I totally forgot to put today's poem at the beginning of the day. Silly me. I'll put it there tomorrow most likely. Second, there was a minor mod error during the night. It has been fixed and should not actually change anything in the game, however I'm putting a note here so anyone can ask me later and judge for themselves if it would have an impact.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Fate »

That VC better be wrong.

Give me a specific. Otherwise I'm going to just use mod authority to say its right and then lynch you with it.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by dramonic »

Not Voting: 23

I think that needs fixing :P

Bleh, I must have broken the formula when I changed the VC back to its normal version. I'll fix it for the next VC.
I'm a hoot
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Yeah i hope it's wrong too...

@MO: No, I don't have the hammer, what makes you think that I should? Also, if you had your way, would you want us to mass claim today?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@DarkStalker, ug, have I mentioned that I hate BlazezRb's claims and how hard they are to make sense of? I was going with the fact that he was very clear that he'd given the hammer to someone already, that the recipient had to be a god for the hammer to work for them and that it added votes to the person above and below it. I didn't particularly think he had to be voting for totallynotmafia for it give those votes, just that it would do it automatically. In any case, totallynotmafia had more or less claimed god by claiming that he's associated with some pantheon and had the vote thing going. Now that he's claimed he doesn't have the hammer I guess it sort of has to be chronopie.

@totallynotmafia, if I had my way we'd mass claim before doing anything else right now, yes.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by ooba »

Mighty Orbots wrote:@totallynotmafia, if I had my way we'd mass claim before doing anything else right now, yes.
MO, were you recruited or something by any chance? I think the modified cult can only recruit Men. (Doesn't make sense if it is Gods) - your god/mortal fishing of TNM gives me bad vibes.

@Nikanor - Yes.

@DS - It's one of the scummy points I have against you.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

What strikes me about the CMAR wagon is that nobody voting for him has mentioned the fact that the universal roleblock has probably temporarily disabled his unlynchability and unkillability. If CMAR is town with these powers that he claims, then today may be scum's only opportunity to get rid of a powerful town player.

Of course if CMAR is scum then it's our opportunity to lynch him today, but as I said I'm surprised nobody who has voted him has said this yet.

I think CMAR needs to fullclaim. If his claim doesn't fit with an unlynchable, unkillable townie then we lynch him today. If, however, it makes sense for him to be a townie with those powers then I'd be suspicious of those starting the wagon on him.

@MO: Do you think that the universal roleblock will stop scum's nightkill?

For the record I have in no way claimed I'm a god of any kind, it's just that I know which pantheon is affiliated with my role (I assumed everybody was associated with one).
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@ooba, that's a silly thing to ask (what do you think I'll answer?) but, no I wasn't recruited. Call it god/mortal fishing if you like (though it seems to me like my call for a divinity claim yesterday would be more along those lines) but, as totallynotmafia has just pointed out he's been claiming he's affiliated with a particular pantheon. So far as I can tell none of the other claimed men should be (Big Daddy, Hit Girl, Zelda and Technomage are the public ones just off the top of my head; I know a couple more and there might be more in the thread.) My working assumption was that affiliation was likely to indicate divinity.

@totallynotmafia, CryMeARiver has stated that the immunity to kills ended yesterday (so far as I could tell when trying to get information out of him.) I didn't get the impression that it was because of the universal roleblock or that he'd be getting it back after today. As far as the universal roleblock goes, you now know as much about it as I do. I think that it should stop the mafia kill as I suspect that should come from an ability but I'm not positive. I have taken that into account when I say that I think that a mass claim right now is the way to go.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”