Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Mina »

Freedom! Sweet, sweet freeedoooom!

Okay. Right now, I'm trying to catch up in another game and don't have much time, so I'll save my suspicions, thoughts on what I missed, and reread of Percy/inHim for later. But first I'll come forward with the information everyone is waiting for.

Like Mighty Orbots said, we share a QT with night-talking together. We have not been confirmed to each other as town; however, I currently trust him.

Mighty Orbots warned about the no action Day-Night cycle on D3 long in advance. He also said on N1 that he would investigate Starbuck and Saint_Kerrigan, so it really was bad luck that both of them ended up dead by N2. He is also telling the truth about someone redirecting a kill toward inHimshallibe.

Everything dramonic has mentioned in the thread about limbo is what he told me. He did tell me I was his meatshield, and we were chatting in a QT all day. When I saw that I'd been placed in limbo, I thought it was because the scum wanted to shut me up...but no, apparently dramonic just suspected me. Our QT was called an interrogation room, and Kinetic's opening post said it was a place for [insert role name] to interrogate his captives (which implies I'm a suspect, although Kinetic might have been deliberately misleading). That said, I kind of have to do mental gymnastics to understand how the flavour of his role fits with his abilities.

He chose me because he wasn't sure I was town, but wasn't sure I was scum, either. When I pressed him afterward, dramonic pretty much admitted in our QT that he was just sheeping SpyreX because he trusted him due to SpyreX's redirection ability fitting with dramonic's immunity to it. (Thanks, SpyreX. <_<)

Finally, he released me because he
was fed up with all my walls of text in the QT
said I'd probably be more useful here. Before Zorblag's Plum suggestion, he'd wanted to take someone he said would be a good meatshield because of his lurking (not sure if I should reveal the target), although dramonic wasn't particularly suspicious of him.

Not to bring back Sky flashbacks, but dramonic originally posted under a pseudonym. He revealed himself after I had fun guessing who he was (I guessed right, because I'm awesome :D). However, Kinetic referred to dramonic by that same pseudonym. And later, dramonic said it was his real role name. In fact, he joked that he wouldn't give himself a pretentious title like that. I don't think dramonic is Sky.

You know, maybe I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome, but I'm actually leaning toward trusting dramonic. As with Mighty Orbots, his play in the thread has been consistent with his play in the QT. And judging by his spotty play, I don't think he could keep up the act that well if he were scum. Of course, he might have pretended to be town so that I could vouch for him when he released me into the thread. And I would also be a great limbo target for scum, because I was both active and a viable lynch. But I dunno. His suspicions and opinions aren't fleshed out, and I find he tends to parrot a bit, but he sounds genuine and consistent.

I was planning on revealing everything about limbo in the thread today without giving away the identity of the limboer unless he was in danger of a lynch. But everyone threatening to vig dramonic forced his hand (read: made me shout that if he didn't confess and I got vigged instead of him, I would throw a fit). It would tell scum how to work around the jailkeeping, but I'd rather eat a nightkill than a vig kill. The fact that dramonic confessed is a point in his favour, although I did mention in the QT that he might be lynched or vigged again if the kill on him failed.

If people have any questions, feel free to ask them.

Oh, yeah. One last thing.

I
was the one who noticed the inconsistency in ooba's suspect list. I was venting in the interrogation room QT over how no one else had picked up on it. Had I been in the game, I would have pressed ooba a lot harder on it. His weird theorizing gives him a few town points, but I still don't quite buy that he had a total change of heart on ALL his suspects. MO was defending me BEFORE ooba implied he still wanted to lynch me. As SpyreX would put it...cognitive dissonance.

Iecerint, you said that you found dramonic's misrep of ooba scummy--to the point that you VOTED him primarily for pointing out the contradiction. Does it change your read on me to know that
I
was the one who thought it was a contradiction? Then, when
I
dramonic pointed out quotes where ooba had clung to his suspects even after new events had occurred, you saw his point, but still left your vote on him. I've been wavering back and forth on you (I started suspecting you again at the beginning of Day Two, but thought you were more likely town by the end), but why the hell would you give a kneejerk defence of ooba before even rereading to see if dramonic's accusations were true? Regardless of ooba's alignment, that's fishy. Couldn't you have just waited for ooba to answer that himself?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:01 am

Post by dramonic »

Mina wrote:That said, I kind of have to do mental gymnastics to understand how the flavour of his role fits with his abilities.
QFT, although the name of my redirection dodging ability DOES fit <<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Mina »

Heh heh, I got that one. Capturing players, too. Not so much the interrogation room.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Iecerint »

I read it as dram panicking. I suspected dram D2 and liked ooba's D2 town/suspect list (except for manho). I would not have jumped in if you had been the one to ask about the inconsistency, in part because you probably would have made a longer post that made clear why you thought it was an inconsistency. At worst, I probably would've asked you why you thought X was a discrepancy given Y and Z from D1 (i.e. where Y and Z are events that implied ooba's changing perspective). dram's post looked like it was skimming over lots of details to find something wrong with ooba's post.

dram's post wasn't as bad as I'd assumed when I went back to reread ooba, though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

Waiting on a PM from Kinetic OKing handling of the post times before the Norse QT Percy posts.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Faraday »

Lottery : Sorting Hat

Hmm Mina's information makes me more inclined to trust Dramonic somewhat.i His abillity pretty much is an interrogater, it's also pretty cool but yeah.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm hoping Percy contributed more in the QT than in the thread.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Iecerint »

Not really. Percy posted 5 times and inHim posted once.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: Albatross.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Nikanor wrote:I wouldn't be too surprised if ABR flipped cult leader, tbh.
Nobody knew there was a cult in the first place until I outed it. Unfortunately, I don't have any revelations today. I might have been roleblocked or something.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

Everyone was blocked. And I say that because you've done nothing all game.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:14 am

You have done nothing all game Nikanor.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Nikanor »

I've done more than you have.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:16 am

Lottery: Cloak
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ooh, I missed 2 posts he did as his modding name. I've got the OK from the Mod. I'll list the month/date of each post. I can get a little more specific upon request.

5/22

Percy greets us and wonders who else has access to the thread. He's first after Kinetic.

5/23

Percy greets me specifically, wonders at who Sky was, and mentions that his only experience as a Neighbor was as scum once, so he wasn't sure how to handle the QT and wanted advice. (This was kinda weird.)

5-29

Percy apologizes because he didn't know we could daytalk. (This is after I came out as having a daytalk QT in thread.) He may have put off posting intentionally before that so I would out myself for having the thread, since before that I'd specifically asked him to come and confirm that he wasn't Sky (SB had already cooperated).

He also claims Norse God and claims that when he has Worship he can make players "Runed," which lets them into our QT.

(A little explanation -- "being a Norse God" and "having access to our QT" are NOT quite the same thing. There's a separate passive ability called "Runed" that allows access to the QT. Also, players don't know 100% who has access to the QT and who doesn't, so there can be any number of lurkers at any given moment.)

If anyone else had players randomly and unnecessarily claim worship targets around this time, it might be a scumtell. Scum may have encouraged scumNeighbors to fish for abilities like this.

Also claims intent to return to the QT the next day.

6-3 (N1)

Percy apologizes for output, says that work makes it hard for him to contribute. He also claims that he has a separate ability (from the Neighborizing bit) that he can use without worship and that he was trying to decide who to use it on. He never gives information about the ability itself.

Tells SB that he's regretful for her personal problems.

6-5 (N1)

Says he's almost caught up, and FINALLY explicitly says he's not Sky. Claims that he thought his wondering at who Sky was early game (as listed above; it was after Kinetic had saying Sky couldn't post anonymously, so I thought it wasn't totally bogus, even if the kind of move I'd never expect from Percy) amounted to claiming not Sky to justify how long it took him.

Since Kinetic confirmed that none of the public posters in-QT was Sky, and that he would identify Sky in-QT if he ever posted, Percy's reluctance to claim not-Sky explicitly may imply that Percy is scum with Sky, because Percy would have no reason to put off claiming "not Sky" otherwise (he'd probably want to fake scumhunt and help me find him).

Claims a townread on me. Argues I got scrutiny D1 mainly because of high output. Speculates that there was scum on my wagon. Asks me who I think it was.

In a separate post a few minutes afterwards, adds that he thinks trusting ABR is a poor course of action, and that he will worship GOO N1.

In yet another post later on the same day (after a wallpost from me where I list my Sky suspects and say I suspect damn near every player in the game except POSSIBLY Mina, among other things), Percy lists his top post-read suspects as MO, TNM, and raj. He's not sure about ABR. He's also not sure about ABR, but he's happy I made a suspect list based on posting times. Based on the list, speculates that Fate might be Sky might be Loki, but he's not sure.

6-10 (D2)

IHSIB says he's gonna read the thread. Fails to follow-up when I ask him about Blaze's post later on.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:28 am

I also believe Percy was scum. We have to wait until tomorrow to confirm.

Nikanor, not everyone was blocked last night...the two corpses are evidence of that. Thanks for following the game though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Iecerint »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I also believe Percy was scum. We have to wait until tomorrow to confirm.

Nikanor, not everyone was blocked last night...the two corpses are evidence of that. Thanks for following the game though.
1. You are a scientist.
2. If kills resolve the same night, that wouldn't be consistent with MO's claim. Correct me if you have reason to believe the kills themselves occur at daybreak (i.e. rather than the bodies being found at daybreak). But I think MO looks bad if there are corpses tomorrow. Only explanation would be a delayed kill.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:33 am

I think no one was blocked last night, instead the block works for today and tonight.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Iecerint »

Oh, I see what you mean. Katy said she "got her PM," so I think you're correct about that. I was confused about when your ability functions.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Xite91 »

@ABR or you were making things up yesterday and now that you have numbers out there, if you mess up on your assumptions you die anyways, so you say you were role blocked to keep from having to point out new numbers. I still say you're as scummy to me as you were yesterday.
vote: ABR
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Plum »

Xite, don't be an idiot. ABR wasn't making thing up unless you think we're teammates and I claimed Modified Survivor to back him up. His ability doesn't guarantee he's Town but he's not making things up.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Xite91 »

I've seen some dumb things in mafia games, I don't put anything past anyone, especially not making things up. But even with that aside, I'm just replacing my vote from yesterday. I truly think he's scum
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Plum »

Explain how ABR could have correctly guessed
Modified
Survivor was my Role without some sort of information along the lines of what he's claimed. It fits too well with what we know to be made up.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Parama »

Does that confirm his alignment, though? Sure he has setup information, but that doesn't confirm his alignment either way.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Plum »

Parama wrote:Does that confirm his alignment, though? Sure he has setup information, but that doesn't confirm his alignment either way.
I agree, but Xite saying he was making things up yesterday is completely false. He clearly knew (at least some of, probably most if not all of) the info he was giving us then.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”