Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Plum »

Iecerint wrote:Uh. Does Delirium have the "Sandman" item?
I don't know what you're referring to. Got no PM about the Lottery, but once people started doing it I realized that reac=ding the thread is tech enough. Dunno if we're looting their corpses or what . . . I don't think so, given the wording of the Lottery mechanic, the fact that these items are only being introduced right now . . .
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Tarhalindur wrote:Holy crap - I just got a second PM from Beholder.

Inhimshallibe was the MAFIA GODFATHER. (Yes, that means I am now Town.) Snow_Bunny, if that was you... good shot.

Let's get to winning this.
Yep, that was me. And I thought I was just removing a lurker... Go figure, we took out the GF, and we earned a townie. Best kill evar. ^_^

Do I get a cookie?

Lottery: Hammer
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ah, I see. I guess everyone saying things that aren't Sandman or Stargate are just making it up...?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by dramonic »

Lottery: Pawn
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lottery: gun
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Parama »

Lottery: Mirror
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Plum »

Iecerint wrote:Ah, I see. I guess everyone saying things that aren't Sandman or Stargate are just making it up...?
As far as I know I'm making things up/hoping to get lucky. Sandman was an actual character, one of the names of the one of the Endless (Dream) who was the protagonist of the series. The Stargate was some sort of gate through which one could travel to different points in space (? - I know it's some sort of special travel device, getting a skim of the Wikipedia artical).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hmm.

Lottery: Sandman
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Plum »

Good luck; he's probably a player in this game, if anything.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

OK, now that Snow_Bunny has claimed her kill it's time for information. Actually, shockingly enough I'm slightly disappointed that she says she killed inHimshallibe. I know that's crazy talk; stick with me here.

Last night I used a one shot watch ability on Snow_Bunny. Three players targeted her. I can account for Mighty Orbots with the watch. The other two would have been slightly more clear if she'd claimed to have tried to have killed anyone else.

Last night, after I explained that my redirect was a twilight action (rather than a daybreak action) I learned that someone else had access to a redirect as a daybreak action and that they were still able to use it. After much discussion it was decided that they would target Snow_Bunny with the redirect and redirect her shot to inHimshallibe (as we weren't sure that we trusted her judgment after Night One.) The person doing the redirect was the one who made the call about who they were redirecting to and I suggested a number of names of which inHimshallibe was only one. I pretty strongly suspect that if they wanted to they could have redirected the shot (explosion actually, based on flavor) to someone other than scum if they had wanted to without making me suspicious. As such, that we now apparently know inHimshallibe was the godfather means that I've got a pretty strong reason to trust the redirector. If Snow_Bunny had tried to kill anyone else and the shot had been redirected it would remove a tiny amount of doubt but so be it.

In any case, the redirector did target Snow_Bunny like they should have.

The third person targetting Snow_Bunny almost certainly wasn't doing it with a kill or a roleblock as the shot did work and she's still alive. Given that she was a claimed vig I'm going to assume that scum, if they bothered targetting her, wouldn't leave her alive and shooting. As such I believe that this person is also town.

I am not at this point going to publicly out either of those two players. They should both know who they are. Actually, there are others that I mostly trust for now who also know who the redirector is so that information won't be lost even if I die for whatever reason.

As a result of all of this there are now a total of 6 players including Mighty Orbots who I am almost certain based on actions and claims need to be town. I don't see any feasible way for Tarhalindur to have been faking his claim without knowing that my roleblock on day three was going to happen ahead of time. If he did know that somehow or he just made up a story that was probably going to fall apart when the godfather didn't get lynched then I'm going to get this game wrong anyhow so I'll just be working with the assumption that he must be town at this point. DTMaster gets pretty much the same treatment now. I think that there's enough role based reason to think that Snow_Bunny should be town that she's going to go on the list as well.

That gives me the following as town (without even really having to have good reads):

DTMaster
Mighty Orbots
Snow_Bunny
Tarhalindur
Redirector
Other Snow_Bunny Targetter

I think that there are probably some other players that can be added to that list based on strength of read but I want to talk with Papa Zito some about it. In any case, we should now have a solid core of players who I hope can trust each other well enough to work together to start breaking this game wide open. There is a pretty minute possibility that this is all a conspiracy being concocted to trick me with some fake information but I don't think I'm paranoid enough to buy that at this time.

@Iecerint, the information that I've read about the Too Human universe is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human . That certainly doesn't make ODIN seem as though he'd be likely to be scum. Further the Set character from the Stargate Universe wasn't a good guy at all so far as I can tell. At this point I'm inclined to think that we can probably throw out any assumptions we might have been clinging to that alignments are based on roles. Perhaps others will disagree.

Mod: Can we get a prod on rajrhcpfreak?

@chronopie do you have anything to add to the game at this point other than your lottery vote? I'm disconcerted by the fact that you're aware enough to be getting that in but don't have anything else to share.

@Albert B. Rampage and Mina, right now I'm perhaps most interested in hearing what you've learned since you posted last.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Plum »

Weird coincidence that Snowy was redirected to the player she decided to kill on her own, from a list of at least six potential players she's have liked to Vig, if memory serves. And by 'weird coincidence' I mean 'how sure are we that there were no shenanigans from her'? I might be missing something. But.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Plum, actually I think it was 9 players that made her list. It is a bit surprising but why would she lie about that? If she got redirected why not claim her original target as whoever it would have been from her list?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Because it turned out to be the gf and it gives her amazing townie points?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Plum »

Yeah, she claimed the shot
after
the news that it was the Godfather went around, not before.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Xite91, but wouldn't she assume that someone would be claiming the redirect anyhow? I just don't see what there is to gain from it at this point. Add that to how she claimed the kill yesterday in the upfront way she did and I just don't see a good non-town path for her to be taking. It's a bit of a coincidence but multiple people coming to the conclusion that inHimshallibe was the best choice for a kill isn't all that out of the question I don't think.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Plum »

I'll deal with Snowy, for now, but am not entirely convinced that there are no shenanigans going around. She'd assume a redirector might claim or it might have been madness that no one could or would claim which caused it, and that given that inHim was the GF and that he was on her original list she might as well try to make the most of it. Basically, I'm not willing to declare her almost surely Town because of this.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Plum, it's not because of this claimed shot that I think she's almost certainly town. It's because of the way things came out yesterday. If we believe Albert B. Rampage about roles there's no Serial Killer in the game which would mean that she'd be mafia if she was a killing role. I can't think of a time that I've seen a member of the mafia come out as a vig on day one; it's just not a safe or wise thing to do.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Oh. Huh. I see.

My role PM makes no reference to that universe apart from the name of the mortal voting weight ability. There's no implication that my character is cybernetically enhanced, or anything other than the vanilla Norse god. I am one of the gods listed on that page, though.

So, you think SB both happened to target IHSIB and she was redirected there, or you just think she's so town for other reasons that it outweighs the statistical likelihood that she targeted someone else and went for a +like grab. or...?

Preview edit: You already answered it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

There's the added problem that scum have apparently failed to kill twice consecutively. Tar claimed a burnt kill the first time, but hmm.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Plum »

Mighty Orbots wrote:@Plum, it's not because of this claimed shot that I think she's almost certainly town. It's because of the way things came out yesterday. If we believe Albert B. Rampage about roles there's no Serial Killer in the game which would mean that she'd be mafia if she was a killing role. I can't think of a time that I've seen a member of the mafia come out as a vig on day one; it's just not a safe or wise thing to do.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mmmmmf. We don't know enough about the mechanics and setup to rule it out, but very well.

Oh yeah, but what Iecerint said.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Plum »

No wait, Iec, didn't the second kill from last Night not come from the Godfather-lyncher and so was probably a Mafia kill?
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Basically it comes down to the fact that if Snow_Bunny isn't town she's going to reveal herself via a kill where it shouldn't be one of these days anyhow. Until that happens I'm going to go with the most obvious scenario we could be working with. The coincidence of her choosing the same target isn't large enough to make me overly suspicious at this time.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

@Plum right now we've had 4 kills. Snow_Bunny has claimed two (SpyreX and inHimshallibe) and Tarhalindur has one (SaintKerrigan) with DTMaster picking up the last (manho.)

We've got a bulletproof power used by Tarhalidur that accounts for one more kill. That does leave a kill probably unaccounted for from last night. I can think of a couple things that might have happened to it but I'll hold off on the speculation for now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I protected Orbots last night. Maybe that's where the kill went?

Lottery: Belt
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Quick post before going to work:

I was redirected? O_o. Honestly, after the voting things for my targets and all of that, I decided it was best to go after a lurker. I wanted to go for others, but there were mixed feeling between some of you, so I decided it was best for to just take out a lurker. After all, I was doing both town and him a favour (well, if he's dead he doesn't have to catch up. :P).
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”