Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Anon »

I would like a good damn reason, besides not being in the game, (check my other games for checking my massive inactivity), that explains clearly why I am so high on your lists.

In the meantime, Ill reread what I missed and come up with some scumbags for dinner.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Anon »

Ok, Pom is very likely scum.
Zachrulez wrote:But we can still vote unofficially.
Like this.
Vote:Jack
Pomegranate wrote:I don't think that what Jack did (not read the rules properly) makes him scum. It's a nulltell, IMO. Why does it make him scum, Zach?
This is the kind of questions Ive seen scum do more than townies and that caught my attention in page 1. Not only you try to appear active, you also try to generate a fight against two townies. (Yes, if Pomscum -> Jacktown and Zachtown).

I dont like the tone of the question as well. Its like Pom is trying to generate a fight when using the "why does it make him scum" instead of "why are you voting him?"

By page 2, Pom keeps talking about game generals (and enforcing it) instead of scumhunting.
Pomegranate wrote:Zach, why do you have to seem so much like scum jumping a quick, early wagon?
Vote: Zach
mmhmm, in a game that doesnt lynch with wagons...
Pomegranate wrote:Because everyone else's vote makes sense to me except for Elli, but that's just his playstyle. Your less so. Still, looking back at the post in which you voted me, I will Unvote.
backtracking with ellibuddying and even wrong since there were a lot of people that were voting without reasons. Pom voted Zach with NO VALID REASON.

I dont need to read more to put Pom at the top of my list.

Now lets hunt for the scumpartner.

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Anon »

The exchange on page 6 between volkan and buttonmen smells bad. Specially when we analyse this ballot:
TheButtonmen wrote:
Offical Ballot:

1) Jason
2) Anon
3) Shattered
4) Volkan
5) Pomegranate
6) Zachrulez
7) Jack
8) Elliberth
I dont like it, considering Buttonmen was pretty right and aggressive on attacking volkan for posting a lot of fluff but nothing remarkable. Why is he lower than lets just say, Anon and Shattered, players that were useless scummy?

I also dont like how buttonmen and volkan totally ignore pom's scumminess and are staying out of the wagon. Even more interesting is how they agree after the big argument on page 6;
TheButtonmen wrote:A) Holy crud no questions and B) I agree with Vollkan
Either one of these guys is scum with Pom and is using the other to give her a small chance of surviving, or these guys are both scum and bussing softly while appearing protown ignoring the easy target.
Jack wrote:Pom is gut scummy. Vollkan is over analyzing a low activity game.
wow QFT, I was about to write that.
volkan wrote:Your push on Pom didn't make sense to me because you hadn't backed it up with anything. Everything I said before was valid - you've only now supplemented yourself with additional reasoning.
is volkan saying here that pushing people with no reasoning is something he has serious issues with? Volkan, is this the first time you see someone pushing without explaining his reasoning?

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Jack »

Sorry I put you as my #2 anon, that was a while back.

TBM push on jason is interesting to me too.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Anon »

Im thinking more and more on Volkan-TBM scumteam. They sound so informed its not funny. Buttonmen was the first to catch volkan's fluffiness when everyone was putting him as the towniest of the game. And they both ignore Pom's scumminess for players with slight scumtells (Anon for being useless, Zach for pushing without reasoning).

I dont even know who vollkan truly suspects (besides the soft attack against Zach) despite he spamming the thread with game theory.

The problem is that I cant get over Pom's scumminess. Why hasnt she claimed yet?

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Anon wrote:I would like a good damn reason, besides not being in the game, (check my other games for checking my massive inactivity), that explains clearly why I am so high on your lists.

In the meantime, Ill reread what I missed and come up with some scumbags for dinner.

Yea sure, these are my reasons...

right from the start oes after pom.. and wants quick ballots. this is on Page 2 I believe
Anon wrote:
Anon wrote:By page
4, my top candidates for scumbags are Pom and jason. Maybe Zanch and Eli.
I havent changed my mind.

I think we should post ballots here.
calls people out for not scum hunting with nothing done himself.
Anon wrote:Elli, why arent you scumhunting?

Comes in, posts his ballots without reasons for anything then demands we discuss. Also despite the pushing of Pom... has me on top of his list.
Anon wrote:jasonT1981
Pomegranate
Zachrulez
Ellibereth
Shattered Viewpoint
TheButtonmen
Jack
vollkan
Anon

Discuss
Very little actual content and it seems bussing of Pom.... wanting others to post ballots very early in game not giving people time to get good reads or scum hunt fully..... disappears after posting ballot,giving no reasons for why he thinks people are scummy..

od enough reason for you, Anon?
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Anon »

you really have no idea how to play this game.

why wanting quick ballots is scummy to you?

why do you think nonreasoning scumhunting (the scumhunting I used on previous pages) is not valid scumhunting?

do you think your little actual content (one of the reasons you are using to suspect me) is a good reason to suspect you as well?

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

I'm not reading Pom as scum.

Vollkan is lower then you because your scum, he's just scummy at the moment.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by vollkan »

Jason wrote: Yea, I have not been paying attention to this game. I have been wrapped up in my other game and forgot about this ome. SV case on me is silly I feel at this point.

Though somewhat hypocritical... right now Anon is topping my list as he has done nothing.
It's not "somewhat hypocritical". You've been lurking and you claim to have a legitimate excuse. I'm fine with that. But you undo that by then turning around and attacking Anon for exactly the same thing. It means you are either being outrightly hypocritical or being too lazy to make a case but also too dishonest to just admit that laziness.
Jason wrote: Yes, I did think the deadline was earlier than it was... I was guilty of not reading the deadline date and guilty of assumption. Truthfully, I have not gotten into this game the way I hoped I would hence the lack of activity.
Even with an imminent deadline? You didn't even think to post anything?
Jason wrote: I was kinda on the fence about pom, but this post has convinced me Pom is scum.
I think here you're just latching on to the next most feasible case, which would be...let me think...oh:
Jason wrote: deflection.
Anon wrote: is volkan saying here that pushing people with no reasoning is something he has serious issues with? Volkan, is this the first time you see someone pushing without explaining his reasoning?
I thought I was clear. Let me reiterate:

I
do not
think attacking somebody without reasons (what I call 'gut voting') is scummy. I do, however, consider it completely anti-town and I generally cajole the hell out of people who gut vote to make them give me my reasons. To quote from the "Theory Schools" MD thread a while back, to back this up meta-wise (though, googling vollkan and gut will give you a good idea as well):
Elmo in MD wrote: I really think Vollkan's actually been pretty much on his own in hating gut votes.
(I am not, by the way, talking about a situation where somebody, for tactical reasons, may say "I am not going to disclose my reasons at this point in time")

Unofficial ballot:

(I'm also using my 0 = obvtown, 100 = obvscum scale, and supplying reasons. I will caveat that in this game my numbers more a rough reflection of relative strength of suspicion, rather than the way I use them in some games of being cumulative additions of scumtells, mainly after replacing in)
Zachrulez
I said before that I wasn't going to take apart his reasons because I wanted to see Pom's defence. That will stand. I will say I think they are very weak, but I'm not counting them as a major problem given the nature of this game. However, the points I raised in my previous "overanalysing" post do stand: his original attack on Pom over discussing theory rather than the game was absolutely untrue (the theory was directly relevant to Jack, he failed to apply this standard to other people, and he kept on Pom despite his suspicion on Jason being clearly stronger at some points, looking seriously like he was hedging his bets). 65
jasonT1981
I don't agree with the "unnatural reaction" attack on him, and I don't think his lurking is scummy. That said, he needs to be questioned over the deadline thing and from the points I raise above, he seems to be approaching his lurkiing in a dishonest manner by trying to deflect on to the consensus candidate of Pom.

Anon
Crappy attack against Pom for her tone in asking a question, and then making a lazy line of attack against me for posting 'fluff' and spamming the thread.

Ellibereth
I basically find Ellibereth unreadable so far. Seeing now that there is a legitimate case against Pom, at least for a game this low on content, I'm not prepared to find him scummy for the unexplained push on Pom (ie. I would have if it hadn't been explained to be as having some sound basis). So he nets a
Jack
Basically same as Ellibereth.

Shattered Viewpoint
Pomegranate
TheButtonmen

Have to study,....will finish shortly
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I know that there's a lot for me to catch up on... but I'm busy until Wednesday night. Or maybe afternoon, if I'm lucky.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

vollkan wrote:
Zachrulez
I said before that I wasn't going to take apart his reasons because I wanted to see Pom's defence. That will stand. I will say I think they are very weak, but I'm not counting them as a major problem given the nature of this game. However, the points I raised in my previous "overanalysing" post do stand: his original attack on Pom over discussing theory rather than the game was absolutely untrue (the theory was directly relevant to Jack, he failed to apply this standard to other people, and he kept on Pom despite his suspicion on Jason being clearly stronger at some points, looking seriously like he was hedging his bets). 65
I'm doubting anyone else openly questioned a vote on the first page for theory reasons. And while that theory was relevant to Jack, I don't believe that Pom showed any interest in actually figuring out his alignment. Her questioning and theory to me looks like a player who's trying to appear active while not really doing anything. Discussing theory to justify a position on someone is acceptable, discussing theory for theory sake, while lurking and not seeming interested in reading anyone is scummy.

Also, I feel a bit misrepped on your claims that I had stronger suspicions of Jason. Just because
you feel they are stronger
doesn't mean I do. If I had felt that way, I would have changed my vote accordingly, and my ballot ordering would have reflected that.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Ellibereth »

ARARGRAH
I JUST WANT POMMY TO CLAIM.

Like, she's scum all over.
And then there's this one thing there that's town in the scum all over.
And I get all confused face.

I think that button/volk are the same alignment. I think I said that somewhere before but just to Zach or something like that.
VOLKAN, OMG QUESTION, what do you think about jason's whole 3 scum thingy.
FLASH OF GREEN
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Anon »

TheButtonmen wrote:I'm not reading Pom as scum.

Vollkan is lower then you because your scum, he's just scummy at the moment.
lol wtf?

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Anon »

Button and volkan, why are you not seeing Pom scum?

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Pom is currently writing her catchup post, so if you could wait a bit for her, she would be very grateful.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Anon »

Volkan wrote:I do not think attacking somebody without reasons (what I call 'gut voting') is scummy. I do, however, consider it completely anti-town and I generally cajole the hell out of people who gut vote to make them give me my reasons.
You should be wasting posts hunting for scummy things, not anti-town stuff. You are not thinking like a townie.
Volkan wrote:Anon Crappy attack against Pom for her tone in asking a question, and then making a lazy line of attack against me for posting 'fluff' and spamming the thread. 55
Explian clearly why my attack against Pom is crappy.

And second, Buttonmen attacked you first for the "fluff" thing. Its interesting I get 55 and he gets less or equal than 50. Mmmm.

Just curious, what do you think about button's reasonings that explain why I am scum?

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Anon »

Pomegranate wrote:Pom is currently writing her catchup post, so if you could wait a bit for her, she would be very grateful.
Pom, just claim.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Ellibereth wrote:POMMY.
How serious were you in that post that was sandwiched between my posts on Page 1?
Ellibereth wrote:And the next one after that too.
I mean, did you think I was serious about Pommy scum because you sounded like you were all that.
First one I wasn't really serious, second one not at all.

--
TheButtonmen wrote:ScumJason is lurking because town is focusing on Pom.

We should lynch him instead.
Very.

--
jason wrote: Though somewhat hypocritical... right now Anon is topping my list as he has done nothing.
Jason
, do you think hypocrisy is a scumtell?

--
jasonT1981 wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Pom claim.
What do you think of Jason?
deflection.
Not in the slightest. Elli wants me to claim; I don't think that makes sense; I want to know what he thinks of you.

--
jason wrote:I was kinda on the fence about pom, but this post has convinced me Pom is scum.
Jason
, you quoted a very long post (which I didn't include simply because of it's length). What in that post convinced you?

--
Anon wrote: I dont like the tone of the question as well. Its like Pom is trying to generate a fight when using the "why does it make him scum" instead of "why are you voting him?"
I word things weirdly. Deal with it.

--
Anon wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Zach, why do you have to seem so much like scum jumping a quick, early wagon?

Vote: Zach
mmhmm, in a game that doesnt lynch with wagons...
Effectively, it is close enough to the same thing: If I currently find you the most scummy, I will put you at the top of my ballot. (And it feels like a wagon when people post
Vote: Pomegranate
.)

--
Pomegranate wrote:Because everyone else's vote makes sense to me except for Elli, but that's just his playstyle. Your less so. Still, looking back at the post in which you voted me, I will Unvote.
backtracking with ellibuddying and even wrong since there were a lot of people that were voting without reasons. Pom voted Zach with NO VALID REASON.

He placed the fourth 'vote'. In fact, you included above it in your post. (Look at the pink above.)

--
Jason wrote: Very little actual content and it seems bussing of Pom....
Why do you think it is bussing?

--
Elli wrote: I think that button/volk are the same alignment.
I get the same vibe. And contrary to Anon, they seem more twon than scum to me.

--

Currently, the person who will be at the top of my ballot is Jason.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Anon »

As much as I hate jason way to play the game, all the accusations against him are unfounded basically for this post:
jasonT1981 wrote:not really, my post was taken from the point of my last post. at that time I didnt seem to sure on Pom. things progressed between my previous last post and the post I just made. I think she is scum, as is Jack and Anon. I was actually already in the process of writing my catch up when I was called out on my posts in other games.
if we work under the assumption that there is max 2 scum in a 9 player game, which seems reasonable enough, jason just told us he is not scum since he is working under the assumption that there is 3 scum in this game.

@Pom, of course youd think Button and volkan are town. They are basically the only people that think you are town with no valid reasoning. If you are town, you should claim in your next post.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Anon wrote:@Pom [...] If you are town, you should claim in your next post.
Why? Anon, if you are scum you would want me to claim in my next post.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Anon »

Pomegranate wrote:
Anon wrote:@Pom [...] If you are town, you should claim in your next post.
Why? Anon, if you are scum you would want me to claim in my next post.
Not at all.

My process of scumhunting needs a flip or a good damn reason (non lynchable claim, powerful town tell, etc) to stop pushing for the lynch or my top suspect. In the balance of my reads, you are the person that has committed more scumtells and nothing in your posts makes me think you are town.

Thats why I want you to claim.

Additional reason is that if you are town, then Buttonmen and volkan scumteam becomes even more evident. But I need to have a certainty that you are town and the only way I can get that is with a flip or with a good damn reason. (non lynchable claim, powerful town tell, etc)

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

But I don't feel like I'm at the equivalent of L-1. And if that's the case, I shouldn't claim. Right?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Anon »

Pomegranate wrote:But I don't feel like I'm at the equivalent of L-1. And if that's the case, I shouldn't claim. Right?
With 9 players, its 5 to lynch.

People that have expressed desire to lynch you are : Zach, Jack, Elli and Anon.

You, good lady, are at L-1.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Anon is being obvscum. Pom isn't scummy. Lynching her is a bad move. Lynch Anon or Jason, I'd actually prefer an Anon lynch at this point.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”