LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:56 am

Post by LimMePls »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Finally, LynchMePls, I'm glad you liked my case. What do you think about the specific aspects of it, though?
Look up, I answered this question for Percy. The Reader's Digest version is: I like the way you're catching up and actually participating, giving us a fresh perspective and a way to read you. I didn't say I necessarily agreed with your points. I also appreciate Thor's similar catching up posts.

I actually had a somewhat townish view of SSBF and ML, so I'm still pondering your observations. I'm just super glad you provided them, it's just the sort of thing I want from a replacement. There interactions could certainly be scum distancing, and a flip of SSBF would further establish it. We're not getting an SSBF flip today, we're too close to deadline and he is on too many people's town list.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

/prodded
@Unsight: That is incorrect. I was scum in Smash Bros. Mafia on that site.

I will be fine with a CryMeARiver's lynch, but Raivann has played so scumminly that he needs to die Day 1.

Unvote, Vote: Raivann

Finally, I need to re-read the thread for Day 2.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:39 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
vote raviann

Everyone from CMAR wagon switch here. I don't want this day to end in a no lynch
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Kinetic »

Avoiding Prod. Random stuff coming up, will read sometime today and catch up.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 am

Post by hasdgfas »

vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote raviann

Everyone from CMAR wagon switch here. I don't want this day to end in a no lynch
We have two days. Patience.

Who do you think is more likely scum? You've been switching between whoever is the leading bandwagon, but do you think anyone is scum? or do you just want to end the day?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Raivann wrote:Thor's post seems scummy to me as well, he is making sure not to offend.
Appeasement can be scummy.
Basic politeness is not.
Rudeness is not townish, while we're at it.
I'm (almost) always polite and certainly when playing attempt to offend no one, I'm not always scum.

Specifically what from my post do you see as my attempt to avoiding giving offense in a scummy manner? I personally think I made some pretty strong opinions known as regards the top wagons and those are solid opinions to have on the table whether or not I am attempting to offend anyone when making them.
I'm not a fan of either mine or CMAR wagons, but..
What are your thoughts on Budjra as a wagon? Why do you dislike the CMAR wagon?

I'll also second hasdgfas' question to vezokpiraka - I'm not a fan of no lynch, I'm less of a fan of voting for someone you don't think is scummy just to make a lynch happen.

I should be able to do more read through sometime today and will aim to have more thoughts up this evening (that said I'm working till 1 AM my time so any post will be late)
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Mikujin »

Raivann wrote:Well not much has changed.
Richard is still scum, Mina sure seems scared to leave me alive. Percy seems to always wanna lynch me.
Thor's post seems scummy to me as well, he is making sure not to offend.
You should open up a restaurant with all that spaghetti you're throwing around. At least
try
to make a worthwhile case as to why we should lynch someone else over you. This is just another fantastic post where you try to implicate several other people without providing any supporting evidence for your scum "reads."
Raivann wrote:I get townvibes off lynchmepls,xvart,drippereth.
I'm not a fan of either mine or CMAR wagons, but..

unvote, Vote:CMAR
To save my own ass and he has totally disappeared, he's not even voting anyone.

Be careful trusting Mina, she's really good at this game.

p.s. Name of the Wind is a must read!
I'm not certain what to make of your town "reads," because like so many others they lack any substance as to why you feel that way. Your vote on CMAR also sounds terrible - at least if you just said "Choo choo" like last time we could accept the simple fact you're bandwagoning; the "save my own ass" remark just makes you come off scummy and desperate.

@Mina: I hope you like Italian, Raivann got carried away cooking.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Drippereth »

Thor wrote:I'm not a fan of no lynch, I'm less of a fan of voting for someone you don't think is scummy just to make a lynch happen.
Rly?

CMAR vs. Raivann is clearly Cry because of the lurkering and stuff. I'll wait and see if DGB gets back before DL.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Drippereth wrote:
Thor wrote:I'm not a fan of no lynch, I'm less of a fan of voting for someone you don't think is scummy just to make a lynch happen.
Rly?
Rly!

I had a very bad experience in an earlier game where I ended up voting on the policy of avoiding no lynch - I hammered cop that I didn't really suspect, became the bestest friend of the scummorz team, and gloriously charged into defeat that game. I'm really not a fan of voting simply for the policy. Policy plus suspicion is okay as long as you think who you're voting is scum, but voting and saying "to avoid no lynch" while not making clear that you think who you're voting is (possible) scum? I'm not a fan of that.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 1.23: The
"There are no true knights, no more than there are gods."
votecount

Lynch Count

Super Smash Bros. Fan (1) -
Unsight

CryMeARiver (9) -
Hasdgfas, LynchmePls, MacavityLock, RichardGHP, xvart, Axelrod, MagnaofIllusion, CSL , Raivann

Drippereth (2) -
Benmage, Budja

Budja (1) -
Drippereth

Raivann (11)
Mina, Mikujin, Locke Lamora, julienvonwolfe, I doubt it, Rifka Vivieka, Percy,Thor665, Danakillsu, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Vezokpiraka

Not voting to Lynch (2) - CryMeARiver, Kinetic

The deadline for today's lynch is
10:00pm EST on Thursday the 24th of June
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

Damn...well I blew for this deadline, town fail...I failed...A few pages behind(to crazy a weekend/last whatever of rl), I'll read up the few pages during night...butttt meanwhile I'll iso up the two wagons.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

Wow, those 2 iso were incredibly easy...both bring absolutely nothing to the table, both have people on their wagons I like and dislike. (His cancer's in some sort of
tie
) So to ensure we get a lynch:

unvote vote Raivannn
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Unsight »

Percy wrote:
@Unsight
: Now that you've seen it, what do you think of it?
Also, I think it's odd to criticise the order in which a case was presented without commenting on the substantive matter of the case itself, which is another reason I asked.
I'm not getting the same scumvibes from it as from CSL's and here's why:
- Mina wasn't jumping onto a large wagon.
- Mina said in the first post that reasons were coming (implying they were there pre-vote).
- Mina's reasoning was more than an ISO number listing with a "yeah, that's scummy" next to most of them.

I comment on lots of odd things. The "how" and "why" are more important to me than the "what."
Games are meant to be fun.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Axelrod »

12 on Raivann.

I would say that's Claim Time!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Mina »

So Axelrod, you're not basing your opinion of the three wagons on anything other than their inactivity? Also, you never explained why you suspected MagnaofIllusion.

By the way, guys, I have a NICE catch on CSL. I'll give him one more day to answer my questions before I say what it is.

Kinetic: you haven't contributed a single suspect yet. Step it up. Now.
Benmage wrote:Wow, those 2 iso were incredibly easy...both bring absolutely nothing to the table, both have people on their wagons I like and dislike. (His cancer's in some sort of tie) So to ensure we get a lynch:

unvote vote Raivannn
Benmage, didn't you suspect CMAR already? You're really voting for the player you suspect LESS because he has two more votes? Particularly when vezokpiraka's vote clearly isn't set in stone?

Seriously. Both wagons are viable at this point. If you vote for Raivann, vote for him because he looks scummier than CMAR. If you vote for CMAR, vote for him because he looks scummier than Raivann. If you genuinely thought CMAR was scum, you'd be trying to convince us to lynch him.

------
Raivann...oh, Raivann.

I know I'm so terrified of your scumhunting skills that I'm desperate to see you lynched, but would you mind answering this question from last week:
Mina wrote:Raivann, here's a homework assignment for you. Choose four players, and write at least three sentences per player explaining why you suspect each one. So far, I feel your scumhunting hasn't been very thorough.
Had you answered this immediately (and shown us you're willing to contribute to the game), maybe this wagon wouldn't have grown so quickly!

Mind you, I'll admit I'm no longer as confident that he's guilty. I reread the end of Mini 926, and he played a lot worse than I remembered before his lynch (including being all over the place with his votes and accusing those who suspect him for trying to lynch an amazing scumhunter). Still made an effort in that game. And considering his last words in the mini were wishing me and one of my scumbuddies luck, his over-the-top paranoia over me comes across as genuine. (Yeah, yeah, I know, accuse me of distancing from a mislynch tomorrow if Raivann flips town.)

On the other hand, I ISO'd CMAR in both a town and scum game of his. His play here (before he just gave up on the game) looks more like his town than his scum game (he came across as really jittery and overdefensive in the latter). Admittedly, I haven't read Mafia in Mendo.

Hmm. Faraday, has CMAR responded to his prod yet?

I don't suppose forty-eight hours is enough to rack up fourteen votes on anyone, is it? I am so tempted to start a third wagon right now just to see what happens.

Also, I'd really like to hear SOMETHING from Budja by the end of the day, because otherwise, I'm going to wonder if he escaped the lynch because he was protected.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Mina's last post is good enough for me. I'm not going to an extended deadline with a no lynch. We can deal with CMAR or his replacement tomorrow. Mina, can you please post the links to the CMAR games you are reading of his, I'd like to read those.

Unvote
Vote: Raivann

That's L-1. It'll have to be a really good claim to save you Raivann, so lets hear it.

I'd really like to understand what Dripp is doing voting Budja. With ~48 hours to deadline that seems like a completely wasted vote. Something I wouldn't expect from Dripp, based on my read so far.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Mina »

The town game is the one Rivka mentioned:
CMAR's ISO in Go Play in Traffic

The scum game is ongoing.
Faraday, am I allowed to link to an on-going game?
I'll just say that CMAR was lynched in Gears of Wars Mafia (which I'm not playing) on D1 and flipped scum in it. You can read his ISO for yourself.

~Yeah, don't mention ongoing games by name please Mina. I'm not going to edit this out due to the fact the damage is already done. Be more careful in the future please :)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Mina wrote:
Faraday, am I allowed to link to an on-going game?
I'll just say that CMAR was lynched in Gears of War Mafia (which I'm not playing) on D1 and flipped scum in it. You can read his ISO for yourself.
You aren't allowed to mention ongoing games or link to them. Site rules.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Mina »

Sorry! Faraday, can you edit my last post to remove the name of his scum game, then?

Ugh...mind you, now I'm reading his ISO in Mafia in Mendo (the scum game CMAR won). He actually looks pretty townish there:
CMAR's scum ISO

Anyway, this is just based on a gut vibe from skimming through someone's posts out of context, so take this with a grain of salt.

Also, in Raivann's scum game (Revenge of the Crimson King), he does a few things similar to this game, but sounds a bit more cautious and guarded...

AAAAAH! *tears hair out* I hate last-minute lynch pressure. Seriously, guys. You shouldn't make decisions purely on my judgment. Don't be fooled by my big words and long paragraphs. I'm wrong about 70% of the time.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by CSL »

Mina wrote:I was intending this to be much shorter. Ack, trying to make yet another wall more readable by splitting it into several posts.

Part I: CSL and SSBF

CSL wrote:I have a bigger scumread off of CMAR right now.
And...what is the scumread based on? Why do you suspect CMAR more than Raivann? Why do you suspect CMAR, in fact?

He's been making scummy posts. I'll get to fully analysing him tomorrow, if no one hammers. (If a hammer happens before I get to it, the player who did is scum)

Raivann can wait until tomorrow.
So if you're saying we should lynch Raivann tomorrow, are you implying that he's your second top suspect? Do you suspect him more than
Kleedrac
, who you seemed convinced was scum before? Why do you suspect Raivann?

Kleedrac is still my prime suspect. However, I would be happy if either CMAR or Raivann would be lynched as well.

I have another question for you after you answer these.

(Oh, and since I have no manners, welcome to the game, CSL, Budja, and Thor. Thanks for replacing in.)

:)
My answers are in bold.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Raivann »

I was hoping not to have to claim but..

I'm Beric Dondarrion and yes I'm a Vig.

So everyone get off my wagon please!!!
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Be more specific please. Do you have any limitations? What about flavour?

BTW, someone should unvote just to be safe, but a clear wagon should remain evident. Raivann shouldn't be off the hook because of a vig claim.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Raivann »

No limitatians, I can kill every night and yes I should be off the hook now!
I'm Beric Dondarrion, Innocent Aligned. I'm the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners. As the leader of the Brotherhood I feel justice is important and needs an arbiter, so why not me? I'm not content to sit around during the night and do nothing!
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
I doubt it
I doubt it
Townie
I doubt it
Townie
Townie

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by I doubt it »

Beric Dondarrion makes sense as a vig and the flavor seems to fit.

Unvote

RichardGHP wrote:BTW, someone should unvote just to be safe, but a clear wagon should remain evident. Raivann shouldn't be off the hook because of a vig claim.
He's not above suspicion, but I don't want to lynch a claimed vig on D1 when there's a reasonable competing wagon. It's too late to make a new wagon now, so unless something extraordinary happens, it's gonna have to be a CMAR lynch.

Vote: CryMeARiver
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

No, you shouldn't be off the hook. Claiming a PR is NOT a free pass out of a lynch.

Needless to say - you are not the lynch for today, but you definitely are not clear.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”