Newbie 955 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:34 am

Post by redtail896 »

(No vote) redtail896, Exemption, Adaham, Me=Weird, LobsterCatapult, kingcod, Cirno
7 alive; 4 votes lynch.
Cirno wrote:
@MOD:Please send a PM to notify everyone that the day has started.

Hi, my name is Cirno and I'll be replacing RayFrost. This is an alt, but I consider myself a newbie. I've been in just over 15 or so games on this site. I am a gut player. Or at least I will be in this game.

I don't feel like writing too much right now, so here is where I stand. Kingcod is scum. He just is. I'm going to try to get him lynched, so expect a case against him within a day or two. Another good lynch is Exemption. At the moment, I am unlikely to vote for anyone but one of these two.

Okay. That's all. Bye.
Welcome. I am certainly a fan of a kingcod lynch, but I'm a little more hesitant about exemption. I think we need to take stock for a sec; we just lost our doctor, and we have a claimed cop. Exemption: what did you find out last night?

I'll have more later today after a reread. Hoopla and MrSandman/Equinox were both town, and that will color my judgments.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:09 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

:-/ we lost our dr...well damn.

hey, sorry for missing the lynch d1, i was at work and it couldnt really be helped. i was a bit surprised at the hoopla lynch, i thought there were better candidates out there. also cirno thanks for replacing :)

i missed exemption's claim, and i dont think we should risk a lynch today on a claimed cop if we already lost our dr. although, if exemption is scum fake claiming, the real cop should definitely not claim. thats exactly what he wants. im still suspecious of excemption and now a little suspecious of redtail that they could be scum because they wanted the lynch on hoopla. im going to go over the votals on hoopla.

my view on this game is a bit changed because i honestly also thought there was a chance hoopla was scum. i also cant wait to see what other people think of the events of d1 and n1.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by Exemption »

Nothing, was role blocked.

hey, welcome Cirno.

Complaining about losing a doctor is a scum tell right?
FOS LobsterCatapult

Also I will need to re-read the thread which might take a while for me.
Show
Don't go over it, Don't go under it, Don't go round it, Go through it.

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Not saying that isn't possible, it's actually very possible, exemption, but that's a convenient excuse for not faking a result. Welcome, cirno. Yes, it is a scumtell, but not always a very strong one. It is one nonetheless though, but not as strong as some from other players. I still think king is scum, and exemption might be. Lobster did just ping a bit scumminess.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Adaham »

I agree with Exemptions FOS towards LobsterCatapult. I found his reaction to the death of the doctor also pretty scummy. Sure, one could argue for the newb-factor, but that´s mostly because Lobster seems to enjoy to remain in vagueland and trying to keep the "I´m new and not quite sure"-aura going. I think he knows better than that.

At the same time I´m still wary of Exemptions early claim. If we´re in scenario no.4, the wolves have just removed the only special we had and there is no role blocker. It sure would be a risky gamble, but since Exemption was close to dying anyway, he at least bought some more time and put the cop (if there is one) into a difficult situation, for he knows the truth but cannot share it easily. On the other hand, if the real cop dies, Exemption would be given away, and if the real cop would find the second mafia, he could counter-claim and win the game for the village. So it sure would be risky, but if close to lynching, it could be pulled off. And funny enough, Lobsters reaction to the death of the doctor could make a lot of sense if we´re in scenario no.4 and he couldn´t contain his joy of the bluff having worked out. That way Lobster and Exemption could be packies doing a bit of distancing (Lobsters vote on Exemption on day 1, Exemption FOSing Lobster now). I don´t think they necessarily have to be related, but both individually have shown their own share of (potential) scumtells.

Rayfrost was another one high on my list, I am now curious to see what Cimo has to bring to the table, but it better be convincing, as I am judging the role, not the player alone. Is on a hold right now.

I do believe the mafia have been special hunting a bit on day 1, two role claims being quite some noise in which signals can be sent and received. And not to forget about kingcod´s "I´m vanilla" claim, which means nothing besides using a mouthful by calling that a "claim". Remains high on the list. I´m curious to see what new Cimo is going to bring in his case against kingcod. Let´s say it could sway me either way :wink:
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Cirno »

>Rayfrost was another one high on my list
I'm curious as to why RayFrost is one of the people high on your list.

In other news, The FOS on Lobster for simply saying ":-/ we lost our dr...well damn." is ridiculous, as is Adaham's "I agree". I also find Adaham's repeated insistence that LobsterCatapult is pretending to be a newbie ridiculous. Mafiascum is very different from some other Mafia sites, and this is Lobster's first game here. I am willing to give the benefit of doubt to a newbie in a newbie game.

So, I changed my mind. I am now to willing lynch Adaham along with Exemption and Kingcod.

Also, I forgot this last time
Vote: Kingcod
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 am

Post by kingcod »

@Cirno - Welcome. A case against me would be helpful

@Exemption - don't forget we'd like an explanation from you as to your roleclaim. As a reminder - is it a Newbie slip ? Oh, and in my view you shouldn't reveal explicilty what you found last night - it could be useful to scum - I am suprised at Redtail896 asking you to blurt it out.

@Adaham - my claim means no more nor less than anyone elses. Please don't devalue it.

I don't go with the FoS on Lobster - regret at losing the doc a scumtell. seriously?

I see we are beginning to talk a bit more meaningfully about scumteams. By a process of discounting some stronger town reads Cirno and Adaham would make some sense. I will be looking into this a bit further.
Town: 2W/1L
Scum: 0W/0L

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by redtail896 »

The kingcod case has been almost done to death at this point; I'm not going to rehash it. I do draw your attention though to the FOS of Adaham on page 5 and the interplay with MrSandman on page 6. That and look at how and when he places his votes.
kingcod wrote:Oh, and in my view you shouldn't reveal explicilty what you found last night - it could be useful to scum - I am suprised at Redtail896 asking you to blurt it out.
He's already claimed cop, so the damage there is done. I want as much information as possible, so I'll absolutely ask him what he got last night. I can't say I'm surprised though, and if he's scum that's exactly what he would say.
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Adaham »

Cirno wrote:>Rayfrost was another one high on my list
I'm curious as to why RayFrost is one of the people high on your list.

In other news, The FOS on Lobster for simply saying ":-/ we lost our dr...well damn." is ridiculous, as is Adaham's "I agree". I also find Adaham's repeated insistence that LobsterCatapult is pretending to be a newbie ridiculous. Mafiascum is very different from some other Mafia sites, and this is Lobster's first game here. I am willing to give the benefit of doubt to a newbie in a newbie game.

So, I changed my mind. I am now to willing lynch Adaham along with Exemption and Kingcod.

Also, I forgot this last time
Vote: Kingcod
1. I´ve stated my suspicions of RayFrost earlier. Despite him being SE, he was very passive, only dropping in when necessary and staying in a grey area. I´d call that active lurking and did so before. The fact he´s been replaced could point to pure disinterest in the game, but I´ve seen to many Mafias in other games being replaced more than once to take this as a reason to assume the role of RayFrost/Cirno is innocent. He was hiding a lot in the shadow of Hoopla and while this could point at just another innocent agreeing with the confirmed innocent Hoopla, it could also be buddying up with somebody RayFrost knew always to be innocent. Also on page 5 I mentioned that Rayfrost is the one "looking in"to my to top 3.

2. I disagree that with your reasoning as to why Lobsters "slip" is ridiculous. You yourself are saying this is a newb game, why do you exclude newb-villain slips? Besides that, Lobsters contribution just had the same ring to me as some other of his posts earlier on (as redtail said, look up my FoS on page 5) which struck me as forced newbish. And mind you, I´m not saying this alone is a reason to hang him higher, but it definitely struck me as a bit off. And what else can we do than instinctively judging the honesty of peoples reactions (especially in the early day when people comment on the ongoings of the night)? What have you delivered yet? You announced a case on kingcod that never came and are thus just flinging some shit in several directions and bandwagoning on the most popular choices (kingcod + Exemption). Hardly a strong case you´ve made for yourself so far...

---

@kingcod:
Guessing scumteams is okay, but I´ve stated my reasons why I see possible connections between some players. You on the other hand just state that "based on exclusion of stronger town reads" (which you don´t explain), you think that Cirno and me could be packies. Not surprisingly, this seems like another fishing attempt, trying to see if some alternatives for you and Exemption can be found.
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Cirno »

@Adaham

>RayFrost suspicions

Your suspicions against RayFrost can be easily checked. RayFrost has been in many, many games and he plays the same in every single one of them. I believe his wiki page has a list of his games, and I invite you to read some of them and honestly tell me that his behavior in this game is any different than usual. Further, there is a useful website called msutils.net. The ms, as you might have guessed, is for MafiaScum. This handy utility allows you check if there is any merit to your active lurking theory. You see, RayFrost usually plays several games at once, and so it is easy to check if he is more active in some games and avoiding others. The rest of your suspicions boil down to "It could be innocent, but it could be
scummy!!!
".

>You yourself are saying this is a newb game, why do you exclude newb-villain slips?

That can hardly even be called any kind of slip at all. A power role dies. A player says 'darn, a power role died!'. Why is that player more likely to be scum than town?

>No case on Kingcod

You may have noticed, sir, that site was down for the last few days. You might also have noticed, sir, that post isolation has yet to be reimplemented. That... and I'm lazy. But frankly, I'm not all that excited about rehashing the case on Kingcod. I think questioning you and exemption would be far more interesting. But I assure you the case will come, if only to prevent you from crying 'no kingcod case' each time I question you.

>What have you delivered yet?

What have I delivered? Nothing. But I am questioning you. And that is infinitely more useful that making an accusation based on nonsense.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Too tired to post today, or at least right now.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:54 am

Korejora wrote:
Equinox (2) RayFrost, Hoopla
Exemption (2) Adaham, LobsterCatapult
Hoopla (5) kingcod, Exemption, Equinox, Me=Weird, redtail896

9 alive; 5 votes lynch.

Hoopla
, a
Townie
, was lynched.

Please send in your night choices. The night will end somewhere between 70 - 80 hours (around three days) from the time of this post.
(edit)
Day has been delayed for a replacement.
ok, sorry ive been away, ive been on vacation with my family and bf, and mafia scum was down when i last checked it before i left.

Ok, >.>, my bad, ill never express my lament for losing a dr n1 ever again. i also think that the reasoning for equinox taking her vote of exemption was because she was a dr and the chance of a dr and a cop being in a game are pretty good.

anyway, with losing our dr, coupled with the idea that if IF exemptions claim is legitimate, it is now more probable that the mafia has a roleblocker, which can make exemptions excuse more believable. if there is a roleblocker, and if exemption is our cop, he is now basically a townie since he will prolly be roleblocked for the rest of the game until we lynch their roleblocker or exemption dies via lynch or nk. or he could just be faking it, like me=wierd says. i mean, what would be an easier reason to keep your cover up?

looking back on votals i think that there could be scum hiding out in the lynch on hoopla most definitely. mafia would have seen hoopla, our most experienced player and wanted hoopla gone. i think with kingcod being extermely scummy, and with him starting the votes on hoopla, he rises to the scum list. exemption doesnt look good for being on the hoopla lynch either. looking back, i think redtail's hammer would be considered scummy, however with d1 going on so long, and his reasoning, i dont see it too scummy, as just trying to find out some results. I think its most likely that at least 1 scum was on the hoopla lynch.

@exemption, now that hoopla is dead, as i recall you saying, what sort of "information" do you think came out of her lynch?

also, @adaham, d1 did you see exemptions role claim and just leave your vote on him? or did you miss it like i had and just happened to have it there?

cirno is neutral for now, im inclined to believe, with all these replacements, that people just lost interest in this game, however, weve had so many replacements, one of them could easily be scum, who knows maybe both were replaced. i also dont know if ray frost's meta gaming could be applied, if he has been in many games, couldnt he easily alter his play style to suit "town" esp in a newbie game if he is scum? if he is so experienced, it wouldnt surprise me that he'd be able to fake a town approach he used in an earlier game. we could look back on his games, but redtail has a point, ray had done little to help town in this game, and replacing him could mean he lost interest, but he could have also been scum that just got bored as well, i mean, his vote was on our dr day 1.

also, i may have missed this, but why do you think adaham is scummy?

@kingcod, why cirno and adaham scumbuddies? neither of them were on the hoopla lynch...though you could be right in thinking one of them could be scum, they both had their votes, either coincidently or not, on either confirmed or claimed town power d1. though, depending on adahams response it could have been the case like me, where i just was not on to see his claim. i think you are either running before you can walk as a townie, or grasping at straws as scum.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 am

Post by kingcod »

@LobsterC - I knew someone would think leading a lynch was scummy. I beg to differ. Not only did I lead it, I also made point of reminding people I was leading it. Not exactly 'hiding out' in the vote on Hoopla! I was wrong in my judgement but that doesn't make me scum.

@Redtail986 - I see your point about getting a roleclaimed cop to state what they found at night - but I do think its marginal. It would have been so much better is Exemption had simply get quiet to begin with!

@Exemption - we really really need to understand why you roleclaimed. You won't do yourself any favours without an explanation.

@Adham et al on scumteam - well yes, I will go into my town reads - for brevity's sake I was posting up my suspicions to get some progress. So here we go:

The World Famous Day 2 Town Read List ....
LobsterCatapult - generally supportive play. Answers questions, keeps the game moving and looks at a range of options rather than narrowing in too much. Has a town feel
Exemption - Neutral to town read. The cop claim I would still like to think is a newbie town slip, since its even worse newbie scum play (sorry Exemption!).
RedTail896 - methodical and throrough. Sticks to his guns but has hunted widely.
Me=Weird - a rocky road through Valkyrie and now MW ... a null to town read but nothing jumping out as scum

So this leaves me with Adaham and Cirno. Adaham has been in and out of the scumzone, and could have collaborated with Cirno/RayFrost to split their votes between Exemption and Equinox, leaving town to fumble about stringing up Hoopla. I need to see more play from Cirno to pick up the style, but my guess is that immediately relaunching a wagon against me could be a tactic to encourage others not to start a fresh scum hunt. Alternatively it could be just being lazy as Cirno has admitted!

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Cirno »

Hey, now. While I am lazy, I did not 're-launch a wagon' on you out of laziness. I did so because I find you to be the single scummiest player in the game. So much that I've already prepared smugface.png image to use when you flip scum.

@Lobster: RayFrost's last post in this game was on May 29th. And he did not post again on MS until June 5th when he posted in another game (where he simply says that he will post later). He has not posted on MS since. It is more likely that he has disappeared due to personal reasons (I recall him mentioning being in a lot of pain earlier in the thread) rather than losing interest or attempting to lurk in a game with Miss Hoopla.
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:50 am

Post by kingcod »

Cirno wrote: I've already prepared smugface.png image to use when you flip scum.
heh. I have an alternative

Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Adaham »

Cirno wrote:
>RayFrost suspicions

Your suspicions against RayFrost can be easily checked. RayFrost has been in many, many games and he plays the same in every single one of them. I believe his wiki page has a list of his games, and I invite you to read some of them and honestly tell me that his behavior in this game is any different than usual. Further, there is a useful website called msutils.net. The ms, as you might have guessed, is for MafiaScum. This handy utility allows you check if there is any merit to your active lurking theory. You see, RayFrost usually plays several games at once, and so it is easy to check if he is more active in some games and avoiding others. The rest of your suspicions boil down to "It could be innocent, but it could be
scummy!!!
".
It appears there is quite some people around here that like to read tons of games and study statistics. I´m going to tell you, while I am not dismissing it, it´s not how I am going to play this game. There is a lot of merit in statistics and stuff other players have written before. But I have been playing and hosting for 4 years continuosly on another forum and have my own experiences and theories. And as much as I had gained experience and knowledge of peoples playing styles there, I found it harder to read the good players intentions, as selecting between past experiences was at times contradictory. In the end, while I like to work logically, I prefer to keep it gut-driven, especially in the early game. In the end, any experienced player will be able to contain a very similar style regardless of role, so I don´t see any reason to let him off the hook for the fact he´s played in a similar way as an innocent.

What remains of RayFrost is that even while he was around, he never seemed to try and help the village. Whatever he does usually, it was a disappointing contribution for the village total in this game. And the way he did it didn´t feel quite right. This in itself wasn´t damning enough, but his rather blind and unexplained following of Hoopla stuck out for some time. At some point he contributed a bit more, which shows that at least he wasn´t distracted throughout the whole game, but even then he didn´t leave much of a town impression. Consequently enough, he also liked to bark into my direction a bit, so it seems fair to assume you continue his approach.

In the end it boils down to you dismissing my own ideas of what feels scummy in somebodies post because you use some website where somebody else wrote some ideas how Mafia works. I don´t think it´s so much questioning you are doing but applying pressure, which is fair enough. It does start to look a little odd though when at the same time you ARE voting kingcod but talking about me. Is it then so strange that people (not only me) ask about your case on kingcod (which you announced!)? And don´t say I am trying to distract from your "questioning" because I asked about your case on kingcod. There are more people awaiting an explanation and that was said before your questioning. What remains is an entrance in which you announce something, you vote, and when people want you to explain, you say you don´t have to because you are questioning me.

What remains is that you come in and try to sell us the common-sense top 2 + 1 (me) as superior replacement work (by dismissing my reasons for agreeing with Exemption on Lobster). I think for now you see me as a good rubbing-tree, seeing if something could get going on me, while keeping your vote already on the most popular suspect for now. If this is what reading all these websites leads to, I´m glad I don´t read them.
>You yourself are saying this is a newb game, why do you exclude newb-villain slips?

That can hardly even be called any kind of slip at all. A power role dies. A player says 'darn, a power role died!'. Why is that player more likely to be scum than town?
I can´t offer you stats, but I´m going to explain you once more how I work and what I read. I am taking into account newb playing style and everything, if you read back, you´ll notice I didn´t jump on the sailorpallas-wagon early on day 1, as this looked like honest newb to me. But Lobster can very well play the game and most of the time he (also she?) comes across as innocent. But at times I get the feeling he´s holding back and playing his role a bit more intentionally than he would maybe do as an innocent. His regret fell right into that category, the way it was put in front of a rather long and contained post seemed constructed and forced. Call it pure gut feeling about it, whatever, it´s what I felt about it. I saw something that took my attention and I commented on it. I agreed with a Fos from Exemption onto Lobster and have by now given plenty of reasoning for it. At the same time, you voted for kingcod without giving any reason. You are right, Lobsters comment wasn´t scummy...compared to what you are pulling off right now!
>No case on Kingcod

You may have noticed, sir, that site was down for the last few days. You might also have noticed, sir, that post isolation has yet to be reimplemented. That... and I'm lazy. But frankly, I'm not all that excited about rehashing the case on Kingcod. I think questioning you and exemption would be far more interesting. But I assure you the case will come, if only to prevent you from crying 'no kingcod case' each time I question you.

>What have you delivered yet?

What have I delivered? Nothing. But I am questioning you. And that is infinitely more useful that making an accusation based on nonsense.
If you get out of your bath in the fruits of your glorious questioning, I´d also like you to tell me what exactly your reasons were to be suspicious off me right off the bat? During all your questioning, you have been very short on giving actual reasoning for any of your suspicions (regardless of forum down - that´s for everyone - whatever not implemented). What is your actual position towards Exemption (who you always mention as secondary choice, but never really do something with)? Do you believe his claim? Not? Why? And don´t call me on distraction maneuver, for I don´t see why you have the sole drilling rights in the questioning business. I have my own ways of questioning and applying pressure. Feel free to question me, but if you push, expect me to push back.
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Adaham »

Exemption wrote:Nothing, was role blocked.
Complaining about losing a doctor is a scum tell right?
FOS LobsterCatapult
Me=Weird wrote:Yes, it is a scumtell, but not always a very strong one. It is one nonetheless though, but not as strong as some from other players. I still think king is scum, and exemption might be. Lobster did just ping a bit scumminess.
Adaham wrote:I agree with Exemptions FOS towards LobsterCatapult. I found his reaction to the death of the doctor also pretty scummy. Sure, one could argue for the newb-factor, but that´s mostly because Lobster seems to enjoy to remain in vagueland and trying to keep the "I´m new and not quite sure"-aura going. I think he knows better than that.
Cirno wrote:In other news, The FOS on Lobster for simply saying ":-/ we lost our dr...well damn." is ridiculous, as is Adaham's "I agree". I also find Adaham's repeated insistence that LobsterCatapult is pretending to be a newbie ridiculous. Mafiascum is very different from some other Mafia sites, and this is Lobster's first game here. I am willing to give the benefit of doubt to a newbie in a newbie game.
By the same logic you could have granted me the benefit of doubt, as it´s just as well my first game here, but that´s not what I want anyway. But the main point is that we disagree about Lobster showing signs of suspicious behaviour, wherein you decided to pick on me, while you don´t say a word about Exemption and Me=Weird who have stated similar opinions on Lobster as I have.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by redtail896 »

LobsterCatapult wrote:Ok, >.>, my bad, ill never express my lament for losing a dr n1 ever again. i also think that the reasoning for equinox taking her vote of exemption was because she was a dr and the chance of a dr and a cop being in a game are pretty good.

anyway, with losing our dr, coupled with the idea that if Exemptions claim is legitimate, it is now more probable that the mafia has a roleblocker, which can make exemptions excuse more believable. if there is a roleblocker, and if exemption is our cop, he is now basically a townie since he will prolly be roleblocked for the rest of the game until we lynch their roleblocker or exemption dies via lynch or nk. or he could just be faking it, like me=wierd says. i mean, what would be an easier reason to keep your cover up?
There's a 50% chance of there being a cop and a 50% chance of a roleblocker. Now, if exemption was actually a cop, then I think it was the right move to roleclaim. If he didn't claim, he would almost certainly have been lynched, so his claim would've improved the chances that we lynched scum (although the claim effectively destroyed the power of his role). If he was scum, then claiming cop was a risk, albeit a small one. If there
was
a cop, then he gets lynched, as he would've anyway. If there is no cop, then he's safe for a bit, and it gives the scum info.

Now, I was suspicious of Exemption before he claimed, but I unvoted him after the claim. We were short on time, and I wanted to take more time to think about the claim. I'm still suspicious of him, but I think there are bigger fish to fry.
kingcod wrote:@Redtail986 - I see your point about getting a roleclaimed cop to state what they found at night - but I do think its marginal. It would have been so much better is Exemption had simply get quiet to begin with!

@Exemption - we really really need to understand why you roleclaimed. You won't do yourself any favours without an explanation.
See above. I still think claiming in that situation was the right move.
LobsterCatapult wrote:looking back on votals i think that there could be scum hiding out in the lynch on hoopla most definitely. mafia would have seen hoopla, our most experienced player and wanted hoopla gone. i think with kingcod being extermely scummy, and with him starting the votes on hoopla, he rises to the scum list. exemption doesnt look good for being on the hoopla lynch either. looking back, i think redtail's hammer would be considered scummy, however with d1 going on so long, and his reasoning, i dont see it too scummy, as just trying to find out some results. I think its most likely that at least 1 scum was on the hoopla lynch.
To be fair to kingcod, both Adaham and I at least had voiced suspicions of Hoopla before the wagon started. I actually voted for her in my first post, but decided that kingcod was a better candidate later. The important thing to remember is that the lynch happened under severe time pressure, so while I agree that a scum was probably on the lynch, I don't know how scummy being on the lynch actually is. As for my hammer being suspicious, I hammered somebody I though suspicious with about 20 minutes to deadline. I wanted us to lynch
somebody
on D1, and I though Hoopla might've been scum anyway. I was clearly wrong.

I too would like to hear a case on Adaham. From anybody.

NB: this was written before Adaham's 2 most recent posts. I'll read those and comment soon.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by redtail896 »

LobsterCatapult wrote::-/ we lost our dr...well damn.
This is it. In all it's glory. This is what everyone's arguing over.

You know, not everything about LobsterCatapult sits well with me. But I honestly don't mind that small throwaway comment. It's exactly what I thought when I saw that our doctor was killed. It doesn't ring particularly scummy with me. In fact, I think it's far and away the least scummy thing in that post. Consider this comment:
LobsterCatapult wrote:i missed exemption's claim, and i dont think we should risk a lynch today on a claimed cop if we already lost our dr. although, if exemption is scum fake claiming, the real cop should definitely not claim. thats exactly what he wants.
This is a perfect scum thing to say, because if Exemption is scum then this is exactly what the scum team wants us to think. I also think it's flat wrong. Thoughts?
Adaham wrote:If you get out of your bath in the fruits of your glorious questioning, I´d also like you to tell me what exactly your reasons were to be suspicious off me right off the bat?
For the record, when I replaced in, I was also immediately suspicious of you. I tend to be suspicious of the person I'm least suspicious of (yeah, it's weird how that works).
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Adaham »

redtail896 wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:i missed exemption's claim, and i dont think we should risk a lynch today on a claimed cop if we already lost our dr. although, if exemption is scum fake claiming, the real cop should definitely not claim. thats exactly what he wants.
This is a perfect scum thing to say, because if Exemption is scum then this is exactly what the scum team wants us to think. I also think it's flat wrong. Thoughts?
I agree that this statement is actually more substantial than the beginning remark in itself (even though that was what tingled the gut immediately). To me this sounds like forced villager thinking, even though I also disagree. As the chances are still 50/50 whether we´re actually having a cop and a role/blocker or not, the scum now has a knowledge advantage as they know for sure which scenario we´re in (through the death of the doctor). If there is a roleblocker, then there is also still a cop, which most probably would be Exemption then. But if the scum (no roleblocker) took the risk to claim cop, nailed the doctor in night 1, then they are off the hook and double-bluff the existence of a cop as well as a roleblocker. The perfect cover. Since Exemption was close to a lynch, this kind of risk could be considered worthwhile. If there was a cop after all, he would most probably pay with his life for revealing Exemption.
Lobsters conclusions shed also a stronger light on his "pity the doctor" entrance. I think he got excited and wanted to channelize by being helpful. His conclusions though seem like an attempt to subtly promote a favorable scenario for himself and his packy.
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Adaham »

redtail896 wrote: For the record, when I replaced in, I was also immediately suspicious of you. I tend to be suspicious of the person I'm least suspicious of (yeah, it's weird how that works).
Sorry for the double post (again), forgot this part. I understand that, but you were less all over the place than Cirno (and I also wasn´t so suspicious of your first incarnation). Cirno is doing a bit of shit flinging, paired with bandwagoning and an attitude. Besides, I don´t think I´m deep inside the person he´s least suspicious of.

BTW, may I ask if anybody has any opinion on Me=Weird that goes further than "mwah..."? I´d like to hear it, thanks.
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Cirno »

>"some website where somebody else wrote some ideas how Mafia works"
>"If this is what reading all these websites leads to, I´m glad I don´t read them."

...You do realize that msutils is essentially a post scraper with a search function and doesn't contain any 'ideas' or mafia theory whatsoever, right?

>I´d also like you to tell me what exactly your reasons were to be suspicious off me right off the bat? During all your questioning, you have been very short on giving actual reasoning for any of your suspicions

My suspicions come from my opinion that you seem to have a habit of trying to cast suspicion on others for the weakest of reasons. Looking at my notes, my early suspicions came from post 46 in which you accuse lobster of "acting concerned for the sake of discussion, without actually any real substance to it" for simply saying "Why has no one mentioned Adaham?", where you prepare to jump ship to the sandman wagon by stating "If Kingcod wasn´t so blatant on page 1, I would have joined the Sandman-wagon, but maybe later", and where you cast suspicion on Miss Hoopla for simply making a string of posts. I felt posts 62 and 100 where townish, and that put you over Exemption and Sandman. Then you went on about the "regret is scummy" nonsense, and I decided not to ignore you after all.

>What is your actual position towards Exemption? Do you believe his claim? Not? Why?

Exemption is the second scummiest player in the game (after Kingcod). Further he replaced AdumbroDeus, whom I found to be scummy as well. I do not believe his claim for those reasons.

>By the same logic you could have granted me the benefit of doubt, as it´s just as well my first game here

It is completely different. Lobster only said "we lost our dr...well damn". You tried to cast suspicion on her for such a statement.

>you decided to pick on me, while you don´t say a word about Exemption and Me=Weird who have stated similar opinions on Lobster as I have.

Actually, I did say that Exemption's FOS was ridiculous in the same sentence that I called your agreement with it ridiculous. Didn't notice Me=Weird's comment. Not gonna bother with Me=Weird for the time being though. It is probably about time to pick a fight with Exemption, though.

Also,
>Lobsters comment wasn´t scummy...compared to what you are pulling off right now!

LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Adaham wrote:
redtail896 wrote:
I agree that this statement is actually more substantial than the beginning remark in itself (even though that was what tingled the gut immediately). To me this sounds like forced villager thinking, even though I also disagree. As the chances are still 50/50 whether we´re actually having a cop and a role/blocker or not, the scum now has a knowledge advantage as they know for sure which scenario we´re in (through the death of the doctor). If there is a roleblocker, then there is also still a cop, which most probably would be Exemption then. But if the scum (no roleblocker) took the risk to claim cop, nailed the doctor in night 1, then they are off the hook and double-bluff the existence of a cop as well as a roleblocker. The perfect cover. Since Exemption was close to a lynch, this kind of risk could be considered worthwhile. If there was a cop after all, he would most probably pay with his life for revealing Exemption.
Lobsters conclusions shed also a stronger light on his "pity the doctor" entrance. I think he got excited and wanted to channelize by being helpful. His conclusions though seem like an attempt to subtly promote a favorable scenario for himself and his packy.
i was a bit excited, but not for the motives you stated. i was a bit excited to have a new day and a new chance to go over the information from d1, and the results of n1. i guess you cant call it super excitement since our dr ended up dead, but nonetheless, i saw it as a semi-fresh start. and yeah, i was trying to be helpful, obviously i got the ball rolling on some discussion, although the target of that discussion was on me. but oh well, it beats the inane inactivity we had going on d1. i should have more thoroughly looked at the scenarios and their likeliness before i posted. looking back on it. instead it looks like i just bred confusion. if you want to beat my comment, and i guess my supposed scummy conclusions into this confusing scenario into the ground then ok sure. i think our attention is warrented elsewhere like finding actual scum. (and yes im female).

i am leaning towards exemption being our actual cop....but only because of one thing he said, and want to see if he will comment on. he said early on that lynching hoopla would give us information, well, that was way before his claim. this could have been him breadcrumbing his claim early on in the game. and his wishy-washiness that we called him out on could have been him simply trying not to stick out and blend in as town power.

@kingcod-- yeah, youre starting a lynch train on hoopla ended up not so great. even with hoopla's stats on how usually d1 doesnt usually help town, losing our most experienced player d1 sucks. and though i can see people's reasoning for being on hoopla, yours, exemptions and perhaps m=w is the weakest, and your past game play thus im suspecting you.
~LC
Exemption
Exemption
Goon
Exemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Exemption »

Well Hoopla being town means that we can trust in her statement that she thinks LobsterCatapult and Rayfrost (now Cirno) are town. She also said the Valkyrie was town, however that was based on the way other people were acting towards her. Seen as one of the people who was making her look scum is now confirmed town we can't really trust this.

If Sandman/Equinox was alive then I would be pressing them a bit now. For the way hoopla went after him at the start there was no way they both could be scum. Still they both could have and are town.

My opinion on me= weird is they same as everyone else's (not enough content to say). I will say this though, my friend IRL has a policy to lynch him the moment he comes into his games (he doesn't play any more but hey). I think this is because he is permanently V/LA and cost him a game or something.

Can we have less walls of text please=]

Oh I think some people wanted to know why I role claimed. I was about to get lynched, and even if I am generally pointless until the role blocker is dead (if they didn't have one I would just be dead) there was a chance we would kill the Role blocker before they killed the doctor, which means I would be useful again.

Hmmm not liking the fact that Adaham complains about not liking the use of statistics when me calling up LobsterCatapult for her complaining about the doctor death was straight off the wiki as a Common scum tell.

Still I will continue this post from my Gf's house if she allows me.

Ps hope i haven't got any of the replacements wrong.
Show
Don't go over it, Don't go under it, Don't go round it, Go through it.

Side/Wins/Losses
Town/1/0

Scum/1/0

SK/0/0
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:03 am

Post by redtail896 »

Just really quick: can somebody please explain to me why complaining about the doctor loss is a scumtell? Even if it's a single line throwaway comment?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”