llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:06 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Wheee, got here faster than expected... I think. Anyway, a few things (that will just confuse everyone):

Ohai alamanatee!

RVS question:
1. What Timezone do you live in? This will be important when we get into more important parts of the game and not everyone lives in the same time zone.

GMT - 5 hours. I'm too lazy to figure what the timezone I live in is called.

2. How much experience do you have with Mafia?
I came from epicmafia, I started there summer before last. I think. I've played a few games here.

3. How did you end up on Mafiascum?
I decided that the community on EM was starting to suck balls, so I came here to learn how to play like a pro.
4. Do you prefer RVS or RQS?
wutisrqs? RQS. I'd rather have both though, because we can and it's free.
5. Describe your play style (Optional)
Err... Useless townie? If I were going to be honest, that's what I'd say. As for how I catch scum... I've been doing the logical route, but that's failed me about as much as it has succeeded. so I'm trying to go for more of a gut approach. That's how I do everything else in life anyway, so It'll probably help.

I prefer to follow, actually. Well, to put it more accurately, I prefer to decide whether to follow or not. I find it easier, though it might not be as effective.

Gee, that took me all of ten minutes. Why are you people complaining about the questions? They're just a way to get us talking, much like the the RVS is supposed to do.

Donkey dude (podium) for town.

Crypto for awesome and SSBF for town.

vote: alamasterGM
I was going to random vote him anyway, but after reading it isn't so random anymore.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 am

Post by charter »

Now that I actually read all the posts, I think it's kind of strange why Wicked answered SSBF's questions, then questioned him on it. Looks like the old appease and then accuse.

I see nopointinactingup is already lurking, and that must be rectified.
vote nopointinactingup

Hiphop, why are you voting for Alamaster?

I don't like Wicked's 46. Looks like he's firing up a wild goose chase.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

crypto wrote:SSBF, what do you think of the attacks on hiphop?
Not really a fan of it. I find it surprising that hiphop is actually receiving serious votes. Was his response to my question obnoxious? Maybe. Was it scummy? Not at all, as I did give people a choice between particapating in RVS, RQS or both.
hiphop wrote:Oh and you never answered all the SSBF questions, some people might find you scummy for that.
It isn't an obligation for people to answer my questions. I gave them the option of either doing both, just RVS, or just RQS.
Wickedestjr wrote:What kind of helpful evidence do you think could be drawn from those questions? Aside from question 4, I don't think any of those questions help to find scum. (For example, your timezone has no relevance to your allignment in this game)
I want to look how they answer the question. Now granted, I did give them the option of not particapating in it (Like hiphop for example, who basically said "no" to all of my five questions). Play style can be helpful evidence because if they were to follow how they played as either scum or town, other people can use the question to help determind if they are more likely to be a townie or a scum.

Knowing time zones is important because we may need you during an important part of the game and without having any clue, we may try to call you out now even thought you're asleep in like Europe. Now it doesn't exactly help catch scums, but it does give us an idea on when you can come on the site and play Mafia.
Wickedestjr wrote:You have avoided my question. What kind of discussion were you hoping to start from those questions?
I want people to react in how a person answers a question as well (Although that is an lesser priority for my questions, it was still an important part of me asking these questions). For example, hiphop is currently receiving a lot of heating for his obnoxious way of answering my question. People can also refer back to this as evidence to help determind if they're more likely to be town or not.

Looks like Random Voting/Question Stage is over.
Unvote
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:35 am

Post by charter »

Super wrote:Looks like Random Voting/Question Stage is over. Unvote
Why do you think this? What isn't random? Why just an unvote?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 am

Post by crypto »

crypto wrote:This game needs more voting.
SSBF wrote:Unvote
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 am

Post by crypto »

Also,
I'ma be V/LA from June 18 to June 26

Mod Edit:Noted
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 am

charter wrote:
Why do you think this?
What isn't random?
Why just an unvote?
We already have something to work on. Although it isn't much, it is enough that my RVS vote is no longer needed in this game.

A major example of what isn't random is people accusing hiphop of being obnoxious with my answers (It might be, but I don't find it scummy IMO).

I do not have a read on anyone yet. I'll make a vote once I find a scummy read.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

hiphop wrote:Wicked? SSBF? Almaster? Do you agree with my policy vote?
It’s a good vote for RVS, but I’ve stopped supporting policy lynches.
hiphop wrote:He was scum, where everybody thought he was town, remember. If I was policy lynching someone who was good, my vote would be for Spyrex.
So, you’re vote for podium is for playing well in Mini 955, yet you say it isn’t a policy vote for a player you think is good. What?
Sando wrote:Wicked, jumping over RVS questions pings my radar, they're a fairly common tool used, mainly to move the RVS along, why do you appear to dislike them?
I dislike them because only one of them would actually help to move us out of the RVS.

charter wrote:Now that I actually read all the posts, I think it's kind of strange why Wicked answered SSBF's questions, then questioned him on it. Looks like the old appease and then accuse.
There’s no reason to not answer them imo even if I don’t think they are good RQS type questions. Also, ftr, I don’t think appeasing and then accusing seems like a smart strategy. What exactly would be scum’s motivation for doing that?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I am getting a town read off of hiphop so far for reasons that podium mentioned.

I'm getting a bad feeling from each of the following:

llamaeatataco
Sando
Super Smash Bros. Fan
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 am

Post by crypto »

Why Sando?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 am

Post by crypto »

Llama, why SSBF for town?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:48 am

Post by crypto »

And for the beautiful triple post: llama, why exactly is AlmasterGM scummy to you?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by crypto »

Unvote. Vote: Super Smash Bros. Fan.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Wickedestjr wrote: I'm getting a bad feeling from each of the following:

llamaeatataco
Sando
Super Smash Bros. Fan
What is it about SSBF that gives you a bad feeling?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Crypto - You said alamaster was the correct wagon, and have removed your vote from him without any commentary. Was post 40 really enough to change your mind? Why?

Also, i dont like how you have asked nearly everyone to expand on why they think someone is town or scum... yet you place a vote on SSBF and say absolutely nothing as to why you did.

FOS: Crypto
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Sando »

hiphop wrote:Since I missed it, and you seem to see it, why did Almaster vote for me? And don't go making up something, give me a quote.
Because he wanted to start a BW, that seems fairly obvious...
hiphop wrote:Who says I am not? Where did I say I was not? Am I scummy to you? Why?
See this:
hiphop wrote:Votes me because I am being obnoxious, but that does not make me scummy. Interesting.
'interesting', especially given that you voted him in your next post with no further reasoning, is basically you saying he's contradicting himself. He didn't, just because he doesn't think you being obnoxious is scummy, doesn't mean he doesn't think you're scummy.

Do I find you scummy? I said in my post why I'm suspicious of your game so far:
Sando wrote:Hiphop was looking very good till the vote on almaster. The whole 'I'm going to act like an idiot to catch opportunistic scum' was a bit labored, and I think hiphop isn't addressing why almaster actually voted for him.
crypto wrote:He made an observation about hiphop and then voted hiphop. I assumed the two items were connected as opposed to bizarrely disconnected.

Why would it be a bizarre disconnect? Not everything scum do is scummy, not everything town do is townie. Why does finding someone obnoxious mean that you find them scummy? Do you normally find obnoxious people are scummy in your games?

Llama you're voting alamasta for no given reasons, but you 'would have voted him anyway'. Your vote seems like a jump onto a popular wagon, providing no reasoning yet hinting that you may have some.

Vote: Llama
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Oh, I thought it was obvious enough: I would have voted him in the RVS, but we're done with that now. What specifically do I find wrong with him? Basically, his vote on hiphop. He said himself he didn't really think hiphop was scummy, just annoying. I find no reason to restate stuff that is clearly obvious and has been said by everyone else. I've been yelled at before for 'restating stuff to make it look like I was contributing' so I figured I'd try not doing that. Screwed if I do, screwed if I don't, it seems.

He's a popular wagon for a reason.

Why do I find SSBMF town? It's just what I've felt reading his posts. No solid reason, just the impression I get.

I wrote some stuff here, and then read the second half of Podium's post. Pretty much what he said: Why do you ask for explanations from other people but not give them yourself?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hrrrfff this start.

SSBF: You are saying you have no "scummy" reads on anyone? Really? Even baby steps is better than nothing.

Like this, watch:
Unvote, Vote SSBF

If you've got nothing from that whole question game then its white noise and thats awesome and I'm awesome.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Sando »

You'll get yelled at for stating what others have said as if it's your opinion. But 'I agree with X's reasonings and will vote Y' is exactly what mafia is about.

You attacked someone for jumping on a wagon for no reason, then did it yourself, seems pretty hypocritical. I would think that thought would go through your head when you voted alamasta?

Surely if you thought that your vote was obvious enough not to require an explanation, the same could be true of someone else?
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Sando, quit misrepresenting what happened. I thought alamaster was scummy for jumping on a wagon
for a stated, shitty, reason.
I voted for him and made it (I thought) pretty damn obvious that I was doing it for the reasons already stated (that his given reason was a bunch of orca crap). There's a difference between blatantly saying 'I am voting this person for a stupid reason' and just not retyping reasons already given. I would vote you, but that would be full of omgus and fail and I don't like to do that, so I'll just
FoS:Sando
and leave it at that.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Sando »

Alamaster jumped on a wagon, and people decided to link 1 part of his post with that. He's stated that it wasn't the reason he voted for hiphop, you keep ignoring this fact.

You then jumped on the alamaster wagon for literally no given reason.

Please quote where alamaster said 'I am voting hiphop for said stupid reason'.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Didn't really like llamaeatataco's #68. There's two things that I especially disliked about it:
llamaeatataco wrote:There's a difference between blatantly saying 'I am voting this person for a stupid reason' and
just not retyping reasons already given.
Just because you don't want to parrot a reason doesn't mean you can't add to a case that you agree with.
llamaeatataco wrote:I would vote you, but that would be full of omgus and fail and I don't like to do that, so I'll just FoS:Sando and leave it at that.
That really does sound like an OMGUS reply to Sando. If you haven't noticed with your almost year of experience in Mafia, OMGUS is not solely related to voting a person because they voted for you. OMGUS is also related to a flimsy attack on another person because they attacked you.

I don't have a better target at the moment and I do like Sando's case on llamaeatataco, so
Unvote, Vote: llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

There's no connection at all. He's just being annoying.
Was that not him saying he was voting him for being annoying?

You also keep saying that I jumped on the wagon for no given reason... And yet I have already given my reason... Are you trolling me or just that slow or just trying to manipulate the facts even more?

I know there's more to OMGUS, but judging by how he's acted so far I'm almost certain that's what he'd call it and he'd get all pissy. He doesn't seem to comprehend everything that I say... Also...
I don't have a better target at the moment and I do like Sando's case on llamaeatataco
wtf? 'you wagoned and didn't give a reason'
'sorry, I was saying I like this reason right here, and here's what it was and why I liked it'

'you didn't give a reason you're scum!'

That is the condensed version of his case.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Sando »

llamaeatataco wrote:
There's no connection at all. He's just being annoying.
Was that not him saying he was voting him for being annoying?
Ummm, no, the complete opposite actually.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by hiphop »

crypto wrote:This game needs more voting.
Cryto I have never understood your play style. Yes, I do believe the game would be better, if 12 people laid down their votes, yet for one person to lay down 12 votes in the same amount of time defeats the purpose of voting at all.
charter wrote:Hiphop, why are you voting for Alamaster?
You know everytime I write his name I spell it that way, look at it, erase it and spell it the right time. I don't know why, but that is how it is. In answer to your question, post 42.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I want people to react in how a person answers a question as well (Although that is an lesser priority for my questions, it was still an important part of me asking these questions). For example, hiphop is currently receiving a lot of heating for his obnoxious way of answering my question. People can also refer back to this as evidence to help determind if they're more likely to be town or not.
Pay attention here. The questions are not why people are voting me. I could have done the exact same thing in mindlessly answering the questions and nothing would have been gained at all from the questions. Therefore the questions were not a significant part of this game. People are voting me because of me, not because of the questions.
Wickedestjr wrote:
hiphop wrote:He was scum, where everybody thought he was town, remember. If I was policy lynching someone who was good, my vote would be for Spyrex.
So, you’re vote for podium is for playing well in Mini 955, yet you say it isn’t a policy vote for a player you think is good. What?
good as scum.
Sando wrote:
hiphop wrote:Since I missed it, and you seem to see it, why did Almaster vote for me? And don't go making up something, give me a quote.
Because he wanted to start a BW, that seems fairly obvious...
Are you sure? why? People hop on a bw because they believe the guy is scummy, which leads to the whole obnoxious thing(<--the only thing that Almaster addressed about me). But as Almaster said obnoxious does not equal scummy. So I ask you again why did Almaster vote for me?
Sando wrote:
hiphop wrote:Votes me because I am being obnoxious, but that does not make me scummy. Interesting.
'interesting', especially given that you voted him in your next post with no further reasoning, is basically you saying he's contradicting himself. He didn't, just because he doesn't think you being obnoxious is scummy, doesn't mean he doesn't think you're scummy.
Now you are off track. There was something that triggered his vote. Most would assume that it is written in his post. What is written is that I am obnoxious. Yet obnoxious does not equal scummy. So why the vote? Solely because I am being obnoxious? Ah... the never ending loop. Besides I am not the only one that comes to that conclusion.
Sando wrote:Do I find you scummy? I said in my post why I'm suspicious of your game so far:
Sando wrote:Hiphop was looking very good till the vote on almaster. The whole 'I'm going to act like an idiot to catch opportunistic scum' was a bit labored, and I think hiphop isn't addressing why almaster actually voted for him.
Maybe I was being obnoxious on purpose, what about it? As for the second part, :lol: . Your starting to make me laugh. There were only two reasons that I can see why his vote is on me.

1.I am being obnoxious, but I addressed that already, so that cannot be what you are talking about.

2.Because, as you brillantly pointed out, he wanted to start a bw. How can I address why he voted for me, if he doesn't say why I am scummy?

So I ask you again, why am I scummy?
Sando wrote: Why does finding someone obnoxious mean that you find them scummy? Do you normally find obnoxious people are scummy in your games?
There is a difference. When someone votes for someone and leading up to that vote is a paragraph that refers to that person, one would think in that paragraph must be the reason for the vote. One would also think that the vote is because that person is scummy. So one would think that because I am being obnoxious is the reason for the vote. Read above for that never ending loop again.
Sando wrote:He's stated that it wasn't the reason he voted for hiphop, you keep ignoring this fact.
Where? He did not say, "I did not vote hiphop because he is being obnoxious." Nor did he make any statement that resembles that statement at all. Then I think...Wait a minute your the one that stated that. Not him. So llama is supposed to believe some statement that
you
pulled out of thin air? Now perhaps you can answer my questions.

llama omgus It is when you are voting for someone primarily because they are voting for you. It does not mean you cannot vote for Sando for having scummy reasons, in which he voted you. There is a difference.

mod-I need to know. Please explain the rules on hinting(on things such as the spelling, punctuation, etc.) or displaying pms sent by you. There is no such rule in your rules. It might be beneficial to all if you actually displayed the vanilla role for all to see.

Mod Edit:I've done as qequested. Please present any further questions about your role by pm.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:36 pm

llamaeatataco wrote:I know there's more to OMGUS, but judging by how he's acted so far I'm almost certain that's what he'd call it and he'd get all pissy. He doesn't seem to comprehend everything that I say...
I highly disagree with this comment. Betweeen the argument with you and Sando, you've been slightly more aggessive then him. Therefore, this argument doesn't really make much sense.
llamaeatataco wrote:wtf? 'you wagoned and didn't give a reason'
'sorry, I was saying I like this reason right here, and here's what it was and why I liked it'

'you didn't give a reason you're scum!'

That is the condensed version of his case.
No, this is basically what I see:

You voted AlmasterGM since it wasn't random, which sounds like bandwagoning. That made you look hypocritical.

*You delayed explaining why you found AlmasterGM scummy until Sando voted for you.

*ISO: 3, you basically made an OMGUS reply to Sando, trying to cover that up by saying "It would be full-blown OMGUS if I voted for him!".

*: Things that I've just brought up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”